SIP - Pity Do Dah, SIP - Pity A

Just a Before & After group shot.
89.JPG
90.JPG

Just the tube 90% of the time. If the top gets dry I'll add a little to the top. But that doesn't happen all that much.
Man this sip setup could be a game changer for sure. Did you have a layer of perlite at the bottom or just straight soil all the way down. Sorry if it seems im always throwing questions your way lol im just entrigued into this SIP game.

Next thing you know you will be growing autos this way!!!! What has this world come to???!!!??? :rofl:
SIPs would a  great way to grow autos. Especially for new growers that are attracted to autos for for reason but don' generally have the skills to water it properly so it doesn't stall. Can't fix an issue by extending the veg.

Man this sip setup could be a game changer for sure. Did you have a layer of perlite at the bottom or just straight soil all the way down. Sorry if it seems im always throwing questions your way lol im just entrigued into this SIP game.
Mine have soil all the way down. NP on questions. That's what these journals are for.

Well I got a bit worried because of the size of these plants already. Could very possibly grow the size of the last one.
That's a hell of a lot of trimming for one person; so I broke down & bought a hand crank bowl trimmer & drying rack.
Hopefully that will help speed up the process.
Also ordered a couple of those 6" fans that clip on the tent poles. Not sure if they're any good or not but needed some for my 2x4 tent. The little USB Fans don't cut it.
Fed the plants again today. Buckets were almost empty again. I raised my lights about 8" yesterday as the plants were starting to get close to them. I'm at about 20" above the canopy on 85% power. When I flip to 12/12 the lights will go on 100%. Anyways, it's looking like they will be some big girls.

OK, I know some of you guys are going to freak out on my defol & trim. But I always trim like this & I'm sure @Bill284 will vouch for me.... lol. Yes, I'm very heavy handed. If a branch isn't thick enough to hold a bud.... it's gone ! If a leaf is covering a bud site.... it's gone !
So here we go. First a couple of before the defol pics to give you an idea of the size & how bushy.
79.JPG
80.JPG

Now some after the trim & defol pics.
81.JPG
83.JPG
84.JPG
85.JPG
86.JPG
87.JPG
88.JPG

I didn't really remove many leaves on the SoHum as she is still the smallest & drinking the least. I'll let her flower as is. The rest....., well the leaves will fill back in, in a week. But it gives the center branches some light to grow upwards till then. Need them branches at the top for good size bud. They will go on 12/12 this weekend.

82.JPG
Your before pics have less leaves than my smallest girl.
You always make my heart race when I see your handy work.
You make it work though I'll give you that. :yahoo:
I've a cool whip container half full with the sum total of my defol to date.
But it's time to get on board the Buds train and be ruthless.
Stretch is finished and the rh is ridiculous in there.
Bet I cut off more than I ever have 🥺 this time.
Usually I make butter from larf so I'm not worried about a few extra smalls.
RH at 99% will make get you chopping the shit out of smalls and larf.
I'll let you know how it goes, get out the wheelbarrow. :rofl:
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Sweet thanks man I know some sips mention to have a layer at the bottom

I believe that's mainly if you're using organic soil. I'm using FFOF in 5 out of 6 buckets.

Well, that's me, and it's definitely not the standard design. I was just concerned about the organics being constantly underwater. At some point I'll test it and see if it's really an issue.

Well, that's me, and it's definitely not the standard design. I was just concerned about the organics being constantly underwater. At some point I'll test it and see if it's really an issue.
Isn't SoHum & using Recharge considered organic ? I'm not really sure.... so asking.

Isn't SoHum & using Recharge considered organic ? I'm not really sure.... so asking.
I could be way wrong, but I think @ReservoirDog said the issue is to keep unwanted contamination (cess) out of the reservoir.

I believe it is a peat based mix, which mine is not. Peat is formed under water so I assume it can handle being constantly soaked.
Sorry for another noob question from ignorance, but if an air gap is desirable, then would coarse Perlite potentially be desirable for the connector cup?
Or not really?

Sorry for another noob question from ignorance, but if an air gap is desirable, then would coarse Perlite potentially be desirable for the connector cup?
Or not really?
I think that would work fine. Really anything like that or clay balls, maybe smallish river rock, etc. Perlite does have some wicking ability as the Hempy crowd will tell you, so it should work fine.

And, the perlite would not be in the air gap except for the section that bridges the water and soil. The gap itself is just that, a gap.

Back
Top Bottom