SIP - Pity Do Dah, SIP - Pity A

Looking forward to the new journal, hope you have a safe and wonderful new year
Thank you & Happy New Years to you also.
Went to the store to get cigs & the pretty little thing working said "Happy New Years" & I told her to be under the mistletoe next time she says that to me. Got a pretty big smile out of her.... lol.
Tent is up & running so the new journal will start tonight or in the morning. Have to resize pics & get a few more things together first.

Sorry guys ! I've found myself caught up in so many things I have to do after my wife's passing, that I just haven't had time to update. Been going through each room from top to bottom getting things all back in working order to try to make life a little better. Also, been getting everything I need together for my Viparspectra journal. The Floats for the SIP Buckets are suppose to arrive any day now & I plan to use one in my 12 gal. SIP. I'll post my SIP Build step by step in that journal while I start my seed. Just about got the 4x8 down & plan to get the 4x4 up this weekend for that grow.

Anyway, I have no pics right now. But the Aurora Indica that was in the shed yielded 11 oz. 2 gr. This plant only got fed once per day for 3/4 of it's life. Once it got moved to the tent it got fed twice per day.
So this plant pulled a little more than the Cherry on Top that only got fed once per day it's entire life.
The Aurora Indica that was in the tent & got two feedings per day pulled 15 oz. 6 gr.
There was also a pretty big difference in the Cherry on Top (Shed 1 feeding) vs Cherry on Top (Tent 2 Feedings).
So I'm seeing a trend that it's best to keep the res Topped Off for a bigger yield.

This is actually the end of this journal; but I'll post updates of the Auto's here still until I harvest them. I'm not seeing Auto's as being good in SIP's. By time the Roots hit the res. the plant is starting to flower. Hard to grow a big plant like that. I'll do my Auto's in Fabric Pots next time.

Thanks again for all your support through the rough spell I just went through. Not that it's totally over, but it has been 7 days now & the reality of what's happened has started to sink in. I think that's the first step in putting life back together. Never the less, I miss her very much !

Take Care guys & I'll see you soon with my new journal.
So sorry Buds, I didn't know. Carrying on is the hardest thing to do, but the right thing to do...

Hey Buds
Im looking at SIPs , Im waiting to know /learn how to /use with top dressing Nutes. I have seen AC infinity and GroBuckets are there any more worth mentioning?

Thx Buds

Hey folks

Finally got all the pieces of the puzzle in place! I amended the soil last week. Giving it few weeks to cook, have some forbidden runtz auto from growers choice arriving this week. Super excited to get this run up and running. Just curious if you folks think I should do solo cup and then transplant or plant seed direct?

They say this strain finishes in 8 weeks. Maybe better to direct plant inot seedling starter soil and let the roots grow into the amended soil?

Do yous think I've to much cover crop on?

IMG_20230202_202104.jpg

Hey folks

Finally got all the pieces of the puzzle in place! I amended the soil last week. Giving it few weeks to cook, have some forbidden runtz auto from growers choice arriving this week. Super excited to get this run up and running. Just curious if you folks think I should do solo cup and then transplant or plant seed direct?

They say this strain finishes in 8 weeks. Maybe better to direct plant inot seedling starter soil and let the roots grow into the amended soil?

Do yous think I've to much cover crop on?

IMG_20230202_202104.jpg

IMG_20230206_110257.jpg

Did I read right ? 5gal and mega crop and you get 1 pound of smoke a plant ?
Well, Buds used bottled nutes on his plant. I know Emilya and Stone both use Geoflora for their organic grows. I know a few growers have had to adjust the MC nutes and there are several versions of the nutes as they seem to have adjusted their formula over the last few years.

Also depends on how long you plan to veg before flip.

Well, Buds used bottled nutes on his plant. I know Emilya and Stone both use Geoflora for their organic grows. I know a few growers have had to adjust the MC nutes and there are several versions of the nutes as they seem to have adjusted their formula over the last few years.

Also depends on how long you plan to veg before flip.
Just wondering if it was worth doing 3at the back on ferts just to compare to organics and keep me room mate happy and hump the yield up lol he don’t give a shit wot he smokes I’ll only toke organics same as the mrs

What makes a grow organic?

Cause yeah I'm using Biocanna which says products are 100% organic and meet all the requirements for organic farming. So am I doing an organic grow? I dunno, doesn't feel like it
And the Plagron lightmix I'm using is mineral I believe so if I use the batmix which is certified is that an organic grow?

Cause organic grow to me more sounds like someone composting his own soil and some funky fermentations as additives.

The purists will tell you it's using microbes to feed the plant. You load your mix up with the raw minerals and nutrients, but in their raw form they are not available for plants to use. That's where microbes come in.

The microbes digest the material and their wastes contain those same elements but now in a plant available form. The plant then sends root exudes out into the soil to tell the microbes what it wants, kind of like us ordering a pizza. The microbes go find what is asked for and then get paid in the form of root sugars exuded by the plant.

But this all requires a large enough container to house all the raw ingredients needed for a full grow, 10G seems like the minimum size and things get better as the container gets larger.

I grow in small pots (2G for flower) and I do a bit of a hybrid approach. I use microbes to break down accumulator plants like comfrey, nettle, seaweed, etc. And then feed that to my plants, more like a bottle grow.

I do add new microbes periodically in the form of worm castings and leaf mold so it's basically a combination of organic approaches for me.

Say and has anybody done a urine plant?
As well one of the large veg competition growers in the area swears by it..
So, urine is an interesting topic. First off, it should be from a clean source, meaning nothing with pharmaceuticals that can survive the body's breakdown process. There are reports of stuff like birth control hormones showing up in the final processed water from a waste water treatment plant. :eek:

Urine in general is very high in nitrogen and has lots of trace minerals. That said, I've seen comparison grows of urine vs Miracle Grow, for instance, and the MG did much better on flowering plants. Stuff like lettuce did ok on just urine but the MG plants looked better and were bigger.

Pretty small sample size, but suffice it to say the source of the urine determines to a large extent what trace minerals are included, so I'd be very hesitant about using it as a stand alone input for my plants. It  is a very good compost accelerator, however.

For a good, liquid, easy to make alternative to urine, consider making a Jadam water extract of an accumulator plant as mentioned above. See my sig for a thread on Jadam and KNF.

(We seem to be drifting a bit from Buds' thread topic, so, in order to respect his thread, maybe move further discussion elsewhere?)

My definition of organic is... see the link in my signature... custom soil mix.
and yes, free fertilizer...
1686530917964.png
NPK 11-2-4, plus Na, Cl, S, Mg, Ca

and since I wrote that "my custom soil mix"... +kelp, +silica from quartz powder.
also starting to use horsetail tea (equisetum) for silica and salicylic acid.
also starting to use willow bark for salicylic acid.
also starting to use beneficial bacteria and also trichoderma... in a product called Mikrobs (similar to Recharge)

Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus megaterium, Bacillus pumilus, Bacillus subtilis

Trichoderma... 3 species harzianum, viridae, longibrachiatum.

Back
Top Bottom