SIP - Pity Do Dah, SIP - Pity A

Oh snap, sorry.
I read it wrong.
But 2 6x6 lapped would be 3x3.
I'll check again.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:
They also say the knots slip easily any way you want but if you make it 3x3 that way you end up with a worse problem, so overlapping them might be the quickest answer.

When I did mine I used a section of the green garden fencing (2x3). More rigid of course, but it worked OK. I wasn't a fan of the process and never repeated it, but that's what I used.
Not doing a SCROG. Just want it for support during flower. Growing in a rectangle bin doesn't give many options for tying branches up when you're trying to fill a 4x4.

No Buds, I had to buy a soft nylon braided not stretchie one and cut it and tie it to a frame to get that dimension. I agree with that as the size to want! Don't know why they don't make them smaller.
That was my 2nd thought. I guess I'll just make one with PVC & Parachute Cord. Thanks for letting me know they don't make 3".

That, or you can find it made up and cut pieces.
They're easy enough to make yourself. I've done them before for my veggie garden. Tie the top and bottom, then string the in-between pieces in one direction. Then, go the other way 90* wrapping the string around the cross piece, then back over itself before continuing on to the next one. A little bit tedious, but a good zen experience once you get into it.

Lets get this party started! everything just arrived, gonna wash the pebbles and soak them and then tomorrow fill the pot and hopefully by Saturday the seed is cracked and it can go in. I'll be selfwatering in 2023!
IMG_0811.JPG

Lets get this party started! everything just arrived, gonna wash the pebbles and soak them and then tomorrow fill the pot and hopefully by Saturday the seed is cracked and it can go in. I'll be selfwatering in 2023!
IMG_0811.JPG
Can't wait, Fender! Party on. :party:

Sorry guys ! I've found myself caught up in so many things I have to do after my wife's passing, that I just haven't had time to update. Been going through each room from top to bottom getting things all back in working order to try to make life a little better. Also, been getting everything I need together for my Viparspectra journal. The Floats for the SIP Buckets are suppose to arrive any day now & I plan to use one in my 12 gal. SIP. I'll post my SIP Build step by step in that journal while I start my seed. Just about got the 4x8 down & plan to get the 4x4 up this weekend for that grow.

Anyway, I have no pics right now. But the Aurora Indica that was in the shed yielded 11 oz. 2 gr. This plant only got fed once per day for 3/4 of it's life. Once it got moved to the tent it got fed twice per day.
So this plant pulled a little more than the Cherry on Top that only got fed once per day it's entire life.
The Aurora Indica that was in the tent & got two feedings per day pulled 15 oz. 6 gr.
There was also a pretty big difference in the Cherry on Top (Shed 1 feeding) vs Cherry on Top (Tent 2 Feedings).
So I'm seeing a trend that it's best to keep the res Topped Off for a bigger yield.

This is actually the end of this journal; but I'll post updates of the Auto's here still until I harvest them. I'm not seeing Auto's as being good in SIP's. By time the Roots hit the res. the plant is starting to flower. Hard to grow a big plant like that. I'll do my Auto's in Fabric Pots next time.

Thanks again for all your support through the rough spell I just went through. Not that it's totally over, but it has been 7 days now & the reality of what's happened has started to sink in. I think that's the first step in putting life back together. Never the less, I miss her very much !

Take Care guys & I'll see you soon with my new journal.

Hey Buds, thinking of you.

So I'm seeing a trend that it's best to keep the res Topped Off for a bigger yield.
So that is feeding twice a day right?
I'm not seeing Auto's as being good in SIP's. By time the Roots hit the res. the plant is starting to flower. Hard to grow a big plant like that. I'll do my Auto's in Fabric Pots next time.
Interesting. I am possibly going to try Swick in my fabric pots, and place them directly on a mound of perlite in a res. I am growing autos for the second time, so still unfamiliar with their growth cycles.

See you in the new journal Buds

Hey Buds, thinking of you.

So that is feeding twice a day right?

Interesting. I am possibly going to try Swick in my fabric pots, and place them directly on a mound of perlite in a res. I am growing autos for the second time, so still unfamiliar with their growth cycles.

See you in the new journal Buds
Yes, feeding twice per day. The Auto's I'm growing are much smaller than the ones I grew in fabric pots. Same strain but different breeder. My first Auto in a SIP so can't really say it's the SIP method yet. I still think I'd rather do Auto's in Fabric Pots though.

The new journal should be pretty good. I pretty much went all out on how this SIP will be built. Cross my fingers it goes as well when I build it, as it does in my head....lol.

We have someone showing up.. not bad, went to pick up the seeds at the post office on Monday, dropped it in a glas.. showed some root Wednesday morning, put it in the pot and today she's peeking.
IMG_0817.JPG

Okay the perlite on top was a bad idea despite looking cooling, if that gets dry it's like styrofoam, even moistening it blows it away.. but from a meter away it works :p I kinda planned on keeping that just moist.. the centre soil column has been prewatered and the rest of the soil is fresh and also misted when putting it in.. so except for misting the top I kinda plan on doing nothing the next weeks.. except fill up the reservoir, I'm gonna wait a bit, let the seedling develop, but then I feel if I put nutes in the tank the roots will be extra quick to get to the water channel. As in every "system" I've tried before the root would always try and colonise the feeding tank asap really not caring about anything along the way, small airgap with drip, or through the tubes and valves..

Hi Buds

It’s 0530 in Australia and it’s Christmas morning.

You were the first person I thought of.

Merry Christmas. Xo

Be nice to yourself today. Remember the love. You have people you will never meet doing their best to cyber send you exactly what you need to hold you up.

I am sending you love, and may god bless you because I know it’s what you need right now.

All my love
Tra Xo

Back
Top Bottom