SmokeyMcFly's - Hurkle - Blue Dream & Plushberry - Highbrix - LED - Grow

Agree Doc. It very much seems like the soil is either still in balance enough to work or it isn't which is fantastic for us as growers. Even though things have to still be out of wack from the original kit mix it's in wack enough for the microbes to survive so the plant is happy regardless :high-five:

Here she is with a bit training in the net. I haven't cut or super cropped anything just spread her out a bit and up potted into a 20gallon bin. Tonight I will work on pruning up a bit of the under growth and as she stretches I will spread the branches out further but right now thats as far as they could reach.

DSC_9327_668DSC_9327_sm.JPG
DSC_9317_671DSC_9317_sm.JPG

Undergrowth
DSC_9321_670DSC_9321_sm.JPG

Maybe I should of started the net a bit lower?

Hope everyone's having a great weekend. It's hot as hell out here right now so its stay inside and :passitleft:

Smokey!!....she's gorgeous pal. Ya, she liked the GE...nice deep, rich greens w/ no burnt tips....don't you burn those tips Smokey....ya right Dugg's...did ya see my KK bud...all crispy and shit. I shouldn't talk!!...those Kosher Kush are fu..n Epsom eaters...could hardly keep up to them with it. Matter of fact...they're gonna get another couple drinks with it.
Anyhow , cheers eh.:thumb:

Hey Duggan cheers bud and thanks! I'm glad this one turned around would of sucked to miss an entire cycle for sure.

Yeah those burnt tips are a pita. How much of the amendment did you add each recycle?

Hey Duggan cheers bud and thanks! I'm glad this one turned around would of sucked to miss an entire cycle for sure.

Yeah those burnt tips are a pita. How much of the amendment did you add each recycle?

OK Smokey, this third run DBHBB soil is a lil different ...all three times it was amended, it was with regular first run amendment(didn't have any third run on hand) Doc said it would be OK if I only sprayed 1/2 as much and were lighter with the Drenches. this was my first time trying third run this way....next crop is going in my other rotating batch of third run too. Now I know it's very strong and to go really light with the DBHBB stuff throughout the grow....I have learned a lot from this one , with this very rich soil! Cheers pal!

OK Smokey, this third run DBHBB soil is a lil different ...all three times it was amended, it was with regular first run amendment(didn't have any third run on hand) Doc said it would be OK if I only sprayed 1/2 as much and were lighter with the Drenches. this was my first time trying third run this way....next crop is going in my other rotating batch of third run too. Now I know it's very strong and to go really light with the DBHBB stuff throughout the grow....I have learned a lot from this one , with this very rich soil! Cheers pal!

Sounds like the same thing that was happening to me. Try mixing 30 - 40% fresh pro-mix in with it and I bet you get better results. I don't know what kinda percent of the minerals we are using up on a typical grow but I think we are adding to much in on the recycles and ending up with soil that is over loaded with minerals :thumb:

Sounds like the same thing that was happening to me. Try mixing 30 - 40% fresh pro-mix in with it and I bet you get better results. I don't know what kinda percent of the minerals we are using up on a typical grow but I think we are adding to much in on the recycles and ending up with soil that is over loaded with minerals :thumb:

Ya, I think so too Smokey.....i'l have to buy a small bag of PM then and cut in some to the next batch which has been cooking for quite a while with all those minerals. Funny though cuz for the first half of the grow it seemed to be perfect....what gives?

This is why I usually discard my soil after 4 runs, and I try to grow strains that like high salts in the 4th run soil.

You're exactly correct on what happens. Cutting in fresh promix helps a ton, but fresh soil is even better. Weigh costs/benefits between brand new/recycled and figure out what's best for you.

Ya, I think so too Smokey.....i'l have to buy a small bag of PM then and cut in some to the next batch which has been cooking for quite a while with all those minerals. Funny though cuz for the first half of the grow it seemed to be perfect....what gives?

There's enough microbial action to support small plants with low metabolism. But when they get big and need to draw nutrition from the soil, it's just too salty or perhaps has too much organic matter to have good microbial action.

I'm excited because I just finished the best produce I've grown to date and it was just 2nd run tuned (some leaf during flower and post-harvest) soil. 3rd round coming up.

:cool:

Thanks Doc. Have you ever done any testing on soil after a run to see how much is getting used up to give a better idea of how much we should be adding in when recycling?

Grats Gov :passitleft:

My last Bubba Kush from Ace sprouted yesterday and is looking nice and healthy. I was worried because it was a limited run and there all gone now :( Im gonna have to keep a mom of it around for a while I think, its the only thing the wife will smoke from Ace, the Sativas kick her ass with only one hit and she refuses to smoke them now :rofl:

Thanks Doc. Have you ever done any testing on soil after a run to see how much is getting used up to give a better idea of how much we should be adding in when recycling?

Grats Gov :passitleft:

My last Bubba Kush from Ace sprouted yesterday and is looking nice and healthy. I was worried because it was a limited run and there all gone now :( Im gonna have to keep a mom of it around for a while I think, its the only thing the wife will smoke from Ace, the Sativas kick her ass with only one hit and she refuses to smoke them now :rofl:

Yep. I add nothing after the third run and discard the soil after the 4th.

Three weeks completed since flip. Last night she got a topdress of recharge epson salt and worm castings watered in with 15ml GE and 1.5ml of tea in 2gallons of water. She got a brix feeding over the weekend and is starting to rock and roll. I will probaly do the CD in about a weekish.

DSC_9364_677DSC_9364_sm.JPG
DSC_9373_679DSC_9373_sm.JPG
DSC_9365_678DSC_9365_sm.JPG
DSC_9377_680DSC_9377_sm.JPG
DSC_9381_681DSC_9381_sm.JPG

Babies, bubba kush from Ace and two Zamaldelica from my hermied one I grew a bit back :cheer:
DSC_9385_682DSC_9385_sm.JPG

Hope everyone is having a good week :passitleft:

Three weeks completed since flip. Last night she got a topdress of recharge epson salt and worm castings watered in with 15ml GE and 1.5ml of tea in 2gallons of water. She got a brix feeding over the weekend and is starting to rock and roll. I will probaly do the CD in about a weekish.

DSC_9364_677DSC_9364_sm.JPG
DSC_9373_679DSC_9373_sm.JPG
DSC_9365_678DSC_9365_sm.JPG
DSC_9377_680DSC_9377_sm.JPG
DSC_9381_681DSC_9381_sm.JPG

Babies, bubba kush from Ace and two Zamaldelica from my hermied one I grew a bit back :cheer:
DSC_9385_682DSC_9385_sm.JPG

Hope everyone is having a good week :passitleft:

Back to ya on the good week! Plants look normal. Well, for you anyways. That means amazing is normal. Very high, etc.

Are you using WayAhead?

Back
Top Bottom