Sorenna's - 2015 - Strawberry Blue Reveg in Soil under Mars LED

Thank you, Shadowmoses. Im just a wee bit proud of her. I think she looks a lot different this time. Far bushier. The only thing I can conclude is she likes the mean manipulation of her branches but she doesnt like topping. So we wont do that anymore. haha Now I just have to get her feedings squared away, when I get brave enough to feed her again. She seems fine without any right at the moment, so we will go with that for now.

Hi yall. :) Ive been doing a little research on other strains, because, as I suspected, I want to grow photos, instead of autos. But I dont have any photo seeds, except whatever I might be able to find from a bag. Ive found 3 strains that pique my interest. Im wondering if any of yall have grown, or know anyone who has grown Kali Mist, Durbin Poison, or Amnesia Haze. Of these 3, Amnesia Haze is the only one Ive ever heard of.

Here is a description of them from SeedFinder:

Kali Mist

Indoor clone grow time: 1-5 days
Indoor flowering period: 70-90 days
Indoor yield: 300-500 g/m²
Harvest Date Outdoor: middle - end of November

Arguably the top sativa strain available today. With 90% sativa genetices, Kali Mist grows into tall, running, classically sativa plants with very few leaves. This strain produces dense clusters of full fluffy buds, producing much higher yields than you would expect. The plant structure and few leaves allow the light to pass all the way to lower branches, allowing bottom buds to develop fully. When planted outside early in the year this plant can grow very tall. Expect spiraling flowers with a high resin content and a delightfully spicy scent.

Kali Mist is often the choice of experts for their own stash grows. Also, particularly women seem to like this strain, next to the sheer pleasure of smoking it, we received several reports that it works great against menstrual cramps.

We are proud to announce that Kali Mist was improved in 2000 to produce bigger yields. In Spain it proved to be very mold resistent, even outside during bad weather. This strain has flavor and subtle cerebral effect that gave it a Cannabis Cup first prize in 1995 (Hydro Cup) and again (with this new and improved version) in 2000 (Seed Company Sativa Cup)! Without a doubt the choice for connoisseur stash. Gives a very strong, clear and energizing High.

Durban Poison

Imported from South Africa, produced in Holland. Exclusively inbred, never hybridized, 100% Sativa. Large long budleaves, buds are also large and long with lots of resin. A sweet licorice or anise flavour. "Up" high similar to Thai. High yields. Well suited for outcrossing with late bloomers to produce earlier flowering. Also does very well under artificial light. A very popular variety.

THC: 8.6%
flowering period: 8 - 9 weeks
harvest time outdoor: end of Sept.

Amnesia Haze

After the haze genetics came to Holland and several hybrids were made, an American expat would later combine one of these hybrids with a male derived from old school haze seeds creating the Amnesia Haze. We felt our collection of marijuana seeds would not be complete without one of the best hazes to ever be smoked, so we got a hold of some Amnesia and made feminised seeds.

Our Amnesia haze is a well maintained plant growing just over a metre tall, to about 1.2m. She can be grown outdoors but will require hot weather like Australia, North Africa and California, however may need to be grown in a greenhouse due to her long flower period.

Amnesia haze is one of our best yielding cannabis strains, producing 70-80 g per plant with up to 600g per metre squared under a 600w light. She can produce big outside, with full sun, reaching as much as 200g per plant. However extra care should be taken outdoors as this is a sensitive plant, so problems with weather, bugs or irrigation will harm your final harvest.

The only down side with Amnesia haze is the long flower time required of 12 weeks. Although this is high enough to make most commercial growers run for the hills, true cannabis connoisseurs will find the wait more than worth it. Amnesia haze is suitable for both hydro and soil grows, sea/screen of green too.

So after 4 months of growing, 2 weeks of drying and curing and your finally ready to smoke the Amnesia haze that has taken you so long to grow. After your 1st joint or bong we are certain you will be more than satisfied with the smoke after waiting such a long time. Our Amnesia Haze really is one of the best cannabis strains in our entire stock.

Every hit comes with a truly psychedelic head high, likely to send any user straight into the astrosphere. The flavour is fresh and fruity like you expect from a haze which only makes the smoke so much more enjoyable. Smokers are warned this is a strong smoke and, as the name suggests, users can often turn their brains off completely after a session.ÿ

Type: Sativa: 80%; Indica: 20%
Yield: 70-80 grams
Harvest month: October
Height of the plant: 100-120 cm
Genetic background: Amnesia Haze
Effect: Psychedelic high
Cannabinoid content: Extremely high
Flowering time 12 weeks

The Kali Mist interests me because it "gives a very strong, clear and energizing High". This seems to me the pinnacle of what Im looking for. Energizing High. Yes, please. I also like the reports of high yields. Now that I have my first grow out of the way and I "know" beyond a shadow of a doubt I can get a harvest, yield and quality will be the mainstays of my grows from now on, that and learning more and more.

The Durban Poison interests me because of the flavor. Anise or Black Licorice. Yum! Yum! I love that flavor so much. lol I also like the high yield reports and resinous buds. The "up" high is interesting too, if a little vague. What concerns me, and its likely no cause for concern, is the 8.6% THC. Isnt that pretty low? Maybe I just dont understand how THC percentages work in regards to the potency of a strain. Anybody wish to correct me?

Finally, the Amnesia Haze spoke to me too when I hunting for a new girl. The long flowering time of the strain makes the impatience in me curl up my nose, but words like "psychedelic head high" and "turn brain off completely after a session", make me stand up and pay attention.

What do yall think of these strains? I really need mas seeds. I only have 4 autos. Which is fine (for now) because Ill only grow one or two plants at a time, but what if one or more fail to germinate? My options become VERY limited then.

If you're looking for a Sativa high, and your list suggests that, check out ACE seeds. The HB guys are all a-flutter about them, apparently with good cause.

The Amnesia is half of one of my crosses (the Auto Jock Horror x Auto Amnesia). It's the Auto, but I remember the breeder of my seeds telling me how much he enjoyed that strain. It was one of the better buzzes I've grown so far. Amnesia comes very highly recommended.

The Durban poison only has a 8.6% THC? I'd stop and think about that one.

The Kali Mist sounds like one I should try myself.

Do yourself a favor and check our site strain reviews to see if you can find any on these.

Medical Marijuana Strain Reviews

UPDATE: Louise - Day 28

Hi everybody. :)

Louise is still impressing me. Shes growing and growing. Her lower growth is quickly catching up the upper growth, now that Im messing with her stems. I think I like the super cropping or whatever the method of bending the stems is called. She has gotten no water since last update, but she is drying out quickly so maybe tomorrow or the next day. Ive not made up my mind when I will start with nutes again. I think I may skip veg nutes entirely and only give her the bloom regimen after I flip her, which I havent decided on either. Im so not looking forward to her browning and curling her leaves, so Im putting it off until I have to feed her. Im really loving her green lushness right now and dont want it marred really.

I have a Q. Ive noticed she has a lot of smaller growth way down low near the surface of the dirt. They do not appear to doing a whole lot of growing, but I wondered if maybe I should remove it so she can concentrate on her upper growth?

Anyway, here she be in all her bountiful greenery.
louise8261.jpg

~Toodles!

She's doing great in her reincarnation Sorenna!

You can remove that lower growth tho it's not taking much from the whole. Don't tear it off but snip it off a half inch from the stem. Helps prevent any kind of infection getting into the stem and affecting the whole plant. Same with taking off leaves. They should be snipped or pinched off with part of their stem left. It will dry up and fall off on it's own.

L8r

UPDATE: Louise - Day 31

I have bad news. Louise has worms. Ive been noticing on her leaves some discolored spots, but I put it off on not giving her any nutes at all, but yesterday I found some of the leaves were MUCH worse than others and some werent affected at all. I decided to look for pests on the bottoms of the leaves. I didnt find any, but I did see a few black speckles scattered here and there. I came to :420: to find out what it might could be. I thought it might be thrips, but I didnt actually see any, so I got a spray bottle of plain water and sprayed all the leaves, if for no other reason than I could get a really close look at most, if not all, of the leaves up close. I found a little tiny worm. :S Not happy about that at all. Louise had a single worm visitor when she was just a couple of weeks old. Ate a good bit of the tip of one of her leaves. I took off the worm and felt I found my culprit. I looked over the rest of the leaves and I didnt see any thing. Maybe I got it before too much damage, right? I hope so. My hopes were a bit dashed tonight when I turned on the lights, however. I found another worm. A bigger worm. Maybe this is the culprit. I searched the leaves again and again found nothing.

Unfortunately I cannot post any pictures at the moment. My daughter took her phone to a friends birthday party and I dont have it right now. Ill post some later. She still looks good overall, but some of her leaves just make me want to cry for her. I dont really know what to do about the little worms Im finding.

Im still a bit in awe of how different she looks and how she is reacting differently this time. I feel like, if I get rid of this pest issue, shell make a pretty decent harvest for me. Fingers crossed. I need to redeem myself for my last harvest. How was I to know shed still make her buds with a split stem? lol

My reveg makes me wonder why more people dont reveg their plants. It seems like a whole bunch less work than cloning and cutting some of the time off from growing from seed.

Anyway. Its a not so great a day in my tent today, but I feel confident it will work out fine.

Yall have a great one.

Bye bye.

That's the 2nd wormy plant I've heard about in here this last week Sorenna.

Does it look like an inch worm or caterpillar type critter? Seen any little moths around?

If they persist you could use BTK made by Safer's here. It's a biological insecticide we use on the broccoli and cauliflower to prevent them. Bacillis thuringiens. Gives the little bastards a terminal tummy ache. Might be able to take care of by hand killing them too.

I'm not sure how long it takes for the eggs to hatch after the moth drops them so it may have been a while back one got to Louise. At least they aren't an ongoing battle like mites.

Good luck.

L8r

Well, now that you mention it. I have seen some little moths. Grrr. I never thought anything of them. I probably have a whole mess of little 'pillars just waiting for their turn to wreck havoc. :(

Hi Sorenna!!!

I see you around all the time and I just stumbled on your REVEG! I think it's a perfect time for me to introduce myself.

The kids call me Pigeons, it'd be a pleasure to have a seat in the wonderful pages of your journal. I hope you don't mind!

I've done 2 revegs and kinda failed at the 3rd one because of responsibilities and duties in the grow room. I'm currently doing another one just for giggles. I have to ask myself "if you can REVEG, why do we continue buying seeds?" But then I remind myself that having a little variety is a good thing.
This REVEG is a little different. all I left was stock and minimal bud sites. So it's going to be a bit of a surprise as to what happens.

I really like how your Strawberry Blue is looking! Very clean and healthy!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day! Can't wait to get to know you better!!

Hi Sorenna!!!

I see you around all the time and I just stumbled on your REVEG! I think it's a perfect time for me to introduce myself.

The kids call me Pigeons, it'd be a pleasure to have a seat in the wonderful pages of your journal. I hope you don't mind!

I've done 2 revegs and kinda failed at the 3rd one because of responsibilities and duties in the grow room. I'm currently doing another one just for giggles. I have to ask myself "if you can REVEG, why do we continue buying seeds?" But then I remind myself that having a little variety is a good thing.
This REVEG is a little different. all I left was stock and minimal bud sites. So it's going to be a bit of a surprise as to what happens.

I really like how your Strawberry Blue is looking! Very clean and healthy!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day! Can't wait to get to know you better!!

Hello Pigeons. :blushsmile: How lovely to meet you. I, too, have seen you in the threads and its my honor to have you sit amongst my pages. Its awesome that you do revegs too. Before I started mine, Id not seen a reveg. Now, I am aware of quite a few others. Louise is the grower here, she said we we're revegging, and guess what, we're revegging. lol

Make yourself comfy, dont be shy, and dont bogart advice. :)

Hi hope you do well here only a week left to start my own got everything but the light n seeds

Hello Epicxr! :welcome:

Thank you for coming in for a visit. Its a pleasure to meet you. Im sure you are ultra excited about starting your own plants. I know I was. I sat here after I put the first seeds in dirt and just inhaled the smell of it. An unfamiliar smell in my bedroom. It was very exciting.

Make yourself at home and good luck with your grow when you start it. :blushsmile:

Its me again. :)

Here are the promised pictures that go along with last night's update.

She still looks pretty good, overall and in general.
louise8301.jpg

louise8302.jpg

louise8303.jpg

But if we take a closer look...
louise8304.jpg

We will see some damage.
louise8305.jpg

Still havent seen any more 'pillars. I hope they are gone like the dinosaurs. lol

See yall soon. :blushsmile:

Yes she does. She's a pretty one Sorenna. Just keep letting her grow. There's no rush.

Hello Pigeons. :blushsmile: How lovely to meet you. I, too, have seen you in the threads and its my honor to have you sit amongst my pages. Its awesome that you do revegs too. Before I started mine, Id not seen a reveg. Now, I am aware of quite a few others. Louise is the grower here, she said we we're revegging, and guess what, we're revegging. lol

Make yourself comfy, dont be shy, and dont bogart advice. :)

Before I saw YOUR reveg, I'd never heard of a reveg - so thank you. My girl has been sitting after chop for about 2 weeks under 16/8. So far, no changes in leaves or the small buds. I'm in a holding pattern hoping for the success you are having with Louise in reveg.

Very nice, Radogast. Its my understanding that it will take about 2 weeks for them to reboot, as it were, then the leaves will be all gnarled and weird. Of course, like me, Louise had to do things her way by revegging by herself in the dark.

She is doing well, despite her holy leaves and even a few light burnt ones. Silly me, I didnt realize when I was turning her to look for caterpillars that I was shoving her upper leaves directly into a CFL. Let me just tell ya, it takes about 2.2 seconds to burn multiple leaves with direct contact.

This revegging thing has gone pretty well, I think. So well, that I might make it a regular thing, to at least try to get them to reveg. If they do, great, if not, well, I tried. Well see. Ive learned not to make plans. lol

Very nice, Radogast. Its my understanding that it will take about 2 weeks for them to reboot, as it were, then the leaves will be all gnarled and weird. Of course, like me, Louise had to do things her way by revegging by herself in the dark.

She is doing well, despite her holy leaves and even a few light burnt ones. Silly me, I didnt realize when I was turning her to look for caterpillars that I was shoving her upper leaves directly into a CFL. Let me just tell ya, it takes about 2.2 seconds to burn multiple leaves with direct contact.

This revegging thing has gone pretty well, I think. So well, that I might make it a regular thing, to at least try to get them to reveg. If they do, great, if not, well, I tried. Well see. Ive learned not to make plans. lol

Not making plans?
I think you are making contingency plans! That's even better :)

Back
Top Bottom