Stardawg17, Dutch Bucket, Photo, Fall 2022

If it's genetic there's nothing to be done, but since you moved the light and the heater see if you continue to get new leaves that do that.
Thanks Shed!

I'll be keeping an eye on her. I read through most of that thread and it looked like Dutchman had success pruning the funky stuff. so if need be I'll go that route.

My mite army should arrive soon and I'll release some in each tent just to be safe.

Just a quick late Friday update...

So I don't believe the mutation is genetic. The plant that first showed the issue was Northern Lights 2. Now Purple Queen 2 is showing the same thing.

PtTNEyx01cTjlX3RHtACyEGo-Q=w668-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

vUcO_MSRPceb_WpKDsEPWEjj0Q=w668-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

I'll scope for bugs again tomorrow. Speaking of bugs...My army has arrived and I deployed the first 2 battallions. I hung a sachet of Amblyseius andersoni in each tent.

CLONES
I've been adding 1.7 ml GH Flora Grow to the clone reservoir each day and the clones are starting to sprout roots. Here are pics from 2 days ago...
_B1vTmxseRqfJKZxJx26dfxUA=w1185-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

9867cDeMNwjNImidK7INJVaSA=w1185-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

The leaves are starting to yellow so this morning I gave them a spritz with a light nutrient solution. Hopefully they perk up again. I'm planning to take 2 of each type and start a seed from a different variety for the next grow. I'm not sure how to time starting the new seed with these clones...suggestions welcomed :reading420magazine:
G3go1mfsJOe_U3yyAI9JTsx8g=w1185-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

I think I have 2 options for how to use the 2 tents.

Option 1:
Keep 2 mothers (1 NL and 1 PQ) in the 2x2 tent. Use the main 4x4 tent for starting clones from the mothers and seeds for additional variety / vegging / flower / drying.

Option 2:
Take cuttings from each grow and use the cloner and start seeds in the 2x2 tent. I would need to keep the new plants vegging in the bubbler in the 2x2 until the previous grow is finished drying.

I think option 2 might be less hassle and would allow me to keep the train rolling. The one thing I need to be aware of is growing early July - late September it can get quite hot here and the AC in the shed has a hard time keeping things cool. And if I have power issues like I did in 2021 it can wreck things in a hurry. With option 1 I would have more control over when I start each grow. As things stand today I might be able to squeeze in another grow this spring. Again, suggestions welcome :nervous-guy:

I don't have the room for Moms, wish i did. My setup:
*2x2 *2x4*5x5
Once the veg plants enter the 5x5 on day 1 of flower, ill take clones and throw them into my 2x2, then 2x4, etc

That way once the cloner is finished and uppot to veg ,2 -4 plants will fit in the 2x2.

Option 2
Thanks GG for the perspective. I do have a bigger tote I can use for being in DWC. It was my external res for the hempy system so it has a hole in the side at the top where the return came in. That would leave about a 2" air gap between the lid of the tote and and the water when the res is full. I think that should be fine maybe even good as the roots would already be probably 6-8 inches plus by the time I move then in. 🤔

If the leaf issue is spreading then it's environmental. Check everything from pH to light/heat/fan issues to pests, so you can eliminate all the usual suspects/
The leaves are starting to yellow so this morning I gave them a spritz with a light nutrient solution.
Most clones will get yellow leaves as they develop roots. It's like the plant can't keep the topside happy while working down below.
I'm not sure how to time starting the new seed with these clones...
Keep the 2 mothers small and put clones and seedlings in there with them in the 2x2. Dry in a cardboard box.

the leaf issue is spreading then it's environmental. Check everything from pH to light/heat/fan issues to pests, so you can eliminate all the usual suspects/
Fortunately, they look much better after raising the lights.

Temperature stays around 80F Lights on and 65F lights out.
VPD is around 1600 lights on but drops to 900 lights out. This has me a bit worried as stretch is wrapping up and buds are developing.

My pH has been around 6.0 - 6.2. Although my probe is probably nearing end of life.
Most clones will get yellow leaves as they develop roots. It's like the plant can't keep the topside happy while working down b
I've been trimming them off... should I leave them?
I've also been foliar feeding, should I stop?
Keep the 2 mothers small and put clones and seedlings in there with them in the 2x2. Dry in a cardboard box.
I do like the idea of keeping mothers and there's a nice tutorial on bonsai mothers by he who shall not be named.

I've never grown in soil and I'm concerned about maintaining them. Would it make sense to put them in small SIPs? Would the air pruning of the roots simplify things?

Fortunately, they look much better after raising the lights.
:thumb:
I've been trimming them off... should I leave them?
I'd leave them because the plant knows what it needs.
I've also been foliar feeding, should I stop?
I'm not sure it will do any harm but I don't start feeding my clones until there is good root growth and some topside as well. First feed is 50% full veg nutes and then full strength from then on.
I do like the idea of keeping mothers and there's a nice tutorial on bonsai mothers by he who shall not be named.
I didn't realize that FryingPanFlyer was an off-limit member!
I've never grown in soil and I'm concerned about maintaining them. Would it make sense to put them in small SIPs? Would the air pruning of the roots simplify things?
West Hippie has a thread about his mother plant in DWC, but I want to keep my mothers as small as possible, so anything that causes fast growth is out for me. No dynomyco, low lighting, etc.

UPDATE
Report DateSeed DropWeekFlip DateIn Flower
1/3010/23141/7TRUE
Plant IDStrainDays OldHeight (cm)Growth (cm)Topped OnDays FloweredHarvest DateDays To Go
NL1Northern Lights99323233/332
NL2Northern Lights9937512/11233/332
NL3Northern Lights99407233/332
PQ1Purple Queen99601312/25233/736
PQ2Purple Queen9940612/17233/736
AIR QUALITY
VPD(Pa)Temp(F)RH(%)
maxavgminmaxavgminmaxavgmin
WATER QUALITY
pH(logarithmic units)TDS(ppm)Temp(F)
maxavgminmaxavgminmaxavgmin
7.616.221090073.277816.781006.69773226.1672.6165.85951401-196.6
NUTRIENTS
ml/galgallonsTotal ml
FloraMicro2.71745.9
FloraGro41768
FloraBloom5.31790.1
CalMag1.81730.6
Floralicious+0170
KoolBloom11717
Flora Nectar0170
Silica Gold41768
FloraKleen0170
Hormex51785
h2o2 (12%)0170

I changed out the reservoir today. There was just about 2 gallons remaining. It was too low for the sample pump to run and I'm not sure about the feed pump. I knew something funky was going on with the level sensor, but, I've been too busy and/or lazy to check it manually. Hopefully none of the equipment got ruined. I had some sort of short with the wiring and I'm probably fortunate nothing caught fire.

Anyway, got everything setup again but I won't be able to replace that sensor until this weekend so I'll need to keep a closer eye on things. That also means the ladies drank 12 gallons of nutrients this week. You can see above I maxed out the reservoir with 17 gallons this week as I head into mid bloom.

The Northern Lights ladies also got haircuts today. I didn't get to the Purple Queens and I probably won't have pics of them until I have time to trim later this week. I'll post pics of the NL ladies after the clone update.

CLONES - Day 14
J2dRouXugPmVfXCWXkRgJDmMw=w1185-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

faLjkXqm5rSpYOb5t7jUrLrHQ=w1185-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

Sure look like roots are gonna pop anytime now. When I see roots I guess it's time to drop the companion seed I'll be growing with them.

Tent view
1675140876562.png

Group Pic
kqIovnLgvysKYUFMn70kfpBENw=w668-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

Flower girls are looking great! I have a question about the clones though: are you planning on cutting those stem holders to get them out when you move them? No way you can back them out undamaged through the holes!
Thanks shed!

yeah...I'll try to slit them and see if I they can be reused...If not they were $1 each 🤷‍♂️

Another busy night in the lab...Last night in my rush to wrap things up I knocked out the feed line from PQ1. Not sure where all the nutes went but there were about 3 in the res and 3 in the bottom of the tent. Depending on how much the other 4 plants sucked up today that leaves 10-11 gallons unaccounted. So...I mixed up another 9 gallons with the RO I had available. I'll probably need to add more later this week. Fine time for my res level gauge to go on the fritz :lot-o-toke:

I did get the Purple Queens all cleaned up :)

PQ1 - Day 100 - Flower 24
JSize0Gmvshvsuqscf2iDiaWqA=w443-h590-no?authuser=0.jpg

qO0Tk9Cs8fUj6NTSA-9fQ8n_fw=w443-h590-no?authuser=0.jpg

mk4XNiSb0nPBHlTqeTapGJpewg=w443-h590-no?authuser=0.jpg

uW8i1PLgaW2GyPMe2gEY9S0oSA=w443-h590-no?authuser=0.jpg

SM6vhkeIcxn9zLFiFdgU2mkWHA=w787-h590-no?authuser=0.jpg

After Trim
0qq7USdwE3GZUcwpo6N8LvUrpg=w443-h590-no?authuser=0.jpg

cwje8yvIadmsxHIFDe-YF4sQwA=w787-h590-no?authuser=0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom