Sticky's Almost Perpetual Grow

A dude at Kroger that worked for me kept talking about soaking pork ribs in coffee. A customer tried it and came in raving about. Naturally the rest of us had to go for it. Only way to do ribs now.

I love pulled pork, when Kroger had pork butt on sale we’d roast a couple for customers to sample.
That is a great idea. Especially with a simple recipe included or something.

pork butts cook great all kinds of ways. I like carnitas myself. Raw Onion, jalapeños, garlic, whole orange and cilantro into a Dutch oven. Remove some of the fat cap and render it separately. Cut the pork butt into very large cubes and season each side with salt pepper, dry oregano, powdered cumin and coriander. Put the top on the Dutch oven and bake 300 overnight. Shred the pork then fry it in the separately rendered fat, hitting it with the juice directly before you serve... corn tortillas, fresh onions and cilantro.. can’t get any better

That is a great idea. Especially with a simple recipe included or something.

pork butts cook great all kinds of ways. I like carnitas myself. Raw Onion, jalapeños, garlic, whole orange and cilantro into a Dutch oven. Remove some of the fat cap and render it separately. Cut the pork butt into very large cubes and season each side with salt pepper, dry oregano, powdered cumin and coriander. Put the top on the Dutch oven and bake 300 overnight. Shred the pork then fry it in the separately rendered fat, hitting it with the juice directly before you serve... corn tortillas, fresh onions and cilantro.. can’t get any better
l just read this to my wife and she should have married a mexican lol she loves the food she says this looks yummy last week they had pork butts for .97 cents lb. i bought 5 of them lol they were like 8-9 dollars each ill be doing this thanks chef!

That does sound good, we used to work easy recipes on tables set up in the meat dept. I was amazed at how many people couldn’t cook from scratch. Was pretty cool to see a customer come in bragging about their first roast. Lol

I remember this one girl came in and said she had never cooked a meal before and her boyfriend’s parents were coming over. I picked a nice rump roast we had on sale and wrote down directions. She back about a week later and actually cried when she told me how much everyone loved her roast. That was a good day at work.

Back
Top Bottom