Stihl Logger's Shiney Space Box Full Of Randoms - In Dirt Under CFLs

Stares at warm glow of HPS (drooling)
Looks in wallet...damn!
Let the used light search begin. Lol

This is just my cfl tent bud. The slight amber glow is because i didnt give my phone enough time to correct the color so it was pickin up on the spectrum from the 2700k bulbs. The big mh/hps tent is decommissioned for the winter. That one gets disassembled and stored until spring. its too tall for the basement and my garage isnt insulated. :thumb:

have you finished any plants in 2.5 gal or less before? Im not sure what size smart pot to get for my 2x2 space

PS. Good luck on females! :thumb:

My first grow was two autos in a closet that measured 1' x 2'. I used living organic soil in 7 gallon Geo Pots (way superior to smart pots) and grew under 23 to 40 watt CFLs. I pulled 4.5 ounces from them. If your growing organic, I wouldn't go any smaller than 7 gallons.

I'll be using 2' x 2' tents this grow. I have my 7 to 10 gallon Geo Pots sitting in crates for easier handling and soil stability. You can fit four of those into a 2x2. It'll be crowded in the end, so I'm just going with three in each tent.

Hopefully that'll give you some idea of your possibilities and limitations. It really depends on how big you want to let them grow.

Sittin around out of boredom, i did a lil research on the solar cycle for my region... Well my brain just likes to come up with odd ideas and some ridiculous speculation sometimes.. So... Out of possible pure coincidence my current grow should be ready for harvest on or around mar 17th.. This is spring solstice.. 1st day of "12/12" light outdoors.. Pretty cool.. So now after delving into this a little further i found what was the longest day of the year.. this for me would be June 20th. Summer solstice. 15 hrs 22 mins.. not sure how useful that is but interesting none the less. lolz. Anyhow.. as i will be taking this perpetual and taking clones in the next few weeks i decided to find the day that the days started to equalize to a level parameter of 14/10..This is May 1st.. The days there after get longer day by day until the 20th of June.. Planting outdoors around here I dont really feel comfortable with until May.. The 10th of may has a day lenth of 14.5 hrs.. So.. I think im going to do the clones/seeds under a 14.5/9.5 light cycle until May 10th so they will have ~12 weeks of veg before the days begin to lead to longer nights... Maybe im just super baked but in my head i think i might be on to something... Im either an idiot or im gonna have some monsters.. :cheesygrinsmiley:

As many times as i have grown outdoors ive never really thought of this.. It was always clones veged for 3-5 weeks under 24/0 and then May 15th they went outside.. I always saw a 3 week period where they didnt do very much.. Im thinkin this way they will never even be able to tell the difference.. Who knows. Maybe im too dumb to be smart.. :rofl:

Plants are looking good brother. Impressive under cfls. Sorry if you mentioned it already... what process do you use to clone? I've had 0% luck. Made a bubble cloner in hopes to improve odds but have had 2 in for 2 weeks and no roots.

Hey my brother thanks! I normally use a Hydro Farm 9 spot. But for this run im going to try a way a friend of mine does them jusy a little upgraded. To kind of stay with the simplicity im lookin to maintain with this journal. I found a "High boy" cake pan at the local dollar store. The bottom is a 12'x18' aluminum tray about 4 " tall and the lid stands another 6' above that.( clear plastic) so kind of like a mini green house. Ill put a stainless steel cookie drying rack in to hold the peat pucks about 1.5' above the bottom of the tray and put a couple of my air stones in there with r/o water about an inch deep. Some i will use the snip to water cup, cup to powder root tone, then right into the pucks and some i will try snip to aloe then into the pucks. Ive usually had said friend do all of my cloniong as i dont have the patience.. lolz. it would be like me trying to glue a cord of firewood back together and stand the tree back up.. lmao. :rofl:

Lmao. Sounds similar to my bubbler. However I just have them dangling. I was thinking of putting them in rapid rooters and putting them above it. Sort of the same concept I guess lol

Ya ive seen alot of people have success with the dangling method. i just am stuck on believing the roots do better in the dark, although i have been proven wrong on many occasions. :laughtwo:

Not a whole lot to update, Keepin things tidy at the space lab.
IMG_20160202_164549332.jpg

IMG_20160202_171154850.jpg

Set myself up a sweet lil work bench. Gotta have me some organization.
IMG_20160202_175204270.jpg

Did a whole bunch of tyin branches down and "pony tailed" some bigger fan leaves.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom