StonerPimpson's 4-100W Advanced LED - 5 Strain - 4x4 Tent - First Grow!

I have vegged many plants in FFOF and have never used any nutrients during veg. The plants are always robust and healthy. There are plenty of nutes in FF soil to get you through veg. Just give em light and water and they'll be fine brotha, let those hydro guys worry about Ph....lol jk. Keep up the great work bro! Happy growing y'all.
:bravo:

Hey Stoner Pimpson, Welcome to 420Mag mate :)

This is the best advice you've had yet IMO. Firstly, like Hodder said, your using a strong compost. You dont need to nute for at least a month, never mind the 2 weeks normally recommended. Compost itself is food , never mind the added nutes from the soil company itself. Soil has many nutrients for a plant in veg. Its composted materiel and maintained correctly will look after itself for a long time.

Like suggested scrap PH, its is for Hydro or straight coco.

Soil doesnt need PHing, its should buffer itself pretty much. Even when the PH was lower than you wanted at the beginning there was no problems to the plant. If you want to maintain it at a level pH to keep your head chilled then add some rock phosphate to stabilize the ph and add some minerals to the soil. Garden lime is also good and adds some natural cal-mag to the mix.

If you flush the medium because the pH is not where you want it then you are just flushing the microbial life and other good natural soil life from you compost and will have to supplement after that with nutrients all the time.

As your about to re-pot seen as your having problems with your soil now, may it be over nuting or over watering , a mix of both i'd say. Then just re-pot into you new soil and chill and things will be fine. Just wait until the soil is dry before re-watering. YOu could also add some organic ingredients yourself to save you on feeding and let the soil look after itself. Remember the old rule....Keep it so simple or KISS or any of the other ways of saying it. I never even look after mine or hardly ever feed, only at the middle of budding really if needed. I just water when NEEDED and they fine. They do worse when I care more lol.

There are many different ways of making a mix, may it be a super soil with loads of added organic ingredients and crack heah microbes fed on compost teas or High Brix Soils living on a itself the minerals and the microbes all working together. Im not clued up on the latter and Doc Bud is the man for that side of things. But there are many great soil growers here like Cannasensei, IceMud, BID, Shottafire, Fuzzy Duck, the list goes on. Search them journals or the soil section in the Growers Lounge. Or check out my Journal if you like for some idea on super soils. Think any of these would give you a better idea of what i'm talking about.

My advice to you, is do the re-pot, get them in some new soil, scrap the pH pen and the nutes until needed and just sit back watch and water for now.

Hope this helps :thumb:

i believe your soil has all the nutrients your plant requires right now, but may be too hot for your plant and is causing the leaf issue on your cheese plant. different strains handle nutrients differently. i believe adding nutrients to your soil has just compounded the issue and is causing more damage, this is why i recommended flushing to remove the added nutrients and slow down your microbial activity. i would only give your plant pH adjusted water until it improves.

The problem is too much care on a sensitive strain. Flushing is only adding to the problem as its already over nuted and over watered. You can see its over watered with its curling leaves and over nuted with the burns. Just stop feeding or pHing, you do not need to ph soil! Just add some lime as suggested to neutralize the mix and keep watering when needed.

If you flush you will need to feed after that. Every water from now will dilute the mix anyway and things will be fine. Flushing now will only prolong the stress to the plant as it will have to dry and is already too wet. Plus he's doing a re-pot by the sounds of things so why would a flush be necessary?

Here is a picture update. I am no longer feeding them with nutrients, just plain Ph 6.5 water. Great news tho, the run off water is actually coming out at 6.5 on almost all the plants!

HAZE MIST
IMG_149912.JPG

GREEN POISON (AUTO)
IMG_149615.JPG
IMG_149516.JPG

G.H. CHEESE
IMG_148410.JPG

VANILLA KUSH
IMG_148510.JPG

KAYA 47 (She seems to be getting it the worst lately)
IMG_14919.JPG
IMG_149210.JPG

All my girls have had clones taken from them (Sat 6/22), just waiting on roots. As of yesterday the ladies have been transplanted into 3 gallon pots and are in flower mode (12/12). Here are the heights of each plant at the switch.

KAYA 47= 13 1/2 in
G.H. CHEESE= 12 in.
HAZE MIST= 10 in.
VANILLA KUSH= 12 1/2 in.

I didn't take the height of the Autoflower because its not changing light cycles. Is in my separate veg tent continuing 18/6 light. Also, I got another order from Attitude seeds today, picked up a 10 pack of Female Seeds c99. The one I killed at the beginning of this grow. The one I wanted to grow the most! lol. Germinating 2 of them now.

So check this out.....this makes me scratch my head. I have a Nirvana White Rhino going in my veg tent. I have done EXACTLY what you all have mentioned to the "t" on this one. In FoxFarm, only ph 6.5 no nutrient water, and it should veg fine with no problems right? WRONG!!!!!

Its having the same problems as all the rest of them. So now what can we say is the problem? Cause its obviously not nute burn like everyone previously diagnosed. Ill post a pic of it soon.

So the girls have been stretching nicely and seem to be all healthy. No more problems as of now. Here are some pics. The little plant in the small pot is the 'reg' white rhino I mentioned before. Im almost hoping for a male on that one to collect the pollen, we'll see.

When exactly do I harvest this Green Poison Auto? It seems to be getting close. It says 8 weeks after germination, that would be tomorrow.
IMG_150511.JPG

IMG_150412.JPG

IMG_150214.JPG
IMG_150110.JPG
IMG_150012.JPG

you need a 30x jewellers loop in order see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. most people harvest between 5%-30% amber trichomes. harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent.

https://www.google.com search 30x jewelers loop

So I got the 420 scope and harvested the Green Poison Auto. Its drying. Honestly, Im not impressed based on smell. Hopefully it dries and smokes good. But as of now, Im pretty positive Ill never grow another Autoflower. I smoke wayyy too much. I need the highest Thc % possible lol.

Also, of the clones I took, I only got 1 Vanilla Kush to root. Im sure Ill do better next time. But Im just happy I got 1 free plant. Pretty cool.

I got a C99, Og Kush, Dinachem, & G.H. Cheese germinated and in the veg tent to go with that Vanilla Kush clone. This will be my next 5 strain grow.

So all of the girls are doing great except my Kaya 47. I figured it was phosphorus deficiency so I added some bloom nutrients to its water. Hopefully it helps and I didn't make a mistake. All others still have not had nutrients at all since the veg stage problems earlier in the beginning of my thread. Here are some pics of the Kaya problems.

2005-01-01_17_02_16.jpg
2005-01-01_17_03_12.jpg
2005-01-01_17_02_55.jpg

And here are all of the ladies together.
2005-01-01_17_06_12.jpg

Sorry its been awhile since I updated. Ill post pics soon. I will say, so far Ive had plants within 3 inches of the Led lights and absolutely no bleaching at all. Im gonna go with my gut and say the manufacture warning to "keep the lights at least 12 in away or they will bleach..." is not true.

Update....

Vanilla Kush
vk53.jpg

G.H. Cheese
ghc.jpg

Kaya 47 (still goin strong and smelling the strongest/best...sweet fruity smell!)
k47.jpg

Haze Mist (Im learning a lesson in Haze strains long flowering time lol)
hm.jpg

So, I trimmed some lower under developed buds off and dried them. Break one up and I find....A SEED! So....somebody is a hermie in my tent. Since it so late in flowering, what does this mean for my crop? Its all pollinated? Should I even worry about removing it?

Back
Top Bottom