StonerPimpson's 4-100W Advanced LED - 5 Strain - 4x4 Tent - First Grow!

I did the research online and just pulled it from the garden and harvested it. Its almost ready for cure. Im just gonna pick out any seeds and smoke it since I have none in the stash right now. Yes there were male pollen sacs up under a bunch of buds. I dont know if I stressed it or if it was in the genetics, but im gonna keep the seeds. Only because I have a clone of the plant. If I see the clone going hermie ill just kill it and toss the seeds. If it doesnt, I should have some feminized seeds correct?

Anyway, here are some pics of her at harvest...it finished at just over 2.5 ft.
2013-08-11_22_45_59.jpg
2013-08-11_22_48_09.jpg
2013-08-11_22_49_19.jpg

I know everybody praises Fox Farm soil but Im gonna have to say it sucks when it come to Ph. Ive now vegged about 15 plants and just like in the beginning of this thread, they all start slowly dying during veg. NO MATTER WHAT I DO!

Ive tried all of your suggestions and nothing works. I have a Female Seeds C99 in veg right now. Its in Fox Farm and has never ben fed any nutrients at all. So the last few days Ive noticed what "marijuana diagnosis charts" say is nitrogen deficiency, cause the lower leaves are starting to turn yellow. Which seems kinda normal since cause its been vegging in the small pot for a month now so....it should be hungry.
So I gave it "week 2" strength nutes even tho its a Week 5 plant. AND WHAT HAPPENS???
TIPS on every leaf on the plant are slowly turning now...WTF???

Oh well, Ive come to the conclusion thats its impossible for me to grow a plant without it slowly dying all the way thru.

I consider myself a fairly intelligent person and I feel like I could write a book on Cannabis Ive read so much in the last 4 months, but I just cant solve this problem no matter what I try.

-Ph'ing the water seems totally pointless since the Fox Farm soil stays at 7.0ph NO MATTER WHAT!
-I dont understand how Im suppose to magicaly know when the plant needs food or how much??

I mean, Im kinda satisfied that I can get a plant thru a whole life cycle barely, but when I do something I want to do it right. I want to be able to grow healthy plants all the way thru, not keep em barely hanging on just enough to make it thru flower.
Wish I had an experienced grower in my area who could help hands on. Too many opinions online and zero real solutions.

i have never used FoxFarm soil and probably never will, i am not sure FoxFarm soils are meant to be used with any additional nutrients. peat moss, perlite, vermiculite with some mycorrhizae should work just fine for you. when you start to add nutrients to any plant you want to do it gradually over time, you have probably nutrient burned your plants if the leaf tips are yellowing and then turn brown. I would flush your plants with at least twice the volume of the pot with pH adjusted water. I use nutrients every watering unless i am flushing. I water when my pots are light and the plant requires more water and nutrients. it is difficult to tell without new photographs but when you begin to start adding nutrients start with 1/4 strength and progressively work up by 1/4 strength at a time per watering until you see the plant is fine with what you are feeding until you are at full recommended strength. plants are not meant to be kept in small containers for very long without developing nutrient problems. have a look at my grow journals in my signature. can you take some new photographs of your plants so we may see how they are doing and give you better recommendations? a lot of new growers have the same problems you are having when they begin, reading only goes so far.

I know everybody praises Fox Farm soil but Im gonna have to say it sucks when it come to Ph. Ive now vegged about 15 plants and just like in the beginning of this thread, they all start slowly dying during veg. NO MATTER WHAT I DO!

Ive tried all of your suggestions and nothing works. I have a Female Seeds C99 in veg right now. Its in Fox Farm and has never ben fed any nutrients at all. So the last few days Ive noticed what "marijuana diagnosis charts" say is nitrogen deficiency, cause the lower leaves are starting to turn yellow. Which seems kinda normal since cause its been vegging in the small pot for a month now so....it should be hungry.
So I gave it "week 2" strength nutes even tho its a Week 5 plant. AND WHAT HAPPENS???
TIPS on every leaf on the plant are slowly turning now...WTF???

Oh well, Ive come to the conclusion thats its impossible for me to grow a plant without it slowly dying all the way thru.

I consider myself a fairly intelligent person and I feel like I could write a book on Cannabis Ive read so much in the last 4 months, but I just cant solve this problem no matter what I try.

-Ph'ing the water seems totally pointless since the Fox Farm soil stays at 7.0ph NO MATTER WHAT!
-I dont understand how Im suppose to magicaly know when the plant needs food or how much??

I mean, Im kinda satisfied that I can get a plant thru a whole life cycle barely, but when I do something I want to do it right. I want to be able to grow healthy plants all the way thru, not keep em barely hanging on just enough to make it thru flower.
Wish I had an experienced grower in my area who could help hands on. Too many opinions online and zero real solutions.

What version of Fox Farm Soil are you using, I am using Happy Frog and no pH problems so far.

im gonna try happy frog. Kaya 47 was harvested, it yielded around 25g. Cheese was harvested it yielded 56g. Cheese has a crazy kick to it when smoked. Kaya 47 smelled like the greatest bud Id ever smelled, the high wasn't good at all tho cause it really didn't get me high. Maybe it was the problems it went thru. Haze Mist is still in flower now going on its 12th week. Attitude seeds defiantly lied saying this was a 7 week strain, so did Advance Seeds website. Greenhouse cheese is also listed as a sativa on The Attitude but its an Indica. Go figure.

I am halfway thru flowering some Sinmint Cookies, and Female seeds C99. I am currently making more feminized seeds so I dont have to buy more. I sprayed Tireseas Mist on the Cookie plant to male it grow male pollen and it is pollinating a C99 plant. I know its not gonna be an F1 or anything, but it will save me money on seeds, and I could come out with an interesting pheno, hopefully.

Will do, I see the seeds forming. Funny thing is, they tell you to isolate a branch and spray it only. I did that....very carefully...and it still grew sacks on all other branches, but not too many. I must say.....sinmint cookies is a super frosty strain. 4 weeks in and its looking crazy good. C99 is a super frosty strain too...cant wait to meet the kids lol. I cant seem to find anybody else with a journal about the sinmint cookies yet. Surprising.

Fox Farm needs to be cut 50% with some grow stones,or perlite, silica stone. it stays way to soggy for indoor cannabis growing. there is a new product Just Rite 420 Formula its great for cutting soil.

I guess we can consider this grow journal done now. Here are some pics of the Vanilla Kush, C99, and Sinmint cookies.

FEMALE SEEDS C99
c99-2.png
c99.png

VANILLA KUSH BUD
Vk1.png

SINMINT COOKIES
sinmint3.png
sinmint1.png
sinmint4.png
sinmint2.png

FEMINIZED SEEDS I MADE. THERES HUNDREDS MORE STILL IN THE BUDS, THIS IS JUST WHAT I PLUCKED OFF.
2013-11-23_19_23_32.jpg
fems1.png

Havent tested the seeds yet, but can't wait to see what comes from the cross.

Nice, I'm also running 3 Advanced 100watt lights. Think about getting Doc Buds kit for high brix cannabis, all you need is Pro-mix HP 2.8 cu.ft. and Doc's kit. Nice looking plants. Congrats on your harvest!

Back
Top Bottom