Stunger's Organic Balcony: Growing Daughters Of Mulanje: Watering Via Root Aeration Chambers

Update - A question posed about fresh 'tester buds' - and some minor pollen chucking

Greetings 420 enthusiasts! I got out my Mulanje pollen and selectively pollinated with an earbud several more minor lower buds of both plants. We'll see in a few weeks if the pollen remained viable.

I had a question on testing 'new early bud', it often seems better than I think it deserves to be. A couple of days ago I was tidying up some the Mulanje Sherbert's undercarriage and a little rubbish bit of 'stringy bud' fell off. It was wet sticky and smelt potent so I put it in the cupboard and remembered it today and found it had dried quite flat as there was nothing substantial to it. However it was enough for 2 chambers of my dynavap, it gave a lovely buzz.

A fellow grower was saying similar recently that after he gave some of the early popcorn buds to a friend, who came back to him saying they were the best they'd had all year! I wondered is that because it's new bud that hasn't lost all its terpenes or just it is a fresh strain that is new to my cannabinoid receptors? It just seems that it shouldn't be so good when it is still far too early to harvest.

Mulanje Sherbert

And very conveniently, another bit 'fell off' the plant today, so it'll dry in the cupboard and then be tested!

Thanks for dropping by, wishing you all the best and may your gardens be blooming! :ganjamon:

And very conveniently, another bit 'fell off' the plant today, so it'll dry in the cupboard and then be tested!
I love how they fall off at the most opportune time! I swear it happens to me also. :ganjamon:

I've tried some little popcorn nugs, and they
always seem to be real good- I thought it might just be me and my low tolerance..

That Mulange Sherbert is looking sweet!

Update - A question posed about fresh 'tester buds' - and some minor pollen chucking

Greetings 420 enthusiasts! I got out my Mulanje pollen and selectively pollinated with an earbud several more minor lower buds of both plants. We'll see in a few weeks if the pollen remained viable.

I had a question on testing 'new early bud', it often seems better than I think it deserves to be. A couple of days ago I was tidying up some the Mulanje Sherbert's undercarriage and a little rubbish bit of 'stringy bud' fell off. It was wet sticky and smelt potent so I put it in the cupboard and remembered it today and found it had dried quite flat as there was nothing substantial to it. However it was enough for 2 chambers of my dynavap, it gave a lovely buzz.

A fellow grower was saying similar recently that after he gave some of the early popcorn buds to a friend, who came back to him saying they were the best they'd had all year! I wondered is that because it's new bud that hasn't lost all its terpenes or just it is a fresh strain that is new to my cannabinoid receptors? It just seems that it shouldn't be so good when it is still far too early to harvest.

Mulanje Sherbert

Thanks for dropping by, wishing you all the best and may your gardens be blooming! :ganjamon:
Great update, I just love your photography.
Did you get a camera just for this?
What ever it is it works well. :thumb:
A lot easier to take nice pics when the garden is so beautiful.
Just stunning. :welldone:
Hope your weekend went well.
Take care my friend.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Yeah I enjoy an early tester on occasion. I also enjoy pure sativas before they cure. The buzz is different and to me, more interesting. I don't seem to get issues with bad taste from uncured bud, or anything like that. Almost always its as smooth as it will be when cured. There is obviously a difference between cured and uncured. I like both. It's the racy trip of the fresh stuff that I enjoy.
Also not saying I don't cure my bud, I always do but I don't wait 3 months to smoke it. When it's dry enough to jar its dry enough for me to roll a couple fatties.
I generally have enough That I only smash a couple *ok more than a couple * grams before the rest is cured.
Thanks for reading to the end of this essay.
Garden looks incredible as always.
Cheers

I love how they fall off at the most opportune time! I swear it happens to me also. :ganjamon:
Thanks Stinker, good to know similar stuff befalls others too!
I've tried some little popcorn nugs, and they
always seem to be real good- I thought it might just be me and my low tolerance..

That Mulange Sherbert is looking sweet!
Cheers Carcass, it has been a year since I was last at this point, and the dank smelling sticky goodness still impresses me like the first time!
Great update, I just love your photography.
Did you get a camera just for this?
What ever it is it works well. :thumb:
A lot easier to take nice pics when the garden is so beautiful.
Just stunning. :welldone:
Hope your weekend went well.
Take care my friend.
Thanks Bill, kind of you to say. I have an interest in photography and I like to bumble around with it, but no real skill. I find it especially nice these days when my eyesight is no longer sharp like it once was to be able to view things on the screen and marvel at what I couldn't otherwise see. All the best!
Yeah I enjoy an early tester on occasion. I also enjoy pure sativas before they cure. The buzz is different and to me, more interesting. I don't seem to get issues with bad taste from uncured bud, or anything like that. Almost always it's as smooth as it will be when cured. There is obviously a difference between cured and uncured. I like both. It's the racy trip of the fresh stuff that I enjoy.
Also not saying I don't cure my bud, I always do but I don't wait 3 months to smoke it. When it's dry enough to jar its dry enough for me to roll a couple fatties.
I generally have enough That I only smash a couple *ok more than a couple * grams before the rest is cured.
Thanks for reading to the end of this essay.
Garden looks incredible as always.
Cheers
Thanks Lerugged. I read recently of someone advocating a freeze drying process of freshly cut buds. I think it took about 12-24 hours and apparently left the buds still looking freshly cut, but yet actually smokable with all the terpenes present. It sounded great, but I think it was an expensive machine to do that, but maybe it's the preservation of all the terpenes and things that would otherwise be lost, similar to having a tester of a fresh bud. Like you I see a difference between cured and not cured but generally either has worked pretty well for me. Cheers.

Update - Pictorial

Greetings 420 enthusiasts! This morning I tidied up some of the leaves on the Mulanje HP that didn't look like they were benefiting the plant. For some reason it grew several very large fan leaves that were way bigger than the rest the small sativa leaves, and it was holding them up like a big 420 flag, so they had to go.

Mulanje Sherbert

She continues to look well, smells good and dank, and sticky as to touch. I might check out the wee bit that 'fell off' yesterday and see if it is dry enough to vape. I will do that after I feed the chooks!

Two together

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you're well and your gardens are blooming! :ganjamon:

Hey @Stunger that Mulanje Sherbert is starting to look very interesting! Cheers and thanks for the update! Looking forward to the pure late-flowering sativa showing some ripeness too.

Greetings to my favourite 420 Mag enthusiast!

They both look just lovely. I mean if they were human you’d defs be suggesting a diet, coz they’re phat as phuck. But in the plant world phat is good!

💚💚💚

Hey @Stunger that Mulanje Sherbert is starting to look very interesting! Cheers and thanks for the update! Looking forward to the pure late-flowering sativa showing some ripeness too.
Hey Emeraldo, yes she is looking interesting. Brush against her and you get resinated.
Yes the pure sativa has finally started producing some early flowering puff balls on top of her stems, can't wait!
Buds for days on that bush! Hope you got a sharp set of trimmers, they're looking sticky and fuzzy.
Thanks Rhino! She's super sticky and smell dank. I could probably survive on that one plant for a year if had to.
Greetings to my favourite 420 Mag enthusiast!

They both look just lovely. I mean if they were human you’d defs be suggesting a diet, coz they’re phat as phuck. But in the plant world phat is good!

💚💚💚
Thanks Tra! It's just over 6 months since I germinated them, so that's a lot of time that they've spent gobbling up nice soil and getting fat. haha!

Do you have any interests in growing under a light?
Sure, I have thought about it, the all year around convenience of non stop indoor growing, it does sound attractive. I have never grown using lights before, and I am not sure about growing in tents, I think I'd prefer a room with a big light in it so I can move around more easily, otherwise I'd be at risk of doing a John Cleese or Mr Bean accident with the tent.

Sure, I have thought about it, the all year around convenience of non stop indoor growing, it does sound attractive. I have never grown using lights before, and I am not sure about growing in tents, I think I'd prefer a room with a big light in it so I can move around more easily, otherwise I'd be at risk of doing a John Cleese or Mr Bean accident with the tent.
My advice, not that you asked. Reach out to the sponsors.

Back
Top Bottom