SweetSue's Perpetual 2.0 - The Transition To Doc Bud's HBB Kit

Oh, that's wonderful for you, SweetSue!

And I'll have a chance to get into one of your journals on the very first day (so I'll only have 80 posts to read through initially, instead of 800, LMAO).

I just took a closer look at that particular product. They have an image that shows its PAR footprint. In it, the light is hung at 24" and shows the amounts across a 4'x4' area. There is another graphic that shows the PAR (in the center, directly under the panel) at various heights. At 12", it shows that central "hot spot" as receiving 1,700 µmol/m²/second. That is more than you'd need/want, but same @ 24" looks low (IMHO).

Knowing nothing else, I might tentatively suggest that 18" might be a good compromise to shoot for after initially hanging at a greater distance and acclimating the plant(s). I wish there was an image that showed the output at 18" - and when hung in a room/tent that was only 2'x2'. Assuming highly reflective walls, you'd see (lol) more light available in that 2'x2' space than in the central four square feet of a 4'x4' space, obviously, and this would raise your numbers. But IDK if it would raise them enough to max out the amount of light-energy, to reach the maximum amount that the plant(s) can process - so it is possible that you'd get into the sweet spot where things like temperature and CO₂ level become your limiting factors, rather than the amount of light that the plant is receiving, but I'd still be open to lowering the panel to less than 24".

The lenses and such will play a part, too. IDK how much it matters, but lowering it too much would probably give you areas of discrete(+/-) colored spots instead of one evenly(+/-) mixed light pattern. If that makes any sense.

This is, in actuality, an 80-watt device. On average, I'd discount that (level of wattage) as being adequate for flowering in a 2'x2' space. But with new technology, one never knows.

Are you going to stick your Malawai Gold (or cutting of same)in there and let it have the entire four square foot space? That could be interesting. (But I love sativas ;).)

Will it be an Osmocote Plus hempy lady? Something else?

You may not have decided yet. And you may wish to surprise us all by saving all of this stuff for the introductory post(s) in your upcoming journal. So I will not be disappointed if you either cannot or do not wish to answer such questions at this time.

I checked on my Train Wreck Auto to see if I should give it a splash of water before repotting later... and realized it has already begun to flower in its 18-ounce Solo cup. 🤦 . No, I won't be sticking it in the two-gallon container. LMFAO. Either a two-liter bottle or the one-gallon square (but not cubical) pot, methinks. Chronic procrastinators should all grow auto-flowering plants, I suppose, lol?

18" is probably going to be your sweet spot. I will see if I can get some numbers for you at the 18" mark.

I checked on my Train Wreck Auto to see if I should give it a splash of water before repotting later... and realized it has already begun to flower in its 18-ounce Solo cup. 🤦 . No, I won't be sticking it in the two-gallon container. LMFAO. Either a two-liter bottle or the one-gallon square (but not cubical) pot, methinks. Chronic procrastinators should all grow auto-flowering plants, I suppose, lol?

Is this where AKGramma comes in with fists on hips and says, "I TOLD yah so!" Too late to replant now. :rollingeyes:

Oh CRAP, AKgramma, I forgot all about you! I'm sorry. <~TS~ MAKES A NOTE TO REMIND HIMSELF>

Is this where AKGramma comes in with fists on hips and says, "I TOLD yah so!" Too late to replant now. :rollingeyes:

Yes, well... It's really not a big deal. I laughed when I realized(*). It'll just cause a very minor change in a very minor portion of my plans. I am actually tempted to leave it in the cup, just to see what I end up with (and how quickly it'll be ready for harvest). But I'll probably still transplant it, because I assume the stretch, at least, will be larger if there is more room for the roots to grow. As someone (I believe it was SweetSue, but cannot swear to it) told me... Well, I can't remember what was stated, either. Something about going ahead and uppotting it, regardless, IIRC, that it'll end up smaller than if I'd not pulled the bonehead move - but still larger than if I don't bother. IDK, I probably mangled it. I remember some things and forget others with no rhyme or reason to it.

(*) And then called an old friend and told him I had a Train Wreck in flower, and that when it was ready to harvest I'd split it evenly with him ;) . When he got excited, I told him it was only several inches tall and with very little development even for its height. He said, "I'll be sure to bring a rolling paper with me, then."

Oh CRAP, AKgramma, I forgot all about you! I'm sorry. <~TS~ MAKES A NOTE TO REMIND HIMSELF>

Yes, well... It's really not a big deal. I laughed when I realized(*). It'll just cause a very minor change in a very minor portion of my plans. I am actually tempted to leave it in the cup, just to see what I end up with (and how quickly it'll be ready for harvest). But I'll probably still transplant it, because I assume the stretch, at least, will be larger if there is more room for the roots to grow. As someone (I believe it was SweetSue, but cannot swear to it) told me... Well, I can't remember what was stated, either. Something about going ahead and uppotting it, regardless, IIRC, that it'll end up smaller than if I'd not pulled the bonehead move - but still larger than if I don't bother. IDK, I probably mangled it. I remember some things and forget others with no rhyme or reason to it.

(*) And then called an old friend and told him I had a Train Wreck in flower, and that when it was ready to harvest I'd split it evenly with him ;) . When he got excited, I told him it was only several inches tall and with very little development even for its height. He said, "I'll be sure to bring a rolling paper with me, then."

It's worth a try, TS. Maybe the sudden change in available root depth might convince her to grow a bit more for you. DEFINITELY keep us informed as to how THAT goes! And please don't forget to copy to my Journal, too.

If I could clone autos, I'd have 20 of them!

If I could clone autos, I'd have 20 of them!

Technically, you can. Obviously, they'll be the same age as the mother, so it would appear to be a pointless activity.

I'll be planting some in small containers at a dense spacing, so I will most likely be removing lower branches. IF there is any room (with luck there won't be ;) ), I might stick several of them into a small rectangular pot I have. Assuming that they all root and grow...

...they'll probably only produce a gram or three each. But if I have five, that's five to 15 grams - produced from "waste."

If there isn't room, I'll probably still root one as a curiosity. But that won't add to my knowledge, because it'll just be somewhere in the house, cold and terribly under-illuminated (so I wouldn't expect it to produce in any event).

I do find myself wondering... if one of those lower branches were stuck into a large - deep - container of soil mix, after it roots, would the plant become larger than expected because the roots will be able to grow downwards, at least for a time, before meeting the obstruction of the bottom of the pot? Following generally accepted belief, no, because it'd already be on its way to the end by the time that the branch formed in the first place and then had time to root. However... I would not care to bet one way or the other.

I've been sort of ambivalent (which looks much better in print than wishy-washy, I suppose) about bothering with a journal or even posting pictures at this time. But I seem to be heading in that direction. Tomorrow - meaning whenever I get up, since it's already far closer to dawn than the past midnight :icon_roll - I'll upload and post a picture of the Train Wreck Auto still in its cup. I'll do the same for the White Widow Auto, too. That's assuming that I remember, of course. And I hope I do, lol, because if I forget, I doubt I'll remember to transplant them.

The possibility exists... that I could benefit from a little <NUDGE> if/when I forget. I've considered myself to be lazy. But I don't know. Maybe that's not it? When I begin Howevera thing, I tend to keep at it regradless of sweat, pain (, blood, tears ;) ), or lack of visible progress. It's just "getting around to it." Managing to begin. <SHRUGS> Seems like a thing with depression, one spends an awful lot of time just sitting - or, worse, laying - around staring at nothing. Like... IDK, like falling down a well and not knowing how to climb out. Even the ground just seems so far out of reach. I spend a lot of time ignoring all that crap (translation: telling myself that I'm ignoring it), but sometimes - like now - in the wee hours, I realize that I am greatly affected, nonetheless. I think even on those increasingly rare occasions when I can fire one up and get high, I'm still... I just manage to ignore it then. IDK. Some days even simple decisions seem daunting. An hour or so ago, I realized I hadn't gotten around to eating again. So I went down to the kitchen, thought that I ought to just grab something quick so that I could have it made and eaten in five minutes and get to bed. I must have stood there for 20 minutes or more - just stood there. Finally, I turned around to go to bed and saw a little bag of microwaveable popcorn, so I stuck it in for a couple minutes, long enough to pop half of it, and that's what I just ate. I could have opened a can of something and stuck it on the stove burner, heated it, and eaten it in less time than I spent just standing in the kitchen :rolleyes3 . I don't just have spells when I can't decide something, I seem to be... disconnecting more and more. Who knows, lol? At least when you're like this, you don't find yourself getting sad all that often. It's like the meds the pshrinks give you when they're playing Pill Roulette with your head as the game board - flatline. Unfortunately, that comes and goes, so one can't even depend on it. Life, I guess. You can't win - and it takes too long to play.

We love that you are is excited as we are. .

Oh man, am I excited! :slide: AND...... I get to celebrate with a

HARVEST!!!! :yahoo:

IMG_176729.JPG

IMG_176331.JPG

Back later with more. Do I even have to suggest joy this morning? :laughtwo: Get out there and have the time of your life playing with the cosmos. Light the universe up with your special flavor of loving. I'll be dancing over here with my Devil's Carnival. :cheesygrinsmiley:

......Have I told you all lately how much I adore you? OK, I thought so. :battingeyelashes: :love: I don't plan on letting you ever forget. :kisstwo:

Go. Play. I'm going back to my fun and games. :green_heart:

Oh, that's wonderful for you, SweetSue!

And I'll have a chance to get into one of your journals on the very first day (so I'll only have 80 posts to read through initially, instead of 800, LMAO).

I just took a closer look at that particular product. They have an image that shows its PAR footprint. In it, the light is hung at 24" and shows the amounts across a 4'x4' area. There is another graphic that shows the PAR (in the center, directly under the panel) at various heights. At 12", it shows that central "hot spot" as receiving 1,700 µmol/m²/second. That is more than you'd need/want, but same @ 24" looks low (IMHO).

Knowing nothing else, I might tentatively suggest that 18" might be a good compromise to shoot for after initially hanging at a greater distance and acclimating the plant(s). I wish there was an image that showed the output at 18" - and when hung in a room/tent that was only 2'x2'. Assuming highly reflective walls, you'd see (lol) more light available in that 2'x2' space than in the central four square feet of a 4'x4' space, obviously, and this would raise your numbers. But IDK if it would raise them enough to max out the amount of light-energy, to reach the maximum amount that the plant(s) can process - so it is possible that you'd get into the sweet spot where things like temperature and CO₂ level become your limiting factors, rather than the amount of light that the plant is receiving, but I'd still be open to lowering the panel to less than 24".

The lenses and such will play a part, too. IDK how much it matters, but lowering it too much would probably give you areas of discrete(+/-) colored spots instead of one evenly(+/-) mixed light pattern. If that makes any sense.

This is, in actuality, an 80-watt device. On average, I'd discount that (level of wattage) as being adequate for flowering in a 2'x2' space. But with new technology, one never knows.

Are you going to stick your Malawai Gold (or cutting of same)in there and let it have the entire four square foot space? That could be interesting. (But I love sativas ;).)

Will it be an Osmocote Plus hempy lady? Something else?

You may not have decided yet. And you may wish to surprise us all by saving all of this stuff for the introductory post(s) in your upcoming journal. So I will not be disappointed if you either cannot or do not wish to answer such questions at this time.

Surrounded by all this curious brilliance, is it any wonder my gardens shine? :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

TS... :hug: What would I do without you? I'm certain the 80 watts will be sufficient through harvest. The new technology of lighting for cannabis cultivation is capable of much more than we were anticipating when the market started to take off like a rocket. This light runs cooler than competitors too, from what little I've picked up. That'll extend the life of the panel, something every consumer will appreciate. There's nothing more frustrating than taking down the light to discover that substandard harvest was due to burnt-out components. :straightface:

I have a lot to learn, don't I? :cheesygrinsmiley:

HARVEST: Devil's Carnival (Day 104, flip + 48)

IMG_175528.JPG

IMG_175628.JPG

IMG_175732.JPG

IMG_175931.JPG

IMG_176034.JPG

IMG_176130.JPG

The turmeric will be looking for new digs, if I choose to keep it growing.

IMG_176232.JPG

IMG_177336.JPG

IMG_177423.JPG

Stripped her bare of all the big fans.

IMG_177528.JPG

Once she got stripped down you could see there's not as much to her as it looked like. I reminded myself that this grow wasn't about yield, it was about discovering what the chemovar had to offer.

IMG_177627.JPG

IMG_177733.JPG

IMG_177834.JPG

Part of what she offers is copious trichomes full of oils. :slide:

IMG_177931.JPG

IMG_178026.JPG

IMG_178434.JPG

I dropped Carnival 4.1 to the floor and lowered the lights to accomodate her height, then pulled UltraDawg 1.1 for her turn under the big lights.

IMG_178530.JPG

IMG_178735.JPG

IMG_179026.JPG

She grows the most beautiful leaves. :dreamy:

IMG_179129.JPG

Things got shifted on the veg shelf again. :laughtwo: This seems to be a daily dance. Lol!

IMG_179228.JPG

Next up......

She'll get a couple more weeks to bounce back from all the trimming and topping, and then she'll have her own shot at flowering. I'm hoping to get a better yield out of this girl.

IMG_179431.JPG

Her mother kicked ass in the oil-production category. I have every expectation that the clone will follow her lead. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_179330.JPG

She was a joy to grow. Half will be flash dried in the dehydrator, and the other half will be dried low and slo. This will give me a good feel for how the methods compare. Testing with indicas wasn't working for me. I need to compare sativas Lol!

What at did she teach me? Flexibility. :laughtwo: The importance of keeping on top of vertical growth comes to mind as well. I'll be more attentive with her clone.

Wasn't she the most fun to watch growing? :laughtwo: It was a pleasure to share her life with all of you. Now I believe I'll feed the cultivator. My stomach's been growling at me for over an hour.

Continue on with your joyful day. I'll catch up to you all later. :ciao:

.............. I looooove harvesting. :yahoo: :slide: :yahoo:

Love that shirt Sue, where did you get it?

Pigeons 420 sells them through a site called TeeSprings, I believe. I can track it down for you. I'm on my way to check out his latest YouTube video right now. It's great quality too.

Pigeons 420 sells them through a site called TeeSprings, I believe. I can track it down for you. I'm on my way to check out his latest YouTube video right now. It's great quality too.

There's no "s" at the end. The link, as promised. :battingeyelashes: Pigeons420 shirts

I remembered I won the Vapor Tower, and that you can vaporize fresh cannabis.

IMG_179829.JPG

After all, it's the trichomes you're going for, and they'll vaporize regardless. :slide:

IMG_179533.JPG

I only tried a small piece, gently disassembled and placed in the chamber. I really appreciate the way they designed this unit with the big chamber. It makes smoking flower so much easier, IMO.

IMG_1797.PNG

A pleasant enough buzz. I just wanted a taste, and she tastes just like she smells, sweet and fruity with a savory tone that reminds me of Carnival. Think I'll augment with some of the good stuff now. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sue

where are you going to use the new light?

It looks real similar to the Intellegent grow LEDs Icemud was using a few years back.

It does. :straightface: I didn't have a great experience with that light. Let's hope they've beefed it up. :Namaste:

perhaps not the biggest yielder I have seen Sue, but what a beautiful plant!

perhaps not the biggest yielder I have seen Sue, but what a beautiful plant!

She was a beauty DeVille, but a small yield for the space she took up under the lights after it was all processed. It's a good thing I'm ok with that. :battingeyelashes:

In the end I put 61 grams into the fridge to dry low and slo...

IMG_180431.JPG

...62 grams into the dehydrator...

IMG_180742.JPG

...and 21 grams of larf and sugar leaf trim into the fridge for a future butter-making session.

IMG_180832.JPG

Add all of that up and it's going to be just around an even ounce, dried. At street prices for an ounce I came out waaaay ahead, even moreso when you take into consideration that this chemovar isn't available out there on the open market. I'm hoping the clone will take less space and produce at least twice this amount.

I finished at 3PM. :cheesygrinsmiley: Whew! That's a lot of dedication for a lazy gardener. Lol! Rolled out of bed at 7:30 and went right to work. Nothing lazy about this hobby, when we're honest. I've put in more 12-hour days with this hobby than I ever did when I was employed for pay. Feeling very satisfied and ready to catch that buzz I've been putting off all day because I get obsessive about the trim and processing and can't make myself stop until I'm done. :laughtwo:

It's Wednesday. :woohoo: I go walking with the crew tonight. :slide: What a splendid day.

Hash Hound, I'll be emptying out the early bloom tent for the dedicated grow. That means I'll need to set up another space for the 3500K COBs. I suppose I could retire them for the 5-6 months, but what I'm really thinking is I need one more 2x2 tent.

I'll have to move a little heaven and earth to make that happen. Right up my alley. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Technically, you can. Obviously, they'll be the same age as the mother, so it would appear to be a pointless activity.

I'll be planting some in small containers at a dense spacing, so I will most likely be removing lower branches. IF there is any room (with luck there won't be ;) ), I might stick several of them into a small rectangular pot I have. Assuming that they all root and grow...

...they'll probably only produce a gram or three each. But if I have five, that's five to 15 grams - produced from "waste."

If there isn't room, I'll probably still root one as a curiosity. But that won't add to my knowledge, because it'll just be somewhere in the house, cold and terribly under-illuminated (so I wouldn't expect it to produce in any event).

I do find myself wondering... if one of those lower branches were stuck into a large - deep - container of soil mix, after it roots, would the plant become larger than expected because the roots will be able to grow downwards, at least for a time, before meeting the obstruction of the bottom of the pot? Following generally accepted belief, no, because it'd already be on its way to the end by the time that the branch formed in the first place and then had time to root. However... I would not care to bet one way or the other.

Any clones you take will not have a taproot, but my guess is that when ANY of the roots hit bottom, they will flower. As for age as it related to an auto, it should follow the same principles that photos do. So IDK. The experiment is worth a try, since you're growing them out in small containers, and they probably won't live very long.

Incidentally, I won't be starting my next installment of the perpetual until Sunday. For some reason my spirit likes to start new threads on Sunday. Why fight natural forces, eh? :laughtwo:

Make Sure you copy the link, because I aint wanna miss This one .

Back
Top Bottom