TassieDevil's - Indoor - DIY - Bag Seed - What The Fluxing Learning Curve - Stage 1

Re: TassieDevil's - Indoor - DIY - Bag Seed - What The Fluxing Learning Curve - Stage

Ok, so pics of the BM build.

I'm well...anal...now effing jokes about that ok....well a little ribbing is ok....I'm anal to a level you do not understand.

I'm also cheep like the budgie at the moment, so was looking to use aluminium offcut's I'd scavenged at different times. This ended up being the kicker. Stupid. Dense to a level unseen before :)

So, I spent $30 and bought two 1m lengths...shithouse price of aluminium of a dimension and section that worked without a whole lot of dicking around....could have done that 2 months ago, but no...far far too cleaver for that...................................................:rofl:

The build is simple enough. It's modularised so that each individual BM LED module is independent, can be unscrewed in 10 seconds and mounted elsewhere....

The black mount I'm holding is an old halogen stage spot light...they were useless 15 years ago, but now...well :)

So they swivel and tilt....:)

DSCF46911.JPG

DSCF4697.JPG

DSCF4698.JPG

DSCF46991.JPG

I have to go and do real work on getting the chord sorted to power the BM's.

It's 1 hour before lights out, so they'll be ready for lights on...and a little update when that occurs...

BUT feeding, I gotta feed....now...damn you now! After another coffee and some more cones please...ok so I've set a deadline to be up and moving and starting the feeding process by 8 ..I know during lights out, but, they're dry and need to suck that all up, and the interruption will be short, so....oh it is what it is :)

Have a good day fun-gi's and fun-girls :)

Re: TassieDevil's - Indoor - DIY - Bag Seed - What The Fluxing Learning Curve - Stage

Yep! right on skunny :)

ANd it might be 3 in the flower tent and 1 cluster in veg yet....or something or anything...dunno...get em in flower and see what happens first, then play :)

He he he he :)

OK Folks, whilst talking with Z in the US I've been finishing off...yes we're talking again this morning...just talking ok?

Wiring.

The BM power supplies come with a proprietry fitting which I can't match. I've used car DC crimp terminals and fashioned power cords to match so they're detachable...i've a few different lengths for distance from power points, so this was semi-important for me.

Now DC to AC. It's all about total watts or power..

each module is 75watts....70v@an amp there abouts...DC car terminals are 12v @ 10 amp ie 120watt....they can handle the current and then some...if you had a look at the size difference, you'd know...the car terminals have 4 times the amount of copper in them than the original Bm terminals...so...but dont do what tassie does, understand what you're doing first.... :)

DSCF47011.JPG

Hanging up in the veg room for the first test.

DSCF4702.JPG

First one on

DSCF4703.JPG

Second one on! :)

DSCF47061.JPG

DSCF4705.JPG

Hashy getting a half hour burn in run to see what happens and check temps and operation

DSCF47071.JPG

The colour is different from the MARSII. I'd say more natural. But that's as much as I know :)

I'll get them in the flower tent for tonights lights on and update again :)

Hey my friend. Sex, new lights going, good humor...
Glad you're back.
The lights look great! Awesome job.

They're up and running, yay!
Hope they give you some good results mate, looks like you've done a good bit of work getting it all put together and working, keen to see how they treat you :thumb:

Cajun!

Damn good to see you mate. Pleased as punch I am :)

Well sorta sex, but yep, the old dog found some new tricks :)

Sir Budlovski, thanks for that...yep the wait...and then yay finally!

But...I shoved a finger in the fan accidentally and broke a blade...now not normally like this but my new found, oh well attitude determined that the blade on the other side should also be broken off to maintain balance....which it did...well, mostly....it's been on for an hour, without deliterious effect. I will have to get more fans...I think they're too much...like there's no heat in the BM modules what so ever...touch em and they're cold....so...

Potential upgrades are smaller fans and or fan speed controllers...they're bloody loud too...so fan speed controllers and maybe vibration dampening...oh god ...here we go again....

THey work...They work....!

There's always something happening in the growing I've found, never as easy as just sitting back and letting them go haha
Yeah no good having them cold especially with the colder weather coming in you'll want them to be able to put out a little heat to help that, I decided this year running my leds in winter for the first time that when it get to cool ill add cfls for heat and extra light rather then have a heater, should end up cheaper.
Yeah I reckon fans in the my light panels are louder then the extraction fan.

Looks like you can still keep yourself busy :) atleast you have the light now :thumb:

The BM light looks great ,, an yep that,s what I thought it seemed to be a cleaner light:thumb:
I can hardly believe you of all was up a bit late:love:I hope you are feeling brilliant :circle-of-love:

You can always put a temp controlled small heater in there.. Set it on 21 and in such a small space it'll hardly ever turn on, maybe just at nights when temp drops... It's easier tassie to heat up a grow area than cool it down and cheaper

I've had a heater in there for weeks!

No I was saying the fans supplied for the BM's spin fast as hell, and the heatsinks are cold to touch...like I didn't burn my finger...so I think I need to wind them back a bit, slow them down..

I've just tested the second light rig...well part of it...a 120mm computer fan and fan speed cotroller...cool and quiet and maybe half the current draw.... :)

It's 900pm though, and I doubt I'll get it fully up and operational tonight...I'm trying...but ....yawn.. :)

I've had a heater in there for weeks!

No I was saying the fans supplied for the BM's spin fast as hell, and the heatsinks are cold to touch...like I didn't burn my finger...so I think I need to wind them back a bit, slow them down..

I've just tested the second light rig...well part of it...a 120mm computer fan and fan speed cotroller...cool and quiet and maybe half the current draw.... :)

It's 900pm though, and I doubt I'll get it fully up and operational tonight...I'm trying...but ....yawn.. :)

Thats what I need a speed controlled donut fan or a few of them I really lack a good air circulation in my space
Rest well Tassie

Hello LA, was just thinking about you, and Grizz and I have been talking about you too... :)
You're ears musta been burning :)

Glad to have you around mate...well I trust they will....:)

The colour is definately different...they're not so damn pink...and like I said the plants look more natural to look at than under the MARS

God, so am I LA, after all you and Paul did to get em too me...damn...well, I'll kick myself for a few grows yet about that I'm sure :)

Yep cleaner I'd agree with that :)

Hey, can you give K a big hug from me please mate. We haven't spoken in a whiles and i feel bad about that, so....can you kiss arse for me please? :)

Thanks again mate :)

Bloody nice to have you around mate. too , let me tell you...

:) Hugs mate, hope you and her are having a good night...eeeer morning :)

Seeing as how everyone is around...

I took some shots....the other two units wont be up tonight. I slipped in the dark and fell flat on both hands...about 20 minutes ago and still can't feel em....so Im sore, and its 10pm...I'm such a rebel...and well

The BudMaster XG DIY modules in action in the flower room...half at least... :)

DSCF47081.JPG

DSCF47091.JPG

Back
Top Bottom