Beautiful harvest Preston.
does it smoke differently with the nanner's?
stupid question, but I don't know.
My quick answer is no..... but,

Depending on when the nanners pop up, can affect the way your plant grows. I will likely find a few seeds, but the buds on my plant were already developed fully by the time my nanners showed up.

If they had happened earlier during the flower cycle, she would likely have self pollinated and expended all future energy to producing seeds... not flowers. So.... you end up with seedy/larfy, shit.

In a sense.... yes & no, I guess?
:hmmmm:

Whipped up a fat ass dab with my new press too!
2019-08-05-10-45-54.jpg

I'm still waiting on my heated plates, so this was done the ol' redneck way....

I heated my regular plates with my soldering torch, checked temp, then pressed with the new 6-ton.
20190805_104833.jpg

I've got a good temp gun.... got the plates to around 220° then let them sit, while watching the temp gun.

They dissipated heat very slow (thick steel)
:thumb:

I let them sit until they were at 200° and pressed for about 30 sec.

The plates held that temp for 3 separate presses.

I'm happy with the press, just antsy about getting the new plates here.
:nomo:

Today's endeavor was successful, but a pain in the butt.

Bombs away!
:roorrip:

I officially have a case of the "lead head"
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That dab was from the trim & popcorn off Alaskan Purple, C99/BB and Cheese. It was sifted down with dry ice, then pressed as kief.
:drool:

Think I'm gonna go squish some more stuff. LoL
:snowboating:

Glad to see you venturing towards the fresh rosin! :high-five:
I love it and my lungs thanked me, let me know if you've got any questions we can explore...:lot-o-toke:
What are your thoughts on these?
2019-08-05-11-27-58.jpg

I'm hoping they will work fine. The "aluminum" part kinda turned me off, but bought anyhow.

Figured it's not really a huge loss if they end up being shit...

Looks killer and a GREAT price! My only thought is, I hope it fits inside your press... I bought the the dabpress caged 3x7.
Heat will transfer (made my press pump release some pressure), so I put a silicon pad between the top and bottom of the cage.
20 ton HF press

Oh and press longer (5ish + minutes). Preheat plates. Start pressing slow so your bag and bud or material can heat up. You can feel it getting softer as it heats up. Don't force or fully compact the squish... Once you get good firm pressure, let that rosin cook off for 5ish or more minutes. Second squish with the same puck, same thing but squish as much as you want and find the bag or materials limits. There is a slight small learning curve. Your first few squishes will be your worst and then it'll only get better.
:high-five:

Squished all my old pucks today... I saved everything I had done with the hair straightener. I knew i would eventually get this press & find how much I had left behind. LoL

A LOT!
:jawdropper:
20190806_090450.jpg

I did a lower temp press this time, between 170-190°... pressed for about 5 min each time.

Looks like I'll be drooling on myself all day... again! LoL

So cool you’re doing some pressing. Have you tried any test buds of your Jack Herer yet? Maybe it’s still too soon? I’ve been smoking it as my daytime smoke lately and it’s just like you said. I totally get some chores done, good energy.

So cool you’re doing some pressing. Have you tried any test buds of your Jack Herer yet? Maybe it’s still too soon? I’ve been smoking it as my daytime smoke lately and it’s just like you said. I totally get some chores done, good energy.
I'm waiting on the Jack to dry still... I had a bit from the smaller Jack plant, but my coffers were wiped clean, coincidentally, the same day I bought a truck for my oldest. LoL
;)

The recent Jack harvest will be dry in a few days & cure as I'm off on vacation. I'll dig in when I get back.

:thumb:

my coffers were wiped clean, coincidentally, the same day I bought a truck for my oldest. LoL
Hmmm, what a coincidence! :laughtwo:
Can’t say I blame him tho, it’s a good choice ;) lol

Harvest totals are in...
2019-08-07-11-55-35.jpg

I'm shutting down for a bit.... will start again soon with a new journal.

@Amadeus Forzin or @Teddy Edwards , you mind shooting this one to "completed"

Peace out y'all... catch ya on the flip-side

:snowboating:

Back
Top Bottom