TeSmp's Critical Sensi Star - 6 Sq/Ft SCROG - Single Plant

I understand how hydro greatly increases yield but it is very well reported from many many sources and articles that the quality of the bud from hydro just isn't as good as organically grown.

From the author of the cannabible 1 + 2 ( hope you dont mind me posting this Tesmp ) but it is valuable information that I am sure you will all appreciate :)

:thumb:

:peace:

Lemme add to that . . .

I just got a report back from my latest harvest. Green Fluffy Bunnies is the talk of the collective. Sweet, potent, smooth, tasty, and works well for migraines. Some have said that it's the best weed that they've ever had. The demand for my migraine medicine just went through the roof...

Grown HYDROPONICALLY.

That is all...<<intercom clicks off loudly>>

Thanks CanuckGal, Im still a newbe as this is my "1st Grow EVER" lol...its been amazingly fun tho, for sure..Keep in mind when doing your scrog that my net is 4"x4" holes..Should have done what everyone else is doing (chicken wire) It seems to be a easier solution so that you dont have to train as much cause the holes are smaller..Remember to keep the the Apical Tip (Top of major branches) running underneath the screen until the 1st wk of flower as they will start stiffening up during flower cycle. If im wrong someone please correct me. Anyway good luck and keep lots of notes..Its helped me a lot..
Looks really great dude! I just showed my buddy your scrog, and we are going to make one in the next week or so. I'll test out my weaving skills to support some dense buds. I'm pumped!

Thanks for having a great example to work off of!

im wondering is teSmp has left, i was waiting to find out dry weight, he might come back and let us know, he did say he would still get msgs and would reply when he could,

@CanuckGal, check out teSmp's scrog, if you go back a few pages and have a read or even read this journal from the start you will then have a really good understanding of how a scrog works and the best way to do it, such as making sure their is no growth below the screen and removing any small branches below the screen, i am also going to try a hydro scrog when i finished flowering my next round of plants so im not planting anymore so i can clear my room for the hydro scrog, so have a good read of this journal and you will see a master at work, he nailed the scrog, so you will learn all you need to know if you read this journal, teSmp put a lot of time and effort in and got huge rewards, well worth looking in to,

give us a shout when you back teSmp, i have had a go at making my own strain and think i got a pregnant lady, crossed a kiwi seeds unknown but fast and easy growing male with a reserve privada sour kush, the tallest and most agresive growing of my 2 hempies, im hoping this will be a good mix and should give me a good healthy and easy to grow strain. only time will tell my friend

don,

he might just be way to baked to find his way to a pc.

teSmp said:
IMG_15544.jpg

:welcome: Thanks for stopping by! :welcome:

Wow, definitely worth going back to read the beginning!

Correct - what i said was you would get the same result or just a bit more with 2 plants in soil vs 1 plant hydro under same time.

Just wondering.... Why would anyone do this lol????????????????!!?!?! Have an additional plant to get the same amount? I'm almost going to go out there and say the hydro plant would still win. You could get a plant that is double or even triple that of a soil plant grown under the same conditions and same amount of time.

These aren't just my results I flip through pages after pages of journals and see plants that are 3 weeks old that looks more like one that is 2 days old. And I know that's not only attributed to soil but I honestly think it's harder for a beginner to get a good solid soil plant then it is to get a good solid hydro plant going. Unless your kind of dumb there isn't much to mess up in a DWC, check your ppm/pH and adjust. I do understand if your res temps are to hot, you need to get your environment dialed in before you start growing in hydro.

Lol.. Wow, this is CRAZEE!! Its all good, thanks for not taking this to heart bro!
As i said i have no comparisons personally, so the growers such as urself, who have grown both ways and are well versed in growing smoko and have gotten fairly constant similar results, are able to give this perspective.
The differences in taste dont really bother me as long as it dont taste like leaf - or harsh, i need weed for sleep also mate. This is why i try to flower til about 15/20% amber trichs. I am a heavy smoker and it takes a bit or nice weed to get stoned.
Ive had 6 police driving drug saliva tests and passed em all, even after blowin one out as i walked out my door! GREEN IS IN MY VEINS!!! lol
So i use weed for my anxiety n anger with my Bi-polar, it mellows me and allows me to think slower rather than the racing thoughts of mania..
This is why ive taken to GYO, cos my suppliers SUCK and dont get any regular good weed. I love the results of ur grows mate! You re one of my inspirations, so im sorry ive butted heads with ya, i wasnt trying to make you look bad or start a protest on Hydro vs soil..
That wasnt an intention of mine by no means, there s 2 sides to a coin, 2 sides to every story.. THIS BEING THE SAME IMO..
I agree Hydro s faster, and i cant argue with the results of your grow.. I am a soil grower for now, but mate i can assure you that in good time, I will have me one of them Hydro's:) I also am going to buy some good t5's/t8's CFL;s to see if i can get my plants to blow up like ive seen some with these lights. I wont be flowering with them, im sticking with my 600w HPS for that! But as some veg growth ive seen using them has been close to hydro results growth wise, im intrigued by them and may run a twin grow at a later date..
Alrighty then buddy, cheers for bein such a trooper on this lil battle of good vs evil:) And will chat soon TESMP:goodjob::high-five:

Yeah the taste doesn't bother me one bit at all, I don't smoke so it can taste good in my mouth lol. I can eat desert for that, or my gf! However, the taste is still great in my weed :) Can't wait till you try hydro you'll have the exact opposite from of mind and I highly doubt you'll ever touch soil again! I don't know why you would go to t5's/t8's if you have a MH bulb, nothing is going to work better then what you got already. MH works so good for veg!

Thats sweet..The Bud is great also.. :) Anyway, Im gettin ready to start my own DWC and not sure how I wanna set it up?

Thanks for coming by. and your SCROG looks awesome, it's going to turn out very nice over the next weeks/months! And what do you mean your not sure how you want to set it up? A DWC you just take a bucket, netpot lid, through air line in it and a airstone, on the other side of the air line attach an air pump. That's all. Unless you mean like SCROG, LST?? Any questions just ask.

Looks really great dude! I just showed my buddy your scrog, and we are going to make one in the next week or so. I'll test out my weaving skills to support some dense buds. I'm pumped!

Thanks for having a great example to work off of!

Not sure who your talking to, maybe you thought this was Tony's journal? Anways.. Scroll around plenty of info in here on SCROGs :)

Dry Weight teSmp?

8.25 zips right now + 5 grams to my mom + 1 gram last night :)

BBQTony, this is kinda confusing, do you have your own thread? At first I thought this was TeSmp's ScrOG, and I was wondering what the hell happened, lol.

Lol... I was curious to!

im wondering is teSmp has left, i was waiting to find out dry weight, he might come back and let us know, he did say he would still get msgs and would reply when he could,

@canuckgal, check out teSmp's scrog, if you go back a few pages and have a read or even read this journal from the start you will then have a really good understanding of how a scrog works and the best way to do it, such as making sure their is no growth below the screen and removing any small branches below the screen, i am also going to try a hydro scrog when i finished flowering my next round of plants so im not planting anymore so i can clear my room for the hydro scrog, so have a good read of this journal and you will see a master at work, he nailed the scrog, so you will learn all you need to know if you read this journal, teSmp put a lot of time and effort in and got huge rewards, well worth looking in to,

give us a shout when you back teSmp, i have had a go at making my own strain and think i got a pregnant lady, crossed a kiwi seeds unknown but fast and easy growing male with a reserve privada sour kush, the tallest and most agresive growing of my 2 hempies, im hoping this will be a good mix and should give me a good healthy and easy to grow strain. only time will tell my friend

Lol no I'm still around, I've read everyones posts just got time to write back though. School has got me tied up quite a bit so far this semester. That'd be cool if your little breading project works out, reg seeds don't interest me at all though! I'll come by your journal tonight or tomorrow if I can!

don,

he might just be way to baked to find his way to a pc.

Lol... Actually last night was the first time I've tried the finish product! It was great, really good strong head high. I'm just like numb and I don't get any paranoia which is great! Sleep is awesome, I woke up at 8 and I'm usually not up to ill 9-930 lol.

Wow, definitely worth going back to read the beginning!

Thanks for the lovely bump :)

Just wondering.... Why would anyone do this lol????????????????!!?!?! Have an additional plant to get the same amount?

I did 4 plants / strain to have some backup plant from each anything goes wrong, and so that the plants fill out the available space quicker.
Then during flower each plant needs to support only a few big buds, not hundreds. Since i'm a newbie it seemed to be safer this way.
And results were more then satisfactory :)
I don't need to turn on my HIDs in the coming year probably, so it won't matter if i finish a few weeks earlier or later.

Lol... Actually last night was the first time I've tried the finish product! It was great, really good strong head high. I'm just like numb and I don't get any paranoia which is great! Sleep is awesome, I woke up at 8 and I'm usually not up to ill 9-930 lol.

Hell yeah!!!! So gentle and strong the same time!
I get the same impression, lovely CSS! So happy it turned out great for you too!

And on top of that you give me insipration to get rid of tobacco again, i could go on with vapo only for a couple of months - will try it again soon, just got to celebrate this harvest with a few joints too.

Cheers!!!!

no worries mate, by the looks of it my plant is making some seeds, the pistils have changed on the 3 bud sites i put pollen on, the rest of the hempie looks like its in flower as normal so i think i managed to get pollen on just the buds i wanted to get them on, i did spray the plant well with water before putting it near the other plants, but i think i done it ok, im sure ill soon find out, ill either have 3 buds full of seeds or a whole room full of seeds, but i can only see the 3 buds i put pollen on changing, the pistils have turned brown and shrivled up so by the looks of it i should be getting me some seeds, and hopefully i picked to good strains to cross, but i wont know till i grow one of the seeds,

do you know much about crossing plants mate, when the seeds are taken out the bud do i need to leave them a while to dry out before i can use them or are the ready to go as soon as they come out the plant,

sounds like you got a good yield then mate off that scrog, thats some yield for 1 plant, clear proof why i need to jump on the hydro/scrog wagon, i just got to get these plants out the way and my numbers down then ill give hydro a go, not planting any more seeds just yet so ill let the plants finish that i got now then i can set up a hydro possibly with 2 plants and fill 3ft by 3ft scrog, i was thinking about doing a v scrog as this should allow me to get the screen as close to the light as possible

Yeah Tesmp,
I probably will never go back to soil after starting hydro! But it will take me to do a setup and see the difference before id continue with it..
Im going to post a pic of Cindy at 1 month ok, can you post pic of your scrog at 1 month pls for my comparison when you have time?? THanks mate.. TAke it easy! And did you only get 8 oz dry?? Shit bit under what i thought!! Soz!!

2012-08-10_14_21_05.jpg

2012-08-07_15_09_11.jpg

I did 4 plants / strain to have some backup plant from each anything goes wrong, and so that the plants fill out the available space quicker.
Then during flower each plant needs to support only a few big buds, not hundreds. Since i'm a newbie it seemed to be safer this way.
And results were more then satisfactory :)
I don't need to turn on my HIDs in the coming year probably, so it won't matter if i finish a few weeks earlier or later.

Hell yeah!!!! So gentle and strong the same time!
I get the same impression, lovely CSS! So happy it turned out great for you too!

And on top of that you give me insipration to get rid of tobacco again, i could go on with vapo only for a couple of months - will try it again soon, just got to celebrate this harvest with a few joints too.

Cheers!!!!

I'm a newbie to bro, a few big buds would be nice but I enjoyed every bit of this grow... Whether or not you want a few big buds or a hundred small ones I still think hydro is the way to go. The maintenance is so much simpler, the flushing, the everything.. On top of that you get faster growth and higher yields. And on top of that you don't have a reoccurring cost, just water and nutrients something you already have to do with soil but you don't have to buy more soil/perlite/amendments etc.. and YES... really enjoying this CSS! If anyone is curious about a strain to give a try I would strongly recommend growing Critical Sensi Star!

no worries mate, by the looks of it my plant is making some seeds, the pistils have changed on the 3 bud sites i put pollen on, the rest of the hempie looks like its in flower as normal so i think i managed to get pollen on just the buds i wanted to get them on, i did spray the plant well with water before putting it near the other plants, but i think i done it ok, im sure ill soon find out, ill either have 3 buds full of seeds or a whole room full of seeds, but i can only see the 3 buds i put pollen on changing, the pistils have turned brown and shrivled up so by the looks of it i should be getting me some seeds, and hopefully i picked to good strains to cross, but i wont know till i grow one of the seeds,

do you know much about crossing plants mate, when the seeds are taken out the bud do i need to leave them a while to dry out before i can use them or are the ready to go as soon as they come out the plant,

sounds like you got a good yield then mate off that scrog, thats some yield for 1 plant, clear proof why i need to jump on the hydro/scrog wagon, i just got to get these plants out the way and my numbers down then ill give hydro a go, not planting any more seeds just yet so ill let the plants finish that i got now then i can set up a hydro possibly with 2 plants and fill 3ft by 3ft scrog, i was thinking about doing a v scrog as this should allow me to get the screen as close to the light as possible

That's pretty scary lol you could end up with all your plants having seeds, but if your smoking it for personal use that wouldn't really be a bad thing.. You could keep all the seeds and smoke the rest for this round! I'm pretty sure that as soon as the seeds reach maturity they're viable seeds and ready to be planted, someone can correct me with more experience but I'm pretty sure they're good to go. Glad your making the switch, any questions just ask I know you won't be disappointed! The only thing you'll be wondering is why you took so long to do it!

Yeah Tesmp,
I probably will never go back to soil after starting hydro! But it will take me to do a setup and see the difference before id continue with it..
Im going to post a pic of Cindy at 1 month ok, can you post pic of your scrog at 1 month pls for my comparison when you have time?? THanks mate.. TAke it easy! And did you only get 8 oz dry?? Shit bit under what i thought!! Soz!!

hmm... I'm confused.. I came into your journal when your plant was about a month old and it didn't look like that....

This was your plant on 08/02/12

2012-08-02_18_26_13.jpg

Which according to your journal the plant was started on 07/18 making it about a month and a half old for the picture above ^ :thedoubletake:

Anyways here was mine at 1 month, give or take I just know I flowered at a month (roughly 1.5'x2'):

IMG_17734.jpg

The real action happened within the next two weeks, and where I think the BIGGEST difference happens between soil and hydro (except yield):

IMG_19175.jpg

And did you only get 8 oz dry?? Shit bit under what i thought!! Soz!!

I'm more then happy getting 8.5 ounces with 1 month veg and 1 plant :hmmmm: Not trying to talk highly of myself because I think many people on here could do better, but I haven't seen a journal that has yielded over half a pound with only 30 days veg.

I'm a newbie to bro, a few big buds would be nice but I enjoyed every bit of this grow... Whether or not you want a few big buds or a hundred small ones I still think hydro is the way to go. The maintenance is so much simpler, the flushing, the everything.. On top of that you get faster growth and higher yields. And on top of that you don't have a reoccurring cost, just water and nutrients something you already have to do with soil but you don't have to buy more soil/perlite/amendments etc.. and YES... really enjoying this CSS! If anyone is curious about a strain to give a try I would strongly recommend growing Critical Sensi Star!

Yeah, hydro always meant heavy tech and some pipe system with daily checks necessary to run the whole thing - add pH checks & constantly needed calibrating solutions for that.... scary a bit! I looked a into the thing you have been using - it seems really much more simple.

Do you have any info on how much the pH stuff and calibration costs for a month or ful the full grow? I'm calculating costs for the next grow and couldn't get a straight asnswer from any shops selling the pH pen regarding this...

About yield, i think i got good, above 1900 wet with the 800w, all plants were relatively small (1m tall, 3-5 main shoots) so its not due to an enormous long veg time.
Weird thing is, css was the worst yielder based on /plant average (order was like blueberry, herer, caramelo css).
Curing starts to work now - they have such a great taste already, wonder what will happen after a month cure (hope they'll taste even better :) )

And congrats for the POTM!!!

Growing is so much fun, would have never thought it.. not gona let some random druglord do this for me ever again!! :)

Yeah, hydro always meant heavy tech and some pipe system with daily checks necessary to run the whole thing - add pH checks & constantly needed calibrating solutions for that.... scary a bit! I looked a into the thing you have been using - it seems really much more simple.

Do you have any info on how much the pH stuff and calibration costs for a month or ful the full grow? I'm calculating costs for the next grow and couldn't get a straight asnswer from any shops selling the pH pen regarding this...

About yield, i think i got good, above 1900 wet with the 800w, all plants were relatively small (1m tall, 3-5 main shoots) so its not due to an enormous long veg time.
Weird thing is, css was the worst yielder based on /plant average (order was like blueberry, herer, caramelo css).
Curing starts to work now - they have such a great taste already, wonder what will happen after a month cure (hope they'll taste even better :) )

And congrats for the POTM!!!

Growing is so much fun, would have never thought it.. not gona let some random druglord do this for me ever again!! :)

Calibration fluid, pH up and pH down will cost you less than $12 USD for all of them.

If you're looking for a really simple and easy to maintain hydro system, here's a really easy and inexpensive on that I sue in my Flower Box.

DIY Ebb & Flow

Calibration fluid, pH up and pH down will cost you less than $12 USD for all of them.

If you're looking for a really simple and easy to maintain hydro system, here's a really easy and inexpensive on that I sue in my Flower Box.

DIY Ebb & Flow

Wow, i had to spend $50 or more just on buffers 4.0, 7.0, 10.0, cleaning and storage solution! I used up my 4.0 buffer in a month (the pen seemed to vary values quite often) Am i looking at a wrong brand of pen or been doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot for the info, really apprecited!

i would of thought the easiest set up would be the dwc that teSmp has used, its a bucket with an air stone in the bottom, plus you would need some sort of tap in the bottom of the bucket to drain and clean the res out, so you would need a bucket for the res, an air pump and stone, then all you would need is the nutrients and ph tester and ppm, then ph up and down etc, and then you should be good to go, no pumps to control the water, just a simple bucket with an air pump in it, then as long as the nutes are checked and the res changed often you should be ok, i know res temp can be an issue so that would need checking.

but i am giving it a go and maybe i should of tried it sooner, but ill give it a go and try some clones so i can compare the hydro with the soil grow, i know its not a full hydro but more dwc set up but i can still compare the rate of growth between the 2 grows, if it means i can get the same amout of bud or more with less plants then that makes sense to me, im not decided on what to go with, ill either do a 3ft by 3ft scrog with longer veg or 2 plants and 30day veg, or go with 4 dwc buckets and no scrog, i want to try and pull 3 or 4 oz per plant, im only getting just over an oz per plant with soil, so im either doing something wrong or the yields are really that low with a soil grow with 30days of veg,

don, you are only getting 1 oz/ plant because you are flowering with CFL...and doing a number of things "less than ideal".

Hey T, congrats on the POTM! Hadnt heard from you in a while. How's things? Took clones yesterday, we will be trying out that DWC scrog soon, deffinately going to be looking to you for some input. Anyways Bro, I hope all is well.

Back
Top Bottom