THC Bomb & WW/Skunk - CFL Hood/Veg HPS/Flower

Skybound

Some pretty turbulent situations occurred recently in my life so this (2nd) journal will once again be a work in progress. I have a new job, but that appears to be unreliable at best so funds will be thinner than I'm used to, but I will do whatever I can to make this grow as successful and HUSH as possible.

Earlier this morning I realized that other situations and prospects were not improving so I decided to once again use this small closet to start off. I do intend to build a 28"x28"x7' box that can be fitted into any closet, but that will take a few weeks. I am also intending to model it after the Superponics box that stealthgrow uses, except I will build mine from wood and line it with black&white poly or panda film. I also want it to come apart really easy, but still be very secure and lockable. This will take a bit of time to work out on paper first and hopefully I won't have to make too many major adjustments once built. Hopefully I will find steady reliable work with a lot of OT so I can sink more into my Cannabotany hobby that I'd like to develop into a career.

Without further ado, I dropped a seed each of feminized THC Bomb (Bomb Seeds) and a regular WW/Skunk (unknown breeder) that I got from our wonderful sponsor Herbie's! The seeds will soak in the plain distilled water for 12-24 hours to soften the outer shell and if either of the little girls wishes to begin hatching, that will be a plus. Tonight or tomorrow the seed(ling)s will be inserted into grow cubes to await their official arrival and birthdays. The grow style will of course be Capn's Simple hydroponics in Grodans Grow cubes. Because I was not able to squeeze that into much budget before running into money troubles, I have taken the liberty of quartering some grow cubes that I got to root clones. I was able to cut each cube into 8 much smaller cubes and I cut up about 10-15 cubes so I have plenty to start them and do some early veg with. I am not sure if I will use either or both to flower or either or both to be mom's so time will tell about that. I will continue to use bottled distilled water until I get an RO filter. The nutes will be General Hydroponics 3 part Flora series, and Heisenberg's Tea as outlined in The Capn's blogs. ScrOG will definitely be in these girl's futures, but I think I'm gonna use wire fencing instead of a strung screen b/c the wire fence can be cut to allow for stem passage to the next cell.

With the design of a new grow cabinet, I will be able to fit my HID air cooled hood and get that 400watt HPS burning for the flowering period. Last grow, I was slightly concerned when incorporating this into a grow, but I just discovered that my little space heater I used for most of the last 3 winters consumes 1500 watts with no worries or questions, so to use the 400 watt HPS for 1/2 of each day definitely won't ruffle any feathers. I do have concerns how much noise the air movement system will make. the same week I got the seeds, I also picked up a 400 CFM 6" blower type duct fan. Also in storage I have a 4" carbon filter that I would like to use as well, but keeping decibels low is priority #1. Once again I play around with different ideas to minimize all that generated noise and work that out as best as I can to satisfy that priority.

There is probably more to say, but I will let feedback determine the direction of this journal until the ladies arrive.

DSCF14413.JPG
DSCF14442.JPG
DSCF14433.JPG

Hey John, thanks for being the first to pull up a chair. I also subbed to yours and will get caught up soon. I originally wanted to build an RDWC like hygrohybrid uses, but The Capn pointed out a few troubles growers have with DWC setups, the biggest of which is res temp issues. While he and I were dialoguing back and forth, my aeroponic/ebb&Flow/RDWC grow capsized. I had 2 clones and 4 bag seed seedlings growing strong and maybe within just a couple days their roots turned into Lo Mein and slimy. So rather than go with that heart ache again, I will try my 2nd grow with Capn's Simple hydroponic in grow cubes. Already have most of everything I need save for a bag of grow cubes, recharge my nute supply a few materials to make the tea and a couple 5 gallon pails for 2 res buckets and a bucket for each plant to land into later on. I can probably pick everything up for less than $80. Not to say you, or any other grower will fail at DWC, but just wanted something a little less risky to cover my current investment into everything to grow and that's upwards of a thousand dollars already. I definitely plan to pursue DWC in the future, but not till I can keep the temps down and have enough foot print to handle all the bud that DWC produces.

fair enough mate , yeah i have found with dwc so far that its good to use hydroton and i also use small jiffy root shooter cubes in my net pots that eventualy break away as the stems produce a big root ball and strong stem which leaves the coco and doesnts get too moist, im also currently using a powder form nutrient line and i find that by using powder it has really lowered my risk of slime , ive actually never had it so far in out of the 26 dwc plants ive grown and have growing your also right about the fast growing pace in dwc they really do explode. hope the info helps , :)

thanks for subbing to my grow btw buddy

I'm Sub'd Sky, your closet plans sound great, I hope they work out for you man. If you need any info about my cabinets, feel free to ask.
I had some issues with reservoir temps over the summer but was able to keep them under control with ice bottles in the reservoir, It wasn't too much of a hassel. Anyway, good luck with your grow. ;)

The Capn's Simple Hydro does not require chilling, so I should be ok for the duration of the grow. Can you tell me how tall the veg box is in your split closet? I was thinking 2' for veg and 5' for flower, but if I can skimp out on the veg height, I'd like to to save some head room.

Subbed; On the settings if you use the e-mail settings & you are subbed to a lot of threads you'll have a million e-mails. If your like me & have your e-mail address linked to your phone it's e-mail alerting you 24/7. I even tried the weekly & it was to many alerts. Now I have it set where I only get e-mails for my threads. You can do this through the E-mail settings.

I must not be subbed to as many as you. I have it linked to my phone and my battery dies prematurely everyday, but that's a personal choice to continue that way for now.

I know what you mean. :420: is a drug in itself. Very addictive!

Yeah, I have been addicted to forums in the past and recovered well so I approached this one cautiously so as not to become addicted again.

I was thinking if one of our WW/Skunks turns out to be a male (and the other a female) the male could be grown to produce pollen. I mean if I get a girl and you get a boy, you could send me some pollen for future breeding (or vice-a-versa). I know it'll be a pain in the ass to flower a male in such a limited space, but if I get the male, I plan on just taking some cuttings to keep in veg and junking the male parent. I got a feeling this WW/Skunk will be a heavy hitter and big yielder and would like to preserve the strain locally if possible. Just tossing out an idea, no probs if if you're not game.

Subbed, been thinking about which hydro method to employ in the future, so I'm sure to learn some things from this thread. So you changed jobs huh, did you get tired of those damn hammer wrenches my friend? I'm about to switch careers myself, just tired of the fast pace out there, burned out from too many years of all the bs.

No, still like crushing hammer wrenches, but the company dicked us for the second time on our well earned bonus so I gave them 2 weeks notice. They fired me within 3 hours of that and did not give the last check. I thankfully found a new job washing frack tanks, but that is turning out to be unreliable, so I will continue to look for a better work environment at the same time I look to find a better grow environment.

Yeah, I have been addicted to forums in the past and recovered well so I approached this one cautiously so as not to become addicted again.

I was thinking if one of our WW/Skunks turns out to be a male (and the other a female) the male could be grown to produce pollen. I mean if I get a girl and you get a boy, you could send me some pollen for future breeding (or vice-a-versa). I know it'll be a pain in the ass to flower a male in such a limited space, but if I get the male, I plan on just taking some cuttings to keep in veg and junking the male parent. I got a feeling this WW/Skunk will be a heavy hitter and big yielder and would like to preserve the strain locally if possible. Just tossing out an idea, no probs if if you're not game.
I'm thinking about investing in another tent so will see what happens.

No shortage of jobs here, with this boom going strong, man I HATE hammer wrenches, and wet ass cellars. I always hate messing with the damn stack, especially when people don't know what to do, and won't listen to those of us who do. Good luck finding a decent gig, I'm kinda in transition myself, after a pretty severe injury I received.

Injuries happen in the OF. We had a 19 yr old kid get his finger crushed during an annular lift. Just gotta move safely, as fast as humanly possible, but safely. I almost never touch the cellar floor b/c I perfected ways to get a good swing w/o climbing all the way down. Annular break we'd stand on ladders, working around the accumy lines and all. Everyone must think we're speaking greek in here.

I actually thought the same thing a while ago, lol, all I now is I'm really glad when they order a nipple up crew, saves me from having to babysit a couple of floor hands. All that does sound like Greek, if you've never done it, I guess. Anyway, sorry to jack your thread to talk shop, lol, I guess it's in my blood, just burned out, and worn out, getting too old to babysit.
Injuries happen in the OF. We had a 19 yr old kid get his finger crushed during an annular lift. Just gotta move safely, as fast as humanly possible, but safely. I almost never touch the cellar floor b/c I perfected ways to get a good swing w/o climbing all the way down. Annular break we'd stand on ladders, working around the accumy lines and all. Everyone must think we're speaking greek in here.

Don't know what it is about Dumb that the OF attracts, but they do seem to come in droves for the work. Just before I was fired, some water truck driver somehow ran himself over with his own truck. Don't worry about jacking a thread. Once I make it public, it becomes public property to be used how the public deems fit, so jack away. Just as long as I can squeeze in the occasional (frequently for me) update about my grow, I care not what is discussed, or by whom.

I drafted up a proposed timeline for this grow. I know various stages of growth will fluctuate one plant to the other, so days will likely be added to the end of the grow, but I'd like to keep it as close to schedule (or sooner) as possible. Also, having never flowered a plant, I am lacking in experience so I will need advice on any errors I made. I'd like to be able to mentally visualize the entire grow first, that's why I drafted a timeline. So in essence, you can correct my mistakes before I make them. Also, if any pictures I generate may help you or another, please feel free to save my images as needed and apply when and where you please.

Timeline2.JPG
Timeline_Schedule.JPG

These images were generated using Microsoft Word and I saved it in one of those formats. If you'd like to use this as a template to plan your grow, I can email that as well unless 420 has an option to attach files to a post that I don't know about? Either case, hope this helps you and if you can help me, please suggest edits to my plan. TYIA

I do all the ST's except the STD's, I don't do those.

Back
Top Bottom