THC Bomb & WW/Skunk - CFL Hood/Veg HPS/Flower

Aside from the burn, everything looks good, right? I see lots and lots of sugar on her leaves so you'll get lots of good cooking ingredients!

As far as I can tell everything else is going great, and the white widow is just covered from head to toe in Trichromes, it's amazing how much they change overnight. I'm deffinately going to be making either butter or using the sweet leaf for hash.

I hope that massive frost production is common in the White Widow family tree!

hi mate, with the flowerng time id say that estimate is about right so you shouldnt be to far from that, mine grew like crazy in veg and i had to pull it over on its side as it was growing 3 times quicker than any other strain i had growing at the time and ive not had anything grow as quick as it in the past either.

Update, Flowering since 12/01 and alive 84 days,

Due to financial restrictions, I had to repurpose most of the funds I got my hands on to bills etc so I will have to finish the grow in the small cabinet as is. I did manage to get me a bottle of GH CALiMAGic and I am loving the stuff already. there are no slimey sugary products in it and correcting PH is so much easier. When using the CaMg (organic), it would take me about 12ml of PH DOWN to get the res into optimal range. With the CALiMAGic, it only took me 3.5ml of DOWN.

So after this mornings last feeding, I pulled the res out and washed everything good with hot tap water. I didn't use any H2O2 or bleach as the chlorine in my tap water should suffice to clean with. 2 days ago I began to mix up the solution and the recipe is as follos;

5ml/Gal GH CALiMAGic
4ml/Gal GH Flora Blend
1ml/Gal GH Armor Si (silica)
12 hours later I began to part in the 3 part nutrients till I hit a PPM of 600-650

2 parts GH Flora Gro (1.5ml, 1.5ml, .5ml, .5ml) ((each part started as .75 and finished at .25))
3 parts GH Flora Micro (2.25ml, 2.25ml, .75ml, .75ml)
5 parts GH Flora Bloom (3.75ml, 3.75ml, 1.25ml, 1.25ml)

I am still figuring ranges and I definitely don't want to push hard on upping PPM and possibly burn her out so I am just gradually increasing with each new res I mix. Thank God for Capn's recipe as it's easy to follow once I wrapped my brain around what a "part" is. Once again, I start with the first 3 amendments/additives and get a PPM reading after that mixes good. I then begin to part my nutes in according to the Capn's bloom recipe, and all I have to ensure is that whatever unit of measure I assign to a "part", I keep that unit of measure synonymous for the rest of the 3 part. So if I assign a part to be 1ml, 2 parts is obviously 2ml, 3 parts is 3ml and 5 parts is 5ml. I take my reading after some time to mix and begin the process again. Maybe I would then assign a part to be 2ml if I still have a lot of PPM to make up, or even decrease the size of the part as I've done this time. I started with a part being 3/4 of an ml and gave that twice. Once I got close to my range, I decreased the part size so as not to overshoot my target PPM. after I hit, I topped off with water and viola, I was really close so I added another 2-3-5 @ .25ml per part. I am now sitting at 620 PPM and tonight when lights come back on, I will check and adjust if necessary.

Also, this is the first all tap water res so perhaps she will need some time to adjust. The water already had 48 hours of aeration and it is aerating now during lights off for 13 more hours, so I am confident that the chlorine had dissipated.

I am noticing some yellowing on leaf margins and the occasional rusty spot on a few leaves. If I had to guess, I'd say a mild deficiency, but I still need to research which and plot how to gradually fix it. I do not want to deviate from the recipe as The Capn so eloquently pointed out earlier, "That's a Hard Lesson Learned" and it is this that reminds me to stick to the schedule. If I can bump a dose of any of the 3 part by an extra 0.1ml/gal, I think that would suffice, but I still have some reading and PMing to do before I deviate at all.

Here's pics, nothing special aside from some nice long and slowly fattening colas. I count 8 nearly 1' long colas. the picture doesn't depict this well as I had to tie them all down at strange angles. I'd pull them horizontal and they'd grow back up towards the light so they look short, but they're not.

DSCF18262.JPG
DSCF18272.JPG
DSCF18283.JPG
DSCF18292.JPG
DSCF18303.JPG

Sometimes it smells like banana peels and others a feign cat piss smell, but when I grab a nug then smell my fingers, I am whisked away to heaven for a moment. Right now, I am not using any carbon or Ona gel. I hope I can finish w/o needing either. If I do, it will have to be ona b/c I can't risk using my DIY filter which creates a lot of back pressure and there's too much heat to remove as is.

Haha, I'm glad you finally wrapped your head around the whole 'part phenomena'!

there are no slimey sugary products in it and correcting PH is so much easier. When using the CaMg (organic), it would take me about 12ml of PH DOWN to get the res into optimal range. With the CALiMAGic, it only took me 3.5ml of DOWN.

This sounds like the exact same reaction I had when switching over. That organic stuff is going to be a distant thing of the past. So many variables, and not enough resources in my opinion to be using organics just yet, but hopefully that will change in the near future once I can afford to upgrade my whole setup.

BTW, your plant looks EXACTLY how my Bubb appeared when just starting to show signs of a Mg def. Would you mind snapping some pics with some natural light, or less orange light source? Also of those 'rusty' spots on the leaf margin you are talking about?

Not much to say, clones are still alive, mom looks good, nutes are decreasing in PPM which suggests she's got the munchies so next res maybe 700 PPM. Tea is brewing and will be ready in 2 days, actually I think I'll go back to 1 1/2 days as I no longer have PH issues. I did tip 3 buds to stunt upward reach. I read AG's journal but did not follow LA's instructions as I cut the tips before AG posted that link yesterday.

Here's a million pics;

topped_buds.jpg
resinous_hairs.jpg
beginning_crystals.jpg
a_footlong.jpg
Close_Bud1.jpg
IMG_20140106_234932_564.jpg
IMG_20140106_234927_032.jpg
Clone_Door.jpg
Clone_B_nodes.jpg
Clone_B3.jpg
Clone_A_nodes.jpg
Clone_A3.jpg
A_nodes.jpg
IMG_20140107_011918_232.jpg
IMG_20140107_011851_937.jpg
IMG_20140107_011816_965.jpg
IMG_20140107_011808_679.jpg
IMG_20140107_011749_567.jpg
IMG_20140107_011739_868.jpg
IMG_20140107_011733_086.jpg

Ok, only 20 pics

I had to look twice at the solo cups with the clones in it...I thought you had them in an actual fridge haha!

How is the Mg deficiency going? It's prominent on your leaves (yellow edges and whitish). The reason I ask is because in the last few pics I noticed that all your new growth was slightly yellowing from the centers as well which leads me to believe that you still may be in battle.

Seeing as how the current symptoms are supposedly stemming from conditions from up to 10 days ago, I want to wait before adjusting anything b/c simply swapping out CaMg+ with CALiMAGic is a major change in my book. Pursuant to the PMs you (AG) and I had a few days ago regarding these 2 products, I believe the chemical product has way more available calcium and magnesium than the organic version so I'll wait a few more days before considering bumping up any one thing.

Seeing as how the current symptoms are supposedly stemming from conditions from up to 10 days ago, I want to wait before adjusting anything b/c simply swapping out CaMg+ with CALiMAGic is a major change in my book. Pursuant to the PMs you (AG) and I had a few days ago regarding these 2 products, I believe the chemical product has way more available calcium and magnesium than the organic version so I'll wait a few more days before considering bumping up any one thing.

If you want healthy plants and avoid deficiencies, never add "one thing" to your system, thinking you will correct something. Always drain most of your res and start with fresh nutrient solution (made up to your recipe).

Great job on the clones, SKY.

I don't know if I neglected to mention that, but this last res swap I did completely empty the res and washed out all the gunk from the tank, fed line to the union and pump, then added the new nutrient mix.

Edit - also did not mean to imply "add", but rather maybe bump up or lower an ingredient to very slightly increase the presence of Mag.

I don't know if I neglected to mention that, but this last res swap I did completely empty the res and washed out all the gunk from the tank, fed line to the union and pump, then added the new nutrient mix.

Edit - also did not mean to imply "add", but rather maybe bump up or lower an ingredient to very slightly increase the presence of Mag.

Good to hear you are starting fresh. It sounded as if you were adding calmag to your system, simply by adding it to your res. Sorry I mis-read that part.

I wonder why you are having "GUNK". You're not adding "great white" directly to your system are you? It gunks up.

No, I add the Great White when mixing the tea in a separate 2 gallon bucket. I was having gunk issues when CaMg+ (organic cal/mag supplement) was the only product I had to work with. Having a recent blessing allowed me to get my hands on a bottle of CALiMAGic which better matches my nutrients. The new product doesn't have any gunk to it. When I take from the tea, I draw from the the top with a 100ml syringe and squirt it around the base of the stalk. I add about 2 or 3 of those to equal a cup. I also use the tea with the clones with good results. Now that you got me all strung out on Tea, I wonder how sterile growers root their clones? I see now how "happy" roots get when inoculated with the tea mix. I wish both bubbler clones were growing at the same pace, but perhaps there is more bubbling going on in one side of that bowl? All are still alive and slowly feeding on the lower leaf sets. I don't plan to prune those off, just leave the plant eat what she needs from where she needs till veg happens which I hope to be soon.

I'd like to see you grow out a run or two as natural as possible, then as you get used to your strain you can start methodically adjusting the strain a little at a time. This way your learning your gear as u go and by doing this you Should have less chances of problems and each harvest will be better than the previous. Its taken me almost 18 months growing tinys earlier generations before I was able to coax out what I did from her.
The pineapple skunks are giving me a hard time trying to get them to cooperate and I will surely have a lower yield out of it this time than what I'll get out of them later in the year.

Swapped the res for one I've had aerating for a day and a half. 700 PPM and a nice stable pH of 5.7. I doubt it will hit 6.0 in the next 3 days unless she drinks more than she eats this week. I bumped up the Bloom nutes from 5 parts to 5.1 parts to give just a bit more magnesium. Flora Bloom has the highest concentration of the 3 available parts so I went with that.

starting @ 6.5/71 PPM

5ml/Gal GH CALiMAGic
4ml/Gal GH Flora Blend
1ml/Gal GH Armor Si (silica)..........7.5@470 PPM, added 1.5ml PH DOWN

Part=1.5ml - .25ml - 2.5ml
2.0 parts GH Flora Gro - (3ml) (.50ml) (.50ml)
3.0 parts GH Flora Micro (4.5ml) (.75ml) (.75ml)
5.1 parts GH Flora Bloom (7.65ml) (1.35ml) (1.35ml)............+2ml PH DOWN .....5.7/700 PPM.

Good to see all you hard work paying off pal,

how long you been rocking the mini fridge box, feelin that

I got it about a month ago and took out all the refrigeration parts to be used as a DIY chiller, the fridge works great as a small nursery.

Back
Top Bottom