And more picts...

And the garden:

See when you think a plant is ready wait a week :ganjamon:):

IMG_8462.JPG

Grand Puba(Purple Widow x 96' Bubba Kush)

:yahoo:

Butcher this is one of the most enjoyable journals with great company. And Wow what Buds, I'm drooling.
+Rep

Butch, I just spent the last 3 afternoons reading your journal from cover to cover, all I can say is WOW! A couple ?'S. Did u ever find out the cross for the alaskan thunder fuck? When I saw that I couldn't wait to get farther along so I could find out. Also, have u ever grown green houses version of the bubba kush? After reading what u wrote about your 96 bubba, how it can pretty much take whatever u can throw at it, high PPM, pest and mold resistant, good producer, I'm wondering how similar they are, especially since I got a free bean from attitude sittin in my drawer. U make me want to germ that sucker! Thanks for the good read and all the info, I think I may try out your new mother buckets. +reps

How to make a simple DWC System for your mothers.

This is going to be a quick guide on how to make a simple, yet effective, 5 gallon bucket system for your future mother plants. I started using hydro to do mothers' for the fallowing reasons:

1. No Soil = Less chance of bugs
2. Hydro is alot more forgiving
3. Being able to adjust the nutrient uptake of the mother plant.

Step one is buying your equipment.This is what you'll need to make this bucket:

Things_needed.JPG

Next your going to want to get your tools. For this you'll need a 3 inch Hole Saw, Drill and .5 inch Drill Bit.

First (I)You cut the hole in the lid using your drill and 3 inch Hole Saw.

hole_n_lid.JPG

Then you tap a hole into the bucket, just below the lid. I take out the handle and use hole for the handle as a guide for the actual hole like this:

Hole_placement.JPG

At this point your bucket should look like this:

Cut_bucket.JPG

Next your going to want to set up your pump in its new home. One thing that is important is that you have your air pump at a higher level then your water. This is to keep any water from getting into your stone and air lines. This is not a priority, however it is a big must in my book. Connect your air line, don not plug your pump in just yet. Then take your stone and place it at the bottom of the bucket. some stones will not stay put, so 1 thing to do is buy some suction cups and attach the to the bottom of the stone. to keep them in place. I did not have to do this, but it will work effectively.

Next pop your new mom in the bucket:

Plant_in_bucket.JPG

This is the results you should get at the bottom of your bucket once the air pump, stone and line are hooked up and are on:

new_mother_3.JPG

Here are the results of A mother plant after 1 month under 4 CFL's:

March 1,2010

new_mother.JPG

March 31,2010

MOM_2.jpg

MOM_5.jpg

In conclusion, I just hope this helps out plenty of you to build this simple, cheap & effective system to produce any amount of cuttings. And this growth would and can be increased by simply increasing lighting or switching out to HID. This was just an experiment that came out sucessful, and has completely changed the way I grow my mother plants. I hope ya'll get the same results and have bountiful harvest.

:thanks:
:ganjamon:
THE BUTCHER

Great post Butcher but those pails with built-in net pots have been have been available in basic black here in Canukistan for at least a decade. $14.99 was the last price I saw a few years ago. You still have to install your own air-stone and line tho. The set-up in your post is spot on keeping that air-line hole above the high water mark. No chance of leaks that way and a recommendation I heartily endorse! :bravo:

A decade ago DWC was scoffed at by even the pros of the day but is now embraced as one of the most productive and vigorous grow methods for the serious home grower and even many commercial growers.

So much easier than other methods IMO using spray nozzles and massive pumping power to achieve the same results.

Each to their own I guess and whatever floats one's boat is fine by me!

:peace:

I use the same principles in a dwc bubble cloner and it works very well. So far I have even managed to take sickly seedlings started in soil and place them in the bubble cloner to spur root growth before transplanting them back into soil. The system works!

plantpot4fun: Did u ever find out the cross for the alaskan thunder fuck?

No luck, I've seriosly looked through a thousand mags in the last month for it. No luck yet. I know its here stocked away. Is got details of the cross genetics when it started everything and anything you want to know about the ATF. Thats was about 10 years ago too..and I keep all my mags. So you can imagine the boxes. Wish me luck

plantpot4fun: Have u ever grown green houses version of the bubba kush?

Not yet. its in the works right now. Just have to see what my bean factory produces. If I have the room, then I will be growing the greenhouse version side by side w/ the 96 version of the Bubba Kush. I will do a small journal with the results from start to finish. The only down side is waiting for the G.H version to get big enough to trigger flowering. Outside of that I think the grow & journal will be watched by alot of people. I must clearify I'm not doing the comp grow to get down on Green House. I just want to see how it compares, cause I've spoken to quite a bit of growers here, who really want to see the grow. And see some results. Hey if their version is spot on. I'll tell you one thing that the sales of that strain will jump forsure. If not..Well then sorry Green House.:goodluck:

Thanx for all the great compliments all.:grinjoint:

Great post Butcher but those pails with built-in net pots have been have been available in basic black here in Canukistan for at least a decade. $14.99 was the last price I saw a few years ago. You still have to install your own air-stone and line tho. The set-up in your post is spot on keeping that air-line hole above the high water mark. No chance of leaks that way and a recommendation I heartily endorse! :bravo:

A decade ago DWC was scoffed at by even the pros of the day but is now embraced as one of the most productive and vigorous grow methods for the serious home grower and even many commercial growers.

So much easier than other methods IMO using spray nozzles and massive pumping power to achieve the same results.

Each to their own I guess and whatever floats one's boat is fine by me!

:peace:

:thanks:They have them at my buddies dro store too. the buckets are 5 and the lids' were 3 I think.. hes got lids with holes precut as well in various sizes. Its would have came out to about that much. + I like the whole DIY thing better anyways. And a big plus is 420Mag just opened up on the Do It Yourself forum, there is a ton of great new info on anything and everything in there for all the DIY folks. And anything that you cant get at your local store you can just order it from our 420 Magazine - Sponsors.(PLUG:rofl:)

Hey butch, Gotta quick ? For ya if u don't mind. I got 4fem. GWS mom's that I started from seed. gettin ready to clone for my. E n G, do u think I should take a cutting from each now and sex just to make sure they're fem. ? Or should I just go straight to the buckets with em? I have the time, space, and equipment to go ahead and do it, but don't wanna waste the time if its not needed. Also, if I do sex them, should I go 12/12 right into the cloner? Thanks bro.

Have the moms shown sex yet? If not you could take the cuttings, by the time the sex is shown, the clones sould be rooting. Honestly it wouldnt hurt to take cuttings, more then likely it would probably work out, time wise that is. Thats what I would do to be honest. Cause are you planning on waiting to show sex? and hypothetically speaking say they did turn male..Then you'll have to wait for a new mom anyways right? fem'd seeds are done not by chance, but by chemically induced sex change that forces the s>male to give off fem'd pollen. If you decide to take cuttings from each, be sure to mark them so you know which mom they come from. And its best to let your cuttings get established in their new enviorment before 12/12 occurs. So give them at the least 3-5 days to get their roots into their new home. I've gone stright 12/12 from clone, it wont hurt. But at the same time the extra 4 days will help. But thats up to you. Hope this helps..Ask away, its better to ask then not. :ganjamon:

No, they haven't shown sex yet. It shouldn't b too long though, I germed very end of feb. , so they're like 45 days or so. I LST'd and have good growth on all of them, so it won't b long till I have enough to fill all 24 buckets.thanks for the advice, ill go ahead and take the cuttings. Then I think I'm gonna go ahead and pop that bubba seed !

I stand corrected! After closer inspection I do see some lil hairs startin to poke their way out on at least 1 plant! And they've shown considerable growth since I checked on them at 8 this morning. I'm very pleased. To be honest I hadn't really looked that hard for pre flowers on these yet, and they're so damn bushy u can't see crap without lookin very closly, esp. Since I got them all tied up. Thanks butch. U made my day!

High Butcher

Not yet. its in the works right now. Just have to see what my bean factory produces. If I have the room, then I will be growing the greenhouse version side by side w/ the 96 version of the Bubba Kush. I will do a small journal with the results from start to finish. The only down side is waiting for the G.H version to get big enough to trigger flowering. Outside of that I think the grow & journal will be watched by alot of people. I must clearify I'm not doing the comp grow to get down on Green House. I just want to see how it compares, cause I've spoken to quite a bit of growers here, who really want to see the grow. And see some results. Hey if their version is spot on. I'll tell you one thing that the sales of that strain will jump forsure. If not..Well then sorry Green House.

I will watch this one for sure. thanks for doing it, when you can. :grinjoint:

Good info brother. I would be sure to watch as well. Sigh, maybe someday when I grow up, I can venture unto the "big" playground! lol. Our biggest drawback is the limited amount of space at the present. We are hoping to have enough saved up by summers end to get a place of our own further north. A nice 15-20 acre wooded lot to build on or buying an older house that we can setup the way we want. A pole barn would be a major plus!! Oh well, back to reality..lol. Picked up some new glass yesterday, a glass one-hitter, gonna get a lot of use out of it in the new boat. Keep up the great work brother.

Time to be honest. I've had to put The seed co. On the backburner till I get some things organized and revamped durring the summer. This time will allow me to familiarize myself w/ alot of laws that pertain to canna seeds, legalities, germination in the U.S..etc.etc.. So the timing is kinda perfect to be honest. But when it happens, all will know, thats forsure. Its a rare strain that been kept between a group of us. And when the time is just right, thats when the general public will get their hands on it. Til then I'll be sure to keep it in the journals. :ganjamon:

the problem butch, is that even the govt. doesn't even know whats legal and whats not with conflicting laws on the books from local to state to fed. It's gonna be a nightmre trying to sort it out.

On top of that it totally depends on who is in the big chair too. . . true the feds aren't prosecuting people following their state laws at the moment. . .

But look at someone like Marc Emery, Not a US citizen, Following his own countries laws, and depending on the guy in the big chair here, we try to extradite him to a foreign country to punish him for breaking laws that don't apply to him? For selling seeds that are legal in his country? The govt. thinks it can do anything it wants, it just doesn't want to prosecute at the moment.

One day we wont be run by hypocritical, self serving, vote-seeking assholes . . . err. . . eh. . shit I'm not gonna hold my breath on that one.

GL Bro, if you become legit, can I get a job? lol.

My state may get MMJ soon, but i wouldn't even dream of trying to become a producer, wouldn't even want to put my name in the game, things can change on a whim of a politician, and I would not want to be subject to those winds of change. . . who knows though, this country could be coming to its senses on this subject.

again, not holding my breath.

Yeah things can change. this isnt the first time we've been this close to leagalization. thats why its kinda perfect timing to take the time to get down into all our contries cannabis laws. Being told and knowing is 2 different things. My lawyer has told me about the laws, But I need to know them myself. Better safe then sorry is what I always say. Plus droppin 30 grand on a retainer is harder then most people think. And thats a drop in the proverbial bucket. And trust me I'm not one who has 30 extra geez sittin around. So with the help of the lawyers and spending countless hours in the law library will help to fix that. I'll be back in school here soon, after a long debate and the support of a great women(thank you wifey) I will be changing my line of work. It will be a career in Botany, so its time to really do things a whole different way. And the only way to do that, is to take things to another level by finishing college up with a degree in botany. I've changed my major before. But this time :rofl: is written in stone. So in all things are really meshing together well. The time studying the laws, school, growing, becoming grow support for 420mag and the support of wifey has all fallen in the same line, all this was my clue in what I should be doing in life.

Back
Top Bottom