The Joy Of Growing - SweetSue Goes Perpetual

I wish I could walk outside along the river in the rain. Sounds like a beautiful start to your day

Welcome little Spider mite, to my journal and to the greater :420: community. :welcome: Make yourself at home, feel free to ask anything. If we can help you in any way to find your way through our expansive virtual world, please let us know.

Yes, walking along that river is going to save me from a river of grief and help me move forward into my new life. Walking in the rain was just a bonus.

You know they make rain gear! Haha walking around in good rain gear is awesome. Man, I miss backpacking...disappearing into the drenched underbrush with a joint in hand. Totally unphased about the weather. You just keep walking and eventually you get where you're going.

Rain gear is for wusses. You're an Eagle Scout. You should know that. :laughtwo:

Daily Update:Perpetual Tent - Week 7

All that angst I put myself through yesterday, and when I opened the tent this morning she almost kissed me in thanks. Hahaha!

image27630.jpg

I secured her down to horizontal. Let everything else get the light now.

I do not suggest anyone try this at this stage of a plant's life. I was grieving and snapped. Exert more personal emotional control with your own plants. I got off easy. This could just as easily ended in disaster.

image27631.jpg

Frostiness ensues. :cheesygrinsmiley:

image27632.jpg

Auto Jock Horror x Auto Amnesia at Day 44.

image27633.jpg

image27635.jpg
-

Auto Destroyer at Day 46.

image27634.jpg

image27636.jpg

African Buzz at Day 45.

image27637.jpg

Now everyone is getting frosty. :laughtwo: :slide: :love:

image27638.jpg

Environmental control is reasonable. I'd be happier with more heat, but that will resolve itself when I kick on another light tomorrow.

image27639.jpg

Now I need your assistance.

I'm brand new to letting the plants get thirsty, so I'm counting in you all to be observant and help me catch this. When I first looked down the line my instinct was that the African Buzz (front and center in this photo) was the thirstiest, and may need that Energy Growth drench today instead of tomorrow. My instincts say the other two are fine. My question: in your opinion, will this African Buzz make it until tomorrow morning? This is my 100% Sativa. Don't want to mess it up. This may be a practice run but really, I want that smoke. :laughtwo:

image27640.jpg

It felt really good to do this update, almost like things were settling into a nice routine again. There was no maintenance called for in the tent today. This growing in two easy but outstanding soil mixes could get a girl spoiled. :battingeyelashes: I shall await the replies on the African Buzz before proceeding.

My day is already on a joyful path, and I'm going to assume that after all these months of training with me yours has found your own joyful path as well. Let's see what we can do about expanding the circles of influence. I'm going to start by getting righteously blazed. Most of you are likely ahead of me in that game. It is the weekend, after all. We don't grow it to look at it in the jars. Well, yes we do, but you get my drift. :rofl:

:Namaste:

Know what guys? I adore each and every one of you. :love: And I'm not even high yet. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm brand new to letting the plants get thirsty, so I'm counting in you all to be observant and help me catch this. When I first looked down the line my instinct was that the African Buzz (front and center in this photo) was the thirstiest, and may need that Energy Growth drench today instead of tomorrow. My instincts say the other two are fine. My question: in your opinion, will this African Buzz make it until tomorrow morning?
So hard for me to tell from a picture, especially with plants that are short and tight. What I can tell you, my plants exhibit thirst dramatically from the top down. Once the very tip(s) look "sleepy", the sandman travels downward pretty quickly. I'm not seeing it on yours, but once it begins and is obvious, the plant goes from good to wilty in maybe 4 hours. They can still go longer w/o hurting them, but you don't want to if you can avoid it. If you can get another look at them later today, I'd wait. Can you lift the pot and feel it "empty"?

And I'm not even high yet. :cheesygrinsmiley:
You need to fix that straight away.

So hard for me to tell from a picture, especially with plants that are short and tight. What I can tell you, my plants exhibit thirst dramatically from the top down. Once the very tip(s) look "sleepy", the sandman travels downward pretty quickly. I'm not seeing it on yours, but once it begins and is obvious, the plant goes from good to wilty in maybe 4 hours. They can still go longer w/o hurting them, but you don't want to if you can avoid it. If you can get another look at them later today, I'd wait. Can you lift the pot and feel it "empty"?

You need to fix that straight away.

They're light as air Major. Reading your post I think it should be ok, but I will check later.

Working on that attitude change right now. :cheesygrinsmiley:

They're light as air Major. Reading your post I think it should be ok, but I will check later.

Working on that attitude change right now. :cheesygrinsmiley:

If they feel like air, it is probably time - or at least very soon. When mine felt like that, less than a day and they needed their drink.

If you can't keep a close eye on them, I'd give it to them now. Sounds like you are close enough.

Mornin Sue....About your GR temps. you said a few posts ago that your GR temps are 77F...that's just about perfect girl....hell...it is perfect. Why do you want more heat....between 75-80 F is right on the money...over 80 F and your starting to get a lil too warm. Not that they can't take it , cuz they will ,but , if i was you ,i would try and maintain that 75-80 you have....it's perfect for indoors. If you get it much hotter you may run into other enviro issues...just sayin Ok...Cheers and have an awesome day eh! :circle-of-love:

Mornin Sue....About your GR temps. you said a few posts ago that your GR temps are 77F...that's just about perfect girl....hell...it is perfect. Why do you want more heat....between 75-80 F is right on the money...over 80 F and your starting to get a lil too warm. Not that they can't take it , cuz they will ,but , if i was you ,i would try and maintain that 75-80 you have....it's perfect for indoors. If you get it much hotter you may run into other enviro issues...just sayin Ok...Cheers and have an awesome day eh! :circle-of-love:

Thanks Duggan. I was just getting ready to research this, and you saved me that rooting around. *Kiss*

Why thankyou Sue....i needed that lil kiss. Ya don't fret over your GR temps....they're right where they should be. When you add another light the temp will go up....but just a couple degrees , so you'le still be around high 70's low 80's. If you added a HPS or MH fixture the temps at this point would shoot up to the mid 90's.....arn't led's nice...i just love em girl....don't have to always be worried about the high heat issues associated with the summer use of H.I.D. lights anymore wooo hooo!

Also your RH is just a tad bit high for bloom. 66% isn't a bad high but along with it never going under 50 in the last 48hrs is borderline. Between 30% - 50% is optimum for flowering. Your temps are perfecto! I wish mines were that stable. Between 70F - 85F is optimum.

IMG_00014644.jpg

Also your RH is just a tad bit high for bloom. 66% isn't a bad high but along with it never going under 50 in the last 48hrs is touchy. Between 30% - 50% is optimum for flowering. Your temps are perfecto! I wish mines were that stable. Between 70F - 85F is optimum.

IMG_00014644.jpg

Hey BAR...re check your numbers bud....30-50F ? Way too low....did you mean RH numbers....ya prolly. Cheers pal.

I know it must amaze you guys that I know so little about growing cannabis that I'm unfamiliar with the basics like relative humidity and temps. Look back over my history, you find that I was given a plant to save and I threw it up under the regular cool T12s that we had Dale's Nepenthes under until it formed pistils and I realized it needed more light.

After finding 420 Magazine I set up my tiny closet, fully expecting to finish out that first sad plant and be done with it. That turned into the Tiny Closet grow that gave us Buddha and The Bomb. That closet had zilch environmental control. I was so focused on Dale and trying to keep him alive that those beautiful specimens raised themselves, once I discovered the SWICK.

I broke all the rules and still got the prize. Not just any half-assed, at-least-I-didn't-have-to-pay-for-this-high prize either. I'm talking prime product, grown in an open closet, under CFLs for goodness sake! So I got away with not worrying about things like mastering the wet/dry cycle. I surprised everyone by ignoring environment and still banging out the blossoms and the trichomes. It was heady times. It was luck in action. One doesn't continue on the path of success by ignoring the basics, even if it appears you are blessed.

I said all that to encourage the type of "hey Susan" that Duggan just did for me. Please do NOT assume that I know what I'm doing and you will offend me by pointing out the glaringly obvious. No ego to speak of here. I give you my word.

If there were a "curtsy" emoticon, it would be right here. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Just my $.02 and you way over paid... but per KingJohnC the perfect temp is 86... I will admit I don't like to run that hot but I do run between 78-84 and always have with no issues.... Just sayin'.....:circle-of-love:

See, this is what was stuck in my brain Dennise, and come to think of it, it may be King John's incessant banging this point home that made it stick there. I was shooting for around 82. That sounded fair for me. So, what's our consensus?

I honestly try and stick right about 82... It doesn't seem to hot nor does it seem to cool for me... Of course with lights out I am now down to about 66-68 with my wonderful new a/c unit in that room but in my ever be it so humble opinion.... 82 is my mark to shoot for.... and I will admit Broke Ass... that 91 would freak me right out.....:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom