The MedManhattan Project - 1080W LEDs - Scrog Adventure

Great update, full breakdown of the whole shebang. Thanks for the nice read and good info. And pics... Omg they look good! That's a great idea to measure the temps all over the room, I'll start doing that. I've got an obsession with buying thermo/hygrometers, I got like 6. I think it's because my first day inaccurate do now I keep getting more to make sure they are all accurate. Lol. Ocd at its finest.

KiG :green_heart:cheers
:thanks: and you are :welcome: It is still so new for me I thought I would write a journal for the me of last year. Kind of a "Noobs guide to Medicine Man" not a blind leading the blind but more of an objective recording. My last grow was a largely a failure if I didnt take away a ton of lessons from it. There was alot of pics and stuff of "common knowlege" that I wanted to include having just learned those things myself. I am learning with everyone here so I can review my perfomance and put up the grow for peer review and critique. The interwebs at its finest imo. :volcano-smiley:

I understand your obsession. these are in addition to the 6 I presently read :reading420magazine:
ocd.jpg

these are for the new veg area and I am turning the clone closet into the seed and breed room.

I also own 6 Caliber IV cigar hygrometers for curing purposes.

Is it excessive? :blunt:not for me :goof:

I took the weekly brix reading two hours after sun up on day 48, it is still slowly going up which makes me :yahoo:

Brix:tommy:
Loretta =16
Neo =17

This will be the last brix reading until harvest. I only have one more feeding before the flush. Watts done is done at this point, I can only picture my havest perfect at this point and work on the clones. Speaking of clones. These are 55 days from cut and have just been FIMed for the 3rd time with once a week LST. The idea in my head is to have upside down xmas trees to stick under the scrog net with minimal effort. Both the Primes were trained this way then 1 week before flower I cut the first 4 branches up from the base for clones. I will only take 4 clones from a Loretta clone and 4 clones from a Neo. Hopefully by this point I will have lab analysis of the two different phenos to know which one or both I want to keep. Crossing that bridge then .

day_47_clones_3rd_FIM_Lots_of_LST.jpg

This is 3 of the 6 in the closet. I have 4 neos and 2 Lorettas. I also just purchased a GSC auto from our friends at Herbies to give a try. But mostly I am going to be trying to perfect the growing of these two mothers or just one depending on the charachteristics of the smoke. I even wonder if Loretta would be a good grow for me in the summer due to the smaller and longer buds not being as affected by the stifiling humidity here.

Pics of the Diff of Leaf Structure :bigtoke:

day_47_diff_phenos.jpg

This flower was the last one to go from 39" under the light on day 36 , I hung it in a filing cabinet and just remembered it tonight :rofl:
day_47_day39_bud.jpg

Tonight I also did some more of the technique I learned on light addicts(LA) thread about back building on Loretta prime. She has the more budsites but less density of flower.

Chop
day_47_snip.jpg

the amount cut
day_47_snip2.jpg

I cut several of the colas and put small flags of duck tape on the lower stems, that way I can recognize them during harvest and record the results. Excited to see and photograph. :volcano-smiley:

Night
F/Canopy---74.5--50%
Inlet---68.0--70%
Outside---68.2--60%
V/Canopy---71.8--70%

Day 48

F/Canopy---80.9--50%
Inlet---67.9--69%
Outside---59.5--72%
V/Canopy---74.3--66%
Leaf Surface--78.5

I also found Velmas birth certificate, she is a Royal Queen Feminized
Day_46_002.jpg

:Namaste: yall

END TRANSMISSION.........................

:Namaste: & welcome to Day 49 of Flower

Neo
Day_49_Neo_Peace.jpg

airwolf shot
Day_49_Airwolf.jpg

The seed mothers starting to bloom a few weeks before the stud
Its L2 in the back and N1 in the front. L2 is at 2 weeks into bloom and N1 is 1 day.
Day_49_L2_bACK_N1_forground.jpg

Night
F/Canopy---73.5--53%
Inlet---66.8--70%
Outside---65--70%
V/Canopy---69.7--70%

Day 49

F/Canopy---80.0--50%
Inlet---66.6--69%
Outside---55.5--75%
V/Canopy---70.5--70%
Leaf Surface--77.5

Shot of Velma (AH), she is not going to produce as much as her bigger cousins but her flowers draw my eyes far more then the larger two (MM)'s:bigtoke:

Day_49_Velma.jpg

:peacetwo:

:bong:side notes: the reason I changed to EC rather then ppm to describe my solutions is because I recently learned tha EC is a measurment and ppm is a calculation that varies depending on manufacturer. So in interest of keeping standardized I will be using EC from now on.

BabyPic from Dec
MM less then a week old
day_7_last_day_of_the_cfl.jpg

:Namaste:Just got back from my weekly acupuncture treatment, its a hour walk both ways so I have alot of time to think. I wanted to add a bit a information about this strain and why I chose it. First some info that wasnt on the package that I plundered online;

"The Indica effects of this hybrid are very strong, and new users are advised to be cautious. The happy high is not overwhelming, and many users feel focused, but the body numbing can bring on a very lazy effect. Negative effects usually include dry eyes and mouth, but some users may also experience paranoia or headache.

The strong sedative effects of this strain are often used to treat chronic aches and pains and migraines. For others, Medicine Man is great for reducing stress or anxiety. The strain is also prescribed to treat nausea. The extremely high amount of cannabinoids is believed to prevent seizures.

Medicine Man's genetics were first prototyped under the name White Rhino. The strain has since been perfected, and the final result is a descendant of the Widow family, crossed with a strong Afghanistan landrace Indica. It flowers for around eight weeks. For the best results, this strain should be grown indoors and given a lot of care and attention."

I started consuming cannabis to combat PTSD and chronic muscle and nerve pain. I have the same story of multiple pill bottles a day to a few tokes a day that many on here have. It took me almost a year of plugging through different strains to find the right combination of nerve blocking,muscle relaxing, mind soothing and anti anxiety properties in a strain that I require. I journaled every type and kept a close eye on my reactions, this being common place to me after having to monitor so many "western drug" side effects. I soon realized I was an indica smoker and that my threshold of a hybrid typically sat around 30% sativa. I then found that the closer I got to smoking landrace genetics, the easier it was for me to pick out the effects I desired. Like tasting food, a clafoutis is delicious yet to know the essence of black cherry you must put it on your palate alone first. So using this pragmatic meadering I arrived at Medicine Man as proof that not all who wander are lost. Some may find this process of finding effective treatment laborious and troublesome, I like cannabis in my therapy regiment because it is exactly these things. It is those things , the labor and love of discovery I enjoy the most. Nothing of worth was ever discovered without a bit of trouble imo. If you made it this far I salute you:cheer: lol :thanks: and :Namaste:

-------//........===:volcano-smiley:Begin transmission.............

:Namaste: and welcome to day 50's trich check

Neo
day_50_Neo_trich.jpg

Loretta
day_50_Neo_trich_1.jpg

all clear so yay, still growing.

I know I put this flower in every update but I am as taken by her as Jason and his argonauts were to the sirens.....
the buds are becoming solid with golf ball density and a pungent odor that floats me along.

Velma
day_50_Velma.jpg

whole garden
day_50_whole_room.jpg

good night:volcano-smiley:

-----------------..............:volcano-smiley:....""""start transmission

Velma
Day_53_Velma.jpg

:Namaste: and welcome to Day 53 update, room has been moving along, Neo continues to be "the one" while Loretta just seems okay. Loretta seemed to suffer from the N def more then Neo. I wonder if that N def is attributting to her smaller flowers then her sister or if that is just her nature, her leaf structure was quite different as was her growth rate. If her meds are not heads and tails over Neo she will recieve no more artificially made photons.

Day
F/Canopy --- 81--47%
Inlet---68.1--65%
Outside---59.6--64%
V/Canopy---72.3--58%

Night
F/Canopy---72.3--51%
Inlet---66.9--62%
Outside---68--40%
V/Canopy---73.3-56%

Leaf Surface--- 78.7
Neo1
Day_53_Neo.jpg

h. winkler stops in to bump the grow tent
Day_53_Thumb.jpg

On the morning of Day 51 they recieved a feeding

:morenutes:
36 L Water
160 ml Buddah Bloom
30 ml Cal-Mag
30 ml Silica Blast
45 ml Ph Up
:morenutes:

EC --- 1.5 -- I figure I throw a big number at em for the last feeding, its fasting time for these ladies from now on i think.
PH--- 6.4

Soil Ph--- 6.4 -- (sample taken day 51 prefeed and mixed 1 part soil to 3 part distilled water/agitated twice a day while placed in the dark for 48 hours then strained through a paper coffee filter and read with a Ph stick )

I think I am going to finish with just ph filtered water till chop, any advice would be welcome here. Today is day 53 of a (breeder estimate) 56 to 65 day flower, maybe only 10% of trich heads were milky. Seems like a good idea to me, that makes a 12 day flush so about 3 waterings. Is that enough or to much, will I have to flush more right before chop, am I making a big deal out of nothing, you can smack me if you want:grinjoint::rofl::thanks: for stopping by and :Namaste::helpsmilie:

.................-----------:bigtoke:

end transmission

:party:Hello and welcome to Day 56:party:

:bigtoke:Today is the first day of suggested flower window:cheer:

I have been hard at work this week getting another 6x3x5 foot space ready for my breeding foray.
Day_55_r_room.jpg
Day_55_Left_Room.jpg

The new room is in the same area as my flower tent. During construction I have not wanted to open the flower tent for pics, as basement construction can tend to bring out all sorts of crawleys and winged things ;)

Long and short no flower photos until building is done.
I have to skin it and and fashion some doors still,
The havac and wiring is all done. I ran some new 14/3 romex w/ armor and put a new gfci outlet and also breaker in the box. Full breakdown coming when complete. I used to dread pulling wire in a house, that was before I had to replace a modern motorcycle harness.......... I now love pulling house wire :grinjoint::rofl:

:roorrip:Attack of the Clones(a better journal than movie...hopefully)
First day in soil
clone_20_days1.jpg

after the males have revealed themselves
after_the_clone_culling_day_7.jpg

the bone yard
the_boneyard_day_8.jpg

day 63 from cut(today)
Day_60_clone1.jpg

they had a massive defoil last night after a holiday double at the restaurant, happy zombie day....so i was so medicated I forgot to take pics, as far as the G8 LED bulbs, they work to supplement the H/O T-5 very well, I notice improved vigor and growth in whatever plant is placed in that front center position. I have a bunch of these bulbs and plan on making some custom side lighting fixtures out of them (some day)

In lieu of flower photos I have pulled these from the archives

Day 7, last day of CFL
day_7_last_day_of_the_cfl2.jpg

i liked the lines of refraction in this one

Day 12, after 5 days of LED
good_dated_led_pic.jpg

I cant wait to veg solely under LED, they plants are so much more meatier.

Day 14 roots force migration
switch_to_led.jpg

I think I have to water the primes this evening when they wake up, if so I will try and get some trich check photos as we are entering the finishing phase.

again :thanks: all who wander in(and those here on purpose:circle-of-love:) and may today be a most excellent adventure for you. :Namaste:

-----------------///////////////////.............0110001
01101 ,,.........................................................,,--------//:bong:start transmission

:Namaste: and welcome to Day 57

I thermasheathed and skinned most of the new box today
day_57_thermasheath.jpg
day_57_full_wrap.jpg

I hope to have it finished tomorrow, I am going to try a technique for making D shaped doors by cutting out triangles on one half of a zipper door..............:nomo:

My siren flower Velma
day_57_Velma.jpg

Neo
day_57_Neo.jpg

L1 day 14 since flower, she had a rough life prior to flower, i am just happy she is
green and alive
day_57_L1_Distance_test_day_14_flower.jpg

Loretta started in with the N def symptoms big time, like she is shutting down here is a bottom bud trich
from her
Day_56_Loretta_bottom_bud_tric.jpg

Her is a trich pic of Velma (AH)
Day_57_Velma_trich.jpg

:thanks:

:bong://///////////////////.0011001011100...............................----------------------------001101--

end transmission...-============///////###

:bigtoke:I forgot the measured data , how many jobs is too many is a hard question for me

Day 57

Day
F/Canopy --- 78.9--46%
Inlet---66.7--62%
Outside---56.1--57%
V/Canopy---73.1--61%

Leaf Surface--- 76.5

Night
F/Canopy---68.7--50%
Inlet---66.2--58%
Outside---64.5--29%
V/Canopy---72.9-53%

I fed the ladies in the flower room this morning , the trichs are still half clear so :morenutes:
Wow I cant believe the massive difference between Neo and Lorettas nutrient needs. Loretta needs so much more......
day_57_loretta_stress.jpg

she looks sad to me

37 l Water
50 ml Beasti Bloomz
10 ml Golden Tree
15 ml Silica Blast
EC= .63
PH=6.04

I fed the ladies in the clone closet this

11 l Water
15 ml Grow Big
10 ml Cal Mag
7 ml Silica Blast

EC=.3
PH=6.2

:Namaste: and welcome to Day 58 trichcome check

the smallest and lowest (cut on day 56)
Day_56_size_pic.jpg

:volcano-smiley:flower cut and hung for 36 hours
Day_56_bud_shot.jpg

Still looking pretty clear in this pic
day_56_Loretta_trich.jpg

Several others revealed much the same. I observed about 10-18% milky, 2% amber, 80 % clear heads. While I was reading up on them I came across a couple of cool diagrams
trichome_breakdown.jpg

&
trichome_cell.jpg

Enviroment

Day 4:20 am
F/Canopy---78.1--48%
Inlet---66.7--65%
Outside---57.8--69%
V/Canopy---67.8--61%

Leaf Temp-77.5

Night 4:20pm
F/Canopy---72.5--49%
Inlet---66.0--65%
Outside---65.1--63%
V/Canopy---70.1--60%

I also almost finished the new genetics box, 500w total enviroment consumption
Day_58_gene_room_2_.jpg

Day_58_gene_room.jpg

A new floor and a door and it will be ready to accept my closet refugees.

Thanks for stopping by :passitleft:

:bigtoke::Namaste: and welcome to Day 59

i left one of the leds 85w veg settings in the background for this picture of Velma 1980's purpled polaroid style
Day_59_Velma_1970_era.jpg

speaking of purps loretta is starting to show a little on the way out, the crazy humidity has broken and temps in the room during the day and night have dropped 5 to 7 degrees on average.
Day_59_purps_on_loretta.jpg

Neo is the one, it says i chooo chooo chooose you and there is a picture of a train
Day_59_neo_papertowel_this_one.jpg

when i push her flowers around they feel like an upside down 1 wood swinging in the breeze, its a strange and wonderful thing to witness.
:passitleft:

Loretta has so many more budsites but hers are not as solid as Neos....i dont know if it was a me thing or a her thing i just am starting to have second thoughts about this relationship
Day_59_Loretta.jpg

lucky for me she has a terminal condition and our differences will be resolved the old fashion way.... a roping and a hanging

That being said she could make up for the density difference with sheer numbers of flowers, they all are pretty and substantial in thier own way.

This is the one sub canopy flower from loretta after a 3 day dry
Day_59_lora_day_56_cut_3_day_dry.jpg

Velma is really pulling in all her pistils it seems way before her purported time of harvest
Day_59_Velma.jpg
, i am tempted to go cut a flower off her and scope it right now....:volcano-smiley:, yep now this will be cool.. for me time will pass but for you, you will have traveled into the future. Welcome to time travel on a budget

----------///////////------................../,,,

----------==////,,,,,,,,,,,,,<<< sub space transmission recieved

:bigtoke:

ahhhI went and lopped a flower off of velma, a nice square nug 1x1"
day_59_2_velma_2.jpg

couldnt see it under the LEDs but she is getting some sweet lavendar raceing stripes as well
day_59_2_velma1.jpg

day_59_2_velma_bud3.jpg

so i put here under the mic
day_59_velma_bud4.jpg

day_59_velma_bud_5.jpg

its tough to see here due to the lighting, it is starting to cloud up in a lot of places, she seems to be finishing with rather then after her indica den fellows...:hmmmm:

:bongrip:

Heres some numbers

Enviroment

Day
F/Canopy---80.7--45%
Inlet---67.9--65%
Outside---58.6--70%
V/Canopy---75.5--64%

Leaf Surface

Night
F/Canopy---72.7--47%
Inlet---66.9--64%
Outside---63.7--59%
V/Canopy---70.8--65%

no real news to report today, I am excited to see the weight and quality of smoke difference between the too Medicine Man pheno types, Neo she has stolen my heart with her voracity and girth yet the subtle charms of the too many tops to count of Loraetta hold some appeal to me as well. (totally countable, insert levity here) They also appear to be trimming and manicuring themselves..... a strange an awesome blessing. Trimming is my arch nemesis (She has also been described as the daughter of Nyx alone. Her cult may have originated at Smyrna.)*source wiki sub sub note(i used to surf New Smyrna Beach in Floridia all the time, sharks are the nemesis there, lots and lots of sharks, good bbq in that area :surf::tokin: holy smokes I am rambling.
My apologies my nemesis is truely my neck and jaw, having had my jaw shattered and my neck broken
the neck down or eye down postition of trimming are, well lets just say the mind is willing but the body oh the body, she has other ideas. So the closer they are to smokeable when they come off the plant the better. It strange as a chef some of my favorite zen moments where doing mindless task like shelling fava beans or making duxelle. It gave the hands something positive to do whilst the mind could wander and arrange the days thoughts. I would like to get this same pleasure manicuring and trimming cannabis, unfortunately that is not to be.....yet.

:Namaste:

Man trimming sucks... always has and will... I get so jealous of the folks that love it.. I try, get bowls and scissors, music, cones, ounce in and I'm over it, lol..

Man trimming sucks... always has and will... I get so jealous of the folks that love it.. I try, get bowls and scissors, music, cones, ounce in and I'm over it, lol..
its like doing the dishes, i am going to be doing it for the rest of my life so my goal becomes to learn how to enjoy it :passitleft: like taking a :bigtoke:
and going for a run :thumb:

Grizz on the trimming idea, in a post prohibition society there will be (hopfully)specialty trimming shops where you can take your wares to have them manicured, much like the butcher of old. I am a romantic idealist, but it helps with the harsh contrast reality provides. :bong:

No doubt at all, once it's legal, for sure it would be a business... I still think we gotta work out a way to enjoy it firsts, cause this pessimist idealist sees many years ahead trimming :passitleft: and that's the harsh reality :passitleft::rofl::rofl:

No doubt at all, once it's legal, for sure it would be a business... I still think we gotta work out a way to enjoy it firsts, cause this pessimist idealist sees many years ahead trimming :passitleft: and that's the harsh reality :passitleft::rofl::rofl:

I cannot tell a lie, I have been experimenting with excessive defoil since I started this grow my own a little over a year ago, and the girls are not this light of leaf naturally. I want to find a balance, from what I have read, because we supply ample nutrients in a perfect enviroment that the plants do not need as many storage conversion factories. :tokin: Makes sense in my brain pan. I dont know if I am hurting anything, but that is the nice thing about being a noob, I have no fear because my failures (as long as they are documented and not repeated) are still making me a better grower. I will be lab testing these and have been in contact with the breeder(his assistant really) so I can tell roughly the paramenters that the numbers should fall in. Then the idea is to start playing with one factor at a time during each grow to see what it does to the lab findings. I once heard a quote on the radio from some old jazz musician, :theband: " if your dreams can be completed in one life time......:cool: then your not dreaming big enough." name unknown. I think I can tinker in this realm for a good long time.

:Namaste: and welcome to day 60

started the day with :morenutes:

23 L water
30 ml Tiger Bloom
30 ml Cal-Mag
30 ml Silica Blast
60 ml Buddah Bloom
7 ml Ph Up

EC .43
PH 6.3

This was fed to L1, L2, & N1, its a bit heavier then I did the primes as I am hoping to fend off the early yellowing of leaf due to malnourished soil.

Plain filtered water with a ph of 6.2 was given to Loretta, Neo, and Velma. Velma is going to finish before either Neo or Loretta, I will be chopping her mid next week and leaving some small growth at the bottom to reveg. Not having tried the smoke I cannot tell if she will be worth it. But I am in love with her and the choice has been made to reveg her. I had sucess last summer with a friends purple erkle he had abused and brought to me to fix. Ending up getting some very choice pain killing flowers for his knees out of a plant he thought he had lost.

I tried some different lighting after seeing the different colors of the flowers out of the room yesterday and I am really excited to get them into natural light before I harvest them.

Velma
Day_60_velma_close.jpg

I am not quite capturing what I am seeing but it gives me another discipline to monkey with.

Loretta
Day_60_getting_there.jpg

Day_60_lora_natural.jpg

Neo
Day_60_Neo.jpg

L1 experiment in 3w LED distance
Day_L1_distance_experiment.jpg

she is 3" off the floor and the light is 8" from the ceiling

N1 Brood Queen
Day_60_N1_seed_brood.jpg

she had just done a dry cycle before this pic and is all perked up at the time of this transmission
:bong:

here are some numbers

Enviroment

Day
F/Canopy---80.2--46%
Inlet---66.9--65%
Outside---56.2--72%
V/Canopy---71.8--63%

Night
F/Canopy---73.8--48%
Inlet---67.0--64%
Outside---65.4--55%
V/Canopy---70.2--68%

I am pretty sure my clones are becoming root bound so I am excited to get the room harvested and get them in some big pots and healing under the sweet healing diode produced rays.
Day_60_Rise_of_the_clones.jpg

:thanks: for stopping by :Namaste:

------------------/////...................-==-----------..///

/////////////..................---------end transmission

:bong:--------------------------//////////////////////////////////////''''''''''''''''''...............................................
....................///////@@@@..... :bigtoke: begin transmission

:Namaste: and Welcome to Day 64

a bit has transpired since Day 60
Day_64_Velmas_stump.jpg

Velma got the gallows before the electric sun poked its head up on the morn of day 63

I set up my ergo station
Day_64_my_trim_station.jpg

I am thinking of making a standing station that I can use to help with the neck and back strain,also a core ball? maybe....:volcano-smiley:
this is good for now though
This is maybe 1/5 of the plant matter, after bud washing, it filled two shelves on my drying rack so I was very pleasently suprised. Even the subcanopy flowers (a few were left on her) were dense and hefty.

I have a little bit of green left on the plant and its still pumping it flush water out lilke a still beating heart.
Day_64_reveg_velma.jpg

My beans from ! Buy Cannabis Seeds - Worldwide Delivery - Herbies Marijuana Seeds have arrived. They will be planted when the "gene" box is done.
Day_64_seeds.jpg

Loretta Prime will be getting the axe before lights tonight
this is the lowest bud
Day_64_Loretta_start_3_day_count.jpg

Lorettas walking the greenish yellow mile
Day_64_Loretta_last_supper_whole_room.jpg

Neo Prime, I start her flush predawn tonight
Day_64_Neon_Pantsuit.jpg

This is the first Neo (N1 or brood queen, from here out) clone in the tent
Day_64_N1_spaceing.jpg

her flower developement is so much faster and thicker with much tighter spaceing then Loretta:passitleft:

L1 and L2 are doing well, these have both been growing way out of the lights and now I have them directly under lights
Day_64_Lora_node_space.jpg

the two pictures above illustrate the internodal difference of the two, Neo is a stacker, Lora is a strecher.

:tokin:
I havent used my scale in almost 7 months, but when it came out of its box it would not tare at all......:thedoubletake:

I will not have a wet wieght report of the Amnesia Haze, I will have a dry. I do have a smell report that i came up with while trimming. 1 lime...2 anise and sweet....like smoked fennel honey 3 pine

I am hoping that she is good for my hike and PT sessions, keep me motivated and moving.

I was reading that tasting the sap of your plants is a pretty good way to know when they have been decently flushed, as viceral person who loves to use his sense of taste to measure stuff this idea holds promise for me. I did it on velma and the taste of the sap totally changed from the start of the flushing to the end. 5 gallon fabric pot flushed with 2 gal 75 degree nute lock ph filtered h20, in my brain pan and in several articles I have read this should have had the effect of making a solution of the leftover salts making easier for me to leach it with the then 5 gallons of PH 6.2. I am hoping that this pulled a large amount of the remaining salts from the medium and leaving only fresh low ec water in the soil . My taste buds agreed to this method as I noticed a distict change in the flavor of the sap and also I measured the runoff of each gallon and watched the ec of the run off solution start small move high and then become low again, indicating a good flushing cycle. I will see if I can get it down even lower in three days when I do it again.

438 ec first flush,
668 ec second flush.
1688 ec third flush
1467 ec fourth flush,
887 ec fifth flush.

I stopped here because this was far to much stooping for crane. :morenutes:but i pulled enough numbers that next time I run it I will look for repeating patterns or not.

L3 made it into a new pot and into the flower room yesterday
Day_64_L3.jpg

Thanks for stopping by, :high-five: &:Namaste:

Awesome stooping... :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom