The Quest For A Kilo

Hey mono what makes u wanna grow the critical hog again?? Was it potent?? I've had experience with one critical strain and am liking it's structure.

Hey bud, good question :). The final product was really good, but the deal breaker for me is how easy it is to grow. It's mould resistant, and responds well to pushing the feed quite high. Short stature in veg, with a quick flowering time and really good yields.

It's the best 'commercial' (quick flowering, high yielding) strain I've come across to date :)

So it's now the end of 12/12 day 51 and all is well.

She has another couple of days of pk 13/14 ahead of her then plain water to the end .

420-magazine-mobile1553102277.jpg
420-magazine-mobile307745054.jpg
420-magazine-mobile656629135.jpg
420-magazine-mobile181196138.jpg

And in the veg tent

420-magazine-mobile1599122577.jpg

The clone of the big girl (the next big girl to be)

420-magazine-mobile127253508.jpg

And I cleaned up the reveged plant, removed the remaining old buds and some of the clustered growth.

Before
420-magazine-mobile971381449.jpg

After
420-magazine-mobile1858191212.jpg

Hey Pat!

That's exactly it fella, only having the one plant allows you to focus all your attention on her and give her the best quality of life throughout the grow. When I ran multiple plants, I'd always have a favourite that got a little more attention. Now there is just one plant to focus on :)

What medium are you using for your 30litre pot? If your going coco, that will grow one heck of a plant.

Wazzup Mr Mono :passitleft: LoL me and my friend always discuss it, he is a many strains type of bloke but I prefer the one planter. This last grow I had two fem plants and I had a favourite out of them too, not that it is a good thing though but it is what it is jip I am going with 100% coco, gonna be using the BioBizz Grow, Bloom, might add fishmix still but will think about that, adding silica and then my calmag. Hopefully my little light can run a plant in that 30L pot. Should be a 90cm x 90cm screen

Wazzup Mr Mono :passitleft: LoL me and my friend always discuss it, he is a many strains type of bloke but I prefer the one planter. This last grow I had two fem plants and I had a favourite out of them too, not that it is a good thing though but it is what it is jip I am going with 100% coco, gonna be using the BioBizz Grow, Bloom, might add fishmix still but will think about that, adding silica and then my calmag. Hopefully my little light can run a plant in that 30L pot. Should be a 90cm x 90cm screen

What is the silica and what does it do?

Well, well.

Tomorrow we come to the end of 8 weeks on 12/12. (Day 56) she is coming close to being ready for harvest, so I may or may not take her down at the weekend .

Anyway, some pics until tomorrow

420-magazine-mobile851108229.jpg
420-magazine-mobile670490824.jpg

Excuse my ignorance. I'm sure you've posted it already but what ppms were you feeding her at towards the end?

Excuse my ignorance. I'm sure you've posted it already but what ppms were you feeding her at towards the end?

No idea fella, I don't even so much as pH the water anymore. Not to sound big headed, but I find it easier to give her what she needs by eye.

She was being fed canna coco A and B @ 15ml each to 10 litres of water each day.

Last 7 days have been PK 13/14 @ 10ml per 10 litres of water every second day, alternating with 5 litres of plain water and some cal mag.

She is starting to yellow on the leaves now (happy days) so depending on how long I let her go (max before forced harvest is another 10 days) I may hit her again with some PK 13/14...

I hear you my man. That's how I am in hydro. Just getting a feel for the coco. I'm also using Canna AB. I'm at about 10ml per 4L. (I go by gallons tho) 2 gallons a day. I don't see any problems so I haven't upped it yet. I've read no more than 10 is needed. Just wondering if that was true or not. You've got some hefty flowers to feed

I hear you my man. That's how I am in hydro. Just getting a feel for the coco. I'm also using Canna AB. I'm at about 10ml per 4L. (I go by gallons tho) 2 gallons a day. I don't see any problems so I haven't upped it yet. I've read no more than 10 is needed. Just wondering if that was true or not. You've got some hefty flowers to feed

Not sure to be honest, I've always erred on the side of caution as it's a pain in the ass to correct over feeding.

My rule of thumb is - if you notice a small amount of nute burn at the tips of the leaves, you've pushed the plant as far as she wants to go nutrient wise, without doing any harm.

I've always thought I'm maybe under feeding and could be seeing bigger buds if I feed more, not sure though lol

Not sure to be honest, I've always erred on the side of caution as it's a pain in the ass to correct over feeding.

My rule of thumb is - if you notice a small amount of nute burn at the tips of the leaves, you've pushed the plant as far as she wants to go nutrient wise, without doing any harm.

I've always thought I'm maybe under feeding and could be seeing bigger buds if I feed more, not sure though lol

She's has zero nute burn. Looking nice a lush. Haven't lost a leaf yet. If anything I'll give her a little more p-k

Why two days in the dark before harvest?

We have some amber trichs on the big girl this morning! . so i flipped the light off, she's going to get a day or two in the dark then it's harvest time :).

I'll do a big final update of her after work tonight before she gets the chop. .

Exciting times brother!! Hoping you have hit your mark!!

Back
Top Bottom