Themaddabber's Hempy Bucket Bathtub Grow 2017

Beautiful and plenty of bud sites! Just a question though. Why didn't you give her more time to allow vertical growing even 3 inches? You would have had more yields for just a bit more vertical height. Am I wrong?
OG kush is a very apical grower. So the top colas are the main producers, and the plant dosent provide too much elsewhere. Less training would have yielded less main tops, but could have increased yield? Can't say for sure yet. I haven't run it before. I plant to let the clone in veg grow much more vertical to compare.

I can say that training them any less may not have have resulted in an even canopy, and would have likely made my scrog.... not a true scrog. Not to criticize those who let their plants go vertical after flip, but a true scrog is trained through stretch to ensure a flat canopy.

So I guess the answer to your quesetion is not necessarily....

3 inches more of vertical growth would rob me of something like 10 more apical / "top" nugs. Maybe more. And each of those tops gets pure unshadowed light. If that same growth was another few inches lower and shaded by other growth, it likely wouldn't produce the same amount, and definitely not the same quality. In my opinion. But again I can't say for certain that one way or the other would yield better or worse, as the question is very strain dependant, and comes down to preference in smoke.

At a point training (lst and hst) stop providing more yield, but will always provide more consistently quality nuggage.

OG kush is a very apical grower. So the top colas are the main producers, and the plant dosent provide too much elsewhere. Less training would have yielded less main tops, but could have increased yield? Can't say for sure yet. I haven't run it before. I plant to let the clone in veg grow much more vertical to compare.

I can say that training them any less may not have have resulted in an even canopy, and would have likely made my scrog.... not a true scrog. Not to criticize those who let their plants go vertical after flip, but a true scrog is trained through stretch to ensure a flat canopy.

So I guess the answer to your quesetion is not necessarily....

3 inches more of vertical growth would rob me of something like 10 more apical / "top" nugs. Maybe more. And each of those tops gets pure unshadowed light. If that same growth was another few inches lower and shaded by other growth, it likely wouldn't produce the same amount, and definitely not the same quality. In my opinion. But again I can't say for certain that one way or the other would yield better or worse, as the question is very strain dependant, and comes down to preference in smoke.

At a point training (lst and hst) stop providing more yield, but will always provide more consistently quality nuggage.

Great insight man, preach :Namaste:

Great insight man, preach :Namaste:
Just trying to enlighten when I can .. I honestly had the same thought and is exactly why I plan to let the clone go more vertical. I really wanted to go full scrog-father/ wizard of scrog on Gloria, so I compare to a far less trained plant.

Yes, most correct , give em another week to ten days Dabbs, gain some more weight, flavours etc. There are still lots of active pistils on those buds, let them ripen....Just my 2 bud.:)
Yep that's the plan duggs! I'm not scared to let them vine ripen some, and even push them to death on a stick need be .. I'll probably take some center growth down first starting Sunday. Then chop at them her all week.

I gotta get over and check on your girls I bet they've gotten huge since flip!
^^^ Nicely explained!
Thanks bud. Not sure if it is more of just my personal feelings, but it sure make sense in my medicated mind .
Those trich shots are on point.
Thanks newty!

But I'll give all the credit to my 20 megapixel camera phone .

Never mid. We got it figured out shout out to germinator..
Okay I was on my way. Sulfur or iron lockout or deficiency based on the cover pic

Evening neighbor
The girls are looking fantastic brother!!! Loving the snow storm you got going on with them :) you getting all stocked up on cans for BHO? Can’t wait to check that out man, then I gotta hit up Rooster for the directions on making Rooster Rocks :rofl: Gotta try one just to say I did......lol.

Maybe tomorrow we can get a lil shop time in, I have to go in an do a few chores and make up a tool for a buddy in need...... lol I’ll help him make the tool, he can go use it outside to fix his truck lmao, I’m about done playing outdoors after today :)

I m not native English speaker so maybe I didn't express myself well. What I meant is that when I see your plant which is close to harvest and which is wonderful (you did made an awesome work of training), I m just wondering how it would have been with 2 or 3 weeks more of veg. In fact, at a point when you have trained and topped or fimmed, number of colas won't really increase if you don't do anymore training. There will be only vertical grow of those colas. So I was wondering if maybe you had given 2 or 3 more weeks in veg you would have obtained the same plant, with same even canopy but a little bit higher (allowing even more final yield. I hope it clearer

I think my message wasn't clear enough. What I wanted to say is that IMO, if you have the vertical space that allows it, you should be patient and allow more vertical grow after you ve finished your training.

For example this plant is a bit like yours in terms of tops number, but is a bit taller which I guess would give more yields at harvest? Maybe I m wrong. And my goal is definitely not to criticize as your work is amazing. I m just trying to figure if in fact it s a good time to be a little more patient even after all the patience it took to achieve the kind of scrog you did.

Let's compare to this plant of the left for example :

This one is smaller coz the space didn't allow to let it Grow more (and I guess the grower didn't want bigger plant) but imo with more space, bigger pot and more veg time, she could have been a bit like the previous bigger one. I know they may be different Strains, I know all the Strains don't react the same etc... But I also know it remains weed. So there is a kind of similar pattern. That's why we can top and train many different Strains even if they are different and we can obtain similar results. Anyway hope I m clearer that time. Give me your thoughts

Just finished reading all the important parts of this project and wanted to give you a :goodjob: and another:thumb:

LOVE the hard work and the patience that you have given in this project, your baby looks amazing and REALLY big respect for the final stage, she looks beautiful and i just want to get a big sniff out of it(she must smell so good!)

Can't wait for your next project :cheer:

I m not native English speaker so maybe I didn't express myself well. What I meant is that when I see your plant which is close to harvest and which is wonderful (you did made an awesome work of training), I m just wondering how it would have been with 2 or 3 weeks more of veg. In fact, at a point when you have trained and topped or fimmed, number of colas won't really increase if you don't do anymore training. There will be only vertical grow of those colas. So I was wondering if maybe you had given 2 or 3 more weeks in veg you would have obtained the same plant, with same even canopy but a little bit higher (allowing even more final yield. I hope it clearer
Yes you are correct! If I would have vegged longer I would have almost undoubtedly have a larger yield. But my veg time was pretty lengthy as is. Once I have a nice supply after this harvest I'm hoping to experiment with training and more plants to cut down on veg time. I should be able to fill the tub with 6 plants much faster than 2 or 3.

Afternoon to ya neighbor:)
At least it warmed up a bit today and we’re getting some sunlight for a few hours, makes a difference in how I feel getting in some sun :) This next month will be pretty fun, gaining daylight like crazy for the next few months and hopefully next month we get a few days where you can actually feel some heat from the sun.

Gotta run and do some work stuff but hopefully it’s not real long. Hope you guys are enjoying your weekend and M&M are feeling better, you too of course. We will chat a bit later on brother, if I get a chance I’ll look at what beans are waiting to be popped and get that plan in motion.....time to get the next round grooving in Docs soil :)

Blessed Buds our friend and be well :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom