Thirvnrob's Canuck Seeds Double Chocolate/Acapulco Gold Comparative Grow

That's a lot of amber but it appears to be on the sugar leaves so that's not the place to gauge. And it's always hard to tell with a foxtailing plant because of the new vs original growth.

Is there a tester you can take and quick dry to get a better idea?
She’s loaded with sugar leaves so it’s hard to get a good look at the calices. I suppose I could trim some away. That said, now I’m dreading the chop.
Regarding new growth, there are only a few white pistils that I can find & I have to look pretty hard to find them.
I did quick dry & sample a little tester but I’ve already indulged, so it’s hard to tell. I guess I’ll take another one and dry it overnight but of course I’ll have to wake & bake tomorrow morning. It’s a tough row to hoe, but somebody has to do it…

She’s loaded with sugar leaves so it’s hard to get a good look at the calices. I suppose I could trim some away. That said, now I’m dreading the chop.
Regarding new growth, there are only a few white pistils that I can find & I have to look pretty hard to find them.
I did quick dry & sample a little tester but I’ve already indulged, so it’s hard to tell. I guess I’ll take another one and dry it overnight but of course I’ll have to wake & bake tomorrow morning. It’s a tough row to hoe, but somebody has to do it…
Pistils brown? Stop feeding? Milky Trichomes? Did I miss anything? If it’s yes to the first 3 questions then I would chop. CL🍀

Pistils brown? Stop feeding? Milky Trichomes? Did I miss anything? If it’s yes to the first 3 questions then I would chop. CL🍀
I’d sat 99% of her pistils are brown. She’s slowed her consumption significantly to about a gallon every 4 days. Not all of the Tricom are milky, probably about 10% still clear.
Thanks for stopping by!

I chopped the Double Chocolate whole & dried them in a tent & then of course, I dry trimmed it. I hated every second of it despite using a bowl trimmer. Today I took as much leaf off the plant while she was still standing & then the buds & dropped them into the bowl trimmer. I finished in less than three hours. I was pleasantly surprised by what I thought was larf ending up being nice, dense nugs. As a matter of fact, there was very little larf at all, just enough to cover the bottom of a medium sized paper bag. There are lots of big, chunky buds to boot! I’m guessing It’ll yield about 3 zips after drying. There was so much purple leaf, I’m calling it Acapulco Kush. The trimmings are beautiful, very colorful. The good stuff is hanging in my basket at 63% humidity & 65°F. Here’s the pictorial evidence…

IMG_4589.jpeg
IMG_4590.jpeg
IMG_4594.jpeg
IMG_4595.jpeg
IMG_4600.jpeg
IMG_4602.jpeg
IMG_4604.jpeg
IMG_4601.jpeg
IMG_4599.jpeg

I forgot something important. I saved this cola for last because it’s the sacrificial lamb from whence the aforementioned taster came. She deserves her moment. It’s also a good example of what every cola looked like. Fat & dense at the top & thinner immediately below but just as dense.
IMG_4602.jpeg

I chopped the Double Chocolate whole & dried them in a tent & then of course, I dry trimmed it. I hated every second of it despite using a bowl trimmer. Today I took as much leaf off the plant while she was still standing & then the buds & dropped them into the bowl trimmer. I finished in less than three hours. I was pleasantly surprised by what I thought was larf ending up being nice, dense nugs. As a matter of fact, there was very little larf at all, just enough to cover the bottom of a medium sized paper bag. There are lots of big, chunky buds to boot! I’m guessing It’ll yield about 3 zips after drying. There was so much purple leaf, I’m calling it Acapulco Kush. The trimmings are beautiful, very colorful. The good stuff is hanging in my basket at 63% humidity & 65°F. Here’s the pictorial evidence…

IMG_4589.jpeg
IMG_4590.jpeg
IMG_4594.jpeg
IMG_4595.jpeg
IMG_4600.jpeg
IMG_4602.jpeg
IMG_4604.jpeg
IMG_4601.jpeg
IMG_4599.jpeg
Don't you love it when the surprize you with nugs that rock like that! Sweet harvest!

They all look like keepers and so sticky! Great box o'buds and save those gloves for holding small screws while you're working with them. :)
Thanks Shed! Good idea!
Another great one! Forest fires or not, this summer is going to be hazy Rob😎

Beautiful color🥰
Thanks Gee! She was a beauty!
Don't you love it when the surprize you with nugs that rock like that! Sweet harvest!
I do indeed! Thanks Stone!

Back
Top Bottom