Tony Sussan's Sealed Sea Of Green!

Its good to see you back tony my man! Congratulations on the baby on the way, that's super exciting! Sounds like your getting dialed in on your best mommy, looking forward 2 the update.

Update. Long overdue so my apologies!
Day 71 for rejected flowering momma.

I did plan on pulling this bad girl on the same day as my other but decided a few extra days wont hurt. Trichs are all cloudy with a few ambers but i dont want to many ambers. I will harvest tomorrow night and put up some more pics when i do that as this beastie is gonna be really worth checking out in some natural light.

I have had a few issues with my grow the last few weeks. Mainly these issues have centered around one of the phenos i have of this white russian. I had posted a pic of the flower development of this pheno and its spindly buds and excessive leafing. Well its just gone from bad to worse! We are 7 weeks in and feeding some relativly expensive nutes and keeping ideal conditions and it seems to be repaying with shit! Ont he positive side the other pheno is kicking ass so overall i am happy! Bearing in mind this was about finding the best mother for this SOG grow i do believe i have found the one i will keep.

004999.JPG

Not sure if you can tell but i have had to move my lights into the highest point of the roof in my room. Due to the stretch in these girls i could not keep the lights far enough from the canopy for the lights to do there best work so i shifted em and everything has thanked me for it since. Now i have the room setup and the airflow dialled in perfectly i intend to setup my lights and a few other aspects of my room in a more permanent manner. At this point i have sort of held back as i wanted to make sure it would run fine but also the funds had got low :rolleyes3

So flowering rejected momma! This plant is simply bud from top to bottom! Dense, stinky the works. The main cola is as big as a drink can and is solid no airy bud at all! You can tell also that she has a very low leaf to flower ratio which is only aided by the fact i pull the fan leaves (but apparently defoliation does not work eh C?) after the 21 day stretch and then contantly from then on. Truth be known this plant just put the white flag in the air eventually and stopped spitting them out and just built bud on top of more bud! I have been flushing for the last two weeks using cannazyme and canna boost at double strength. In my previous grows this double dose has really helped with maturation of the bud but also flavour. Its expensive shit but in my experience it works for me and my style feeding and grow style.

005951.JPG

022184.JPG

023167.JPG

024160.JPG

006818.JPG

007772.JPG

Update 2 Day 48 since flip for SOG clones.

As i have mentioned 1 pheno is rocking the cazbar the other is a pile of shite and i just wanna pull em! I have NEVER experienced anything like this in any of my previous grows. For seeds that came from the same batch at the same time, same strain, same conditions food etc you could not find such opposites if you tried. Tomorrow night is the end of week 7 since flip and i am really reluctant to keep feeding these things anymore. I could cut some clones tomorrow night and chuck the shit plants and turn the light off and in 2 weeks have another batch of the good pheno in flower. What you guys think?

This is the smallest of the good pheno which i moved under the same light as the rejects. The other clones were simply taller and were shading her out so i put her with the rejects and she is thriving. Nice little plant i think especially for a SOG. She has more leaves then the others but i just cant be bothered with htis plant as she is not fighting for light or anything and is kind of a bonus as she was heading for the bin cos she was too short.
008711.JPG

Anyway on with the main show then!

THE GOOD!
020231.JPG

021233.JPG

009641.JPG

012454.JPG

011511.JPG
010603.JPG

THE BAD!
014388.JPG

013434.JPG

015355.JPG

THE PLAIN FUCKING UGLY!
016320.JPG

017285.JPG

018274.JPG

I know that this terrible looking pheno simply does not like the conditions it is in as thats why it is foxtailing and growing that way. Or at least i assume thats what it is! This was probably amplified by the fact that the lights were a bit close due to more stretch than anticipated. I have had to constantly pull leaves from these plants also as they simply spat them out at every opportunity in such quantities that simply no light was getting through any of the canopy.

Anyway guys what you think do i pull em and cut some more clones to replace em in 2 weeks time? Also i have the mother for this pheno should i put it under the red LED panel i have after i pull the girl tomorrow night? I am not interested in keeping it but also dont wanna waste more time flowering a piece of shit!

Post up guys and let me know your thoughts!

ps: You have already read it but I found out the last week I am gonna be a dad and am so happy!!
Just had to share that again!!!!! :)
I have been grinning like a cheshire cat or as Jon705 would say i have a giant shit eating grin!
Weird I know but he is canadian! :rofl:
Actually most of my favourite bands are from Canada! They are a bit weird aswell though!

:peace:

Post up guys and let me know your thoughts!

ps: You have already read it but I found out the last week I am gonna be a dad and am so happy!!
Just had to share that again!!!!! :)
I have been grinning like a cheshire cat or as Jon705 would say i have a giant shit eating grin!
Weird I know but he is canadian! :rofl:
Actually most of my favourite bands are from Canada! They are a bit weird aswell though!

:peace:

Congratulations!! and good luck with the long road ahead.

Your "good" plants look awesome!! My 2 cents is chuck that crap plant and use the light on better plants.

lol yeah i spotted it mate! haha

did u say both ur mothers were white rhino? i know i could go back and read but im too lazy lol. im on a mission at the moment to make A.M.S better known and u can see in my journal how thick and resinous the buds are. it works great in sog. doesnt stretch alot, so be great in ur space. can u just order seeds in oz?

Oh good news for me mate. Ive started my emigration application. Ive put it off so long as i just thought i had zero chance of getting into the country because of my record from days gone by. Im hardly a career criminal but theres some history there. Anyway we started on fri and its looking promising. my partner is ozzy national and my kids are going through the process of getting their passports. The immigration service said i'd automatically be declined but would win an appeal. they have to decline anyone with more than 12month prison sentence. my sister in law is very sick with leuakemia and breast cancer and we want to get to oz before time runs out. I sure hope i get my visa, it would be a dream for me. I'd even send u a few cuttings if i get it ;)

Wow, they do look different don't they! I'd be tempted to just pull them mate - i think it's just bad luck with the genetics, they've had the same conditions more or less than the other plants haven't they? Nature's never 100% perfect but a good old bit of Darwinism won't hurt - kill the weak!!

lol yeah i spotted it mate! haha

did u say both ur mothers were white rhino? i know i could go back and read but im too lazy lol. im on a mission at the moment to make A.M.S better known and u can see in my journal how thick and resinous the buds are. it works great in sog. doesnt stretch alot, so be great in ur space. can u just order seeds in oz?

Oh good news for me mate. Ive started my emigration application. Ive put it off so long as i just thought i had zero chance of getting into the country because of my record from days gone by. Im hardly a career criminal but theres some history there. Anyway we started on fri and its looking promising. my partner is ozzy national and my kids are going through the process of getting their passports. The immigration service said i'd automatically be declined but would win an appeal. they have to decline anyone with more than 12month prison sentence. my sister in law is very sick with leuakemia and breast cancer and we want to get to oz before time runs out. I sure hope i get my visa, it would be a dream for me. I'd even send u a few cuttings if i get it ;)

That is good news mate! On the visa application that is. Not on your sister in law obviously!

Mothers are white russian C. From serious seeds. But am looking at some other strains atm to keep some of my regulars happy.
Been thinking about holy grail kush which john is growing or your suggestion sounds awesome aswell.
Plenty to think about though i suppose.

Wow, they do look different don't they! I'd be tempted to just pull them mate - i think it's just bad luck with the genetics, they've had the same conditions more or less than the other plants haven't they? Nature's never 100% perfect but a good old bit of Darwinism won't hurt - kill the weak!!

Yep its certainly looking like the general consensus is to cull em. Reckon i might have to tomorrow night! I keep you all infromed!

ever wierd looking Tony,lots of single leaves almost looks like a genetic flaw or something,I agree with everybody bro Hash pile em,the rejects look great though.as for the holy grail kush,the pheno I have stretches 3-4 times its size,not sure if you want another stretchy strain if you got a 10 pack you would probably get the other kosher kush dom pheno but from what I understand they both stretch alot.Congrats again on the little one my friend ive got a shit eating grin for ya:)

That's odd about the different phenos, especially from quality seed banks. I haven't done much breeding other than auto flowering strains but a good strain has been back crossed many times to "weed" out bad genetics and to have seeds that vary widely like that leads me to assume the strain is not all that refined in the genetic sense. Maybe new beans is the direction to be looking? Just a thought

Nope nothing to worry about my friend!
Just had a lot going on. My wife and i just recently found out we a having a baby so you know certain things have taken a priority but believe me it will be full production from now on! Got heaps to talk about in my next update just got little time here before work and it takes a while for these pics to upload when u take em at full resolution :thumb:

thats awsome Tony, green or pink babies are sweet good for you and the misses. nice harvest too

Grats on the baby Tony!

I agree with everyone else. Chuck that bad pheno. Why waste anymore time or energy on that thing? It doesn't look like it will produce much.

It's not that it's bad genetics. Sometimes a pheno just doesn't like your particular conditions. In another space, it might perform well. For example, I am growing a batch of seeds right now. 9 strains total, 3 seeds each of 7, then 3 misc freebies. One of my strains, Cheese Bomb, did not do well. One seed cracked, but never made it out of the rockwool. The other 2 looked bad from the beginning. I was convinced I had mutants or something. One stayed tiny with a couple distorted looking leaves and never did much of anything. The other got a little bigger, but looked all distorted also. When I transplanted everything into the buckets (I am running Ebb & Gro), I decided to go ahead and keep them. I put the little one into a bucket with a runt of another strain (TGA's Apollo13xVortex). Neither of them did much at first. I realized I was getting a Mg deficiency in some of the other plants. After adding some Calimagic to my mix, everything started looking better, including the Cheese Bombs! The larger of the 2 now is looking great! It still has some of the distorted leaves, but it's much larger and healthy looking now. The smaller one is also growing now too, but will never catch up to the rest of the garden.

The point of all that rambling is that conditions have a HUGE impact on how a pheno will perform. Either way, ditch the one that isn't working in YOUR environment. You're looking for new mothers, right? Me too! However much you may want a certain strain to work for you, you have to be open minded and just pick the strain that performs best in your grow room. I know I went into my current grow with some prejudices towards some of my strains, but I keep reminding myself to have an open mind. For example, I'm not in favor of femmed seeds. I did start 3 of them just to guarantee at least 3 females, but had no plans to make any of them mothers. Well... a couple of them are just beautiful plants! I'm still unlikely to make one a mother, but I will be taking clones of them just in case the smoke ends up being amazing.

I can't wait to see you fill that space with a sog. :Namaste:

DAY 72 and its harvest for the largest rejected momma!

I have also pulled the terrible looking plants so my room looks rather empty compared to before. I will also toss the mother plant that produced those clones unless i can find a home for her. Maybe someone else might have some joy with that pheno in a different environment. I would like to stick it in the garden but i reckon i would be asking for a knock on the door from the filth!

I have also taken 15 cuts from my final mother so in 2 weeks i can fill the space left in the room and by that time cut another round from the mother as she gives em up. If these run on a 10 week flowering cycle (from flip) I will take cuts every 3 weeks for now until i have funds to get some more lights.

Anyway some pics of the rejected mum before chop and trim.

0011130.JPG

0021133.JPG

010604.JPG

009642.JPG

0031075.JPG

0041000.JPG

005952.JPG

006819.JPG

007773.JPG

008712.JPG

They are hanging now so i wil let you all know weights in about the next 7 days or so. Then i will cure em a bit and drop a smoke report for you all.

This plant while trimming was way stinkier than the last. Denser stickier the works so fingers crossed the final weights are reasonable. If not i dont really mind as these were both kind of bonus plants as they are rejects after all!!!!! :tokin:

Serious business...

thats a scrawny mother fucker! lol id just pull any that are like that. why pay to keep it going when its not going to do any good. just get some other clones in.
I agree! It looks like you have plenty of heathy plants anyway...keep healthy plants and clone from them is what I have read..don't bother cloning weak plants...
:tokin:

Back
Top Bottom