Truckinweb's First Ever Grow - Flo OG - CFL - Miracle Grow

I see the problem now. :)

First question, how are the temps at night where you are? Quite a bit cooler, or not much?

Some people in your situation choose to run the grow lights at night when the temps outside are much cooler. Don't know if that would work for ya, but it's a thought I figured I would throw out there.
You would have to make sure there are no light leaks in your grow area during the daytime lights out period though.
That's the first thought that came to mind. Of course you would have to be sure you are venting out the warm air, you need to keep circulation of air going.

And about lst I thought it was only good to lst during veg so since to flipped to flower I have kinda just been letting her do what she wants. But if I should lst her let me know I got the bondage ropes ready.

No, I was referring to any future grows. Sorry for not clarifying that. :thumb:

Also, I tried to go back a little to check....but it's easier just to ask. Do you have a humidity monitor in the grow? Any idea what your RH is running at currently?
This is something you need to watch in flower, to avoid bud rot or mold issues.

I see the problem now. :)

First question, how are the temps at night where you are? Quite a bit cooler, or not much?

Some people in your situation choose to run the grow lights at night when the temps outside are much cooler. Don't know if that would work for ya, but it's a thought I figured I would throw out there.
You would have to make sure there are no light leaks in your grow area during the daytime lights out period though.
That's the first thought that came to mind. Of course you would have to be sure you are venting out the warm air, you need to keep circulation of air going.

Yes ma'am I have the lights set to on at 8pm off at 8am so I have heat over night and no heat during the day... and yes the temperature at night swings a lot like yesterday we where at about 65 degrees outside during the day and below 32 last night. So there is a pretty big swing in Temps but I have the grow room so it stays kinda close I have seen it at its coldest around 60 degrees and the hottest right around 90... I have such big plans I really wanna go LED and that should drop Temps a little bit but should really make the buds dense right?

And about lst I did lst this one not very much I kinda got my hope shattered when FLO turned to FLOYD I just kinda stopped pulling on the girls hoping to reduce stress... but I ended up getting 5 good sized colas from the little but of lst I did do on JACKIE.

Hi Truckin', I'm the last guy to recommend spending money, but in my tent, the ventilation system is what I use to get the heat down. (I got extremely lucky in how I got the ventilation system). Can you possibly cut a hole in the door on top and bottom? If so, a normal fan sitting right up against the lower hole on the inside would draw air in and push it out the top hole since heat rises. But that's just a suggestion since I don't know how your closet is in your trailer or how you do with cutting and such. But when I was working, I saw something similar in a small trailer fire we had (unfortunately, the owner got caught because of the fire which had nothing to do with his grow, but the police here were cool with him at least and just confiscated the 2 plants he had growing in there), The grower had also put attractive heating grates over the holes in the door to make it look nice still. But like I said, I'm the last guy to suggest spending anything, I know how it is to be tight on money. Could you put a window air conditioner in the trailer to help (you and the plants) if you have one or can get one from someone you know. Sorry I don't have any better suggestions, it's just something that I have seen when I was still working. I wish I still had our old window units or I would give them to you.
Sorry if this wasn't helpful

Smokey

LED's definitely run a lot cooler. This is one of the big plus points, but the best is the buddage and growth of the plants. I am getting so much more in healthy looking plants with very satisfying harvests. I started growing with CFL's, I was not unhappy with them at all. But I had no idea the difference I would get moving up to LED.
Then I moved on the HID/HPS and those were okay, except for the heat and the awkwardness of them.
I have 3 different brands of LED's that I use now, but my favorite is the Mars Hydro.

LST is fun, as you get more grows going you can experiment with it and get tougher with them as you gain confidence in it. You did very well on this one. :)
Floyd's happen. Durn it all. LOL

No canna I don't have anyways to check the RH or for that matter pH or ppm or anything. This is and has been kind of a test run to see what all it takes and to see if it's something I really want to persue. And I think it is lol I have Fallin hard for this. I love my plants and don't wanna go without growing I'd at all possible. I just have to be really careful because of my girlfriend.... she doesn't like the fact I have Fallin in love with this Hobbie she is really scared that something might happen legal wise. We also have kids so that's where it really scares her but I wish I could get her on my side... okay sorry for rambling but here is a little back ground on us. So the Mrs. Has had back surgery and her sciatic nerve is pinched between the vertebrae. So in other words lots and lots of pain and pills I would like her to be able to do the same thing SMOKE is trying to do... and as for me I have scoliosis and I fracture in my back that we done know the cause of. But anyways in the super long term I would like to be able to just smoke and for the mrs. To start smoking to see what she can get off of. And since I'm in a state that has medical use legal I would like to learn as much as possible and maybe someday try to get into the healing field of medical Marijuana. I think it would be a dream to work at a dispensery or a grow house and to be able to help everyone. Anyways I think I hit the bowl a little hard this morning.

Hi Truckin', I'm the last guy to recommend spending money, but in my tent, the ventilation system is what I use to get the heat down. (I got extremely lucky in how I got the ventilation system). Can you possibly cut a hole in the door on top and bottom? If so, a normal fan sitting right up against the lower hole on the inside would draw air in and push it out the top hole since heat rises. But that's just a suggestion since I don't know how your closet is in your trailer or how you do with cutting and such. But when I was working, I saw something similar in a small trailer fire we had (unfortunately, the owner got caught because of the fire which had nothing to do with his grow, but the police here were cool with him at least and just confiscated the 2 plants he had growing in there), The grower had also put attractive heating grates over the holes in the door to make it look nice still. But like I said, I'm the last guy to suggest spending anything, I know how it is to be tight on money. Could you put a window air conditioner in the trailer to help (you and the plants) if you have one or can get one from someone you know. Sorry I don't have any better suggestions, it's just something that I have seen when I was still working. I wish I still had our old window units or I would give them to you.
Sorry if this wasn't helpful

Smokey

Ya I could do that but I'm kinda trying to keep things inside the closet all I wanna be able to see or hear is just a slight hum coming from a locked door. But I might have to give that up. And yes we are planning to get a few window units to cool us a little more this summer. Money should be getting a little easier soon the mrs. Just got a job but not working much but ever little but helps for sure. I on the other hand live at work it feels like I have been doing 50 hour weeks for almost a year now just to be able to live. But anyways no pity please lol I just wanted a little back ground for you "guys". Since we are just a big family here at 420 I feel as tho I know each and everyone of you. And thank you for that.

LED's definitely run a lot cooler. This is one of the big plus points, but the best is the buddage and growth of the plants. I am getting so much more in healthy looking plants with very satisfying harvests. I started growing with CFL's, I was not unhappy with them at all. But I had no idea the difference I would get moving up to LED.
Then I moved on the HID/HPS and those were okay, except for the heat and the awkwardness of them.
I have 3 different brands of LED's that I use now, but my favorite is the Mars Hydro.

LST is fun, as you get more grows going you can experiment with it and get tougher with them as you gain confidence in it. You did very well on this one. :)
Floyd's happen. Durn it all. LOL

Canna I have been looking at the Mars hydro a lot could you recommend which wattage to get for a grow like mine I wanna do 2 maybe 3 plants should I go with the 300 and just get a couple? Or should I get on big one? I'm leaning towards the. First because it's cheaper. But input is great will you please post some pictures of your Mars and maybe a couple pics of buds under it?

Ya I could do that but I'm kinda trying to keep things inside the closet all I wanna be able to see or hear is just a slight hum coming from a locked door. But I might have to give that up. And yes we are planning to get a few window units to cool us a little more this summer. Money should be getting a little easier soon the mrs. Just got a job but not working much but ever little but helps for sure. I on the other hand live at work it feels like I have been doing 50 hour weeks for almost a year now just to be able to live. But anyways no pity please lol I just wanted a little back ground for you "guys". Since we are just a big family here at 420 I feel as tho I know each and everyone of you. And thank you for that.

Sorry if I didn't mention it, The fan goes on the inside pulling air thru the hole, but you would still hear the fan running. Sorry

Once you have the first grow down and have some good smoke for her, I think that she may come 'round to your side of thinking. It's always scary at first. I was scared to death, and I had gotten a legal card to grow. LOL
You'll have options for controlling pain, in addition to smoking it you can make edibles and maybe even sometime down the road start making Concentrated Oil.

If you are going to continue to grow, and I'm sure you will, One of the mainstays that you need in your grow area is an RH/Temp monitor. These can be picked up really cheap in grow supply places, or Lowes Home/Depot etc. I know...cheap is something that doesn't mean much to people on such a tight budget, but if you're saving up for supplies at all..that should be up top on the list. :)

You said sometimes it feels like a sauna in there, that's because you have moisture going on. Humidity, during flowering especially, needs to stay under control.

Sorry if I didn't mention it, The fan goes on the inside pulling air thru the hole, but you would still hear the fan running. Sorry

Well that's OK I have a fan in there now just to circulate some of the air and to push my girls around to make them stronger but I have kind of been thinking going threw the floor with the ventilation hose kinda like behind the clothes dryer. I could either do that or threw the side of the house to outside because I want the smell pushed iutside. Or maybe under the house and out. I'm trying to be stealthy.

Hey Truckin, I'm going to get Dennise over here for you. She can definitely point you in the right direction on the Mars Hydro lights and what would be best in your grow area. There is a thread on site all about discussing Mars Hydro, and Sara...the sponsor for Mars Hydro here is usually around to answer questions on them.

I'll be back in a bit....

Also, here's a thread with discussion on closet grows etc. if you haven't been there before. There might be some threads with ideas for ventilation if you have reading time later.

Cabinet, Closet, & Grow Room Setup

Once you have the first grow down and have some good smoke for her, I think that she may come 'round to your side of thinking. It's always scary at first. I was scared to death, and I had gotten a legal card to grow. LOL
You'll have options for controlling pain, in addition to smoking it you can make edibles and maybe even sometime down the road start making Concentrated Oil.

If you are going to continue to grow, and I'm sure you will. One of the mainstays that you need in your grow area is an RH/Temp monitor. These can be picked up really cheap in grow supply places, or Lowes Home/Depot etc. I know...cheap is something that doesn't mean much to people on such a tight budget, but if you're saving up for supplies at all..that should be up top on the list. :)

You said sometimes it feels like a sauna in there, that's because you have moisture going on. Humidity during flowering needs to stay under control.

Yes it only really felt like that one time and I took note of it. I have since been opening the door a bit during the night to let the air over around more and excape from the closet. But I have to do it when my kids are sleeping. But that's not to hard because of the light schedule I am on. Bed time for the kids is 8pm and lights on for the girls is 8pm so it really works out great. I can let the lights warm up for about an hour then I open the door and stare at them for about an hour lol and leave the door open until about 530am

Hey Truckin, I'm going to get Dennise over here for you. She can definitely point you in the right direction on the Mars Hydro lights and what would be best in your grow area. There is a thread on site all about discussing Mars Hydro, and Sara...the sponsor for Mars Hydro here is usually around to answer questions on them.

I'll be back in a bit....

Also, here's a thread with discussion on closet grows etc. if you haven't been there before. There might be some threads with ideas for ventilation if you have reading time later.

Cabinet, Closet, & Grow Room Setup

OK great I'll check it out most of my reading time is spent over on SMOKES journal as well as you and Dennise and I think just about everyone lol. But I'll find some time.

LOL, staring at the plants is an effect that happens to us all.

Here's the Mars Hydro discussion thread:

Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

You can post your questions there, tell them you cannot afford the biggest/best. LOL I have the 400 Watt unit. I can get 3 or 4 plants under it, depending on the strain.

I'll see if I can find some pics for ya. :)

And I put a note in to Dennise, to see if she can pop over. :)

Yes it only really felt like that one time and I took note of it. I have since been opening the door a bit during the night to let the air over around more and excape from the closet. But I have to do it when my kids are sleeping. But that's not to hard because of the light schedule I am on. Bed time for the kids is 8pm and lights on for the girls is 8pm so it really works out great. I can let the lights warm up for about an hour then I open the door and stare at them for about an hour lol and leave the door open until about 530am

From what I've had explained to me is that their can't be any light leaks, Opening the door might be why they stretched.That's just a thought, ask Canna or who ever you have helping you about opening the door with the lights on. I'm not trying to butt in, but just thought you might want to know that. But I'm way to new to be giving lighting advice (or any other advice) so ask one of the pro's about it.
Good luck with your plant buddy, I hope you get this figured out. But I'm sure someone good at this is a better person to take advice from.

From what I've had explained to me is that their can't be any light leaks, Opening the door might be why they stretched.That's just a thought, ask Canna or who ever you have helping you about opening the door with the lights on. I'm not trying to butt in, but just thought you might want to know that. But I'm way to new to be giving lighting advice (or any other advice) so ask one of the pro's about it.
Good luck with your plant buddy, I hope you get this figured out. But I'm sure someone good at this is a better person to take advice from.

If I'm reading that right, his lights are on in the grow room during the time he leaves the door open till 5:30 a.m. I think with his schedule the lights go out at 8 a.m. So If that's correct, it's fine to leave the door open. He's on a reverse schedule of what we normally do with lights on during daytime because of the temps in his area during the day.
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom