Vapedogg223's Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant SOG

Re: Vapedogg223’s Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant

wow! just frikkn wow! they look so very different than roided out super hulk vitamins type hydro plants, they look like something you would stumble across walking thru some exotic paradise, an interesting hue to the buds, and a different glow, grown perfectly, well done bro! i love how natural foods effect is so much better for plants,us,animals, you can see a difference,
you have done a fine job indeed

:thanks: bro! It would be interesting to see cuttings grown with several different methods side by side. I don't think I could say everything went perfectly, but things turned out really well in spite of a few issues, which should really be a testament to the advantages of a high Brix type of grow...but I really do appreciate the kind words! :adore:

Speaking of exotic, I'll tell you...every time I flower out a batch of girls, I'm amazed at just how unique a plant cannabis is...it never gets old!

Re: Vapedogg223's Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant

How's the flavor?

Get your lazy ass in front of a clean bong and give us a smoke report! :thumb:

:rofl: Well, all of my glass is clean since I don't really smoke any more! I was thinking maybe I should smoke a bit...just to see the difference!

It's always seemed like when vaping, the buds taste like they smell...but the smell has not fully developed yet like it will after a couple weeks of a cure...the flavor is very subdued and tough to describe. The first part of my harvest was off the rack a couple of days ago, and is in canisters being brought down to the optimum humidity very slowly. I just sampled some more last night, they are still a bit moist, and although the flavors are still developing, the most distinctive flavor I could pick out was maybe...peaches? Not so much fresh peaches...more like peach schnapps. :hmmmm:

I promise a better report will follow!

Re: Vapedogg223's Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant

Wow bro! i'm in awe they look soo freaking good! This is the quality everyone strives for. Great grow...:bravo::goodjob::high-five:

:thanks: brother! I'm very happy with the outcome so far, but I still have to finish the harvest and tally the numbers! To be totally honest, I'm just glad I didn't crash and burn on my first journal! :rofl:

Wow Vape! Please forgive my brief response as i am doing this on my phone. But simply put nice freaking job brotha. :high-five:

I will definitely reply more when i am able to get to a real keyboard.

:peace:

No worries bro! :thanks:!!!

Re: Vapedogg223’s Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant

looking good man
nice big buds :thumb:

:thanks: I love the way the freshly trimmed buds look, feel, and smell...so dense and sticky! :yummy:

Buds looking good man, shame we cant sample, :bravo::bravo:

I know...maybe someday after this immoral prohibition is gone we'll be able to share! :)

:thanks:

Hi Vape!

Just to repeat a theme here --- nice job!!! Those nugs look really really great. Mostly, I wanted to congratulate you on your sensible approach regarding harvest time. I think sometimes we get a little too caught up in how much amber there is, when you can look at the swell and the receding pistils as the primary clues. I've had some strains that are just "done" while displaying little or no ambering.

Anyway, great grow, and great journal. Thanks for taking so much time to document it and share it with us. :bravo:

Hi Vape!

Just to repeat a theme here --- nice job!!! Those nugs look really really great. Mostly, I wanted to congratulate you on your sensible approach regarding harvest time. I think sometimes we get a little too caught up in how much amber there is, when you can look at the swell and the receding pistils as the primary clues. I've had some strains that are just "done" while displaying little or no ambering.

Anyway, great grow, and great journal. Thanks for taking so much time to document it and share it with us. :bravo:

Hey X! :thanks: brother!

Yeah...I'm learning there's no one set way to tell across the board, all you can do is learn the strains you grow! I figured if an 8-10 week strain doesn't even have any cloudy trichs into the 10th week of bloom, then the amber probably isn't coming anytime soon...unless this one of those strains that just turns half amber one day. :)

You're very welcome brother! I still have a bit to do before I wrap things up, but I'm glad you were along for the ride! :thumb:

Hey everyone!

It took me a little bit to get things taken care of around here, but I finally got things wrapped up. I was dealing with the beginning of a heat wave during the second part of my harvest. The plants came down right as the heat hit us in ernest, but I was cleaning up in the worst of it. :) I've begun to think of it as less of a grow room, and more of a sauna!

I finally got everything down to 62% RH...that's when I weigh everything, and then leave it alone for a longer-term cure.

Here's the first part of the harvest...
After_Harvest_09.jpg

It weighed in at just over 400 grams, and all of the buds are primo!

For the second part of the harvest, I decided to leave most of the sugar leaves alone. I've been wanting to play around with making some herbal concentrates, and had intended on using the lower buds for that anyway, so I didn't see the point in trimming them.

Here's what they look like untrimmed...
After_Harvest_10.jpg

After_Harvest_11.jpg

After_Harvest_12.jpg

And in canisters...
After_Harvest_13.jpg

The total for Part 2 was just over 240 grams.

I'll bet a spin trimmer would have made short work of them...but considering what I'm going to use them for, it would have been a waste of time.

You can only see the edge of one in a canister...but I've begun using the large Boveda Humidipaks. I've used these before for cigars, but I recently discovered over on OMM's journal that they had came out with a 62% pack specifically for cannabis!
After_Harvest_14.jpg

They are great...just get your buds close to 62% and throw them in a sealed container with a Humidipak, and they will be maintained at the proper humidity for a long term cure. The packs release or absorb moisture to maintain whatever percentage the pack is rated for.
:thumb:

For anyone that's interested....I thought I'd show the roots.
After_Harvest_07.jpg

After_Harvest_08.jpg

I think it's very interesting that the pots don't look at all crowded, but I still had a really tough time keeping the energy up throughout the grow. I definitely can't wait to try a high Brix soil in a larger pot!

I'm working on a summary of the grow...I had a few pitfalls along the way that I want to point out...and I still have to try and post a smoke report, but otherwise, I think that's going to be about it!

I've also been enjoying some finger hash? Maybe finger keif? I'm not really sure what to call it, but after I was done trimming, I threw the gloves in the freezer and then when everything was cold, I came back and stretched out the fingers a couple of times and everything flaked off...it looked like this.
After_Harvest_15.jpg

:thanks:

Excellent as always brother, and also very informative as per usual. Hope your feeling much better now. Someday hope to start my own journal but for now I'll just keep watching , reading and learning!

SS

Wow Vapedogg. Its safe to say this brix grow was VERY successful. THis method of mj growing is quite new. So for stepping up like a man and tackling this challenge I give you reps good sir! Well DONE! :Namaste: Nugs look very good. tasty. Just well done my man!

Excellent as always brother, and also very informative as per usual. Hope your feeling much better now. Someday hope to start my own journal but for now I'll just keep watching , reading and learning!

SS

Thanks bro! Things are much better for me now that the heat wave has passed! I have some rooms air conditioned, but it takes a lot out of me going back and forth from 74º with 48% RH to 98º with 70% RH... The high heat basically leaves me in a holding pattern...I just try to keep the moms alive, and make it through till it cools down. Not much else gets done!

Boy you have been busy vape!!!! time to relax and reap the benefits of another beautiful and successful grow!!! I can't wait to hear the smoke reports in a few weeks when the cure has set in :) 400g is a very nice haul :)

Those nugs look so frosty and delicious :) I am subbed for your next grow journal that hasen't even started yet... LOL :bravo:

I very much appreciate your offer with the SNS as well Vape!!! Just for those that don't know... Vapedogg offered me his prize from his contest winnings, the SNS spray because he already had some and is a very thoughtful and kind person. He knew that I had a PM issue with my grow but couldn't afford to go out and buy the spray myself so he offered to help me out by having the SNS sent to me. I declined the offer because I guess I am too humble sometimes but I thought that this act of kindness should get recognized!!! Thanks VAPE!!!! (As I pass you a freshly packed bowl of High brix bud) :passitleft:

420 Magazine is truly a unique and incredible community and I am very happy to be amongst all of the great members... Vape! your da man!!

Hi Vapedogg223 Well, you did it! Very nice haul and what nice looking buds. With or without leaves. You must have been watering them all the time. When I use small airpots, I really have to watch them. I'd call this one hell of a successful grow my friend. Ah...next time you should think about doing it in the winter. You really had a battle with heat...both personally and with the girls. Finally...you get to celebrate and rest! Few growers could do what you did. You and Doc Bud are real pioneers in Hibrix growing.Congratulations Buddy! :cheer:

Wow Vapedogg. Its safe to say this brix grow was VERY successful. THis method of mj growing is quite new. So for stepping up like a man and tackling this challenge I give you reps good sir! Well DONE! :Namaste: Nugs look very good. tasty. Just well done my man!

Yeah...I'll take 650g any day! :rofl: Now I have a number to try and beat next time! :thumb:

:thanks: for the kind words!

Boy you have been busy vape!!!! time to relax and reap the benefits of another beautiful and successful grow!!! I can't wait to hear the smoke reports in a few weeks when the cure has set in :) 400g is a very nice haul :)

Those nugs look so frosty and delicious :) I am subbed for your next grow journal that hasen't even started yet... LOL :bravo:

I very much appreciate your offer with the SNS as well Vape!!! Just for those that don't know... Vapedogg offered me his prize from his contest winnings, the SNS spray because he already had some and is a very thoughtful and kind person. He knew that I had a PM issue with my grow but couldn't afford to go out and buy the spray myself so he offered to help me out by having the SNS sent to me. I declined the offer because I guess I am too humble sometimes but I thought that this act of kindness should get recognized!!! Thanks VAPE!!!! (As I pass you a freshly packed bowl of High brix bud) :passitleft:

420 Magazine is truly a unique and incredible community and I am very happy to be amongst all of the great members... Vape! your da man!!

Don't forget the 240g+ from the second part. :thumb: The first part was phenomenal, but I'm willing to bet those small lower buds are still better than 95% of what's available around me!

I do need a break! For whatever reason the weather this year has been especially hard on me...so much so that it's actually starting to annoy me!

You're very welcome for the prize package. I'm sorry I couldn't convince you to accept...I was surprised when I won NOTM, and really couldn't justify accepting another prize package so soon after first. Especially when one of my brothers could use it!

:thanks: for the kind words...I'll always be more than happy to give back what I can, when I can, to this great community that has given so much to me! :adore:

:420: is a very special place!

Hi Vapedogg223 Well, you did it! Very nice haul and what nice looking buds. With or without leaves. You must have been watering them all the time. When I use small airpots, I really have to watch them. I'd call this one hell of a successful grow my friend. Ah...next time you should think about doing it in the winter. You really had a battle with heat...both personally and with the girls. Finally...you get to celebrate and rest! Few growers could do what you did. You and Doc Bud are real pioneers in Hibrix growing.Congratulations Buddy! :cheer:

:thanks: brother!

Yeah...I was watering them about every other day. You definitely have to keep an eye on them, they dry out much quicker than regular pots!

Winter sounds great right about now! That room was only supposed to be temporary, and was definitely never meant for the Summer! My new room will be fully climate controlled! When it's done I'll be able to grow 365 days a year, and even have a generator backup...I almost lost everything with a 2 week power outage last fall, and won't be put in that situation again!

As for pioneering high Brix, I really appreciate the kind words, but I can't take credit for that...Doc's the one that got me interested in it, and he's the one that's been doing all the heavy lifting. I'm just glad to help bring some more attention to the movement, and offer my experiences to the pool of knowledge! :thumb:

:Namaste:

I've also been enjoying some finger hash? Maybe finger keif? I'm not really sure what to call it, but after I was done trimming, I threw the gloves in the freezer and then when everything was cold, I came back and stretched out the fingers a couple of times and everything flaked off...it looked like this.

:thanks:[/LEFT]

Great Idea! and great pull 650g! more than a half lb! of the sticky dense best organic high brix nuggies around! +reps

Great Idea! and great pull 650g! more than a half lb! of the sticky dense best organic high brix nuggies around! +reps

:thanks: brother! And thank you for the reps! :thumb:

:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom