Vapedogg223's Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant SOG

Re: Vapedogg223's Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant

amazing mate, well done on the harvest, looks like you got a great return, im hoping one day to achieve results like that, but for now im still learning about these plants and what they can take, such as nutes etc, i upped the nutes on my auto, instead of following the online bpn feed for the 3 part plus bloom booster, i followed the guide for the grow,micro and bloom, but for the bloom booster i used the guide of the back of the bottle, which was a stronger mix, so the 3part solution was the same and the online guide but the bloom booster wasnt, and i got to admit i have noticed more growth over a short time since using the higher dose, ill keep giving the higher dose and see how the plant reacts but so far so good, im not sure why but the leaves look a darker shade of green and feel stronger and thicker than before i upped the dose, plus i got co2 in their as well now so possibly a mixture of the 2 is giving me these results.
im only trying this on my auto to see what happens, but if that goes well then ill up the dose for the other plants when ready, it seems these plants can take more than we actually give them,

another reason why the high brix method is interesting, i can see how well these plants can actually do, cant wait to find out what the dry weight is off your plants mate, plus you got some more harvesting to do, nice harvest, reps my friend

Thanks bro! And :thanks: for the reps!

Yeah...there's probably almost as much left to harvest, but you'll see from the pics later.

Just be careful with the nutes...most growers overfeed their plants. Just because they can take it, doesn't always mean it's a good idea to give it to them. :) If you don't overfeed, you won't have to worry about flushing at the end either!

I know Corey had said the website had the recommended schedule for cannabis, and the one on the bottle was a more of a general purpose schedule. That being said, all strains are different...I can give my Ice a dose of fertilizer and they may look happy, but if I give my Super Lemon Haze that same feeding, the the leaves will "claw" the next day. My DP Blueberry moms seem to fall somewhere in between.

I think that's what I like most about high Brix soil concept...just throw them in the dirt and let the microbes sort it out! :rofl:

Lots of folks here are happy pushing their girls to the limit...but that's just not my style! :ganjamon:

Re: Vapedogg223's Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant

Excellent harvest! Great bud formation, nice yield!

I'm looking forward to the smoke report! :goodjob:

Thanks bro!

All those buds were really heavy for their size and rock-hard! There's still quite a bit left on the plants, so I'm hoping the extra time pays off!

My climate was decent for most of the grow, but I had a few bouts with very high nighttime/early morning temps along the way...I can't help but wonder how much better they would have been in a perfect environment...

Re: Vapedogg223’s Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant

no probs mate, i hear you on the nutes, i have been been feeding with the nutes then the next feed i use just water to remove any salt build up, im using the 3 part as recomended in the guide but i read the back of the bloom booster and thought id try it, and as it contains no N i thought it should be ok, everything seems fine, im not sure if its good to use at that dose everytime, but i like to give them just water once a week to remove any build up of anything, i water till their is slight run off then the next time i feed with bpn goodness,

if it all works out ok ill try it on my other plants when i flip them to 12-12, ill start off at the stated dose than a few weeks in ill switch to the higher dose, like you say each strain will react differently, but this auto seems to love the higher dose, ill see how it goes over the next few days, but so far so good, so not over feeding means i dont really need to flush them, do the nutes make the bud taste bad then if its over fed, i have flushed my last 3 plants, i stopped giving nutes and just gave water about a week before harvest, so not sure if that affected my yield by stopping the nutes, i just didnt want to end up with bad tasting buds

Thanks bro!

All those buds were really heavy for their size and rock hard! There's still quite a bit left on the plants, so I'm hoping the extra time pays off!

My climate was decent for most of the grow, but I had a few bouts with very high nighttime/early morning temps along the way...I can't help but wonder how much better they would have been in a perfect environment...

I don't think 2 or 3 days with suboptimal temps are that critical. 110 degrees....that's pretty bad, but a couple days in the 90's won't totally mess things up, barring other factors.

But I'm the same way, I rarely go through a grow without making at least one mistake, sometimes more. And, like you I always look for ways to do better. :Namaste:

I'm very pleased with my current grow!

I don't think 2 or 3 days with suboptimal temps are that critical. 110 degrees....that's pretty bad, but a couple days in the 90's won't totally mess things up, barring other factors.

But I'm the same way, I rarely go through a grow without making at least one mistake, sometimes more. And, like you I always look for ways to do better. :Namaste:

I'm very pleased with my current grow!

Oh...I have a list for this one! I'll be detailing each painful episode when I summarize this grow after the harvest! :)

The pics you just posted looked great!

I'm pretty excited about the new soil, and I have my fingers crossed for the results of that soil test!

How are you liking that Rock'n'Chicken? I can't remember if you had asked in one of you journals, but my girls seem to respond a bit better to the hen manure than they did with the fish fertilizer...could be as simple as adjusting the amount of fertilizer, but I noticed it on the moms also...I think I'm going to try and use a combination of both through my next grow.

Oh...I have a list for this one! I'll be detailing each painful episode when I summarize this grow after the harvest! :)

The pics you just posted looked great!

I'm pretty excited about the new soil, and I have my fingers crossed for the results of that soil test!

How are you liking that Rock'n'Chicken? I can't remember if you had asked in one of you journals, but my girls seem to respond a bit better to the hen manure than they did with the fish fertilizer...could be as simple as adjusting the amount of fertilizer, but I noticed it on the moms also...I think I'm going to try and use a combination of both through my next grow.

I'm really liking the chicken! Not having used it before, I'm still guestimating about how often to recharge the soil, but so far so good.

I've got one plants that goes yellow/green one day from the next. Buds are forming, leaves still have turgor and phototropism....just that yellowish green thing on one plant.

I honestly don't know if it's good or bad.....like I said the buds are forming up really nice. But I like the chicken, and most of my stuff is deep, shiny green. The next set of pics will look really nice.

I should have that soil report very soon, and I'll post it...of course. This thing will be figured out soon...hopefully before the end of next month.

Re: Vapedogg223’s Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant

vape, you know this chicken manure, well i have some allotments near me and a couple of the people their have got pens with egg laying chickens in, if i got some of this manure how would it be best to use it, would you make a tea with it or mix it in with the compost when filling an empty pot, or could a layer of it be put on top of the soil in the pot and watered like normal,

i have read also that lama and sheep manure makes a perfect tea for the veg cycle and bat guano and sheep manure makes a perfect tea for flower, i may have them the wrong way round but you should get what i mean.

how could i best use say chicken manure to boost my plants, would i still use the same dose of bpn or would i cut back on that,

sorry to ask such basic questions but im not much of a gardener, well i wasnt but im getting into gardening of the indoor type.

im also trying to find info on grafting these plants, basically taking a clone from one plant and then using a plant that has vigourous root and plant growth as a base for growing the clone onto, so basically you would have 1 plant but growing 2 or more strains, you make a v cut where a node is on the plant your adding the clone to then fit the clone and tape it up and put bag over the stem to keep it moist and then the plant heals and grows the clone as if it was a part of the plant, this would be good for a mother plant as you could have say 4 strains growing off the same plant so you could mother just one plant and taking clones from each part of the plant would give you clones of each strain the mother plant is growing, just wondered if you had come across this technique, im only looking into it in case i have a very slow growing plant then i could take some clones and put them on a plant that is growing like crazy, this should then make the clone grow like crazy, im hoping

vape, you know this chicken manure, well i have some allotments near me and a couple of the people their have got pens with egg laying chickens in, if i got some of this manure how would it be best to use it, would you make a tea with it or mix it in with the compost when filling an empty pot, or could a layer of it be put on top of the soil in the pot and watered like normal,

i have read also that lama and sheep manure makes a perfect tea for the veg cycle and bat guano and sheep manure makes a perfect tea for flower, i may have them the wrong way round but you should get what i mean.

how could i best use say chicken manure to boost my plants, would i still use the same dose of bpn or would i cut back on that,

sorry to ask such basic questions but im not much of a gardener, well i wasnt but im getting into gardening of the indoor type.

im also trying to find info on grafting these plants, basically taking a clone from one plant and then using a plant that has vigourous root and plant growth as a base for growing the clone onto, so basically you would have 1 plant but growing 2 or more strains, you make a v cut where a node is on the plant your adding the clone to then fit the clone and tape it up and put bag over the stem to keep it moist and then the plant heals and grows the clone as if it was a part of the plant, this would be good for a mother plant as you could have say 4 strains growing off the same plant so you could mother just one plant and taking clones from each part of the plant would give you clones of each strain the mother plant is growing, just wondered if you had come across this technique, im only looking into it in case i have a very slow growing plant then i could take some clones and put them on a plant that is growing like crazy, this should then make the clone grow like crazy, im hoping

I would never use fresh chicken manure for many reasons...but not wanting to introduce dangerous pathogens to my environment would be high on my list...but it would probably burn your plants as well. The chicken manure I use is 1. Composted and 2. Pasteurized.

The only fresh manure that's suitable for gardening that I'm aware of is rabbit manure (pellets/droppings?). The fresh manure teas that farmers will often use are much different from the microbial teas that I brew, and aren't really what we would want to use for high Brix...or an indoor garden for that matter.

BPN is an all-in-one program designed to provide exactly what the plant needs, I really wouldn't recommend varying from their program if you haven't grown before, that way when you make additions/subtractions, you can see what the benefit is, if any. IMHO anyway. :)

Doc and Ice were just talking about grafting I think...I'm not sure if there would be a real benefit, but it might be fun to play with! Someone had commented that there are lots of videos on YouTube demonstrating the technique. It would be fun to have a mother with several strains...but I wonder what would happen if you grafted a heavy feeder onto a light feeder...would half the plant be starving while the the other half has "the claw"? :hmmmm:

Okay...I'm back with more pics!

June 29th
12/12: Day 80
Bloom: Day 74

Here's what's left of the SOG!

After_Harvest_01.jpg

After_Harvest_02.jpg

After_Harvest_03.jpg

After_Harvest_04.jpg

After_Harvest_05.jpg

After_Harvest_06.jpg

Also, I forgot to mention that I dialed my light back to 600 Watts when we had those days close to 100º...I had raised it back to 1000 for a while, but today was in the 90s again so we're back to 600...in spite of that it's still 93º in there at the moment, but lights just came on, so the temperature will drop as the night goes on.

:ganjamon:

Wow Vape, I didn't realize I was so far behind on your journal... You have done an incredible job on your grow, those buds look very swolen, frosty and healthy and I am glad to see you are doing a sectional harvest. I have done this with both of my past grows and it works very well for getting some additional size, trichomes and hardness :)

I noticed that you were lowering your lights due to temperature to 600w... I very long time grower buddy of mine suggested to dim the lights or raise them up the last week of flowering and this helps with building resin, and potency. I have not been able to try it because I always have run different strains with different finishing times, but figured I would recommend it to you since you have all the same strain growing.

I saw your comment about the brix readings and such...no worries my friend, were all polishing this high brix craft together and I have been slacking on my readings as well, but definitely will do weekly readings next grow :) I can't wait till we are all High Brix masters and have this new process down to a precise method, and so far I think we are kicking some booty and taking strains :) lol

I am excited to see your smoke report and how these ladies perform when put to the test :) Very nice journal Vape!!!! Glad to be a observer in your success!!

Took me a while to catch up....sound familiar? What a grow Brother! Thank you for educating us on the future of growing. Well done..pain and all!:Namaste:

wow! just frikkn wow! they look so very different than roided out super hulk vitamins type hydro plants, they look like something you would stumble across walking thru some exotic paradise, an interesting hue to the buds, and a different glow, grown perfectly, well done bro! i love how natural foods effect is so much better for plants,us,animals, you can see a difference,
you have done a fine job indeed

Wow bro! i'm in awe they look soo freaking good! This is the quality everyone strives for. Great grow...:bravo::goodjob::high-five:

Wow Vape! Please forgive my brief response as i am doing this on my phone. But simply put nice freaking job brotha. :high-five:

I will definitely reply more when i am able to get to a real keyboard.

:peace:

looking good man
nice big buds :thumb:

Buds looking good man, shame we cant sample, :bravo::bravo:

Wow Vape, I didn't realize I was so far behind on your journal... You have done an incredible job on your grow, those buds look very swolen, frosty and healthy and I am glad to see you are doing a sectional harvest. I have done this with both of my past grows and it works very well for getting some additional size, trichomes and hardness :)

I noticed that you were lowering your lights due to temperature to 600w... I very long time grower buddy of mine suggested to dim the lights or raise them up the last week of flowering and this helps with building resin, and potency. I have not been able to try it because I always have run different strains with different finishing times, but figured I would recommend it to you since you have all the same strain growing.

I saw your comment about the brix readings and such...no worries my friend, were all polishing this high brix craft together and I have been slacking on my readings as well, but definitely will do weekly readings next grow :) I can't wait till we are all High Brix masters and have this new process down to a precise method, and so far I think we are kicking some booty and taking strains :) lol

I am excited to see your smoke report and how these ladies perform when put to the test :) Very nice journal Vape!!!! Glad to be a observer in your success!!

:thanks: for the kind words bro!

I've pretty much decided the rest of the girls are coming down today...exactly when just depends on how I feel. :)

I've heard various things about varying the intensity light at the end of a grow...lowering the wattage was out of necessity, so I'm not sure how much it will benefit with the high heat.

I'm not convinced it's 100% necessary, but I do cut out my lights at the end of a grow...I usually let them stay in the dark for the last 36 hours or so before harvest. Obviously I can't do that for the first part of a sectional harvest...but they have been in the dark now for almost 36 hours.

A smoke report is going to be tough...I've made a couple attempts to document something already, but I have a hard time describing the more subtle effects, and when I'm extremely medicated I forget much of the experience! Part of the problem is that I have a very high tolerance...I doubt there's any way around that, other than the obvious one anyway...but I'm not planning on cutting back any time soon! :grinjoint:

One thing I discovered, is that I can definitely vape too much of this strain! In high doses it's quite narcotic, and I've experienced some very interesting visual effects. I may have to set a voice recorder to document the experience so I'm able to accurately recount it!

Took me a while to catch up....sound familiar? What a grow Brother! Thank you for educating us on the future of growing. Well done..pain and all!:Namaste:

Ha ha! That might happen around here at update time...but nothing like your journals bro!

:thanks: brother...but I'm still trying to educating myself! :) I've got a long way to go...but I think you're correct about the future...especially when it comes to our food!

:Namaste:

:thanks: for the kind words bro!

I've pretty much decided the rest of the girls are coming down today...exactly when just depends on how I feel. :)

I've heard various things about varying the intensity light at the end of a grow...lowering the wattage was out of necessity, so I'm not sure how much it will benefit with the high heat.

I'm not convinced it's 100% necessary, but I do cut out my lights at the end of a grow...I usually let them stay in the dark for the last 36 hours or so before harvest. Obviously I can't do that for the first part of a sectional harvest...but they have been in the dark now for almost 36 hours.

A smoke report is going to be tough...I've made a couple attempts to document something already, but I have a hard time describing the more subtle effects, and when I'm extremely medicated I forget much of the experience! Part of the problem is that I have a very high tolerance...I doubt there's any way around that, other than the obvious one anyway...but I'm not planning on cutting back any time soon! :grinjoint:

One thing I discovered, is that I can definitely vape too much of this strain! In high doses it's quite narcotic, and I've experienced some very interesting visual effects. I may have to set a voice recorder to document the experience so I'm able to accurately recount it!

How's the flavor?

Get your lazy ass in front of a clean bong and give us a smoke report! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom