Vapedogg223's Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant SOG

Re: Vapedogg223’s Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant

Love the sugar leaf pics, clear and amber waves of green yum.

That is odd about the brix readings, but what we're after is quality anyway, right? I think you're there, and will go further.

Re: Vapedogg223's Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant

Love the sugar leaf pics, clear and amber waves of green yum.

That is odd about the brix readings, but what we're after is quality anyway, right? I think you're there, and will go further.

Thanks bro! I agree, and the Brix can only go up from here!

Okay, it's 5:30 AM, and I really need to stop screwing around with this microscope, and get some sleep...but before I do, I can't resist just one more pic!

How cool is this pistil!
Pistil4.jpg

:ganjamon:

Re: Vapedogg223’s Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant

Those trich pics look great Vape! Way to go :thumb:

Those brix readings are a little on the odd side, but have you considered that the extration from grapes differs from that of the material in a cannabis bud? In other words do all plants excrete the same type of sugars for taking measurements from that device?
Maybe test some store bought grapes and compare, just a thought because there is no way your ladies are that low in brix.
Just my 2 cents.

:peace: and keep up the great work.

Re: Vapedogg223's Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant

Those trich pics look great Vape! Way to go :thumb:

Those brix readings are a little on the odd side, but have you considered that the extration from grapes differs from that of the material in a cannabis bud? In other words do all plants excrete the same type of sugars for taking measurements from that device?
Maybe test some store bought grapes and compare, just a thought because there is no way your ladies are that low in brix.
Just my 2 cents.

:peace: and keep up the great work.

From what I've been able to tell, the sap/juice being tested shouldn't matter. I think these companies market the instruments for use in winemaking simply because that's most commonly what people use a refractometer for.

I am going to test some other stuff though...I didn't think about it until I just used the last of the yucca extract I had on hand, otherwise I could have tested that. It's supposed to be 50 Brix out of the bottle:

Yucca Extract
Pure Organic Yucca Schidigera Juice

TECHNICAL DATA

DESCRIPTION: pure, natural extract of the MohaveYucca Plant (Yucca Schidigera).
CONCENTRATION: 50 Brix ± 0.5 @ 20° CINGREDIENTS: 99.9% Yucca Schidigera extract, 0.1%Sodium benzoate*
SAPONIN: 10-12%
APPEARANCE: Pourable liquid brown in color.DENSITY: 10 lbs. per gallon
pH: 3.9 ± 0.2
PACKAGING: Packed in 1 pt., 1 qt, 1 gallon, 5 gallonand 55 gallon plastic drums with a guaranteed shelf lifeof two years when stored at 5 - 25° C. Note: As anatural extract there may be some slight settling ofinsoluble solids found over time in the bottom of thecontainers.
REGULATORY: Mohave Yucca (Yucca Schidigera) isapproved for use in food and beverages by the FDAunder CFR 172.510, FEMA number 3121. Allowed foruse in organic production* under 7 U.S.C 605 andN.O.P. 205.602. Exempt from the requirement of atolerance as specified in 40 CFR 180.1001

* For organic production, preservatives areeliminated.

:thanks: brother!

From what I've been able to tell, the sap/juice being tested shouldn't matter. I think these companies market the instruments for use in winemaking simply because that's most commonly what people use a refractometer for.

I am going to test some other stuff though...I didn't think about it until I just used the last of the yucca extract I had on hand, otherwise I could have tested that. It's supposed to be 50 Brix out of the bottle:

:thanks: brother!

Yum, yucca is so yummy and easy to grow, just "clip and stick". So many ways to eat it to, but I like em fried like french fries :) I wonder how hard it is to make an extract out of it though...

The pictures are super cool...they look like so strange alien forest :goodjob:

I think you have the right idea about the brix readings....it's the quality that matters and as long as that's where you want it to be then I wouldn't worry about the rest. I'm sure it's some technical issue that you'll figure out soon.

:peace:

Now this post is just plain fun!

I mentioned that I had ordered a digital microscope.

This was very cool ... thanks for the post

I think there's something wrong in the sampling/measurement loop. What that might be, I don't know, but those buds look really nice and they sure as hell aren't 8 brix! You could get that with Miracle Grow in a hempy bucket.

I'll be getting mine soon and we'll see what kind of readings I get...but in spite of that, there's no way your plants are that low.

Morter and Pestle maybe? Grind up the cells?

Is the meter accurate?

I can give you a brix reading from my bong :cheesygrinsmiley: 1 hit wonder = who gives a care about brix levels!

Yum, yucca is so yummy and easy to grow, just "clip and stick". So many ways to eat it to, but I like em fried like french fries :) I wonder how hard it is to make an extract out of it though...

I'm going to guess you live somewhere in or near the Southwest...I've never seen any yucca anything around here! It's supposedly very healthy! Okay, maybe not so much fried... :rofl: Sounds delicious though!

I'm going to guess you live somewhere in or near the Southwest...I've never seen any yucca anything around here! It's supposedly very healthy! Okay, maybe not so much fried... :rofl: Sounds delicious though!

LOL, Actually I lived in a central american country to remain nameless where it's a staple. You'd be amazed at how many ways you can eat a yucca, or at how many "strains" there are...

The pictures are super cool...they look like so strange alien forest :goodjob:

I think you have the right idea about the brix readings....it's the quality that matters and as long as that's where you want it to be then I wouldn't worry about the rest. I'm sure it's some technical issue that you'll figure out soon.

:peace:

:thanks: I've always loved any kind of macro photography...there's something I find incredibly cool about showing the amazing details in the many things we look at every day, but never stop to ponder. The microscope definitely takes that to the next level! It really does open up a whole other world!

This was very cool ... thanks for the post

I can give you a brix reading from my bong :cheesygrinsmiley: 1 hit wonder = who gives a care about brix levels!

Thanks for stopping in bro, I'm glad you enjoyed!

I hear you on the Brix! :rofl: What I'm after is quality...actually more than quality, I know I have that already. But I'm looking to grow cannabis that is truly special. My vision is to some day have an environment and soil that I can plant almost anything in, and have that plant be able to come as close as possible to it's full genetic potential. Brix readings are really just a way to measure how close we are to that!

Lofty goal I know, but just mineralizing the soil and maintaining a thriving micro-herd has allowed these plants to behave in ways I've never seen. When I'm able to really figure things out, it's going to be very exciting! :thumb:

Hey everyone,

I know I'm way behind on posting an update. I took pics for it and never finished going through them...I almost think I should take some new ones to post since it's been several days since I took them. Either way I'll get something up soon! I've been pretty busy doing other stuff around here, and of course working in the grow room.

The last Brix readings have continued to bother me...primarily because I know I'm doing something wrong. I can't just let it go, so I tried again last night. Here's what I did.

I took a couple of popcorn buds again...these small buds I'm using for the tests are growing on most of my plants just above the soil line. I don't mind using them for whatever, because they will most likely go in with the trim anyway. I can't use fan leaves, because the ones that are left are all yellowing to some degree or another. The sugar leaves on the buds however are a different story, they are a rich green and look very healthy.

So, I took a couple of these popcorn buds and trimmed off the leaves...I ended up with what might be the world's tiniest trimmed buds!

Brix_Test_3_01.jpg

Then I took those little sugar leaves, and followed Doc's recommendation of grinding them into a paste with a mortar and pestle. The paste was then balled up, and put into a clamp to be squeezed...the resulting sap was dripped into the test well, (after the unit was properly zeroed with distilled water) and this is what I came up with...

Brix_Test_3_02.jpg

It would indeed appear that how the sample is taken, and what it consists of can greatly alter the results! I'm not sure where 15.4 ranks on the Brix scale for cannabis, but it's definitely better than 7-8!

Obviously much more testing and experimentation is needed, but I thought these latest results were very interesting!

:Namaste:

From the same plant that you took that sample, you should take one of the more well developed fan's and test it, I'm just curious what the ratio of bud brix and leaf brix are on the same plant.. :)

Nice 15 brix Vape!!! I can't wait till we all collaboratively dial this in and hit our marks consistently :)

What foliar's have you been using?

Hi all!

I've been feeling a bit under the weather, so I've been focusing on the stuff I absolutely had to take care of around here these past few days. To top it off, we are supposed to get hit with a mini heat wave in the middle of the week...high 90s on Wednesday and Thursday. It will start to cool down by the time my lights come on, but I'm not sure how great lights-out temps of 95º+ are going to be.

I am considering rigging up a window air conditioner in that room for these final weeks...I don't really want to for a couple of reasons, one of which is because I don't really have the electrical capacity in that room now, but I can run a temporary circuit from a nearby sub-panel...

Anyway, I decided to post the pics I had taken a few days back, so the updates keep their roughly one-week intervals.

June 14th
12/12: Day 65
Bloom: Day 59

Week_9_Update_01.jpg

Week_9_Update_02.jpg

Week_9_Update_03.jpg

Week_9_Update_04.jpg

Week_9_Update_05.jpg

Week_9_Update_06.jpg

Week_9_Update_07.jpg

Week_9_Update_08.jpg

Week_9_Update_09.jpg

Week_9_Update_10.jpg

Week_9_Update_11.jpg

:thanks:

wow

Back
Top Bottom