Vapedogg223's Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant SOG

Re: Vapedogg223's Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic, High Brix, Nirvana Ice, 49 Plant

Okay... First I have a few pics of the mom cave. I'm a little embarrassed at how they look. I haven't done anything with the larger ones in over a month, and they're showing some deficiencies because of it...

Here they are:
Mom_Update_-_1.jpg

Mom_Update_-_2.jpg

Mom_Update_-_3.jpg

I took them all out, cleaned them up a bit, top dressed with some 6/5/3s and Azomite and watered it in with microbe tea with some fish/seaweed blend fertilizer.

The plastic bins I was using for drip trays were pulled out and the table was lined with panda film, this let me space them out better...everything will also be slightly pitched forward to collect any runoff in a bucket when I'm done. I'll also line the walls the rest of the way with panda film.

Here's what it looks like at the moment:
Mom_Update_-_4.jpg

I was tempted to cut a hole into the attic and put in a fan for better ventilation, but I'm hoping this will only be temporary until the new grow rooms are ready, so I may hold off on that. I should be okay until the weather really starts to get hot.

SOG update to follow!

Re: Vapedogg223's Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic, High Brix, Nirvana Ice, 49 Plant

Things are going to come full circle I fear, and at some point everyone will have a garden...but not without a fight! The government...both federal and locally, have been passing laws and putting administrative rules in place for years, to make back yard gardens impossible in many jurisdictions...and making you a felon if you sell or trade any produce with your neighbors...Luckly this isn't everywhere, and at this point and some municipalities have passed "right to farm" legislation to block the attempts of giant agro-corporations to keep us sucking off their teat of genetically modified 'quasi food'.

This is just insane!

Very well said OMM and Vape!! I very much see a huge change coming to life as we know it a well...

With all the "police state" laws that are getting passed, with our dollar loosing world credibility, with our "natural foods" being destroyed and being lab rats for GMO's without knowing it, and with our leaders set on "consume and control" we are living in pretty much setting ourselves up for a very interesting and scarey future...

I watched a very mind blowing video yesterday about how major corporations are dropping the dollar as investments and investing into Chinese money and gold, and that every single financial statistic when compared to past tragedies is exactly inline with today. and if you compare our stock charts to the large depressions in the past, we are very set for huge financial problems very soon... Statistically if all American's were taxed 100%, we still couldn't pay off the INTEREST on our national debt...not even the balance...just the interest...that is a major problem right there... Hold on everyone cause I don't see a pretty future ahead!!

Okay...I'm back for the update. I did say earlier on how much I like pictures, right? :)

May 2nd
12/12: Day 22
Bloom: Day 16

Here's a plant I pulled off the edge...the larger fan leaves on many of the girls have started to yellow, but this one isn't showing much of it.
Ice_SOG_Week_3_Update_-_01.jpg

Ice_SOG_Week_3_Update_-_02.jpg

The plants in the center are a little shorter, and the ones on the edge have stretched a bit more, so this one is almost 24 inches tall, but the ones in the center are maybe 20-21 inches. I raised the light a bit also, so that might even it out a bit.

And here's a couple shots of the tops...
Ice_SOG_Week_3_Update_-_03.jpg

Ice_SOG_Week_3_Update_-_04.jpg

And this is what it looks like beneath the canopy...
Ice_SOG_Week_3_Update_-_05.jpg

I decided to take Doc's advice and only remove leaves and branches that were getting in the way of watering, but I'm pretty sure the plants are going to shed some of those yellowing fan leaves.

Now I have a few pics of some random buds... Okay, I guess there are more than a few...:sorry: It's just that as things start to get sticky, I can't resist taking and posting more pics!

I tried to mix it up though, some top buds, some lower, and even a couple close ups...
Ice_SOG_Week_3_Update_-_06.jpg

Ice_SOG_Week_3_Update_-_07.jpg

Ice_SOG_Week_3_Update_-_08.jpg

Ice_SOG_Week_3_Update_-_09.jpg

Ice_SOG_Week_3_Update_-_10.jpg

Ice_SOG_Week_3_Update_-_11.jpg

Ice_SOG_Week_3_Update_-_12.jpg

Ice_SOG_Week_3_Update_-_13.jpg

Ice_SOG_Week_3_Update_-_14.jpg

Ice_SOG_Week_3_Update_-_15.jpg

Ice_SOG_Week_3_Update_-_16.jpg

Ice_SOG_Week_3_Update_-_17.jpg

Ice_SOG_Week_3_Update_-_18.jpg

Ice_SOG_Week_3_Update_-_19.jpg

Ice_SOG_Week_3_Update_-_20.jpg

Ice_SOG_Week_3_Update_-_21.jpg

And lastly...the whole SOG...
Ice_SOG_Week_3_Update_-_22.jpg

:thanks: everyone for stopping by! (And for putting up with my rantings! :))

:Namaste:

Standing Applause my friend!!!! Amazingly healthy and vibrant!!! and the pistils are so colorful..hints of purple in them already!!! wow Vape (LOL I had put Frat in there and just noticed it) !!! awesome man!!

:cheesygrinsmiley::goodjob:

Beautiful plants, Vape!

Keep up all the great work, it looks like it's paying off! :high-five:

Re: Vapedogg223's Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant

Seriously beautiful greenery my friend. Following your journal is teaching me so much about the details of organic growing. Like 90% of the growers I know personally are on that, " best nutes money can buy " type shit. When I'd talk bout look'n into organics, they'd laugh and say, " I read bout that shit, to bulky, to much work, it aint as easy as hydro ". Poor things. Slaves to speed and technology. Oh yea, and lazy! On the side I've been dabbling in organic soil grows. Small things like helping my boy who is more into a modified organic program. Has to be killing something in the soil since he still swears by Big Grow and Tiger Bloom as part of his feeding regiment. Because of you and others here, I at least know that what I was thinking and saying bout making it the Great MOM Duke's show, with us just being monitors of the environment, wasn't so far off the mark as my laughing critics were claiming. True it's more bulky. (little bottles can fit anywhere) And you do have to put in some work to understand how the soil works with the plant, and how the plant reacts to it's environment. (it would literally kill them to do something more entailed than just pouring some liquid into a reservoir and check the ph and ppm's, they're obsessed with the ph)
Income deficient right now, so I'm building my stock of supplies slowly. Having a lil trouble with finding all of the items I need from Master Nursery and Coast of Maine product lines. (that Eggemoggin is a bitch to find) But that's all good cause it gives me a chance to get all the ingredients together for the optimum medium. They're still looking for pumps and intakes and outflows, ect. to build bigger systems. I'm look'n for animal manures, minerals, and other natural additives, as well as try'n to find space to start composting to make my base medium with. (lotta lil farms around me, hopefully can help cut down the cost) They think I'm nuts but I'm looking at it as, one day the world may be fuc'd, try'n to be as self reliant as possible. (How they gonna farm when there's no more bottles of nutes being sold everywhere, lmao) Sorry, way to much rambling. Anyway, learning as I go from some top notch cannacultivists here.:blushsmile: Gathering my items as I go, and still working with Mr. semi organic. (the $ for my next grow is coming from helping Mr. I think I know it all) So my true knowledge is being gained here and elsewhere on the net til I can start on my own, and experience what I need to learn bout true organics 1st hand.
Til then, I'll be enjoying:adore: your garden while learning from your journals and others here.:bravo:

Keep it Growing Chronicly !!

Re: Vapedogg223's Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant

Hey Vape, I went to a large landscaping/ nursery company type thing today and they had some type of Oyster Shell that was 96% cal carb for 12.95 for 50lbs. This would be the same thing as the Lime correct? Or am I missing something?

O yea...btw your babes are mazing. I love how the High brix girls leaves react to light!!! All your stuff is sooo neat, tidy and orgainized! Keep up the good work!

Re: Vapedogg223’s Got a Brand New Bag! All Organic - High Brix -Nirvana Ice- 49 Plant

Look a Vapedogg breaking it down for us! Oh I got some new seeds today (from my dad of all people) & the smell was soo strong that it almost made me throw up.

You can also find it sold as field marking lime. I bought mine at a farm and garden chain on the east coast. 4.99 for a 50lb bag.

That's awesome if it's >90% CaCO3 and I can find it... Which garden chain did you find it at? I thought I went to them all, and looked at every calcium carbonate product they had! I would :green_heart: to get it for that price!

Hey Vape, I went to a large landscaping/ nursery company type thing today and they had some type of Oyster Shell that was 96% cal carb for 12.95 for 50lbs. This would be the same thing as the Lime correct? Or am I missing something?

O yea...btw your babes are mazing. I love how the High brix girls leaves react to light!!! All your stuff is sooo neat, tidy and orgainized! Keep up the good work!

:thanks: bro!

It sounds like it would work! Do you remember what the product was called, or who made it? I might be able to get something like that cheaper than the limestone here in the east!

:thumb:

Standing Applause my friend!!!! Amazingly healthy and vibrant!!! and the pistils are so colorful..hints of purple in them already!!! wow Vape (LOL I had put Frat in there and just noticed it) !!! awesome man!!

wow they look spectacular! i cant wait to see how they look in another 2-3 weeks omg shaweet!!

vape those girls look beautiful!! :bravo:

they look like they're reachin for the heavens

Beautiful plants, Vape!

Keep up all the great work, it looks like it's paying off! :high-five:

:thanks: everyone! Things are still looking good! They greened up a bit and aren't showing any signs of too much nitrogen...so I'm happy for the moment! As long as I can stay on top of feeding the soil, I should be okay!

Sup vape, jus want to say beautiful ladies. I seen you were talkin bout trying to come up with a vortex act brewer. I found some thaf may interest tyou from another site so not sure if i can post the link but google 10 min $10 diy aereated compost tea act brewer. I kno it should get you

Thanks for that! :thumb: I spent a few hours going through everything, and taking notes. I have some ideas for putting together my version of an air lift, vortex style brewer for cheap!

I've put some some stuff on paper and like the initial designs so far...you'll have to stay tuned! I'll post here if it comes together!

Look a Vapedogg breaking it down for us! Oh I got some new seeds today (from my dad of all people) & the smell was soo strong that it almost made me throw up.

Lol I still have a headache

:rofl:

Aside from the flashbacks of me trying wash my dog in the back yard at 1:00 AM while not throwing up after his run-in with a skunk last Fall, that sound's great bro!

Any idea what it was?

Seriously beautiful greenery my friend. Following your journal is teaching me so much about the details of organic growing. Like 90% of the growers I know personally are on that, " best nutes money can buy " type shit. When I'd talk bout look'n into organics, they'd laugh and say, " I read bout that shit, to bulky, to much work, it aint as easy as hydro ". Poor things. Slaves to speed and technology. Oh yea, and lazy! On the side I've been dabbling in organic soil grows. Small things like helping my boy who is more into a modified organic program. Has to be killing something in the soil since he still swears by Big Grow and Tiger Bloom as part of his feeding regiment. Because of you and others here, I at least know that what I was thinking and saying bout making it the Great MOM Duke's show, with us just being monitors of the environment, wasn't so far off the mark as my laughing critics were claiming. True it's more bulky. (little bottles can fit anywhere) And you do have to put in some work to understand how the soil works with the plant, and how the plant reacts to it's environment. (it would literally kill them to do something more entailed than just pouring some liquid into a reservoir and check the ph and ppm's, they're obsessed with the ph)
Income deficient right now, so I'm building my stock of supplies slowly. Having a lil trouble with finding all of the items I need from Master Nursery and Coast of Maine product lines. (that Eggemoggin is a bitch to find) But that's all good cause it gives me a chance to get all the ingredients together for the optimum medium. They're still looking for pumps and intakes and outflows, ect. to build bigger systems. I'm look'n for animal manures, minerals, and other natural additives, as well as try'n to find space to start composting to make my base medium with. (lotta lil farms around me, hopefully can help cut down the cost) They think I'm nuts but I'm looking at it as, one day the world may be fuc'd, try'n to be as self reliant as possible. (How they gonna farm when there's no more bottles of nutes being sold everywhere, lmao) Sorry, way to much rambling. Anyway, learning as I go from some top notch cannacultivists here.:blushsmile: Gathering my items as I go, and still working with Mr. semi organic. (the $ for my next grow is coming from helping Mr. I think I know it all) So my true knowledge is being gained here and elsewhere on the net til I can start on my own, and experience what I need to learn bout true organics 1st hand.
Til then, I'll be enjoying:adore: your garden while learning from your journals and others here.:bravo:

Keep it Growing Chronicly !!

Thanks bro!

Never stop trying to learn! I'm only touching on things here. I have a couple books on the subject, and there's tons of info available on the web! I recommend you read everything you can find!

Everything is a trade-off...for some large operations, or living conditions, hydro or other methods might make more sense for some growers... But if you can do organics, and more specifically high Brix, I don't think you'll be disappointed. This is my first full organic run, but from I've learned, I should end up with some extremely high quality meds, as long as I keep doing my part! :thumb:

I'm surprised you're having problems finding Eggemoggin blend...espically if you've been to a Master Nursery...they are Coast of Maine dealers. In fact Coast of Maine even makes some products exclusively for Master Nurseries.

:thanks: everyone! Things are still looking good! They greened up a bit and aren't showing any signs of too much nitrogen...so I'm happy for the moment! As long as I can stay on top of feeding the soil, I should be okay!

Thanks for that! :thumb: I spent a few hours going through everything, and taking notes. I have some ideas for putting together my version of an air lift, vortex style brewer for cheap!

I've put some some stuff on paper and like the initial designs so far...you'll have to stay tuned! I'll post here if it comes together!

:rofl:

Aside from the flashbacks of me trying wash my dog in the back yard at 1:00 AM while not throwing up after his run-in with a skunk last Fall, that sound's great bro!

Any idea what it was?

No I have no idea what he gets but he said after a session he was stuck for a minute. He also told me that he can get me some blue cheese seeds so I'm waiting on those to come though this week as well as meet up with this guy to pick up my led panel

I'm just having a problem because each garden center they have listed in their store locator either has one item or a couple of items, but not full product lines. And the hardest two, too find a store that stocks them, is the Eggemoggin and Bumper Crop. Don't know where you are but I'm in MA. Aint far from Maine so I'm baffled. While I sort that out I'm looking for a spot to get the lime for field marking. Good price and nice percentages. Keep doin your thing, Imma stay tuned.

Keep it Growing Chronicly !!​

That's awesome if it's >90% CaCO3 and I can find it... Which garden chain did you find it at? I thought I went to them all, and looked at every calcium carbonate product they had! I would :green_heart: to get it for that price!
:thanks: bro!
It sounds like it would work! Do you remember what the product was called, or who made it? I might be able to get something like that cheaper than the limestone here in the east!
:thumb:

The place I got it at was called Lyngso. And they are huge! They have anything and everything you can think of. And access to AACT by the thousands of gallons fresh!! Its a pretty cool place to say the least. I had seen this as I was walking through the warehouse and I picked it up.

oystershell.jpg

The only thing I was worried about was the Calcium and Cal Carb being 2 different elements and it throwing off my levels or if there would be any way to figure out how much Mag should be added like Epsom Salt to make it work? If that makes any sense at all. But check em out. I have no idea if you could source a product like that if it will work. I just got home from my Cinco De Mayo festivities and im hitting the sack. :Namaste:
analysis.jpg

The place I got it at was called Lyngso. And they are huge! They have anything and everything you can think of. And access to AACT by the thousands of gallons fresh!! Its a pretty cool place to say the least. I had seen this as I was walking through the warehouse and I picked it up.

oystershell.jpg

The only thing I was worried about was the Calcium and Cal Carb being 2 different elements and it throwing off my levels or if there would be any way to figure out how much Mag should be added like Epsom Salt to make it work? If that makes any sense at all. But check em out. I have no idea if you could source a product like that if it will work. I just got home from my Cinco De Mayo festivities and im hitting the sack. :Namaste:
analysis.jpg

That looks cool bro!

The Calcium Carbonate Equivalent labeling is confusing...it's use when liming soil for pH. For example, if a soil test report calls for 1 ton of lime per acre, that's 1 ton of certified calcitic lime...if a farmer was using this product instead of certified lime, it's will only have 92% of the effect on soil pH that lime will...so he (or she :)) would have to apply it at a rate of 2,180 pounds per acre instead of 1 ton.

You don't want to add any epsom with these minerals. I don't know enough about soil mineral ratios to explain why, but it will throw things off. Doc would probably be the one to ask about that, I'm following his recipe!

Back
Top Bottom