Vetsmoke Goes Perpetual With Bonsai Mothers, Clones & DIY Builds

The new tent has arrived and been assembled. Filter should arrive tomorrow so full assembly will probably get done on Friday night. Surprise surprise the tent isn't the same dimensions as the original I ordered. This is 40x40x100. So I'll be onto the supplier to give them crap for telling me they were identical. I can't be bothered with the hassle of returning it and these tents should cost £57.99 and I only paid £34.99. I'll just have to hope mounting the fan and filter outside the tent works so I can use most of that 100cm. It's my first tent so nothing to compare it to but it looks and feels pretty well made.
20201208_195558.jpg

The thicker the material the lower the smell :)
I foresee you upgrading ..real estate is precious in a garden tell them to send you what you ordered !

The thicker the material the lower the smell :)
I foresee you upgrading ..real estate is precious in a garden tell them to send you what you ordered !
It feels pretty thick but will see how it performs. I'll be upgrading to bigger tents when I own a home. Right now have to keep things small and stealthy. I've sent them a mildly shitty email so we'll see what they come back with. I suspect they knew I wouldn't be wanting the hassle of returning it so just told me it was the same size to keep the sale.

so just told me it was the same size to keep the sale.
That sounds a little chickenshit on their part...but at least the 40x40 floorspace is the same as the one you originally ordered....It looks like nice tent!

That sounds a little chickenshit on their part...but at least the 40x40 floorspace is the same as the one you originally ordered....It looks like nice tent!
Yeah will see what they come back with. Very much doubt I'll be ordering from them again. I can still make use of it but that 20cm would have been nice. It's got the double layer and drawstring vents which is nice and it feels solid.

Looking healthy!!
I agree!

Always nice and lush in VetSmoke's boxes. Some real good training going on too by the looks of it :thumb:

The new tent has arrived and been assembled.
Congrats! :)

Could it be an honest mistake with the size? Guess you'll find out...

In any case you'll be growing some monsters soon!

Always nice and lush in VetSmoke's boxes. Some real good training going on too by the looks of it :thumb:
Thanks for the kind words. Doesn't always go perfectly but I try.
im pulling up a chair good luck man
Welcome aboard. Really looking forward to seeing GG fill out.
losing that 20cm is a bit cruel
Exactly mate. I was happy thinking I wouldn't have to worry about height too much anymore. Then crashed back down to earth :laugh: Typical of 2020.

Working from home today so slacking off and playing about with bits for the tent. Looking at air intakes. Making two 4" ducting elbows which I will spray the inside matt black and put a piece of carbon filter sheeting in each end. Hoping this will stop light leaks and filter out any crap coming in. I'll put these on both the bottom intakes. Will post pics once complete.

Surprise surprise that shop haven't responded to my email. I'll give them one more day then rip into them anywhere I can leave a review. Really can't stand when retailers do this kind of thing then go radio silent on you.

The filter for the tent arrived. I dunno what these guys are smoking but it must be good. They didn't send a vortex filter like they said. Instead I got a rhino hobby. Connected up and intakes fitted. The spray didn't hold too well inside the ducting but it's dulled it and the carbon sheets seem to be doing a good job. Don't think any light will get in.
20201209_194534.jpg
IMG_20201209_192521_DRO.jpg

I'm excited too because I managed to root some GG cuttings on my 2nd attempt.
20201209_194700.jpg
20201209_194729.jpg

The bonsai mum's are ticking along nicely.
IMG_20201209_193003_DRO.jpg

GG is still going strong. Only concern I have is there were a few little flies knocking about when I pulled her out for a watering. Need to look into dealing with that before it becomes a problem. Never had pests before.
20201209_210944.jpg
20201209_210920.jpg
IMG_20201209_210642_DRO.jpg

Didn't see anymore of what I think are fungus gnats tonight. I've stuck a yellow fly pad in the tent anyway and the neem oil should be here on Sunday if it's needed. Tomorrow evening I'll be completing the new tent set up and tranfering GG across. Think I'll take a couple of cuts from the critical mass too.

I quite like it when the Mrs is on nights and I can spend more time on the garden. Been a busy bee tonight.

Firstly I completed the setup of the new tent.
20201211_221238.jpg
20201211_221350.jpg

Then gave GG a feed and popped her in her new home. She's on day 17 of 12/12 and 18" at her tallest point. Biggest plant I've ever grown :laugh: Currently on 5g/G of mega crop with 2ml bio-silicon. Starting to develop and frost nicely.
20201211_232657.jpg
20201211_232552.jpg
20201211_232737.jpg
IMG_20201211_233054_DRO.jpg

Last but not least we have the bonsais and GG clones. One of the clones got popped in a 1L pot tonight. Critical Mass at the front and OG Kush in the rear. Both had a few fan leaves taken off.
IMG_20201211_231954_DRO.jpg
20201211_233326.jpg

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend.

Back
Top Bottom