VG After Dark Featuring Weedseedsexpress & Mars Hydro TS1000

Sooo....guess I forgot to hit the post button a few days back.:eye-roll:

VG Can you put panty hose over your container bottoms to keep fungus gnats from using the weep holes for egress?
I don't own any regular pantyhose only fishnets and they won't help. I plan to transplant and treat with BT again.
I like to test my reflexes by squishing the ones that I see and I always leave a dead one in a conspicuous place as a warning to others.
mixing them into the soil for the next grow, rather than just watering with it.
Thanks Goody I will try this.

***I did try this***

My room smells like Pro Mix. It always does for about a week after I transplant.
Here are the @Weedseedsexpress girlies in the freshly BT inoculated soil. Those carrier bits for the bacteria are actually corn. I did not know that.

About two weeks until they are sent into flower. Need to do a little training on Charlotte.
What does Pro-Mix smell like?

I never did get any BT products but I saw the corn ones online. My gnat problems are all under control except for in the coco pots with the autos in. I cant wait to get those pots out of my room lol.

Are you flowering in this tent?
:passitleft:

What does Pro-Mix smell like?

I never did get any BT products but I saw the corn ones online. My gnat problems are all under control except for in the coco pots with the autos in. I cant wait to get those pots out of my room lol.

Are you flowering in this tent?
:passitleft:
It smells like peat moss. Very earthy.
If I had a dedicated grow room I wouldn't worry about the gnats as much but I sleep in here and don't like them bugging me at night. They are attracted by the screen light on my tablet. I squish them as they land on it. Easy but still annoying and a little gross too.

I may leave the 2x2 as a veg tent. What I'll probably do is to move the plants and the light into the closet. It is already set up for flower. I will eventually use the 2x2 for flower but I need to hook it up to the closet so it can share the carbon filter.
I had planned on having this done already. I want a platform for the tent and will have to build that or purchase something first so I can line up the exhaust correctly.

Once I start watering from the bottom, a little DE in the top inch of soil never hurt. I'm in a fortunate spot right now where their cycle is broken and I rarely see a gnat (for the moment) and am hoping they never get a foothold in there again.
Hi 13g13. I’ve noticed several people water from the bottom. At what point do you start doing that?

Is that frog a humidifier?
was gonna ask if that froggy was a watering can VG! I’ve seen some funky ones like that at the hippie garden store down town and really want one. So - is it a humidifier, watering can, or both? :cheesygrinsmiley: :thanks:

Too funny with the fishnet stockings, those are good for trapping larger hairy pests say up in the 200 lb range, but seem to be more effective in capturing the males of the species...... Happy Saturday, time for wake & bake!
They are good for laying the trap but
a 200 lb male can easily rip through them fyi. :laughtwo:
Stupid things are expensive.
Been super busy with the kiddos. They are going to a private cabin with their grandparents for the weekend. Will be nice to have some alone time with the bf.
We need it badly.
I'm sorry I missed the wake-n-bake.
I'll start another right now.:passitleft:
Is that frog a humidifier?

Was gonna ask if that froggy was a watering can VG! I’ve seen some funky ones like that at the hippie garden store down town and really want one. So - is it a humidifier, watering can, or both? :cheesygrinsmiley: :thanks:
Yes. It is an ultrasonic humidifier. He does a really good job.

Hi 13g13. I’ve noticed several people water from the bottom. At what point do you start doing that?
As soon as the roots can drink from down there- I want to say 7-10 days after the bean breaks the surface is when I start.

The WSE's are looking very happy. :nicejob:

As soon as the roots can drink from down there- I want to say 7-10 days after the bean breaks the surface is when I start.
How long would it take and how deep a saucer would I need to bottom feed a 7 gallon pot with 3 gallons of water? And do we know the top soil would get wet? Do all substrates have sufficient capillary action to get that done?
Those carrier bits for the bacteria are actually corn.
If your weed grows as high as an elephant's eye, we'll know why!

The WSE's are looking very happy. :nicejob:

How long would it take and how deep a saucer would I need to bottom feed a 7 gallon pot with 3 gallons of water? And do we know the top soil would get wet? Do all substrates have sufficient capillary action to get that done?
I should have definitely added to check out @Emilya’s thread on watering for anyone with questions about getting those roots out to the edges where they need to be first, and yes a lot is going to depend on size as well when that bottom watering starts.

Does she recommend bottom watering? I thought she top-waters over the course of 8 hours. Most of the rest of us have things to do ;).

Too many questions about bottom watering for me to recommend it to anyone with a full-sized plant in a full-sized pot. Gravity FTW!
I hear ya lol I have a lot of time to dedicate to watering and probably should not assume everyone has that luxury, and grows in soil like I do.
Bottom watering works for my autos in 2-3g pots, especially when I’m trying to keep the gnats down. In other situations that would surely be the wrong method ;)

Back
Top Bottom