VG After Dark Featuring Weedseedsexpress & Mars Hydro TS1000

One drawback to bottom watering is you're not flushing excess salts out when you water to runoff. So over time those salts cause uptake problems for plants.
As long as I’m not in the middle of a gnat infestation I water from the top 10-15% of the time. Maybe part of the small problem I’ve had with MC (and possible lockout at higher doses) comes from bottom watering too much.

Was just thinking about you yesterday. :ciao: Hope you and the fam are doing well.
We are doing well, it's been a very busy summer for us. Work for Mrs N and I has absolutely nuts over the last few months, Mrs.N and I both work in construction and she has landed some large contracts over the last little while after working on them for the last couple of years and my roll is the installation so it's been pretty full on. We've done some camping, my oldest turned 8 and had a couple of small parties for her to keep the gatherings small and wanted to make it special for her because she has been talking about her bday for months and didn't want Covid to mess it up for her.

Good morning V. How is it today?
Highya Stone.
Didn't mean to ignore anyone.
Been dealing with headaches and school prep. More of the same today it would seem.
My stress is pretty high right now and it only got worse when I looked at Charlotte this morning. I'll explain in an update.

We are doing well, it's been a very busy summer for us. Work for Mrs N and I has absolutely nuts over the last few months, Mrs.N and I both work in construction and she has landed some large contracts over the last little while after working on them for the last couple of years and my roll is the installation so it's been pretty full on. We've done some camping, my oldest turned 8 and had a couple of small parties for her to keep the gatherings small and wanted to make it special for her because she has been talking about her bday for months and didn't want Covid to mess it up for her.
My kids have all had their normal parties cancelled this year. We still managed to have some fun with the grandparents. The kids didn't seem to mind. Got spoiled regardless.
Glad that you and the wife are keeping busy. I have a ridiculous amount of projects going around the house. I'm slowly driving the bf mad. :laughtwo:

I had a similar thing happen and it was aphids (I hope it’s not any insect at all)
I was so used to looking for the little colored mite bodies that I ignored the aphids. I had to use the glass to see them, because their bodies were the EXACT color of the underside of my leaves, and they are better at hiding I guess ;)
Just a thought and I hope that’s not it, but if it is, I hope you kill them all.

Stupid gnats! Though I haven't had them dot leaves like that.
Lights came on so I spent the last 40 or so minutes scoping the entire plant and also scoping soil samples.
I had a similar thing happen and it was aphids (I hope it’s not any insect at all)
I was so used to looking for the little colored mite bodies that I ignored the aphids. I had to use the glass to see them, because their bodies were the EXACT color of the underside of my leaves, and they are better at hiding I guess ;)
Just a thought and I hope that’s not it, but if it is, I hope you kill them all.
I have had aphids on houseplants before. A good way to tell if you have them is to touch the plant. They secrete a substance called honeydew. It's super sticky. It will bring ants in by the colony. They love the stuff.
Didn't see any aphids.
I always though fungus gnat damage showed up as root-damaged leaves rather than small spots. I'd hit it with neem since it's in veg.
There is a funky leaf or two on that plant aside from the spots.

So, as mentioned above I just scoped the plant as thoroughly as I could. I was sure if I kept looking that I'd eventually see something. Nope, nada , zero, zilch.
Only saw three gnats flying around. They are dead.
Think they are hanging out on the GGs mostly.
I used a 60x scope. I think that should give me enough magnification to see any bugs that I may have?

Now that you have ruled out bugs, are you thinking fungus...or just genetics? :straightface:
Sorry Boo.
Didn't mean to ignore you. Honestly thought that I answered you. No idea what really happened but maybe it was a little something like this.....:bong::bong::bong:

It was operator error. My scale was on the wrong mode. Yikes!

It was a nice morning. When I opened the 2x2, I didn't get a face full of gnats. Found my sticky traps! I have three set up around the tent and all have around 20ish gnats on them.
I didn't take time to color correct my photos. The second pic down is the correct color of the plants. The other pics are a bit yellow and washed out.

Sexy looks really good. Charlotte has some spots still. They are due for a feeding in the morning.

I built a platform for my 2x2 this weekend. It will give me some much needed storage space and give my back a break. Nothing fancy but it gets the job done.
View media item 1791570
Next thing that I have to get to is setting up my cloning area once again. This time with a different light. Then I have to connect my 2x2 with the closet.

Hope y'all are doing well. Thanks for coming on over to see what I've been up to. I appreciate the support. :love:

nice platform. could fit a taller tent if you ever need one there.

spotting could be a weak mag def. that's the look it gives at the very beginning.
watering with a mosquito dunk or a flush with h202 will knock the gnats back. spotting could also be related to what they're doing to the roots.

nice platform. could fit a taller tent is you ever need one there.

spotting could be a weak mag def. that's the look it gives at the very beginning.
watering with a mosquito dunk or a flush with h202 will knock the gnats back. spotting could also be related to what they're doing to the roots.
Hey bluter.
I do already have BT bits mixed into the Pro Mix. The fliers are almost gone.
I think it was wonky fertilization that caused the spots. We should see some improvement soon. I'll just have to be patient I guess.

Hey bluter.
I do already have BT bits mixed into the Pro Mix. The fliers are almost gone.
I think it was wonky fertilization that caused the spots. We should see some improvement soon. I'll just have to be patient I guess.

dissolve and add it right in the water mix if you can. super effective in that app. can be added with the nutes as well. otherwise the bugs just stay away from blobs of poison, or they wash out.

don't have access to the same product here any more. would have it on hand just as a treasure chest tool if i could get it.

It would help to know if you are battling Canadian fungus gnats or American fungus gnats. There’s a tiny registration decal on their hindquarters that tells country of origin.... check that with your loupe!

all mexican now ...

Back
Top Bottom