VG After Dark Featuring Weedseedsexpress & Mars Hydro TS1000

Good to see you VS.
Pretty sure that happened with all of my kids. :laugh: :rofl:
I don't have to worry about that stuff anymore. I got spayed/neutered after the last one.
:thumb: No more bebes.
Hope you're having a good Sunday.
Safe :rofl: Getting fixed is on my list of things to do:laugh: All good here just relaxing with the littlest one having a snooze on me. What's going on at the base of that stem then? Not seen anything like that before.

Safe :rofl: Getting fixed is on my list of things to do:laugh: All good here just relaxing with the littlest one having a snooze on me. What's going on at the base of that stem then? Not seen anything like that before.
Well, it's possible that she has two tap roots or that she split just along the stem. Not sure. I've never seen it before either.

It looks more like a double tap root than a split to me. Interesting. Maybe she'll give you two plants worth of flowers
It may explain why she's acting rootbound already. I'm transplanting them tomorrow if they are dry enough. Perhaps I can get a better look.
Better make sure that I have some pots ready. I'm still in a slight state of disarray in the Danktuary.

I'm liking that double tap root theory a lot! Bring dem double buddages for us V would ya?
I will certainly try.
I looked around and have yet to see a double tap root that only resulted in a single plant and not twinsies.

@PGA Caddie
Bacillus thuringiensis is a bacteria that stops fungus gnat large from reaching adulthood.
There are different Bascillus strains and some are more effective against caterpillars and various other larvae.
It is put into the feed water to inoculate it 24 hrs prior to feeding.

I hope you are feeling as good as those look! :hug:

Oooh, more hugs!! :hug:
Running on caffeine and sativa today.
Feel like a dang hummingbird.

Looking for my geopots......

Where are you geopots???? They have to be in my room somewhere.

No idea how they made it past the first BT treatment.
I’ve found it doesn’t necessarily get them all. I keep Mosquito Dunks (a BTi source) in my 25L water reservoir all the time. I’ve been slowly eradicating gnats from the organic soil I bought - some of them do make it to adulthood every now and then :)
Feel like a dang hummingbird.
:passitleft:

Li’l chikkies looking great!

Can you sing that and post it?
I don't sing. I wail like a banshee.
Sounds like a bunch of seagulls fighting over a French fry.

Was going for the Beatles.....
You know that though.

I’ve found it doesn’t necessarily get them all. I keep Mosquito Dunks (a BTi source) in my 25L water reservoir all the time. I’ve been slowly eradicating gnats from the organic soil I bought - some of them do make it to adulthood every now and then :)

:passitleft:

Li’l chikkies looking great!
Highya Amy :love:
Sneaky lil buggers are coming out the bottom drain holes. They can't do that once I transplant into geopots. Bwahahahah!!!

Chickies looking lovely V! Nice everything.
Well, thank you.:battingeyelashes:

VG Can you put panty hose over your container bottoms to keep fungus gnats from using the weep holes for egress?

Amy, I think recooking the soil will break the cycle. I’ve had the great multi-species fungus gnat and spider mite block party of 2020 in my grow. I’ve put my soils in a couple of large trash bin in layers and watered each layer in with a combo of Neem, BT and mosquito dunk water along with ewc and other amendments. I’m hoping this does the trick. I’ve covered it tight with trash bags and snapped the lid on tight. This tub is set in direct sun so it should reach high temps every day while also cooking internally. I’m going to cook her up for 45 days minimum.

Don’t want to clog up VG’s journal but think this may help. Any opinions or previous experiences come to mind anyone?

I use bits instead of dunks (same stuff) and had a total stoner moment when someone here mentioned mixing them into the soil for the next grow, rather than just watering with it. How had I not thought of that?
I feel like some gnats do make it through with the regular watering, like they find a sweet spot in the soil where the dunk water hasn't reached.
Once I start watering from the bottom, a little DE in the top inch of soil never hurt. I'm in a fortunate spot right now where their cycle is broken and I rarely see a gnat (for the moment) and am hoping they never get a foothold in there again.

Back
Top Bottom