VG's Sponsor Spotlight Starring Atreum LED & Weed Seeds Express

Definitely seems to early to be showing deficiencies, unless it's just not getting what it wants from the soil.
She is due to be transplanted. Sometimes weird stuff clears up after some fresh soil.
I usually use a light to shine under the leaves. This shows me a lot of deficiencies as they are starting.
BUT
I wasn't watching the Charlotte as close as usual. Seemed like it sprung up almost overnight. She had been on cruise control for the whole grow without issues.

aaaaaooooohhhggg ... :confused:

hate to say it but i think it's mite damage. not the two-spotted ones - russet, hemp, or broad mite.
will need x60 or above magnification to pick them up. the two spotted ones are easier to see. i don't think it's them though.

good news is it's early if it is, and you can probably turn it around.

i'm going with russet at this time ...
oh gawd pls don't be hemp mites. those bastards live inside the plant .. :straightface:

russets kinda go for folds or crevices first .. and the damage sorta looks like it's clustered there, near veins and stuff, then moving outward. that's a russet damage trait.

hemp mite damage can also start near veins, but it presents differently earlier, with all sorts of weird genetic looking stuff. you would have noticed.

I removed the worst leaf and scoped it. I didn't see anything but some perlite dust.

I am gonna go and order a better scope. Mine is 60x but it's difficult to use. Just a cheap jewelers loupe.

I'll look into the android microscopes.

I am gonna go and order a better scope. Mine is 60x but it's difficult to use. Just a cheap jewelers loupe.

60x should probably pick up russet mites.
there would be enough around that you'd see one.

If it's any consolation I saw it too :). If it is a Mg def then it can start anywhere from one month onward. It's not typically Mg def if the plant is younger than that.
I think she's crabby because she's a bit root bound.
I checked them today and she's beyond ready to transplant. Drinks up all of her water within 24 hrs. Roots looked good.

I've been doing this for the last few hours....

That mix is enough to fill a three gallon pot. I did this quite a few times.
I used 5:1 Pro Mix to ewc. I also used BTI, @GeoFlora Nutrients ,Earth Alive soil activator and @DYNOMYCO inoculant. Of course I'll use my favorite GeoPots.

I went light on the ewc since I've never used it before. It usually calls for a 4:1 mix.
Should be fine.

I'll have post transplant pics up this evening when the lights come on.

Getting the deck ready to be stained? I would have worked on up potting them myself :).
Ugh. Don't remind me.
I have to repair, pressure wash and stain it this spring. I should also pull all of the peppermint that's growing up between the boards.
The stuff is deliciously invasive.

I like the gray though. I'll have to find something similar.

Nice to see you outside!
It's still chilly but I'll take any chance I can get for some fresh air and dirt beneath my nails.

Back
Top Bottom