VictorVonDoom's 1st Grow - Converted Mini Fridge - Indoor/Soil 2013

:thumb:

KingJohnC,
I just had a plant that hadd a huge fan leaf covering a lower bud. I actually didnt even know the bud was there until a week before chop! It was the exact size and density of the other bud's in the 'popcorn' area yet it never recieved direct light onto the actual bud. It was quite fasinating to look at, but I didnt think it relative enough to photo. I wish I would have just to show that the plants rediret energy even to buds recieving 0 light.

My question is, has anyone ever thought to see if any light can travel 'through' a leaf? Like PAR levels and whatnot. Because either that bud was recieving re-directed 'juice' from the plant, or it was getting the same amount of 'juice' thru the fan leaf. :hmmmm:

p.s. The fan leaf blocking it was not attached to the bud.

light does indeed pass through leaves.

Re: CA215 Indoor #3

I would also like you all to please stop by this local 420mag link and go sign this petition again Monsanto the evil scum chemical seed engineering pos. If you don't know who Monsanto is, you should. This is why I enjoy growing my own food, but hey, soon enough you wont be able to get seeds that aren't monsanto

WAKE UP SHEEP!!

Why should monsanto be winning a nobel food prize for genetically modifying organisms?

Don't think the link carried over, if anyone wants to give it a look and possibly sign the petition (anonymous is perfectly ok) the link can be found here :Namaste: I don't think I am subbed to your grow either Vic! Gave your thread a nice glance before posting, sweet diy grow cab :thumb: Your girls are enjoying that aquarium water by the looks, that is awesome! Great use for it indeed. On the defoliation of fan leaves, I personally believe it is okay to do so if you are only doing a couple, your plant is mature enough to just brush it off so to say, and you are willing to wait the time for your girls to go through her stress stage (if applicable). I would not be plucking leaves daily if you are in flower nor veg, I do this more of a weekly, get in there and clean up if need be. If not let them fan leaves go at it. In the long run I would say it is better to just leave your leaves, But to each his own :Namaste: Hope you find something that works great for ya buddy!

Day 59 / 52 - Flower 35

Shirley Jones is now starting to develop her flowers nicely. happy
Planet X is starting to fatten up its flowers, and its producing sugar on the leaves. very happy

Checked over the plants for pests and problems, all clear, for now!
Removed nothing to see how the shaded buds develop in comparison to the ones in full light.

Watered again today with just fish water (1.5 liter) and black (3ml)

The magic
DSC005857.JPG

Shirley Jones
DSC005876.JPG

DSC005886.JPG

DSC0059110.JPG

Planet X
DSC005867.JPG

DSC005896.JPG

DSC005905.JPG

Back home
DSC005937.JPG

DSC005928.JPG

One love

Vic, Thanxx for participating in THE REPS ARE RIGHT yesterday.

images26.jpg

THE REPS ARE RIGHT returns this Sunday with it's long awaited 4th episode! Look below in my SIGNATURE for details. Be there or be square...

light does indeed pass through leaves.

Touche...
Thus the grass growing under the trees.

More specifically I was wondering if there was data showing PAR leaves. Something like that could be a valuable chunk of info in the defol vs non-defol debate.

Happy new year all at 420, was super busy at the holiday season so didn't get the chance to update.

Flower day 56

Just been watering and supercropping to keep our Shirley Jones down, shes growing like a beast. And I'm guessing 2-3 weeks longer
I think Planet X has at least a week left, if not more.

Flower filth...
DSC005966.JPG

Planet X
DSC0059711.JPG

DSC006018.JPG

DSC006027.JPG

Shirley Jones
DSC005986.JPG

DSC005997.JPG

DSC006007.JPG

Stone cold chilling
DSC005946.JPG

one love

Nice to see an update Victor. I completely understand how busy these times must be for us all. Hope you had a great one!

I think those ladies could do with another 2 weeks each at the least, maybe even three. What do the trichomes say?

Glad to see you're OK & enjoyed your holiday season. Thanxx for the update Victor.

Easy now AG, Happy New Year

Yeah it was good pal, nye got a bit wild thou. hope you had a good en too.

Ok, they still look pretty clear, may be a bit cloudy. I've got a 100x led microscope but its quite hard to focus in on them.
I should be waiting till 30% ish turn amber right?
What colour do you class your trics in your last video update?

I know the majority of pistols are still clear and un withered, apart from the tops of the buds with thicker branches.

Back
Top Bottom