VictorVonDoom's 1st Grow - Converted Mini Fridge - Indoor/Soil 2013

Re: VictorVonDoom's 1st grow. converted mini fridge - indoor/soil 2013

I would stop misting your plants, cannabis plants do not require misting. water droplets can magnify the light and burn your leaves. I would only water when your soil is dry. place your finger in the pot and feel down 1 inch or 2 to see if it is dry. lift the pot before you water and after you water to get a feel for a light pot indicating it is time to water.

Got ya :thumb:

Day 2

Pop'd them out the pots to see if the main (tap?) root had reached the bottom and it had on both, so i decided to transplant them.
I am using a tub 33cm x 22cm x 7cm (length x width x height) planting in either corner to allow growth. I made an improvised divider to stop the plants roots from any beef with each other. There are some gaps so will this be ok?
Ok so enough of my chat,
Here's what every one wants to see, the flicks

DSC003847.JPG

DSC003838.JPG

DSC003828.JPG

DSC003769.JPG

Finishing on a question when can I start LST,
I'm thinking of waiting a day to let them settle in, see how they respond then get plum on it.

Also I only have 2x 11watt actual 2700k lights for the flower. Will this be enough or should i run them along side my 2x23 watt actual 6500k to boost?

Peace out

Subbed. I also have those same freebies from our gracious sponsor Herbie, so I will be watching this journal to get an idea of what's to come.

My explanation of ScrOG is the use of a flat plain that is used to stretch a plant outward from center. Normally a plant tries to grow straight up focusing all of it's potential to the highest top (single cola), whereas a ScrOG will force a plant (LST) to conform to this plain, thus exposing the otherwise unexposed side and lower shoots. ScrOG is often used in conjunction with topping and now "fluxing" whereby the plant is topped low to split the potential into 2 tops. If added toppings occur, the plant's potential is divided by the number of new main tops. What the screen does is collect all growth that reaches it, and the grower distributes all collected tops evenly throughout the entire screen and turning the otherwise narrow canopy into a broad solar array.

I agree that using ties is better suited for your situation b/c of the limit on head room and ScrOG is less maneuverable than ties to your bucket.

My concern is that of the depth of your grow container @ 7CM. Is this deep enough and if not, how will a transplant be performed w/o ripping off roots that are stretched out in the grow mix?

Hey Skybound, thanks for stopping by.

Brilliant explaination i fully get that, that just put all the pieces of bits i knew and made it all fit.
Major Props

I didnt quite understand this.

My concern is that of the depth of your grow container @ 7CM. Is this deep enough and if not, how will a transplant be performed w/o ripping off roots that are stretched out in the grow mix?

I have already transplanted and its the only one i will do on them, the pots they were in before we only aboyt 4 - 5 cm deep.
I filled the big container up with a layer about 1.5cm deep
Placed on the pots in position of where i wanted them to go
Filled up with soil to the level of soil in the pot, pressing down the soil
I then removed a pot turned upside down with two finger eitherside of the stem to catch the soil ball
tapped and squeeze the pot and it should fall out.
And placed it straight in the hole, the repeted with the other plant
If you get me, so I'm not sure how i could rip off roots??

Yeah i fully understand about the 7cm height but its what i have to work with unfortunatly, as you see i have a little room i can place a layer over the top. I could probably squeeze between 50 - 100mm.
With height being such an issue i had to balance up plant height to soil height. My logic, although it may be wrong is, that as long as the plant doins not run out of soil area (whether it be down or across) the it will grow. I can say by how much but you dont know till you try i guess.
Using a shallow but long container idea i jacked from seeing it on maxx's pc grow

Max's PC Grow Box Journal - 2013

He had good results so im gonna take a risk as i think it alows for more ways to tie your plant down while LST.

I dont know if this is right or if it even makes sence as my lingo isnt up to speed yet.

Peace holmes

I did not know roots could grow like that. I'm sure glad I ran into you in here. Thanks for the edjamma'cation sir! +REPs

I did not know roots could grow like that. I'm sure glad I ran into you in here. Thanks for the edjamma'cation sir! +REPs

To be fair Skybound I'm only going on my own theorys here, but I here time and time again people saying that it is a weed at the end of the day and they fight for survival pretty well. I'm guessing thats what they respond well to LST, SCRoG/SOG, Supercrop, Topping and FIM and even flux. All these induce stress on the plant and all i can see it doing it making the plant fight for survival and coming back harder and better. And knowing what bits to take off to make it grow in a cretain way, as we all have different specifications for our grow and we like the plant have to adapt.

Just my thoughts on the matter, so dont hate if you dont agree
feel free to express you opinion as we can all learn summit from each over

I'm out
Peace

Day 3

Upgrade and Clean out

- Fitted 2 new lamp holders and added 2x 11 watt (actual) CFL's 2700k
So I am now running 2x 23 watt 5600k and 2x 11watt 2700k for the grow cycle.
This now allows me to have 4x 11watt CFL 2700k for the flower period. (as my local shops didnt have 23watt CFL 2700k)
- Added mylar to the sides of the box and added some more to the roof.
- Hoovered inside to get rid of and soil, dust, and anything i had created while doing the upgrade.
A clean room is a healthy room

Heres some pics of the mod

DSC003917.JPG

DSC003908.JPG

DSC003866.JPG

Peace out

Hi Victor :ciao: Nice fridge :)

You could use "tentpegging" to control the height,

LA is correct in stating that a scrog would be a pain in the backside in your space.

You can start bending them over as soon as you want, or as soon as they get too close to the bulbs,

whatever comes first :)

I found some info on your Akon snowcap

Plant-Profile about Akorn aka Snowbud (by TH Seeds)

The people who smoke this type called it snowbud because of it`s incredible resin production.

This Plant-Profile is a individual expression by zels420, uploaded at the 18.01.2011.
Information about the growth of the plants:

Flowering Time Indoor: Between 54 an 58 days (Average: 56 days.)
The plants of this Cannabis-Strain...
...can be placed close together.
...do not need much care.
...do not need much fertilizer.
...are not vulnerable to fungal diseases.
...are not susceptible to mold.
...are well suited for very low growrooms.
...are well suited for a SoG (See of Green).
...are a good choice for beginners.
...are well suited to Supercropping.

Just a heads-up before your music video is deleted,

non-420 related vids are not allowed on grow journals,

but they are more than apprieciated here : Fishcake's music videos - add yours too :)

:circle-of-love:

I also have a Heads-up for ya. Around this time of the month a certain member starts randomly Spamming peopels thread with Propaganda and Links.
Uh-oh... Here he comes...... :bitingnails:

Hey Ricorico,

Funny you should say that, made these out of paper clips last night,
DSC003927.JPG

Because of where the planted and the position there grown across to the light, like i want. I can then alter the lights the opposite positions and it will contue to grow across to the other wall.
But there gonna be tied down tommorow or the next day as long as i can wait.

That info is solid gold thanks alot chap. Good to know they dont need to many nutrients as I only have tomato fertalizer, which I was only planing on giving them if they show signs of undernutrients. (not sure how to word that one)
My bad, didnt know I was breaking the rules.

Hey Spimp,

Cool, I've voted on the bud and plant of the month, I'll have a gander at the others.

Great minds, Victor :thumb:

Paperclipping is also a viable method,

But get some plastic-coated garden wire if you can,

Paperclips may be a little sharp when the plants get bigger and stronger :)

Ya dun know Ricorico :thumb:

All about Paperclipping,

Thought paper clips would be easy for the plant to push out the soil as a young en, to stop it digging in to the stem.

I got some of that plastic coted wire today, medium duty if i remember.

Told yea Rico was the man you want to talk with he is a expert in keeping plants under control. :thumb:

Nice for the heads up Carl props.
Props to KingJohnC also as he orinagly linked me up to Maxx's PC Grow, and the notourios SPMIP journals

Much Respect

Day 4 - Part 1

GUTTERED,
Woke up this morning and one of my lights fell down sometime after 11.55, I checked my girls before the light went off at 12.
I woke up just after 8, looked in fridge to find that my handywork had failed me. The lamp holder and lamp had landed straight in the soil, when i picked them up i touched the plant it was super crispy and fell appart in my hands, this could of been worse as it was a free Akorn seed and wasnt my Sage N Sour.
The new lamp holders are the ones with a ceiling rose that the holder attaches to with a twist thread. And as I needed my cable to be side entry and not back, which forced me to re-think how i could fit these things. I decided to screw the ceiling rose to the wall, connect the cables, push the lamp holder on the ceiling rose, then to use insulation tape. FAIL

I have now attached with duck tape and have ordered some like the originals.
I have also removed the dead Akorn stem and roots, and planted another free seed this time a White Widdow X skunk. which i know nothing about other than the individual strains, as they were common when i was growing up.

Mega bummer. So sorry to hear about your sprout. :sorry: I've been dreading this same type of thing. I'm constantly pulling on the lights and moving things around checking stability.

And I have a particularly free-spirited cat. No matter how many times I've chased her off my kitchen counters, I still find kitty paw-prints up there. I worry she's going to climb my shelves and knock over a plant. I saw my other cat doing "the meerkat" pose next to my GDP pot. I chased him off and he usually obeys - he knows who gives him the kitty nip. Still I fear one of my cats is going to topple over a plant someday. :bitingnails:

Aaand I'm rambling :joint: :nomo:

Good luck with that seed.

Edit: Little Miss Rachel Suavay is WW x Skunk! And she's a monster grower - New City Grower 1.0

Day 4 - Part 2

Decided to make a few alteration to make my self forget about the end of one of my girls.
Sorted out the lights further, dont wanna be making the same error twice.
Added a mylar cover screen, mainly to stop the light getting in my eyes when I constantly look in.

Also started paperclipping to really cheer my self up, small things hey.

Pics

DSC003957.JPG

DSC003989.JPG

DSC0040111.JPG

DSC0040014.JPG

DSC0040311.JPG

Peace out

Back
Top Bottom