ViparSpectra KS5000 Helps GDB Seek Anxiety!

Hello growers and welcome to 2023!

Hopefully, this year will be an improvement over the last. Just trying to imagine things getting worse is a lose/lose proposition for all of us! :)

I'm getting of to a good start! I made the correct call by turning down the @ViparSpectra KS5000 down a notch.

Having spent time (from 3pm yesterday until now) under the lower setting, I think all of my plants look much happier.

The @ViparSpectra provides a bit more than what I had gotten used to. I'll have to adjust for that.

ANX 1-1-23 D24.jpg

If I can remain at this level of prognostication success for the entire year then this could be a fun 2023! That's not likely, but it doesn't hurt to imagine it happening. :)

PEACE.

Hopefully, this year will be an improvement over the last. Just trying to imagine things getting worse is a lose/lose proposition for all of us! :)

I'm getting of to a good start! I made the correct call by turning down the @ViparSpectra KS5000 down a notch.

Having spent time (from 3pm yesterday until now) under the lower setting, I think all of my plants look much happier.

The @ViparSpectra provides a bit more than what I had gotten used to. I'll have to adjust for that.

ANX 1-1-23 D24.jpg

If I can remain at this level of prognostication success for the entire year then this could be a fun 2023! That's not likely, but it doesn't hurt to imagine it happening. :)

PEACE.
Happy new year GDB!
I recently had the eureka moment to back my lights off as well.
They look great that PE clone looks to be really loving it!

Happy new year GDB!
I recently had the eureka moment to back my lights off as well.
They look great that PE clone looks to be really loving it!
Happy new year to you too Lootz!

Hello again 420!

ViparSpectra In the Tent!

Lucky me has been provided with a new grow light from @ViparSpectra! The KS5000 pulls 500 watts, which is 50 more than the light it is replacing. Will that mean more, bigger, better buds? We shall see!

In my haste to put the KS5000 to use, I took my flowering girls out of my 4x4 tent and moved them to my 5x5, which had been sitting idle.

I then set about modifying the 4x4 in order to install the new light.

The KS5000 is way larger than the light it's replacing and I needed to adjust my exhaust fan and ducting to fit it in the 4x4. I also had to move my electric sockets to a place where the new lights power cord could reach them from on top of the tent. Other than those two mods, installing the light was a breeze. The lights and frame by themselves are quite light. The driver, on the other hand, is quite heavy.

I placed the driver on top of my tent because it's weight just makes me think it's going to generate a lot of heat and that's not something I need inside my tent.

Here's the light fresh out of the box:
Vipar unbox.jpg

And here is the driver, cords and the other needed hanging gear:
Vipar driver.jpg

It's in place now. Just a little more tent cleaning and I'll be ready to roll!
IMG_5884.jpg

Driver placement:
IMG_5885.jpg

Thanks so much for this opportunity @ViparSpectra. I'll try to be worthy of your largesse!

So about my anxiety search...

I've heard from numerous users here on 420 about how some high THC strains leave them with feelings of anxiety and paranoia.

I've been using weed for a lot of years and have never experienced such feelings from any weed. (Those states of mind were reserved for other "synthetic" drugs that I dabbled in during my younger days!:eek:)

I'm not actually trying to feel anxiety-ridden. Like I said, I've never felt anxiety from any weed and doubt that I ever will. Still, I figure the closer I get to -- almost, nearly, just about -- feeling that way, the better! :)

So I'll be growing some high THC cultivars, or at least some that the breeder claims are high in THC.

The lineup (text in blue is from the vendor):

Purple Star Killer -- 25-29% THC
Purple Star Killer is an Indica-dominant strain resulting from a cross between Purple Kush and Star Killer. Both of these Indica-dominant strains show impressive coloration. Purple Kush is a Californian strain with a nice appearance and pleasant fragrances as well as relaxing and satisfying effects. Star Killer was a champion in the Colorado Cannabis Cup 2016 in the category of Best Hybrid Flower. This strain offers its Afghan roots and ensures that this magnificent quality strain is resistant to pests and diseases

Reeze McFlurry -- 24-29% THC
Reeze McFlurry was developed from an extremely potent female, Peanut Butter Breath x Zkittlez x (Mac F1 #9), that has a particularly pronounced terpene and cannabinoid profile. Both parent plants were selected through a long process of searching for flavor and potency to finally obtain the properties we had envisioned. Our feminized seeds of Reeze MacFlurry originated from the cross between Peanut Butter Breath x Zkittlez to obtain a more citric profile and then finally crossed with a Mac F1 #9. These are three strains of great renown that have won great prizes and provide us with unique effects and powerful flavors. McFlurry is often chosen to treat those suffering from conditions such as chronic pain, depression, chronic fatigue, nausea or appetite loss, chronic stress or anxiety, and Bipolar Disorder. This bud has super dense and tight, grape-shaped, minty green nugs with thin brown hairs and a coating of thick, frosty, golden amber crystal trichomes. From the first days of flowering until harvest, it is a marijuana plant that gives off a sweet, fruity aroma accompanied with citrus notes that melt in your mouth with an earthy flavor

Grandaddy Purple x Bruce Banner -- 24-28% THC
Grandaddy Purple x Bruce Banner is a truly beautiful, compact and bushy plant with a robust stem and sparse internodes. The purple color of its parental strain, Grandaddy Purple, has been completely transmitted to this strain, making her buds with gorgeous purple tones covered with bright resin trichomes a real source of attention. This plant beauty can be cultivated by beginner hands as it requires little attention. When grown indoors, keep a comfortably warm 70-80 ‘ F and a 40-50% humidity level. In addition, make sure you cut its leaves to allow greater aeration and less humidity. Grandaddy Purple x Bruce Banner can also be grown outdoors in plenty of sunshine.

Gush Mints S1 -- 31-34% THC
Gush Mints S1 was developed from an extremely potent female, Kush Mints x F1 Durb x Gushers, that has a particularly pronounced terpene and cannabinoid profile. Both parent plants were selected through a long process of searching for flavor and potency to finally obtain the properties we had envisioned. Gush Mints electrifies and colors the trend for minty strains. It takes Kush Mints and crosses it with legendary F1 Durban and Gushers. The result is “creamy fizz and kushy candy terpenes

I'm still debating whether I'll grow these in 3 or 5 gallon fabric pots. I'll likely go with 3s because I'm not trying to grow huge plants and because the less water I have to schlepp the better!

I'll send the seeds swimming either today or tomorrow, and I hope the Germination Gremlin stays away!

I hope you'll be able to join me.

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE.
Gosh I'm nearly a month late to the party. How is the KS5000 performing?

ANX 1-1-23 D24.jpg

PEACE.
You got the PMA man! The positive mental attitude! It carries me every day! I see your plants understand it! 23 for the win!

Gosh I'm nearly a month late to the party. How is the KS5000 performing?
I just starting using it a few days ago Carmen. So you're right on time! :Rasta:

Hello growers.

It's the 5th day under the @ViparSpectra KS5000 for the Anxiety babes and I have "seen the light."

I had the light turned up too high initially. Now that I've turned it down a notch (to 50%) the plants seem much more content.
ANX1 tent 1-2-23 D25.jpg

That's the Gush Mints front left; Purple Star Killer rear left; Reeze McFlurry back right, and; the Pineapple Express clone front right.

The 3 babies are on Day 25. The PE clone is on her Day 12 in that 2 gallon pot and Day 49 overall.

I'm using Roots Organics (RO) dry nutrients for these plants. I fed them a tiny bit while they were in solo cups. However, since I up-potted them into RO Lush soil there is no real rush to feed them again. The Lush soil will push them through their first weeks like a champ and I have not yet decided when to resume feeding them the dry nutrients.

----------

Twelve days behind those girls and alone in the 2x2 tent, the Crescendo plays catch-up on her Day 13.
ANX1 Crescendo 1-2-23 D13.jpg

She's on MC right now. I had said I would start her out on 1.5g per gallon but changed my mind and started her out at 2g per gallon.

----------

That's all I've got.

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE.

Hello growers.

It's the 5th day under the @ViparSpectra KS5000 for the Anxiety babes and I have "seen the light."

I had the light turned up too high initially. Now that I've turned it down a notch (to 50%) the plants seem much more content.
ANX1 tent 1-2-23 D25.jpg

That's the Gush Mints front left; Purple Star Killer rear left; Reeze McFlurry back right, and; the Pineapple Express clone front right.

The 3 babies are on Day 25. The PE clone is on her Day 12 in that 2 gallon pot and Day 49 overall.

I'm using Roots Organics (RO) dry nutrients for these plants. I fed them a tiny bit while they were in solo cups. However, since I up-potted them into RO Lush soil there is no real rush to feed them again. The Lush soil will push them through their first weeks like a champ and I have not yet decided when to resume feeding them the dry nutrients.

----------

Twelve days behind those girls and alone in the 2x2 tent, the Crescendo plays catch-up on her Day 13.
ANX1 Crescendo 1-2-23 D13.jpg

She's on MC right now. I had said I would start her out on 1.5g per gallon but changed my mind and started her out at 2g per gallon.

----------

That's all I've got.

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE.
Those girls look nice! :thumb:

Sounds kinda like raising geese for foie gras :laughtwo:

Those ladies will be busting at the walls in no time.

Hello growers.

I'm absolutely enjoying watching these youngsters thrive under the @ViparSpectra KS5000. The really seem to love it!

The 3 youngsters (not including the front/right Pineapple Express clone) are on their day 27. Though they're all mature enough to be topped, I haven't done anything to them yet. Probably some time next week it will be off with their heads! I may try to clone a few of the tops, which is why I'm letting them grow up and up.

ANX tent 1-4-23 D27.jpg

Ha, these bar lights! You can, of course, shoot pics right though them.
ANX1 tent 1-4-23 D27.jpg

----------

In the 2x2 the Crescendo (day 15) continues to make progress under the @ViparSpectra XS1000. She had a bit of a growth spurt over the past few days and is just beginning to push out her 4th node.

ANX Crescendo 1-4-23 D15.jpg

So it's smooth sailing thus far. I like smooth! :)

----------

BTW, I was absolutely wrong in my belief that the big, heavy Vipar driver would generate a lot of heat. (I initially chose to mount it outside of the tent thinking it was going to be a super-hot box.)

It actually generates warmth but no real "heat." Unlike many of the smaller drivers I've had to date, this one you can place your hand on and leave it there with no major discomfort.

Thanks for stopping by.

PEACE.

BTW, I was absolutely wrong in my belief that the big, heavy Vipar driver would generate a lot of heat. (I initially chose to mount it outside of the tent thinking it was going to be a super-hot box.)

It actually generates warmth but no real "heat." Unlike many of the smaller drivers I've had to date, this one you can place your hand on and leave it there with no major discomfort.
This is a pretty interesting part of this one! I'm feeling a cool driver at 50%! Very cool!

Sounds kinda like raising geese for foie gras :laughtwo:

Those ladies will be busting at the walls in no time.
Thanks for the words of optimism Nev! I hope you're right.

Regarding the geese, such a cruel practice.

And I've tried foie gras. It tastes like an internal organ doing a very good imitation of a pat of butter. Yuck!

Glazed donuts are much better. :)

Back
Top Bottom