ViparSpectra KS5000 Helps GDB Seek Anxiety!

Sorry about your floater (they've never sprouted for me) but the babies are coming along nicely! Good luck with the replacement, as well as telling us they're all the same age later in the grow. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Mellomale's tent looks a lot like Dutchman's, and he quads his to get them spread and then straight up.
After a recent growth spurt I'm having second thoughts about feeding them so soon. I think I'll give them another week or so in just the Happy Frog soil in order to observe what happens. If they keep growing at this rate then there's no need for me to do anything, at least that's what my Lazy-Meter told me!
I have found it hard to get on top of deficiencies in veg if they start early (and I have no idea how quickly your nutes dissolve...GF takes 2 weeks!), so if they were mine I would take 45 seconds out of my day and sprinkle some stuff on them. And I'm pretty lazy. ;)
For me, it makes the process a little less stressful.
Hang on a sec, this is the anxiety grow!

Hello growers.

This morning I was still trying to decide whether to begin feeding the Anxiety babies yet, or whether to wait another week or so to begin. They're on their 10th day in the solo cups and seem to be doing well.

Left to right: Gush Mints, Reeze McFlurry and Purple Star Killer
Anx 12-18-22 D10.jpg

I decided to look through my "grow stuff" for inspiration. (I've accumulated quite a few concoctions over the years, some of which I seldom use.)

That led me to choose something that is designed to promote root growth/health but will feed them a bit too.

Myco + jar.jpg

Per their website:

Myco+ is a concentrated, super-premium blend of beneficial fungi, amino acids, botanical extracts, carbohydrates, humic acid and minerals, designed to generate explosive root growth and overall plant health. Myco+ will grow long, strong, reaching roots, as well as promote root branching and fine root hairs. This combination will increase hardiness and drought resistance, and will increase root surface area exponentially, allowing your plants to take up more nutrients. This will in turn increase growth rates as well as harvest quantity and quality.

The feeding instructions say to mix at 1/4 tsp per gallon of water. I used slightly less than that. But even at that tiny dose it turns water dark brown!

All of the babies got some this morning.

----------

Still no tap roots visible from my paper-toweled Crescendo and Fat Bastard seeds. But you can believe I'm watching them like a hawk!👀

----------

That's all for today.

Thanks for you attention.

PEACE.

Hello all!

It's day 8 for the Anxiety babies and they're just about ready to start being fed! They've got a fairly decent second set of leaves and that's my cue.

Anx 12-16-22 D8 .jpg

I had thought about starting them out on a little MC, but I've nixed that idea in order to keep this grow all organic. I will give them a very little taste of Roots Organic Grow within the 2-3 days.

The Pineapple Express clone (back right) is in dire need of some nutrients. I should have started feeding her weeks before now but I kept telling myself I was going to toss her. She'll get fed at least a little bit tomorrow. (I watered them all last night so I can't get anything in there this evening. She'll get RO Grow too, just a tad bit more than the babies.)

----------

Those seeds that I ordered the other day -- the Fat Bastard and the Crescendo -- both arrived at the same time today!

I'm taking that as a sign 🙄 to go ahead and drop one of each. So if all goes well I'll have 5 plants in the 4x4 in 3 gallon pots. My recent experience with my other grow tells me that could be a bit dicey. But I've come to realize that I often train my plants to grow widely. If I don't do so much of that but instead let them go up, then they should have plenty of room to coexist in the 4x4. I've been following a journal by @Mellomale and he has managed to get eight 5 gallon pots going in a 4x4.

Look and see:
20221126_093856-jpg.2611138

With this big @ViparSpectra KS5000 I may be able to pull of something similar to what he has done!

----------

Back to the seeds.

420 sponsor North Atlantic Seed Co. really does load you up on the freebies. I ordered 5 seeds and ended up with 14!
new seeds.jpg

They sent me 5 Ethos regular Mystery Lilac Diesel! I just might try some one day just because they're Ethos seeds, though I'm not a big fan of having to sex then toss plants. (And I've yet to venture into making seeds.)

And they sent 2 more freebies intriguingly name "Feminized Photoperiod." Hmm. Wonder what they are?

The other two freebies are Mimosa fems from Blimburn Seeds, which by coincidence is source of the Fat Bastards!

----------

I sent a Fat Bastard and a Crescendo swimming this evening at 4pm.

I hope they're nice and fresh and they do their thing! If they do, they'll be roughly 2+ weeks behind the current babies. I don't foresee that causing any issues.

Thanks for your interest in my grow.

PEACE.
HolyCow batman ! Thats quite the crop!!!!!

This from the guy growing in living soil and mixing guanos from bats and worms with his hands. :rolleyes:
This was my exact thought when I read his comment and I saw who it was! :rofl:

Looking Good GDB
Is the leaf on that Reese Mcflurry half albino?

Those youngsters look happy as can be, GDB!...👶👶👶
So much going on.

...There really is...the lazy meter must be in the shop or something... 😄

Hello all.

Just a quick update on my paper-toweled seeds.

The 2nd Crescendo popped a tap root! I saw it around 8 last night and immediately buried it in a peat puck.
2nd Crescendo 12-18-22.JPG

As of 9am this morning, the Fat Bastard still had no tap showing. I put her in a peat puck anyway.

They're now in a domed seedling tray resting on a heating mat.

Thanks for you interest.

PEACE.

Hello all.

The 2nd Crescendo popped a tap root! I saw it around 8 last night and immediately buried it in a peat puck.

As of 9am this morning, the Fat Bastard still had no tap showing. I put her in a peat puck anyway.

Thanks for you interest.

PEACE.
Wow that’s a sexy taproot you got there….

Crescendo rocks. You’ll be blown away by its beauty. It’s my favorite outdoor plant right now.

NASC also rocks. My Humboldt’s Dream seeds should arrive tomorrow! And now with the streamlined ordering system they are setting the standard as far as I’m concerned.

Excellent work!

Hello growers.

It's day 12 above ground for the Anxiety babies and they're plugging happily along!

IMO, seedlings seem to love it under the ViparSpectra XS1000. I think it's the intimacy of it all. I'm running it at about 40% power, at about 18 inches above the plants.

Left to right: Gush Mints, Reeze McFlurry and Purple Star Killer.
Anx babies 12-20-22 D12.jpg

----------

And they'll soon have company!

That second Crescendo seed I buried wasted no time emerging from the soil. Buried on Sunday night at 9pm, above soil Tuesday at 6am!
Crescendo above soil 12-20-22 6am.JPG

She's a speedy one!

I'm still not seeing any movement in the peat puck with the Fat Bastard. But I'm still watching her like a hawk!

-----------

Thanks for all the feedback:

Myco add in huh! I'm hearing more and more about myco lately! Sweet!
I hope they like it Stone!
Is the leaf on that Reese Mcflurry half albino?
One leaf is half light green and half a darker green, if that's what you mean Lootz.
So much going on. Your busyness and my inability to get beans sprouted is about as much anxiety i can deal with at the moment.
That damn Germination Gremlin gets around Nev! Keep at it. :)
Those youngsters look happy as can be, GDB!...👶👶👶
Thanks Carcass. They do look quite content at the moment!
the lazy meter must be in the shop or something...
It tends not to squawk when I'm only messing with solo cups and peat pucks! :laughtwo:
Cool , you grew a tail

Wow that’s a sexy taproot you got there….

Now That's a Tail!
I didn't know some folks were so into tails! 😁

----------

As always, thanks for stopping by.

PEACE.

Hello growers.

This is a 12/21/22 post that's just a tad bit late getting posted. (That's for me, so I won't mess up counting days.)

I moved my 2-day old Crescendo baby to a solo cup today. After cutting away the skin on the peat puck I put her in Happy Frog soil bottomed with a layer of perlite and topped with earth worm castings.
anx Crescendo 12-21-22 D2.jpg

She's still sitting under my mini-LED. She's not ready for the light in the 2x2 yet.
Crescendo under mini led.jpg

----------

I up-potted the Pineapple Express clone from her solo cup into a 2 gallon fabric pot. She's been looking unhappy due to me neglecting her in her early days, so I'm trying to get her back into the swing of things. I had just enough new Fox Farms Ocean Forest to accomplish the 2 gallon up-pot. I also put a couple of tablespoons of insect frass into the pot and also topped her soil with earth worm castings. She had been in the solo cup for about 37 days (maybe more) getting little attention and hardly any nutrients and had filled the solo with roots.

I took the little riser from underneath the pot because it put her a bit too close to the @ViparSpectra XS1000 which is set to a height to please the other three Anxiety babies in the tent with her. After up-potting her I fed her 1 tsp of Roots Organics Grow + 1 tsp of RO Foundation.
anx 12-21-22 Babies D13 PE cl uppot D37.jpg

The 3 baby plants in the pic above are on their 13th day above soil. This past Sunday I fed them some Mycos + and I'm amazed at the resulting explosion of roots in the cups. That stuff works fast! I might post some root pics tomorrow (actually later today).

----------

I love to try new stuff. I am lucky to have 2 grow shops nearby and often just go in to look around to see what's available this month that wasn't there last month. I've established a talkative relationship with the sales guy at the store that I go to most often. He seems to be quite knowledgeable about growing, and he's shown me some awesome pics of his plants. I've grown to trust his advice even though he has a different color nail polish of each of his fingers. One day I asked him why so many colors and he responded that he likes variety. :)

Anyway, he convinced me to try this new myco product that they have in stock. I put it in the base soil and on the roots of the Pineapple Express when I up-potted her. And I put in the base soil of the Crescendo's solo cup before setting her in.

Xtreme Gardening Mycos.jpg

And that's all for this early morning update!

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE.

Hello growers.

This is a 12/21/22 post that's just a tad bit late getting posted. (That's for me, so I won't mess up counting days.)

I moved my 2-day old Crescendo baby to a solo cup today. After cutting away the skin on the peat puck I put her in Happy Frog soil bottomed with a layer of perlite and topped with earth worm castings.
anx Crescendo 12-21-22 D2.jpg

She's still sitting under my mini-LED. She's not ready for the light in the 2x2 yet.
Crescendo under mini led.jpg

----------

I up-potted the Pineapple Express clone from her solo cup into a 2 gallon fabric pot. She's been looking unhappy due to me neglecting her in her early days, so I'm trying to get her back into the swing of things. I had just enough new Fox Farms Ocean Forest to accomplish the 2 gallon up-pot. I also put a couple of tablespoons of insect frass into the pot and also topped her soil with earth worm castings. She had been in the solo cup for about 37 days (maybe more) getting little attention and hardly any nutrients and had filled the solo with roots.

I took the little riser from underneath the pot because it put her a bit too close to the @ViparSpectra XS1000 which is set to a height to please the other three Anxiety babies in the tent with her. After up-potting her I fed her 1 tsp of Roots Organics Grow + 1 tsp of RO Foundation.
anx 12-21-22 Babies D13 PE cl uppot D37.jpg

The 3 baby plants in the pic above are on their 13th day above soil. This past Sunday I fed them some Mycos + and I'm amazed at the resulting explosion of roots in the cups. That stuff works fast! I might post some root pics tomorrow (actually later today).

----------

I love to try new stuff. I am lucky to have 2 grow shops nearby and often just go in to look around to see what's available this month that wasn't there last month. I've established a talkative relationship with the sales guy at the store that I go to most often. He seems to be quite knowledgeable about growing, and he's shown me some awesome pics of his plants. I've grown to trust his advice even though he has a different color nail polish of each of his fingers. One day I asked him why so many colors and he responded that he likes variety. :)

Anyway, he convinced me to try this new myco product that they have in stock. I put it in the base soil and on the roots of the Pineapple Express when I up-potted her. And I put in the base soil of the Crescendo's solo cup before setting her in.

Xtreme Gardening Mycos.jpg

And that's all for this early morning update!

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE.
Is that a powder GDB?

Hello all.

Thanks for you interest.

PEACE.
Omg that root tongue!

So revolting icky yuck beautiful!

Congrats on yet another successful sprout, GDB...👍

And all the little gals look super happy to be there!

Babies and clone look pretty happy, and the clone is probably doing its damnedest after seeing what happened to its sibling:eek:)!

Sprout is living the high life under that well-supported mini LED. :)
Thanks Shed.

That clone is a bit perplexing. IMO, she just looks a little "odd."

Back
Top Bottom