ViparSpectra KS5000 Helps GDB Seek Anxiety!

:thedoubletake: Crescendo just that fast eh? Cool!!! Well, you are in for a treat, especially with your skills. Us too if you’re going to journal it! The Crescendo is a beautiful plant and very cooperative in terms of taking to training. Her internodal spacing is fabulous and her side branching is vigorous. And….you may become an Ethos convert. I’m blown away by their genetics every time I grow a strain of theirs. So far I’ve done the:
- Fruity Pebble Cookies
- Mac and Jack
- Crescendo
- Mandarin Zkittlez
I also have their Grandpa’s Cookies RBX I haven’t yet popped.

You spoke of NASC. Have you ordered from them before? I really like the very well protected and encrypted pay method they use. And if you haven’t, you’re in for another treat - their delivery in my experience is unmatched. You’ll have your seeds a week from ordering. And they’ll come with an awesome sticker and a freebie. Note that their freebies are in a small glassine bag that is stapled to the business card and if you don’t know are easy to miss. First time I got one I threw away the card not knowing and then emailed NASC and ended up fishing my freebie out of the trash can. Lmao! That email eventually led to me getting in touch with the owner, Beth, who is amazing and WAY knowledgeable. She is the person who recommended Ethos to me. She knows the folks there and speaks extremely highly of their skills. And this is an owner of a seedbank talking! It also eventually led to them coming on as a sponsor. (Jon pats his own back)

I am so excited that another grower, a good one, is going to grow this out! Good luck! :popcorn:
Thanks for that info Jon. And thanks for the turn-on to another high THC strain!

And finally, thanks for you kind words about my growing abilities. I learned most of my methods for not killing plants here on 420, and the plants already know what they're supposed to do! :)

I think you're out of the anxiety zone on the anxiety plants, so :welldone:

Nice roots on the yet another Walker offspring too. :)
At least I didn't abort her! :)

Hello again.

Yeah, I know it's my second post of the day but I've got nothing else to do at the moment. Plus I want to talk about how I'm going to grow these plants.

I'm now looking for a nice, healthy set of second leaves on my babies. When they're developed I'll begin feeding them a small dose of something. (Haven't decided yet but leaning toward MC.) Right now they're just being sustained by the bennies in the Fox Farm Happy Frog.

It wont' be much longer:

Purple Star Killer (looking a little weird):
PSK 12-14-22 D6.JPG

Gush Mints:
GM 12-14-22 D6.JPG

Reeze McFlurry. Her second set of leaves are the most developed but she's the teeniest plant.
RM 12-14-22 D6.JPG

----------

GROW METHOD
:

I'm not breaking any new ground here, but I'd like to document how I'm growing these for future reference.

Once the plants roots are well established, I'll be moving them from the solo cups directly into their final 3 gallon pots.

I "plan" to keep them in veg for 35-42 days depending on how the plants are doing. I don't want big plants and I will not be up-potting again so a long veg period is not desirable.

I'll be growing them in used Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil. I've hardly gotten rid of much from my previous grows so now I've got a load of it stored in large totes.

I'll stop with the MC as soon as they're out of the solo cups. Then I'll use Roots Organics dry nutrients "sometime after" they're up-potted.

I say "sometime after" because I was surprised to read in someone's recent post that @GeoFlora Nutrients has expiration dates!

I have a bit of old GF, including some that's already a little past it's stated expiration date! So rather than let more of what I have on hand expire, I'm gonna' try and use at least some of it up! (Please understand that I truly like GF nutes, but I haven't been able to use them that often because the Mrs. complains mightily about the smell.)

Since I'll be using organic nutes on these plants I'm going to prep their 3 gallon pots as if it was a GF grow, mixing in the appropriate amount of GF Veg for my pot sizes. I'll let the girls start on that and then "sometime after" I'll start with the Roots Organics nutes.

With an eye towards critters, I'll also be supplementing the 3 gallon pots with some insect frass and neem meal.

At the top layer of the soil they'll be a healthy dose of earth worm castings.

I've tested several sections of my used soil tote for ph. It's currently reading 6.6. When I add all this other stuff in, I'll do more slurry tests and see what's up before I up-pot the plants.

This may sound like somewhat of convoluted process but it's really not. In fact, even the Lazy-Meter approves.

I hope this works because I've got a bunch of used soil to go through! :)

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE.

Hello again.

Yeah, I know it's my second post of the day but I've got nothing else to do at the moment. Plus I want to talk about how I'm going to grow these plants.

I'm now looking for a nice, healthy set of second leaves on my babies. When they're developed I'll begin feeding them a small dose of something. (Haven't decided yet but leaning toward MC.) Right now they're just being sustained by the bennies in the Fox Farm Happy Frog.

It wont' be much longer:

PSK 12-14-22 D6.JPG

Gush Mints:
GM 12-14-22 D6.JPG

Reeze McFlurry. Her second set of leaves are the most developed but she's the teeniest plant.
RM 12-14-22 D6.JPG

----------

GROW METHOD
:

I'm not breaking any new ground here, but I'd like to document how I'm growing these for future reference.

Once the plants roots are well established, I'll be moving them from the solo cups directly into their final 3 gallon pots.

I "plan" to keep them in veg for 35-42 days depending on how the plants are doing. I don't want big plants and I will not be up-potting again so a long veg period is not desirable.

I'll be growing them in used Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil. I've hardly gotten rid of much from my previous grows so now I've got a load of it stored in large totes.

I'll stop with the MC as soon as they're out of the solo cups. Then I'll use Roots Organics dry nutrients "sometime after" they're up-potted.

I say "sometime after" because I was surprised to read in someone's recent post that @GeoFlora Nutrients has expiration dates!

I have a bit of old GF, including some that's already a little past it's stated expiration date! So rather than let more of what I have on hand expire, I'm gonna' try and use at least some of it up! (Please understand that I truly like GF nutes, but I haven't been able to use them that often because the Mrs. complains mightily about the smell.)

Since I'll be using organic nutes on these plants I'm going to prep their 3 gallon pots as if it was a GF grow, mixing in the appropriate amount of GF Veg for my pot sizes. I'll let the girls start on that and then "sometime after" I'll start with the Roots Organics nutes.

With an eye towards critters, I'll also be supplementing the 3 gallon pots with some insect frass and neem meal.

I've tested several sections of my used soil tote for ph. It's currently reading 6.6. When I add all this other stuff in, I'll do more slurry tests and see what's up before I up-pot the plants.

This may sound like somewhat of convoluted process but it's really not. In fact, even the Lazy-Meter approves.

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE.
Sounds like a plan, I know I’ll be dropping in. CL🍀

Hello again.

It wont' be much longer:

PSK 12-14-22 D6.JPG

Gush Mints:
GM 12-14-22 D6.JPG

RM 12-14-22 D6.JPG

----------

GROW METHOD
:

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE.
@Grand Daddy Black Nice growing, we are in. 😀

Hello again.

It wont' be much longer:

PSK 12-14-22 D6.JPG

Gush Mints:
GM 12-14-22 D6.JPG

RM 12-14-22 D6.JPG

----------

GROW METHOD
:

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE.
I like conserving soil! Sounds good!
Babies are looking fine man!

:popcorn: Better late than never. Those strains sound like fun. I'm of the opinion that THC % doesn't necessarily equate to a stronger/intense/nervous high. The Godfather OG I just did is advertised at 30% and I've found it very mellow. I suspect it's more related to terpene profiles. Maybe one of these will blast you into the land of 'Uh Oh' though. 🤣

:popcorn: Better late than never. Those strains sound like fun. I'm of the opinion that THC % doesn't necessarily equate to a stronger/intense/nervous high. The Godfather OG I just did is advertised at 30% and I've found it very mellow. I suspect it's more related to terpene profiles. Maybe one of these will blast you into the land of 'Uh Oh' though. 🤣
Couldn’t agree more @VetSmoke85 - a great example is a historically amazing strain we all know: Jack Herer. I have very occasionally seen high 20s% versions in dispensaries, but generally speaking it is not a high thc strain by anyone’s definition. Yet I have never met someone who doesn’t love the strain. When I was handcuffed to the dispensaries, I never bought anything less than 25%…except for the Jack! I’d buy it at even 18-19% sometimes. I knew the thc level was irrelevant and it would give me that special Jack Herer buzz regardless. Even when my tolerance is shot it works like that. Why? Like you said: terpenes!!

Sounds like a plan, I know I’ll be dropping in. CL🍀
Ha! All of my plans sound like plans! :laughtwo:
That is definitely a plan!
It sure sounds like one, per CaptainLucky!
@Grand Daddy Black Nice growing, we are in. 😀
Thanks ViparSpectra. I look forward to putting that light to use!
Define "healthy."
I can't do this with you Azimuth! :laughtwo:
I like conserving soil! Sounds good!
Babies are looking fine man!
Thanks Stone.

I was about to go buy some soil the other day but then asked myself, "What are you saving all of this used soil for if you're not going to use it?"

I'm of the opinion that THC % doesn't necessarily equate to a stronger/intense/nervous high.

Couldn’t agree more @VetSmoke85
I agree with you both!

As I said at the beginning of this thread:
Like I said, I've never felt anxiety from any weed and doubt that I ever will.

But I believe a "proper" single-grow journal should have a theme of some sort just to make it more interesting. I chose the theme of this one based purely on anecdotal information I've seen here on 420.

Again, from the beginning of this thread:
I've heard from numerous users here on 420 about how some high THC strains leave them with feelings of anxiety and paranoia.

So I based my theme on that premise. Plus it gave me an excuse to search for some high THC strains! :)

I can help u with PB if you like to try it. I got a hook up.lmao.turningnout to be a good bro
I've used them before Dust and I have plenty on hand.

Thanks for the offer though! :Rasta:

I'm using Roots Organic bottles and have been eyeing the dry nutrients, so I'll be watching closely as to how to apply how much when why etc.

I'll use this journal as my "show me how to do it once and I got it" source much like the world does with the tube nowadays:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom