ViparSpectra KS5000 Helps GDB Seek Anxiety!

Hello growers.

I'm much too proud as a new poppa. I love to show off my baby pics! :)

I move the 3 above-ground infants into my 2x2 tent under the @ViparSpectra XS1000. I'm anxious to get them under the KS5000, but for me it doesn't make sense to fire it up yet when I have this set-up available. You could say I'm being frugal.
Anx day 3-2 above 12-11-22.jpg

Reeze McFlurry day 3 above soil. Patience paid off this time. She's working out the membrane issue on her own.
RM 3 above 12-11-22.JPG

Gush Mints day 3:
GM 3 above 12-11-22.JPG

Purple Star Killer day 4:
PSK 4 above 12-11-22.JPG

Absent any movement in the other cup with the GDP x Banner, I sent another seed swimming last night. This one is a Forbidden Fruit (23-26% THC).

Here's the breeder description:

Forbiddent Fruit Indica strain crosses Cherry Pie x Tangie. It is not too space intensive, but provides big returns, making it one of the most popular strains worldwide.

Forbiddent Fruit is a cannabis plant that is easy to grow, adapting to any growing environment. It produces about 400-500 gr. m2 Indoor and 550-600 gr. plant outdoor. The buds are ready to be harvested within 55 – 65 days of flowering, finishing fully loaded with resin. For optimal indoor cultivation, [we] advise wide, vertical spaces and the use of the ScrOG method to obtain a uniform plane and increase the size of the lower flowers.

Perhaps dunking this seed will ensure the GDB x Banner emerges in the days to come. That would be so "normal." :straightface:

No matter. I can handle 5 plants, but just three was not going to do it for me!

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE.

Sorry I'm late. Life has been very busy lately and I'm pages behind on everyone's journals but I'm slowly getting through them.

Congrats on the new light, sponsorship, seeds and babies!

I find it interesting that ViparSpectra is giving so many KS5000s away. Yeah, I know you have to do a sponsored journal with it but still. I was offered one as well but at this point, I have declined it. Your light is 50 watts more than your previous one but it's less wattage than his previous one, which was 650 watts. So, it will be interesting to see.

The strain that gave me that taste of anxiety was Pineapple Express, which is supposedly 23% THC. I thought it was sativas that gave you that touch of anxiety. I've never heard of indicas doing that.

I have 4 routine strains that are supposed to be higher than 22% THC and the only one that gave me that kiss of anxiety was the Pineapple Express. If you're interested in knowing what the strains are, let me know.

Looking forward to your new grow, GDB.
That sucks feeling anxious and I hate to hear about anyone not enjoying a good Sativa. I really love to wake n bake with one and my morning coffee. It makes starting my day with a smile and energy to get going. I think your environment has a lot to do with the high. I get up early and sit out on my deck and listen to the birds n chill then I take a few hits from my 1 hitter. CL🍀

caught up and following along!
Some nice strains you have selected
sad about the GDB x Banner but actually kind of glad you dropped that forbidden fruit the first post you mentioned it my ears perked up!
looking forward to seeing this through!

Hello growers.

I'm much too proud as a new poppa. I love to show off my baby pics! :)

I move the 3 above-ground infants into my 2x2 tent under the @ViparSpectra XS1000. I'm anxious to get them under the KS5000, but for me it doesn't make sense to fire it up yet when I have this set-up available. You could say I'm being frugal.
Anx day 3-2 above 12-11-22.jpg

Reeze McFlurry day 3 above soil. Patience paid off this time. She's working out the membrane issue on her own.
RM 3 above 12-11-22.JPG

Gush Mints day 3:
GM 3 above 12-11-22.JPG

Purple Star Killer day 4:
PSK 4 above 12-11-22.JPG

Absent any movement in the other cup with the GDP x Banner, I sent another seed swimming last night. This one is a Forbidden Fruit (23-26% THC).

Here's the breeder description:

Forbiddent Fruit Indica strain crosses Cherry Pie x Tangie. It is not too space intensive, but provides big returns, making it one of the most popular strains worldwide.

Forbiddent Fruit is a cannabis plant that is easy to grow, adapting to any growing environment. It produces about 400-500 gr. m2 Indoor and 550-600 gr. plant outdoor. The buds are ready to be harvested within 55 – 65 days of flowering, finishing fully loaded with resin. For optimal indoor cultivation, [we] advise wide, vertical spaces and the use of the ScrOG method to obtain a uniform plane and increase the size of the lower flowers.

Perhaps dunking this seed will ensure the GDB x Banner emerges in the days to come. That would be so "normal." :straightface:

No matter. I can handle 5 plants, but just three was not going to do it for me!

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE.
It is the right choice to put it under XS1000 when it is just germinated. When they start to grow leaves and get stronger, consider transferring to KS5000 :thumb: :thumb:

I’m in. Only missed four pages! Congrats on the sponsorship and that light looks like fun. Tent is as clean as expected! I’m totally in love with your strain selection. I never get anxiety either and try to grow high thc strains always, lol. The Crescendo I have now is listed at 30-37%! You’ll have some fruity love, pulling up a chair!

I’m in. Only missed four pages! Congrats on the sponsorship and that light looks like fun. Tent is as clean as expected! I’m totally in love with your strain selection. I never get anxiety either and try to grow high thc strains always, lol. The Crescendo I have now is listed at 30-37%! You’ll have some fruity love, pulling up a chair!
Welcome Jon! I'm especially fond of subs with short names.:laughtwo:

Crescendo huh?

Noted! :)

Welcome Jon! I'm especially fond of subs with short names.:laughtwo:

Crescendo huh?

Noted! :)
That’s so funny. I’ve often thought the same. It’s kind of a pain in the ass when they’re long or bounce between capital and lower case letters. Lmao.

Hello grow folk.

I'm calling this Day 6 for the 3 Anxiety babies, Purple Star Killer, Reeze McFlurry & Gush Mints.
Anx 12-14-22 D6 labels.jpg

And, in my "Hershel Walker" moment, I am confessing to fathering a clone that I've never publicly mentioned.

That Pineapple Express clone is from one of the top branches (2nd node) of the plant after it had been topped. One day I was doing a little training and "snap," branch in hand.

She had 2 side branches on her so I took that cutting in a way to save them. That didn't work. They both fell off while I was trying to get her to root leaving me with nothing but a stick in the soil containing 2 itsy-bitsy leaves that had just starting growing into between the main stem and one of the side branches.

For some reason, I didn't toss her but left her in the GDBCloner® where she eventually rooted.

I didn't keep notes on any of this because I kept telling myself I was going to toss her so I'm not sure how long she's been in that cup. I'm just going to say it's been 30 days based on the root development.
PE clone D30.JPG

And I have no other secrets (that I'm willing to admit to).

----------

The Forbidden Fruit that's been paper-toweled for 3 days now is showing me no love. It doesn't even look like it plans to pop open so forget about her. I'm not going to plant it without a tap root showing only to repeat what I went through with the other failed seed (GDP x Banner).

@Jon mentioned that he has a Crescendo (30-37% THC). It's a cross of ((Chem D x i95 x Mandarin Cookies) x Headband x i95). It's an Ethos seed and I've been wanting to try one of their products. I found them at 420 sponsor North Atlantic Seed Co. and they should be here in a few days. When they arrive I will send one swimming.

I also ordered some "Fat Bastard" (Goldmember x Monkey Spunk) seeds with a THC rating of 30-38% for more adventures down the road.

That's all I have for today.

As always, thank you for your feedback:

That sucks feeling anxious
I'd like to find out! :Rasta:
And, I think we can all agree that 4 solo cups in a 5x5 just looks kinda silly...😉
IKR. Who would do such a thing!
Hey I resemble that! :) :hookah: Maybe we like silly.
Oops! :laughtwo:
caught up and following along!
Some nice strains you have selected
sad about the GDB x Banner but actually kind of glad you dropped that forbidden fruit the first post you mentioned it my ears perked up!
Sorry to disappoint Lootz but the FF is now a no-go. Maybe next time.
Congrats on the light sponsorship!

And may you find the anxiety you seek.
Thanks Azimuth. Hell, I don't need no weed for that! All I have to do is to try to germinate some seeds! :straightface:
It is the right choice to put it under XS1000 when it is just germinated. When they start to grow leaves and get stronger, consider transferring to KS5000
That's the "plan" Vipar!
Seedlings are just nerve wreckers!!!! Its like trying to figure out why ur baby is crying Geez 🙄
The sniff test usually worked for me!
I for some reason don’t take stress very kindly. I will gladly look at some silliness until we can get onto those yellowing leaves.
In due time Nev!

----------

PEACE

Hello grow folk.

I'm calling this Day 6 for the 3 Anxiety babies, Purple Star Killer, Reeze McFlurry & Gush Mints.

And, in my "Hershel Walker" moment, I am confessing to fathering a clone that I've never publicly mentioned.

That Pineapple Express clone is from one of the top branches (2nd node) of the plant after it had been topped. One day I was doing a little training and "snap," branch in hand.

She had 2 side branches on her so I took that cutting in a way to save them. That didn't work. They both fell off while I was trying to get her to root leaving me with nothing but a stick in the soil containing 2 itsy-bitsy leaves that had just starting growing into between the main stem and one of the side branches.

For some reason, I didn't toss her but left her in the GDBCloner® where she eventually rooted.

I didn't keep notes on any of this because I kept telling myself I was going to toss her so I'm not sure how long she's been in that cup. I'm just going to say it's been 30 days based on the root development.
PE clone D30.JPG

----------

The Forbidden Fruit that's been paper-toweled for 3 days now is showing me no love. It doesn't even look like it plans to pop open so forget about her. I'm not going to plant it without a tap root showing only to repeat what I went through with the other failed seed (GDB x Banner).

@Jon mentioned that he has a Crescendo (30-37% THC). It's a cross of ((Chem D x i95 x Mandarin Cookies) x Headband x i95). It's an Ethos seed and I've been wanting to try one of their products. I found them at 420 sponsor North Atlantic Seed Bank and they should be here in a few days. When they arrive I will send one swimming.

I also ordered some "Fat Bastard" (Goldmember x Monkey Spunk) seeds with a THC rating of 30-38% for more adventures down the road.

Thanks Azimuth. Hell, I don't need no weed for that! All I have to do is to try to germinate some seeds! :straightface:

That's the "plan" Vipar!

In due time Nev!

----------

PEACE
Man my apologies! That’s a bummer but I’m still locked in for the ride regardless!
My ears perked at the new strains you mentioned on the way.

I almost fell out the bed laughing at that Hershel Walker joke 😂
The laughs you provide alone are enough to follow along 😂

Man my apologies! That’s a bummer but I’m still locked in for the ride regardless!
My ears perked at the new strains you mentioned on the way.

I almost fell out the bed laughing at that Hershel Walker joke 😂
The laughs you provide alone are enough to follow along 😂
Those are definitely some heavy hitters. I can hardly wait to start my first indoors Golden Tiger grow under my new @MedicGrow Fold-6 with @Prescription Blend nutes. I’ve seen many successful grower’s use them. CL🍀

Hello grow folk.

PE clone D30.JPG

----------

The Forbidden Fruit that's been paper-toweled for 3 days now is showing me no love. It doesn't even look like it plans to pop open so forget about her. I'm not going to plant it without a tap root showing only to repeat what I went through with the other failed seed (GDP x Banner).

@Jon mentioned that he has a Crescendo (30-37% THC). It's a cross of ((Chem D x i95 x Mandarin Cookies) x Headband x i95). It's an Ethos seed and I've been wanting to try one of their products. I found them at 420 sponsor North Atlantic Seed Bank and they should be here in a few days. When they arrive I will send one swimming.

That's the "plan" Vipar!

In due time Nev!

----------

PEACE
:thedoubletake: Crescendo just that fast eh? Cool!!! Well, you are in for a treat, especially with your skills. Us too if you’re going to journal it! The Crescendo is a beautiful plant and very cooperative in terms of taking to training. Her internodal spacing is fabulous and her side branching is vigorous. And….you may become an Ethos convert. I’m blown away by their genetics every time I grow a strain of theirs. So far I’ve done the:
- Fruity Pebble Cookies
- Mac and Jack
- Crescendo
- Mandarin Zkittlez
I also have their Grandpa’s Cookies RBX I haven’t yet popped.

You spoke of NASC. Have you ordered from them before? I really like the very well protected and encrypted pay method they use. And if you haven’t, you’re in for another treat - their delivery in my experience is unmatched. You’ll have your seeds a week from ordering. And they’ll come with an awesome sticker and a freebie. Note that their freebies are in a small glassine bag that is stapled to the business card and if you don’t know are easy to miss. First time I got one I threw away the card not knowing and then emailed NASC and ended up fishing my freebie out of the trash can. Lmao! That email eventually led to me getting in touch with the owner, Beth, who is amazing and WAY knowledgeable. She is the person who recommended Ethos to me. She knows the folks there and speaks extremely highly of their skills. And this is an owner of a seedbank talking! It also eventually led to them coming on as a sponsor. (Jon pats his own back)

I am so excited that another grower, a good one, is going to grow this out!

Good luck! :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom