Ok I edited in to my previous post, a couple links to info about HID dimming. The second link is one I found when I was looking for the first one just now.

I was thinking tonight- this is almost definitely the best state my grow has ever been in. I've got so much variety going on in there right now, and almost all of it's pretty healthy. The grow gods are smiling on me for now. I don't take that for granted. There's a lot of luck involved and it's usually always a boom and bust cycle around here. I'm so used to things verging on disaster that I'm not quite sure how to compute this and I won't forget to sacrifice that chicken.

Tead I unstuck your buddy, he said he was getting really hungry.

Took a machete to the veg room.

IMG_82654.JPG

Killed and threw out seven plants, chopped a couple down to stumps, and pruned down and supercropped a few of the other ones that were getting the most pushy. This buys myself some time.

IMG_82625.JPG

Goodbye Mama Thai :( This is in a ten gallon pot - the one I was about to put into flowering... Sorry to see her go. I have a clone of her just rooted in the cloning bin.

IMG_82646.JPG

Chopped the big Malawi down to about a 10" stump.
Tis but a scratch. Though when her clone cuttings root the rest of her might follow.

I also rebuilt and insulated an attic corner to make a little isolation chamber for breeding purposes. It's not the greatest spot but better than anything I had before.
I moved the CS treated hermie P Chunk in there.

IMG_82678.JPG

Killed and threw out seven plants, chopped a couple down to stumps, and pruned down and supercropped a few of the other ones that were getting pushy. This buys myself some time.

Man... that brick wall at the end of the garden size trail is damn unmovable. Rough.
Of course, when you fill your garden too much, everything suffers, so what you've done is a good thing... just not so pretty to see the pile of green death when you're done.

Really, the wall around the grow is an invisible one, formed in reaction to stupid laws. If it wasn't there then I'm sure the rest of my house and life would be full of plants too. But they can't go outside because of cold weather. And they can't move elsewhere inside because of smell. So there's this tiny grow space with an invisible cutoff point. It's kind of like a little oxygenated habitable bubble in space. One mistake and the bubble pops and trouble gets in.

Finally managed to get a lazy Stunday and read through the journal to catch up. Thing is I think I took a wrong turn somewhere along the way as everything looks way too healthy and under control in here, where is Weaselcracker and what have you done to him?!?

Loved the write up on Colloidal Silver, I'll be making some when the last of mine runs out (which is at 40ppm I might add), you make it look a lot easier now than back when I last saw it being discussed, +reps :thumb:

Wow Weaselcracker, your making us look like slackers. Let me get my butt into the steamy shower and get this day going already. I have a filter to get cleaned up and reset. That's not gonna do itself now, is it?

Things look wonderfully green and vibrant in your grow spaces. I know that bewildered feeling that you might have crossed dimensions into one where your gardening chores became more instinctive and profoundly more effective. :laughtwo: I'm doing my best to stay there a while longer this time.

Mama Thai's been with you how long now? My garden space keeps begging for the big 4x4 to be put back up. We know the trouble that expansion brings though, so I resist. Someday though, I won't be quite so restricted. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Looking good sir!

Question... when you spray your females to reverse them, what is your seed production like on the treated plant? Do you notice a difference in seeds from different strains, same strain, clone of the same genetics, etc...

I ask because I've had a male flower from time to time and have gotten a handful of seeds. I notice (quite possibly incorrectly) that you turn a plant and use it pretty much exclusively for pollen and discard. In my experience, I've had 6 plants in a tent and 1 will have 10-15 seeds on 1 plant and I'd be hard pressed to find seeds on any of the others. I think it's a self pollinating event. I dunno... just trying to figure out if I need a pair of clones or just 1 if I take a stab at making seeds.

Keep forging.. I think a crack is forming somewhere? Peace

I know that bewildered feeling that you might have crossed dimensions into one where your gardening chores became more instinctive and profoundly more effective. :laughtwo: I'm doing my best to stay there a while longer this time.

Mama Thai's been with you how long now? :battingeyelashes: :love:

You know- Sue you summed up my confusion perfectly. I'm so used to a certain amount of confusion and it's actually confusing when everything works. I don't know what's happening.
Practise pays off and the laboratory rat finally figures out the maze, on acid, with half its brain removed ? The grow always has a mind of its own and right now I'm not sure why the plants are behaving so well. It makes me quite suspicious. But I don't want to say anything about it too loud- so we will just coast along like this for a while...and see what happens next.

That particular Mama Thai plant was at least four months old. Maybe even five because she was on the back burner a long time and has endured various enforced slowdowns, including two grafts sessions with the Panamas and came out of those episodes looking a bit squashed.
Then for the last few month I was deliberately growing her bigger again to put her in flower.
Till the Cheese started turning purple and I decided to keep it in longer.
So the MT got slowed down again, then finally chopped.
Are you following this? :laughtwo:

Looking good sir!

Question... just trying to figure out if I need a pair of clones or just 1 if I take a stab at making seeds.

Ok well I'm still pretty early on in figuring this all out, so I can't answer the question too well, but my general impression is that nanners just don't make very much pollen. I've had lots of nanners for various reasons in the past. And several times I did the thing where I sprayed the tip of a branch one bigger plant with CS, until it hermied, and then just let it run and grow thousands of them. Then I chopped the hermied branch later on. A lot of nanners doesn't seem to make a lot of seeds. I could still count the seeds produced in the room in the dozens. Though I did always have a nervous eye on the situation and chopped the hermies at some point.
Some people have health concerns about spraying part of a plant with CS, if you're going to harvest the rest of it. I don't have so much worry about the toxicity of the silver- but it's one more reason to use a small disposable clone.
I haven't grown out many of the seeds I've made yet. I can't say whether there's any difference between using two clones and using one. You'd think it would just be exactly the same thing genetically. The time I used two clones, I threw out the sprayed one after- because without a proper grow chamber for it I can't easily keep them. Especially since it's outside the all important grow bubble, and intruding on the real world and makes a surprisingly big stink for such a small plant.
My last pollination run, with Critical Cheese, was done in very cold temps and the isolation chamber never got above about 13° C for weeks on end and that slowed everything a lot, and the nanners weren't opening as fast or as much as I hoped they would. I tried my best to pollinate the untreated one multiple times.
I ended up with about 30(?- didn't count) seeds and they look good except -very tiny. They're 'sooo cute' as my girlfriend would say. I don't know what the sprouts will look like. Also very cute, I suppose. I think I'll do the CC run over again, if my new space seems to work, and try to get regular non-cute seeds.
So yeah, uhh what was I saying? I think you can just treat one clone- no problem, and I don't think it will pollinate everything else severely or have genetic issues. Check out Dr Ziggy's CS thread if you haven't already. I also experimented in that thread with spraying varying doses to see if I could control the number of nanners. And blah blah blah blah ...

I cringe every time you say that you killed a perfectly good mature plant because you were out of room.

I hope you dried the leaves and put them in a jar to use i your cooking. I can tell you from experience, A few tablespoons of dried MJ leaves in your chili will put you out like a light. For HOURS! You don't needs buds for happy meals. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Ha ha. I was thinking of you, Ak. I knew you'd be attracted, with a little plant blood in the water. I felt bad about it, but it would have been too much stress over the next few weeks if I didn't- and I would have ended up just doing it down the road anyway.
No, I just threw them in the brush pile, but temps are hovering just above zero here now and those plants will keep indefinitely out there. I've changed plans before and hit up the brush pile and taken clones from plants I killed ten days earlier.
Do you know if sativa leaf has the same effect?
And- did you see my post about the jug of terpinator?

Ha ha. I was thinking of you, Ak. I knew you'd be attracted, with a little plant blood in the water. I felt bad about it, but it would have been too much stress over the next few weeks if I didn't- and I would have ended up just doing it down the road anyway.
No, I just threw them in the brush pile, but temps are hovering just above zero here now and those plants will keep indefinitely out there. I've changed plans before and hit up the brush pile and taken clones from plants I killed ten days earlier.
Do you know if sativa leaf has the same effect?
And- did you see my post about the jug of terpinator?

My dried leaf stash is indica-sativa-hybrid mix. And I let them cure like I do buds. Waste not, want not. You ever price dried herbs at the market? They can be beyond expensive! Added as an herb to any meal, you're going to get the benefits of the whole-plant cannabinoids, if you can get the dosage right.

Something very amusing about getting stoned on a big bowl of chili with ground meat, and a few favorite vegetables in it. :rofl:

I saw the post about a jug of terpinator, but I didn't know what it was, and thought it might be a joke that went over my head. :loopy:

Home - terpinator.com contributes -
4L Terpinator

Plus a Terpinator hat, Terpinator shirt, Terpinator hat pin and Terpinator lanyard.

Something I won in the nug of the year. It's supposed
To enhance smell/flavour. It doesn't ship here so I would have to contact the company and try to get it shipped to someone in the US. So far they havent contacted me.

A few random photos.

~PANAMA~
@ 69 days flowering.
She's a pretty gangly plant. Largely because I went away on vacation for a couple weeks right after I put her into flowering, and she stretched funny.
I hooked up an auto-watering system for everything, and left it to my lovely assistant to check on the situation while I was away. The lovely assistant left to another town (better seasonal festivities) and this girl bolted into the light and singed herself on the bulb. After stretching way out in weird directions, she grew large heavy buds which mostly all sag halfway to the floor and bounce around on their branches like some sort of weird mobile.
Buds have stopped growing bigger now and she seems to be sitting still. I'll let her ripen another couple weeks or so.
Not sure if I'll scrog her next time. Probably not yet. I only like to scrog if I have to really.

IMG_84273.JPG

IMG_84283.JPG

IMG_84294.JPG

IMG_84301.JPG

~MYSTERY CHEESE~

One of the hexapus plants, a seed I found in one of the Critical Cheese harvests. Showing a bit of that Critical Cheese symmetry, which is the leaf in my avatar pic.

IMG_84241.JPG

IMG_84254.JPG

IMG_84261.JPG

Yeah, I usually tend to focus on kinks, and problems and issues in the grow, not good plants. Not sure what to do without issues to try and solve, or problems to spice things up. I'll wait and see what happens, the grow devils will bail me out of this terrible dilemma eventually. Twists and turns are interesting. Screw ups are funny. Good plants are nice, but -Make an interesting journal, out of good plants? Yawn...
Will improvise.

Back
Top Bottom