Winging It In Winter By The Window: Soil Auto Grow

It's the large metal tank that heats the water for your taps. What is that called in your necks of the woods? I love that English can be so diverse... gets me into trouble sometimes :laugh:
I call that my water heater. Lol.

I call that my water heater. Lol.
I think me and Shed posted our answers at precisely the same moment. Lol!! I thought you were talking about an outdoor fountain you had in the yard or something like that.

I have spent much of this past week trawling journals of some of the finest growers of weed I could hope to learn from. I feel grateful that you folks are here to catch me before I do something that kills my plants. It's so nice to have the company and encouragement! Tagging people now, I asked @Trala to come and join the conversation here not only because she is a lotta fun and knows a thing or five about growing weed, but also because I am going to try to train my plants into a canopy in her footsteps under the tutelage of @Carcass (author of excellent tutorials referenced earlier in my thread and in his current journal). I would like to create a canopy to prevent my plants from getting too tall for the position of the light. I can't move the plants any further away from the light than the table and bench, but I have had a hook put in my ceiling so that I can lower it if needs be. I'm hoping @DV8 will join the conversation here too.

Thank you HG, I'll give that a try So that is straight into the hole but the surrounding soil is all dry? and then spray watered or similar until the roots have started to grow?

OMG I :green_heart: this! Screw the second paper towel. I've moved the West Coast OG seed into her peat pellet and planted her next to Caramel King. Here they are under their light. They are about 45 cm away from the light now. Is that ok or should it be closer?
IMG_20220430_185901.jpg

That was @Brewsterman who made that. I am going to see if I can fashion something similar!
Omg hi!

Thanks for the invite and I’m sorry I’m late!

I had problems with my flights, then got delayed in customs. I got frisked… liked it and got frisked again… then again… then again, got married, got divorced and now here we are!

L O L L I N G !

I will sit quietly up the back, and be no trouble. And when I say I will, I mean I’ll try.

I love the thought of growing by the window. There are soooo many unique and clever ways to grow in here.

Joke for you.

How do you catch a unique rabbit?
Unique up on it! Get it? Unique = you sneak.

I slay me!

:laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

I think me and Shed posted our answers at precisely the same moment. Lol!! I thought you were talking about an outdoor fountain you had in the yard or something like that.
I like "geyser" for water heater. It's a great name to use if you want to hear your friend say, "Your what?" :laughtwo:

I see now. If the 200w is fairly accurate then should be simple.

1kwh is 1000w per hour. Every 5 hours of run time is 1kwh. Or every hour is 0.2kwh.

If you know the price per kwh should be somewhat accurate.

Its early morning though, cant really trust my brain 100%.
Thank you DV.
This is the breakdown of my recharge voucher, so I think the unit price is R1,82. I don't know the formula for working it out. I didn't learn maths at school, so I can count and divide / multiply but problem solving it a toughie.
Screenshot_20220429_210403_com.android.chrome.jpg

I had problems with my flights, then got delayed in customs. I got frisked… liked it and got frisked again… then again… then again, got married, got divorced and now here we are!
Lmao! Welcome Tra, and have a seat there with DV... are your toes clean?
Congrats on the new babies.
Looks like a good light.
Never heard the term geyser, in NZ we call it a hot water cylinder.
Thank you JJ! :welcome: I'll learn this light, indeed I shall.
I was wondering what it was called in NZ and Aussie :)
I like "geyser" for water heater. It's a great name to use if you want to hear your friend say, "Your what?" :laughtwo:
LOL! And in the UK they refer to men as geesers, same pronunciation, different spelling.

@InTheShed I tried watering down the sides and it went down two sides but not all around. It ran out the bottom though. Does this look right? I removed the sack from the peat pellet before planting. Her root was through the bottom and I forgot to take a pic.

DSC_6886-Edit.JPG

Thank you DV.
This is the breakdown of my recharge voucher, so I think the unit price is R1,82. I don't know the formula for working it out. I didn't learn maths at school, so I can count and divide / multiply but problem solving it a toughie.
Screenshot_20220429_210403_com.android.chrome.jpg

Thank you JJ! :welcome: I'll learn this light, indeed I shall.
I was wondering what it was called in NZ and Aussie :)

LOL! And in the UK they refer to men as geesers, same pronunciation, different spelling.
Daaaaaaaaaauuuuuumn carmen. Should have waited for the 1st rather. Now you got lower than half of your value!!! Buy on the 1st of each month then you get atleast half of the value you buying.

Look at all the extras they deduct first and then what is left is what you will be getting as units. What a friggin rip off!!

Thank you DV.
I looked at it and did some AUD to R(and) conversions to figure if the units were kwh per 1,82. Im guessing so. I might have to scroll back and take a peak at the meter, but it sure did look like it was in kwh.

But lets assume for a second. Your light at 18:6 would be 18 x .2kwh per day to run for a total of 3.6kwh. For veg its an extra 1,82 x 3.6 = 6.55 R (rounded) per day.

Flower be 12:12 so 1,82 x 2.4 = 4.37R (rounded)

Per week veg 6.55 x 7 = 45.85
Per week flower 4.37 x 7 = 30.59

But all on the assumption 1 unit is 1kwh.

And the actual out of pocket costs is higher. 1000R ÷ 383.6 = 2.60.

@Trala has both clean and pretty toes. Look they are magnificent but its a bit forward to say it like that. Not ugly will suffice.

Its really just ugly toes that bother me on the internet, virtual toes dont tend to smell. At least not that Ive noticed.

Tra, you're next to me, its sure to be trouble. But its Carmens fault. Also sad to hear of your divorce, sounded like a beautiful shotgun marriage though. I was captivated.

I looked at it and did some AUD to R(and) conversions to figure if the units were kwh per 1,82. Im guessing so. I might have to scroll back and take a peak at the meter, but it sure did look like it was in kwh.

But lets assume for a second. Your light at 18:6 would be 18 x .2kwh per day to run for a total of 3.6kwh. For veg its an extra 1,82 x 3.6 = 6.55 R (rounded) per day.

@Trala has both clean and pretty toes. Look they are magnificent but its a bit forward to say it like that. Not ugly will suffice.

Its really just ugly toes that bother me on the internet, virtual toes dont tend to smell. At least not that Ive noticed.

Tra, you're next to me, its sure to be trouble. But its Carmens fault. Also sad to hear of your divorce, sounded like a beautiful shotgun marriage though. I was captivated.
Nice working it out bro. Yeah its straight 2.60R but she has additional costs involved before they even give the units. I presume she is buying through the coct muni whereby they have extra charges which is on the purchase receipt.

Right you are. 1 unit = 1kwh

Daaaaaaaaaauuuuuumn carmen. Should have waited for the 1st rather. Now you got lower than half of your value!!! Buy on the 1st of each month then you get atleast half of the value you buying.

Look at all the extras they deduct first and then what is left is what you will be getting as units. What a friggin rip off!!
Skottelgoed thank you! I did not know that was a thing. I can't believe I have been overpaying for electricity? What crooks. Jeepers. I'm so upset right now, and Frog Foot are down and I am using Telkom data. They've been down for nearly 24 hours here. This country's service delivery robs people of joy ugh.

Skottelgoed thank you! I did not know that was a thing. I can't believe I have been overpaying for electricity? What crooks. Jeepers. I'm so upset right now, and Frog Foot are down and I am using Telkom data. They've been down for nearly 24 hours here. This country's service delivery robs people of joy ugh.
Yeah things are bad for us here. Its no joy living in SA anymore. They going to rob this counrty till there is nothing left to rob and then they will just fuck right off while we all going have to fend for ourselves.

Just a headsup but there will be another elec increase coming in july!

Like I previously said. In SA you pay more for less.

Thank you for the detail DV. I am sorry but I just can't take the numbers in. I don't understand them. I have just seen Skottelgoed's post about me paying too much for electricity because I bought it on the wrong day of the month.... that adds another whole dimension. I'm not going to pursue the maths. It's too distressing. I will just top up when I run out, if I run out before 1 June, or else I will buy more on 1 June to try to get that bizarre saving. I wonder what would be their reason for that. Mind blown.

Thank you for the detail DV. I am sorry but I just can't take the numbers in. I don't understand them.
Its fine. Ill make it easy. Its really just the answer you want, not the maths.

Your light will use:
3.6 units per day in veg at cost of 9,36R
2.4 units per day in Flower at cost of 6,24R

Weekly veg total cost 65.52R
Weekly Flower total cost 43.75R

Or Weekly units used is
25.2 for veg
16.8 for flower.

I have just seen Skottelgoed's post about me paying too much for electricity because I bought it on the wrong day of the month.... that adds another whole dimension. I'm not going to pursue the maths. It's too distressing. I will just top up when I run out, if I run out before 1 June, or else I will buy more on 1 June to try to get that bizarre saving. I wonder what would be their reason for that. Mind blown.
Crazy. They are crooks here too.

The only difference is they supply then send the bill and if you cant pay let the creditors go at you who put their slice on top of a bill you cant pay!

Wherever a new company cold calls I just Say ' Awesome, where do I sign, I owe a small fortune already and they were threatening to cut me off, You’re just in time, life savers!'

Your light will use:
3.6 units per day in veg at cost of 9,36R
2.4 units per day in Flower at cost of 6,24R

Weekly veg total cost 65.52R
Weekly Flower total cost 43.75R

Or Weekly units used is
25.2 for veg
16.8 for flower.
That's a great help, thank you DV. That's for an 18/6 and 12/12 cycle right? I had pretty much made up my mind that I will go full tilt with the light 24/7 given that the plants are on the auto clock. Can I just double the flower rate to give me what I will use at 24/7? So I am looking at another 87.50R a week on top of my normal bill, is that correct? That helps me budget and will tell me what I'm saving if anything by growing my weed rather than buying it. Thanks muchly!
You’re just in time, life savers!
lol, yes!
:welcome: Hey V.S. welcome!
at 17:00 today
Hey Skottelgoed... the fuckers. I still haven't got my internet back so I'm using phone data atm. We go dark at 8pm so I am cooking supper early. What time do you go dark?
DSC_6895-Edit.JPG

Caramel King is 2 days old and an inch from the soil. She has a scar on one cotyledon which I think came from having helmet head. My West Coast OG hasn't popped yet so I've put another one into paper towel. I will hang onto the first OG for for a few more days but really it has been 5 days with no tail yet, so I'm thinking the seed is dud. @Skottelgoed Spons , was it the West Coast OG that failed to pop for you too? I'm concerned that time is ticking away. I wanted to get two grows of two plants done by October. If I don't see a tail in two days I will put the seeds into a pot outside and see what they do, and wet an NBA Diesel for inside instead.

Back
Top Bottom