Wrenn's Grow: x4 HSO Raspberry Diesel In DBHBB 10/2018

Yeah, stick to the 1/4 trans. Soon enough, when they're drinking every day or two, you'll be doubling up the drenches, I.e. Trans>Trans>RO>GE>GE.

:passitleft:

Ok will do thanks bro!

Garden Update Day 34

493DFEBA-72D3-4187-8FFF-D9FE33A05A5C.jpeg

Howdy all, just wanted to show you guys how they look. It’s been almost 3 weeks in these 0.8Gal pots and the HB soil. They look good and the training / topping are coming along.

The Lower leaves are slightly yellowing and it’s been this way since the jump. No big deal as long as that yellowing doesn’t increase. Leaf posture got better after the brix I gave them yesterday. Now it’s back to the same old half droopy.

They seem to be growing slowly. Maybe that’s because I’m used to autos that are fast. Day 35 with those and they are bud sites forming by now and the plant is stretching its last few inches up.

I’ll be patient and keep to the schedule, they have about 2 more weeks until I will upcan to the 7s. I’m sure the roots can’t wait to explode into those bigger pots. My RH in the house isn’t going over 50% much now the temp plummeted to -15c the other day. Huey is working 24/7 to keep high 40s stable.

Off to visit the local grow shop to pickup some supplies. Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving :rollit:

Great color. :thumb:

This next couple weeks will get more tricky in 0.8 gallon pots. :) But it looks like you're ready - those saucers will help a lot. So far, they look very nice. :slide:

Great color. :thumb:

This next couple weeks will get more tricky in 0.8 gallon pots. :) But it looks like you're ready - those saucers will help a lot. So far, they look very nice. :slide:

Thanks for the kind words Gray, Lol hey Atleast I tried to fill them up really good. Every time I dunk them I do lose a little bit of Promix. Been getting better at not being such a clumsy gardener.

I have a bunch of these saucers but I don’t think the 7 Gal nursery pots will fit in them. Just picked up some bigger ones.

Next run I’ll find some true 1Gal pots to start in. Sucks I really like these green 8inch ones too.

Do you think they are growing slow because the roots are full in these pots ?

I want to let them run two more weeks for another TP and GE. They seemed to get a short burst of growth after the GE but it only lasted a couple days.

I want them to grow taller lol. The dang shoots that I topped are only 2inches and that topping was done a week or more ago.

Hopefully it’s just they want a big pot to be big girls.

Hope you have a great weekend Gray thanks for checking up on my journal :green_heart::Namaste:

Garden Update : Day 39

Still some yellowing happening on lower fans. I plucked a couple of the first leaves to make watering easier.

Growth has been decent. They got 1/4 TP in place of plain water on Sunday night.

I also lowered the light down to 28inches from the girls. They were at 30-32 inches before.

Each plant has around 8-10 tops. Lst training is in full effect. 1 more GE and TP and these girls are going to get up canned.

Also did a Leaf wash monday, the girls look hungry a lot of the time so I figured they should get atleast 1 or 2 LW during veg. They responded well and showed good leaf posture after.

B5E2C914-69B7-4B64-8958-138ECF358804.jpeg

Group shot. Seeing some of that High Brix sheen happening :cool:

DFFF517E-8018-42B2-9C5A-BF00CBA096F6.jpeg

593A9F37-CB57-4C0C-B4BB-232F744806AA.jpeg

CC3CA0DF-2384-4718-AFDB-4CB8F8A2AAAC.jpeg

2FD4DEE2-2645-4A7B-8458-9014C9138F67.jpeg

98A162C0-B39A-4A32-AD2E-C021EC7EA782.jpeg

Hope everyone is having a good week. If anyone has any suggestions to get the yellowing to stop or even slow down I’m open to it. Overall plant health is good. Enviro is good. Figure they are lacking something. Maybe Mag or Nitrogen?

Cheers guys :green_heart:

Garden Update : Day 39

Still some yellowing happening on lower fans. I plucked a couple of the first leaves to make watering easier.

Growth has been decent. They got 1/4 TP in place of plain water on Sunday night.

I also lowered the light down to 28inches from the girls. They were at 30-32 inches before.

Each plant has around 8-10 tops. Lst training is in full effect. 1 more GE and TP and these girls are going to get up canned.

Also did a Leaf wash monday, the girls look hungry a lot of the time so I figured they should get atleast 1 or 2 LW during veg. They responded well and showed good leaf posture after.

B5E2C914-69B7-4B64-8958-138ECF358804.jpeg

Group shot. Seeing some of that High Brix sheen happening :cool:

DFFF517E-8018-42B2-9C5A-BF00CBA096F6.jpeg

593A9F37-CB57-4C0C-B4BB-232F744806AA.jpeg

CC3CA0DF-2384-4718-AFDB-4CB8F8A2AAAC.jpeg

2FD4DEE2-2645-4A7B-8458-9014C9138F67.jpeg

98A162C0-B39A-4A32-AD2E-C021EC7EA782.jpeg

Hope everyone is having a good week. If anyone has any suggestions to get the yellowing to stop or even slow down I’m open to it. Overall plant health is good. Enviro is good. Figure they are lacking something. Maybe Mag or Nitrogen?

Cheers guys :green_heart:
Looking great Wren!
With that yellowing, I mostly see that in the lower leaves, is that what you’re worried about? I’d say it’s fine, they look like they are doing very well, the new growth is nice and green and most the older leaves are as well. If they keep eating those lower fans, I would just up the Drench amounts a bit. That’s the only way I can keep from losing too many lower leaves in veg.
But over all I’d say you’re doing great, those will be fun to watch in flower!

Edit: After a second close up loll at your pics, I do think I see a bit of yellow in some of the new Growth. How long since your last Brix?

Hey Wrenn! What Day said, up drenches a bit. They look almost perfect so don't worry. You CAN up can now or after the ge and tp BUT docs directions are to up can once they are drinking/feeding every day or two and when they almost get to that point you are doubling up the drenches, not in the amount but the frequency so TP, TP, RO, GE, GE, RO. There are a lot of varieties on how to do this but doc suggests to follow directions as close as possible for the first couple runs.

Looking great Wren!
With that yellowing, I mostly see that in the lower leaves, is that what you’re worried about? I’d say it’s fine, they look like they are doing very well, the new growth is nice and green and most the older leaves are as well. If they keep eating those lower fans, I would just up the Drench amounts a bit. That’s the only way I can keep from losing too many lower leaves in veg.
But over all I’d say you’re doing great, those will be fun to watch in flower!

Edit: After a second close up loll at your pics, I do think I see a bit of yellow in some of the new Growth. How long since your last Brix?

Thanks Da, yeah I haven’t ever had a MJ plant produce yellowing fans so early. Usually this happens in mid flower at the earliest. It’s triggered my OCD lol. Also I do not see this happening to Doc’s plants. Lol I strive for perfection in anything I do but this is over my head. It’s all good tho no big deal. I’ll figure it all out eventually.

I’ll up drenches more. Next one I’m planning to do 8-12ml.

Also do I double the tea with these double strength dunk drenches ? Or just the TP/GE and tea remains regular strength?

Last Brix was the only Brix I’ve given them so far. It was approx 10-14days ago. These 4 have gotten 1 Brix Foliar and 1 Leaf wash. They are due for another Brix in a few days. No De Stress yet. Although Ive been itching to try it.

Cheers Da thx for the assistance :high-five:

Hey Wrenn! What Day said, up drenches a bit. They look almost perfect so don't worry. You CAN up can now or after the ge and tp BUT docs directions are to up can once they are drinking/feeding every day or two and when they almost get to that point you are doubling up the drenches, not in the amount but the frequency so TP, TP, RO, GE, GE, RO. There are a lot of varieties on how to do this but doc suggests to follow directions as close as possible for the first couple runs.

:passitleft: Whew needed that, Thanks Brotha Ween!

Will do they are due for TP Drench once bone dry. Probably tomm after work. Checked on em today and still damp.

Yeah I figured I could Up Can aswell especially since they aren’t in true 1 Gal pots. Would love to get some of those GROWPOTS Gazoo has been using. They don’t ship to Canada though and they are a little expensive. Also they don’t make bigger than 5Gals.

I’ll stick to TP Drench Tomm. Then continue to monitor how long it takes to get dry. Still on the 2.5-3 day mark. Maybe another 2 weeks and they will be at the point of needing water every 1.5-2 days.

Thanks for the guidance :Namaste:. Can’t wait to upcan. Not used to being at day 40 and having plants this small lol. Hoping they blow up in the 7s real good.

Once you up pot sprinkle roots and score the plants roots and you will be surprised how fast they take off :cool:

You know I never scored the roots, just cant bring myself to cut/disturb them :hmmmm:
but yes it is the recommended procedure :thumb:

Now that I think about that I never do get a big root mass in the TENs once finished so
onetime I may have to do it, to see :thanks:

You know I never scored the roots, just cant bring myself to cut/disturb them :hmmmm:
but yes it is the recommended procedure :thumb:

Now that I think about that I never do get a big root mass in the TENs once finished so
onetime I may have to do it, to see :thanks:
Ya I wouldn't say it's like a magical must do technique but I can understand the logic behind it. With us growing in 10gal that extra veg time in the 10s helps more than anything. :passitleft:

Once you up pot sprinkle roots and score the plants roots and you will be surprised how fast they take off :cool:

Thanks For the reminder about scoring the root ball. Will do! :high-five::passitleft:

I’ll only be in 7s but since this is my first HB run I’ll follow as many of Doc’s steps as possible. Next time I can always try it without and see if there is any difference.

Cheers guys :ganjamon:

Day 45 Garden Update :

This weekend I transplanted the girls into thier final 7Gal Pots. This was not the plan but I checked on them on Friday and saw a few white pistils. No clue why they are showing pistils when still under 18/6 lighting. They did get a bit less light some days I worked on them outside the tent but that was just a different kind of light not darkness. Checked my timer and and it seems to be working fine.

Either way I decided to pull the plug on the small pots. Upon transplanting I was happy that the entire small pot was full of dense roots. I scored them every 45 degrees around the pot and gave a generous dusting of roots! before placing them in thier new homes.

They responded well to the transplanting. I gave them 15ml TP + 1.2ml Tea. Also hit them with a Brix Foliar Sunday. They were pretty happy after this.

Next will be another week or two of Veg. Because I started off in small pots around he size of solo cups with just plain Promix HP and EWC + Sprinkle of Roots. This lasted two weeks. Then they went into HB soil for 3 more weeks Ithey haven’t gotten what the Kit calendar shows.

It shows 2 GE feedings. 2 TP feedings plus 2 Brix and 2 Destress Foilars. My girls only got 2 TP 1 GE and now 2 Brix. No De stress so far. My plan is to straighten this out by giving a double strength GE Drench next watering and if that lasts 5-6 days before pots dry I can think about flipping to 12/

7A850A67-A162-4F43-91B8-4B6D53B5D15D.jpeg

Friday night Transplant session :smokin:

35B21555-070E-412F-8831-4C8AE477BDF7.jpeg

Crappy picture but this is showing a couple white pistils. There are a few more now across the four ladies. Mostly on the two is topped.

7CC0A716-226B-4426-9BBF-ECE1F1332898.jpeg

Roots! Pics don’t do justice just how solid these are in the small pots. From the top to bottom they are nice and full. Strong too!

CB25C2D6-AC26-45D2-8F05-DD35F9BF6FBB.jpeg

CD49D880-1E96-4754-BE7D-250F86055D7E.jpeg

Here they are after the upcan. I like these plastic 7Gal pots ! Wish I had them in a set of 10s! Looks like 10s will fit in my 3x3 :rollit:

And here they are tonight 3 days after upcan and feedings

474A3527-F448-4DA9-9B6D-D2B1E88AB903.jpeg

Aerial Shots of each

5B2B934C-5EC4-43C8-A7E1-A1D00AADBF69.jpeg

4A1E1161-4F16-4DD3-BFF8-CFD3B54574B0.jpeg

DCC46221-A432-4D3F-99FD-61A87CD67B8B.jpeg

01FEA5BB-818D-458B-8AB2-DBE663F7A640.jpeg

Really tempted to defoliate. Trying to hold off until they get a bit more height. The topped girls have a better structure.

Should have a blowup by next week! Cheers all :green_heart:

Looking good Wrenn! The pistils are just pre flowers probably. Got any pics. My veg plants are full on flowering in veg! It's odd. I have 2 clones that are very old and the 2 from seed are pretty old too. I had to sulfur burn due to pm and if that doesn't come back in the next week, I'll flip. Below are my flowering Veggers.

Looking good Wrenn! The pistils are just pre flowers probably. Got any pics. My veg plants are full on flowering in veg! It's odd. I have 2 clones that are very old and the 2 from seed are pretty old too. I had to sulfur burn due to pm and if that doesn't come back in the next week, I'll flip. Below are my flowering Veggers.

Hiyas Ween, that’s good that this is normal then. Just never done anything but autos. I figured in veg under 18/6 they wouldn’t show pistils. Sorry to hear about the PM. Your veggers look awesome. How old do u reckon your veggers are ? Once I get a new 4x4 or 5x5 I’ll be making this 3x3 my veg tent. I also have a 2x4 I could use for keeping a mother and cloning. But not sure if that is big enough. Ideally I want to keep 2 mothers to begin with. And have space for some clones in the veg tent.

Evenin to ya Ken. Things look proper over here. Like your idea for gettin some #10's.
Was wondering if you were gonna fill up the pots more.. Cheers.:passitleft:

Sir Duggs :passitleft:, thanks things are coming along slowly.

Yeah I knew the soil would sink in a bit. But figured a recharge and top dress of some EWC is coming soon. I’ll top up the pots then. Unless u think I should just add more HB soil in before the recharge.

Also I have bloodmeal and Epsom salts. Not really sure if this strain would want that. Raspberry Diesel is a Cherry Afghan X Sour Diesel #2. Probably will just skip these if unsure.

Will find some nice 10ers for next round :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom