Wrenn's Grow: x4 HSO Raspberry Diesel In DBHBB 10/2018

Hey guys been crazy busy since the new year. The girls have been doing Quite well.

Garden Update : Day 20

EFC06A7A-DE7D-4112-8E02-A9D94320265E.jpeg

Going to give the girls Plain RO later tonight. They are coming up on Cat Drenchs. Excited to get those done. Buds are starting to swell up. Trichomes are taking over and resin is oozing out of the flower sites. The smell is still quite faint until you touch a flower. It’s very tangy and sour smelling. With a tart citrus or even raspberry smell. Happy with the smells so far.

I managed to do a bubble run on 3oz of sugar leaf and popcorn bud I had left over from my last autoflower grow. Gorilla OG.
Ended up with a nice haul from two runs.

Here is a shot of most of the haul. The 25/45/73/90 bags are very nice to smoke. Going to roll some temple balls with the 120 stuff. :surf:

C26EFBEE-D623-4F8F-BBDA-452CF623DBA2.jpeg

Some 25 micron bubble. o_O

2071A89C-AFF8-4E17-B8DD-0FB5E5B14DBE.jpeg

Second run board :drool:

BE26EEB7-5EA1-4DA4-88BE-04E36F106808.jpeg

First run board. :drool:

I dry my bubble in the garage. Canadian winters are great for this. My garage is insulated and stays just over freezing when outside is below zero. Humidity is always low aswell around 30-40%.

That’s about it for now. Will get you guys another update in a week or two when the buds start blowing up :cool:

Good day 420 Fam :green_heart:

I've been tempted to try some dry ice sift in the garage, but without needing the dry ice. :p

It's going to be sub zero next week, so I could freeze the herb outside overnight, and sift the next day - no humidity of any kind to clog anything up ... no chunks of ice, no water ... :slide:

:bongrip: Ever heard of anyone doing that?

I've been tempted to try some dry ice sift in the garage, but without needing the dry ice. :p

It's going to be sub zero next week, so I could freeze the herb outside overnight, and sift the next day - no humidity of any kind to clog anything up ... no chunks of ice, no water ... :slide:

:bongrip: Ever heard of anyone doing that?

Hey Gray, I’ve never tried to freeze my trim outside but I’m sure it would work. This weekend here in Southern Ontario temps are going to dip to -10 to -20c.

I usually dry my plants whole or near whole. Whatever works to hang easily. Then trim and freeze any little buds / sugar leafs.

I’ve done the dry ice method a couple times. My only peeve with it is the dry ice is sold only at a few spots in toronto. So I have to drive 45mins to QEW & Cawthra and back to Milton. Easily a 2-3 hr errand. Spend $15-20 and then do the dry ice run. It works well and is fast. Yields are great. Quality however isn’t as good as Bubble Hash in my opinion with the product I used.

The first time I did this I shook the bag to much and for too long. This is very easy to do. It completely demolished the trim and I had a lot of plant material and junk that fell through my screens.

In the future I will only do dry sift in a pinch. Also I will be careful to only gently shake almost like vibrations for around 60seconds. Whatever I get will be good enough.

Second run I can get more aggressive and maybe shake for 2-3 mins. I’d expect some plant material.

I’d also press this stuff into Rosin as the yields are quite good and the end product is nice.

This time I used a little washing machine sold by Bubblebagdude. And a 8bag 5gallon set. The process took around 3 hrs for 2 runs. Then another hour of chopping up the patties on the cardboard pieces. Drying has been 3 days so far and I’ll just keep the Bubble in the garage because in my house is too warm.

If u have screens and bone dry material I’m sure you could just break it all up on the screen and without any dry ice let the heads fall through.

I’m definitely a fan of the Bubble over the Dry methods.

I used only RO water. Ice cubes made from RO ( took a week to make enough ). I’m sure it would have been fine with normal ice. Also I did the process in the garage. It was around 40-45 degrees and 30% RH. This helped a lot in the separation. First run in the washing machine was only 5-6mins. Second was 15mins. I’m sure I could have even done a 3rd run and got a nice amount but it was late and I was done with it.

The 25/45/73 is so nice. I have been dabbing those and they leave a little residue but I don’t mind cleaning the banger between each hit.

Also I clean each bubble bag as it we finish cleaning the screen. Using 99% Iso and cold water to rinse. Hoping the bags will last me a few years. It’s easy to get lazy and the sceeens get clogged with resin glands or junk.

Anyway sorry for the rambling. Hope some of that helps :passitleft:

Got to catch up on all the Brix journals this week. Cheers guys :ganjamon::bong:

Nice Ken....73 is my fav.
Have you thought of leaving out the 90 bag.......it all just gets cought in the 73....so....
After several hundred runs over about 15/16 years, i only use 5 of the 8 bags .....just no need for all the different grades hangin around.
Next time , maybe try using only the 25, 73 ,120, 190, 220.
Only collect from the 25,73 and 120.
So ..i label mine 25/45...73/90.....and 120/160
U see......i just eliminate the 45,90, and 160. All those heads are cought in the next bag is all....takes way less time then fartin around with all 8 bags....
Just a tip/thought Ken. Cheers.

Nice Ken....73 is my fav.
Have you thought of leaving out the 90 bag.......it all just gets cought in the 73....so....
After several hundred runs over about 15/16 years, i only use 5 of the 8 bags .....just no need for all the different grades hangin around.
Next time , maybe try using only the 25, 73 ,120, 190, 220.
Only collect from the 25,73 and 120.
So ..i label mine 25/45...73/90.....and 120/160
U see......i just eliminate the 45,90, and 160. All those heads are cought in the next bag is all....takes way less time then fartin around with all 8 bags....
Just a tip/thought Ken. Cheers.

Heyas Duggs, yeah I know a lot of people are doing this and saving time. I only used all 8 because I wanted to be damn sure no plant material got into the 120 and below bags. Really the problem last time was I was dumb and shook the crap out of the dry sift and didn’t realize I was ruining my end product :rofl:. Ah well live and learn right.

I use a 220 work bag in the washing machine. Then another 220 and the 190-160. So it cleans up real nice once it hits the 120. I’ll probably take out two or three bags next run and see how that works.

The 73 is nice yeah, for me every time is different lol. Sometimes I take a dab of the 25 or 45 pile and it’s super tasty. Next time it’s the 73 that melts down and only leaves a little brownish slag left over. This stuff doesn’t burn as clean as rosin or shatter I’ve bought but it taste really nice. Gets u high as a kite and it doesn’t cost me anything to make now that I have all the required items.

Wish you guys could try some! I’ll be likely smoking just Bubble until this Raspberry Diesel is cut down. Can’t wait to try the Bubble from that! :cool:

Thanks for the tip brotha , Cheers!

Yup...no worriez....also bud...try only mixing for 5 or 6 min's.
Makes higher quality...i usually get full melt in the 73 that way.

Yeah thanks! I realize that now. First time I had no clue what I was doing for the most part.

For anyone that hasn’t tried dry ice sifting or ice water bubble hash but wants to try. I recommend a few things.

Do the process in a cold environment. Anything close to 70f will degrade your terpenes and begin THC conversion to CBN

Garage in winter is my spot and is much closer to freezing (32degrees).

Also have a clean area with a large surface area. My garage was a mess and things got a little cluttered. Next run I’ll tidy up better before starting.

Next up is do not over wash or over shake your product. First run is to get quality not quantity. Like Duggan has advised. In the dry ice or dry sift method be very gentle with how you shake the bags. I like a gentle shimmy over any kind of shaking motion.

For the ice water bubble hash only do 5-6 mins max for first wash. Second wash go nuts. If your using x2 220 and other screens u can easily do a 15min second and third run and get nice results. As long as your initial product is good.

Lastly when your lifting up your bubble bags have a sprayer handy. I used a 2L spray bottle with really cold water in it. I sprayed all the water over each bags screen. This showering of water helps to sort out any contaminants or trichomes stalks etc. You really can’t over do this part and it makes for better end product.

Also when you are drying the bubble hash you will need to chop the patties up. Most people use a card or knife of some sort. You cannot over due this step and this is the best time and almost only time to do this. After just a few hours of drying any bigger pieces are now hard as a rock and if u try to break them up it will explode and scatter all over losing your hash! So yeah just chop it all up very fine when it still has moisture in it.

Hope this helps some members. :green_heart: Happy growing and blazing guys :ganjamon:

Hi guys. I’m having some rusty discolouration on one of my girls. This started around a week ago and has slowly progressed. They are behind on a Brix and I’ll be giving them that soon. Last feed was a TP+tea 48hrs ago.

1D891318-E7F5-41FA-9CC4-7D8950E74C47.jpeg

CBC6E579-052D-49E7-9128-1520BDD04AE8.jpeg

The veins on these fans have more red the. Others. Lack of MG?

I’m on day 26 or so of flower so hope it’s nothing that can’t be fixed easily.

Cheers guys will have a update later tonight or tomm.

Attachments

• 21ACF1A7-0E2C-43C7-8B48-B8DC1135FFFA.jpeg
    21ACF1A7-0E2C-43C7-8B48-B8DC1135FFFA.jpeg
    518.3 KB · Views: 106
  • E0AB8434-F192-4913-BEC1-B8CAFB150439.jpeg
    E0AB8434-F192-4913-BEC1-B8CAFB150439.jpeg
    554.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 5DC7C55D-49AD-477B-9E0C-3AF9AB445413.jpeg
    5DC7C55D-49AD-477B-9E0C-3AF9AB445413.jpeg
    521.7 KB · Views: 100
Hope everyone is doing well. The girls are thriving and starting to fatten up.

Garden Update Day 27 of Flower

102979A3-589B-4600-BD56-7110AC33BD84.jpeg

7BF4AF2E-F033-460E-92EB-94FB246EC1FF.jpeg

8FC60080-C82E-49BD-B296-84BEBA2E62F7.jpeg

EA0B512D-1BF1-446A-9A5D-114A0531FC75.jpeg

BEC2E5CA-DF43-456F-BE4F-1F825DB0C1CE.jpeg

2E211BF9-0D05-4AC8-9089-48FC4926A5B7.jpeg

3E3B0792-1E50-4E0C-AC2A-0CE2644F4088.jpeg

One more plain water and then it’s Time for Cat Drenches. They are Loving Doc’s Kit. I took a peek with my loupe the other day and already saw some amber trichomes. Was very surprised for only Day 26 into 12/12. Likely just the one area on the top Cola. Will monitor a handful of bud sites in the next few weeks.

Smells are now present around the house. Sealed up the tent and am running the filter. It’s working well for just a 4 inch.

The plant that sits at the front left of the tent is the best smelling. It smells of intense tangy fruity ness. Like Grapefruit Halls. Citrus is evident. Beneath that it’s Diesel.

The other 2 big girls that sit back left and front right have been topped. Seems these raspberries like to be topped once and trained. The un topped girls are fine but they just had LsT and so many nodes grew right off the main stem they got crowded up and eventually a few got pruned away. They would not have had enough light down under the canopy. Lesson learned. Spread the plant out more to allow more nodes to develop.

The shortest girl that sits back right has the most Indica structure. The flowers have very bright white pistils. The trichome coverage is amazing. Very thick layering.
Yield will likely be okay at best.

The two big topped girls smells are Quite nice. They just do not have that tangy and fruity ness. They are more Diesel or Fuel like. Yeilds look to be nice so far. Maybe 4+ oz each.

Took these shots after Brix last night. Temps here have dropped to -20c over the last few days. RH has been low inside aswell. Hoping we get some relief so my poor Huey can have a little rest.

:nomo:

That’s all for now have a great week gang !

Looking good :high-five:. That rusty color is likely from low rh or could be the plants starting mid bloom fade. Either way they look good healthy and loving life.

Thanks KB :slide:, I thought it was MG Defeceny but I’m not sure. Also it could be the plants are a bit cold or low RH.

I didn’t expect to see temps as low as this. Or air as dry. I recorded a low of 65f the other night. Highs are up to 79-80 so it’s good that side. I think I will slip some thick cardboard under the tent. It sits on concrete floors. But I have thick plastic saucers so I hoped that was enough. Don’t want the medium to be much colder than 70f.

RH dropped to as low as 30% l have it now stable at 40-45%.
Cheers KB :ganjamon:

Thanks KB :slide:, I thought it was MG Defeceny but I’m not sure. Also it could be the plants are a bit cold or low RH.

I didn’t expect to see temps as low as this. Or air as dry. I recorded a low of 65f the other night. Highs are up to 79-80 so it’s good that side. I think I will slip some thick cardboard under the tent. It sits on concrete floors. But I have thick plastic saucers so I hoped that was enough. Don’t want the medium to be much colder than 70f.

RH dropped to as low as 30% l have it now stable at 40-45%.
Cheers KB :ganjamon:
Definitely sit those plants on a piece of styrofoam or something to insulate the roots from cold concrete, that can definitely cause issues.

Definitely sit those plants on a piece of styrofoam or something to insulate the roots from cold concrete, that can definitely cause issues.

For sure going to do that tonight. Thanks KB :Namaste:

If you feel they are short on Mg, add some snake oil to your brix spray it you have it. That's what is for. Mix it .25 ml/oz of water.

Thanks Neiko, unfortunately I don’t have the snake oil. I can order some soon but until then is it okay to use Epsom salts ?
Luckily it’s not affecting much of the plant. Just 3-4 fans. Could get worse though. I think the Brix helped.

15 degrees is also more spread than we like. 10-12 degrees is better.

I can see well enough from your pics, that the leaves have very nice turgor and shine, so no worries - it's just a natural thing - can't be 100% all the time. :)

By all means don't spray epsoms - topdress only, if necessary.

Hey Wrenn! Your plants look pretty much perfect! Don't add epsoms and you probably don't need the snake oil but could order out to have it on hand. Nice work on those girls! :high-five:

Thanks Ween :high-five:

I Just removed the few fans with rust. They were blocking some light to lowers.

Ok I’ll be needing to contact Doc soon for more GE and Brix for the next round. So will likely grab some snake oil too.

Does anyone know if I can clone or re veg one of these girls ? I want to try if so.

:passitleft:

I agree with Ween and KB, maybe wait and see how much just the insulation helps. Sluggish soil can cause that rusty leaf... May not need to add anything. They do look great!
Maybe try and have your low around 69? Idk, 65 seems cool for 80 degree days.

I reset the temp gauge and with the cardboard boxes under the tent the lowest it got on the floor of the tent was 68 and change.

My tent doesn’t normally hit 80 but spikes as high as that. It logged a 78.9 F as the high for the last 24hr. So looks like temps are back in the ideal zone. 68-79.

Thanks Da :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom