Xlr8's "Flo N Gro" Hydro Multiple Strains 2011

So that Hydrofarm setup just "pumps" via rising bubbles, like aquarium undergravel filter? Were your room temps high, or did the heat issue arise from the air pump? Pretty nice for an autoflower--would be hard to beat that even outside. Good job.

Hey Looks great my friend. I have acouple of the eco growers myself, they cost like 70$ at the time I got them. Your units look as good as they are. I kind of like doing the hydro buckets except it's kind of hard to keep mine up in these after they get alittle er top heavy. If ya know what I mean. If it wasn't for having to drain them I'd bet you could do a mean scrog with one. I want to get a top for mine that makes it a lid contained screen. Well enough babbling,
enjoy your Labor Day Keep em Green

So that Hydrofarm setup just "pumps" via rising bubbles, like aquarium undergravel filter? Were your room temps high, or did the heat issue arise from the air pump? Pretty nice for an autoflower--would be hard to beat that even outside. Good job.

Hi OG -

Yes, I have one air pump with 2 air outlets, one connected to an air-stone in the reservoir, and one connected to a fitting that pumps air down into a column that pushes nutrient solution back up through the drip rings (that's the 14$ waterfarm kit).

Thanks, yes - I was thrilled with the results on the auto-flower. First time I'd grown one, but I gather that was a pretty good yield. :)

Nah, my room temps were fine, but the black bucket and attached reservoir just want to follow the room temps. 75f is good for the room, but not ideal for the roots (roots like it better under 70f). So, just threw icepacks in the res each morning and evening to help keep it cooler a bit. Plant seemed to like it just fine that way, but may have been fine without me using the icepacks...?

X

Wow that auto sure turned into a monster in that homemade waterfarm bucket!

:thanks: She was a beast - I was blown away, for sure. Just a summer boredom grow, and some of the best bud I've ever had, and a great auto-flower yield to boot! :)

Hey Looks great my friend. I have acouple of the eco growers myself, they cost like 70$ at the time I got them. Your units look as good as they are. I kind of like doing the hydro buckets except it's kind of hard to keep mine up in these after they get alittle er top heavy. If ya know what I mean. If it wasn't for having to drain them I'd bet you could do a mean scrog with one. I want to get a top for mine that makes it a lid contained screen. Well enough babbling,
enjoy your Labor Day Keep em Green

Hi Wood!

I think you summed it all up well, If not for res changes, they'd be great for a scrog. My auto was pretty compact, but I can see how they can get top-heavy too! Somewhere i saw a lid contained screen thing, but can't remember where---I love creative stoner ideas like that!

Some pictures and notes:

PPM's shot up in the Chocolope bucket quickly as it must have taken up a lot more of the water. I will have some burned tips, but hopefully no major damage done. Those small single bucket reservoirs work fine, but they are a little high maintenance as you have to really watch for PPM and temp issues which can get out of whack easily. I changed the nutrients in the bucket today and brought it back down to about 270ppm.

Plants in the Flo N Gro, and the Magic Bud I can't seem to let go of are still looking great with their new growth. PPM's for them are running about 500ppm and have risen from about 460ppm at res. change, but I'm not worried about that. All the new growth looks great - green and healthy. Super pleased at the moment.

Pictures of the Ladies:

Chocolope seedling:
sept_5_choco.jpg

Magic Bud:
sept_5_magicb.jpg

Lavender:
sept_5_lavender.jpg

Skywalker:
sept_5_skywalker1.jpg

Skywalker 2:
sept_5_skywalker2.jpg

Lucy:
sept_5_lucy1.jpg

Lucy 2:
sept_5_lucy2.jpg

Group Shot:
sept_5_group.jpg

Ladies are looking great XL love those fat leafs on the skywalker, So jealous of hydro cant wait to start mine up

Thank you Crower -

The Skywalker's are really pretty and healthy so far. Clearly they are the biggest fan of how I'm doing things, (but they've all been happy since the Flo N Gro started).

Yes, I can't wait to see you do hydro, too, though what you're doing now seems to work great. :thumb:

coming along great xl nice haul on the big bang :roorrip:

Thanks Social -

Yes, they are coming along great now - I have one Lucy that's just a little funky in how it's growing, but it's looking better all the time, too.

That Big Bang was a hell of a cool auto! I had so much fun watching it grow up, and am having even more fun with it now that I'm vaping it! I didn't know auto-flowers could get that big or yield that much. ;)

Nice having you here my friend - thanks for the kind words. :)

:bong:

Back
Top Bottom