Xlr8's Hydroponic Adventures & Photos From The Garden - 2012

Re: Xlr8's Hydroponic Adventures and Photos from the Garden - 2012

I actually have one of those !!!!

Problem is I didn't know any better when I put my plants in the tent, I have all kinds of strains growing together. Sativas and Indicas. Now I know better but it's a lil late lol
I will certainly need your guys help. You guys are the greatest I swear!

You're jumping in with both feet alright! It'll work out - I'm sure you'll get plenty of opinions on when to harvest. We all like sharing our opinions around here! :)

Well, now you can use it!

Yes, this is the best forum... Have you seen the bickering, name-calling, and insults that fly in most of the other forums of this type? It was the reason I lurked here for about three months before signing up. I just couldn't believe how helpful these people were. But in my time of activity here, I've come to love this place, as you can probably tell, because of how helpful and sincere everyone here is.

:amen: brotha!

I've been out of touch for a few days.. Great reading as usual.

Has anyone gotten the celestion microscope working on a 64bit Windows 7 PC? I was researching these about a month or so ago, and could not find one that was usable on a 64bit machine as drivers were not yet written for 64bit.

I want one of these or something similar in the worst way. The radio shack unit just does cut it for me. You can see what you need to see but the field of view is so small you can only see 3-5 trichomes at a time. Plus you can't take pictures to share.

Great pictures... those are some beautiful plants.... healthy and frosty. :goodjob:

Has anyone gotten the celestion microscope working on a 64bit Windows 7 PC? I was researching these about a month or so ago, and could not find one that was usable on a 64bit machine as drivers were not yet written for 64bit.

I want one of these or something similar in the worst way. The radio shack unit just does cut it for me. You can see what you need to see but the field of view is so small you can only see 3-5 trichomes at a time. Plus you can't take pictures to share.

Great pictures... those are some beautiful plants.... healthy and frosty. :goodjob:
I have Win7 64bit (Ultimate) SP1....It works quite well on mine. download Digital Microscope Suite 2.0 from the Celestron Website. No drivers required. Make sure you're using the USB 2.0 port (in the back) and not the ones on the front. Use F12 to go Full Screen - Use <Esc> to get back to windowed view.
Untitled-174.jpg

Screenshot from Win7:
Untitled-174.jpg

I also use it on a WinXP x86 SP3 box... it freezes the computer sometimes, dunno what that's all about. Restart and it's fine though.

Great info JANDRE2k3 !! I will be buying one very soon..

For me it is a total bitch to check trichs with the Radio Shack model. The eye clops looks really nice!! All for the low price of $45. And being able to download the pics too!! Great Job! Your journal is fast like OMM's!!! :thumb:

Well, now I know what to get you for your leap year present :thumb:

The next one we have that is.............

I have had that sitting on my amazon wish list for awhile. I have the RS handheld as well as my old (real deal) manual microscope from childhood that works very well. I want to share what I see, and it fits the bill..

Sounds like you need an assistant :)

Hi Surfbuddy - :surf:

A whole team of them would be great!

My wife helps me out when I really need it, and she is supportive as heck, but I don't like bugging her for help too much. I prefer to limit my requests for help to the most important/necessary aspects as to keep the support as high as it is, if that makes sense! ;)

Finally caught up on the journal! And loving it! Congrats on ur beautiful nuggs! Long time to cure but I agree. Treat it like wine!

:bravo:

Thanks SpirTHC -

I think the goal for curing is how I mentioned it, but sometimes they dry faster based on density, etc., and the process can be much shorter.

Appreciate the kudos on the nugs! :thanks:

Thanks 70's! I want one of those things too, and I agree the radio shack thing doesn't cut it. The Eyeclops is better, but doesn't take pictures - I want to be able to get those good close-ups.

I have Win7 64bit (Ultimate) SP1....It works quite well on mine. download Digital Microscope Suite 2.0 from the Celestron Website. No drivers required. Make sure you're using the USB 2.0 port (in the back) and not the ones on the front. Use F12 to go Full Screen - Use <Esc> to get back to windowed view.
Untitled-174.jpg

Screenshot from Win7:
Untitled-174.jpg

I also use it on a WinXP x86 SP3 box... it freezes the computer sometimes, dunno what that's all about. Restart and it's fine though.

Great info JANDRE2k3 !! I will be buying one very soon..

:cheesygrinsmiley: Glad I could help. Keep in mind, it's not the end-all of USB microscopes, very basic, but the pics it takes are amazing for the price.

Way to help a brother out Jandre! :high-five:

I believe it to be one of the best for the money.. the best it is not. It's on my wish list.
:high-five:

Mine too!

Well, now I know what to get you for your leap year present :thumb:

The next one we have that is.............

:rofl:

For me it is a total bitch to check trichs with the Radio Shack model. The eye clops looks really nice!! All for the low price of $45. And being able to download the pics too!! Great Job! Your journal is fast like OMM's!!! :thumb:

Eyeclops doesn't take pictures, but the USB one does, and I want one bad! Eyeclops does give you a nifty way to view the trichomes, though. :)

Yes, things move fast sometimes, though this journal is thankfully a little less busy than my last I think. :thanks:

I have had that sitting on my amazon wish list for awhile. I have the RS handheld as well as my old (real deal) manual microscope from childhood that works very well. I want to share what I see, and it fits the bill..

Some of the pics people post from these things are amazing, huh? Eventually, I'll pull the trigger. :)

Here's the gals in flower, just completed 8 weeks. Also, I cut a sample nug or two the other day, and thought I'd give one a more proper dry for fun to get an even better idea of taste, etc. The Deadhead nugs are insanely frosty, and thought I'd share a few pics of the one I dried. Hope you all had a great weekend!

Deadhead OG:
apr_16_1.jpg

Deadhead OG:
apr_16_3.jpg

OG Kush - tried to capture the slight purpling that's starting:
apr_16_2.jpg

Jack the Ripper:
apr_16_4.jpg

Jack the Ripper closeup:
apr_16_5.jpg

Deadhead OG Sample Nug, after 3 days drying:
apr_16_6.jpg

apr_16_7.jpg

apr_16_8.jpg

Just beautiful, Brother! :welldone:
I was hoping to get a NOTM entry in for next month, but I think I'll be voting for that Deadhead OG! :yummy:
+REPS!

Just beautiful, Brother! :welldone:
I was hoping to get a NOTM entry in for next month, but I think I'll be voting for that Deadhead OG! :yummy:
+REPS!

No sheet... it don't get better than those pics.

Wow, just WOW!:welldone:

Back
Top Bottom