Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

re: Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

Good point X. It really would change into taking care of equipment rather than plants :laughtwo:
Keep it growing my friend. If I haven't already said this, I hope you had a very merry christmas and a great new year.

Here's to 2013 :passitleft:

Sure would be cool to adjust PH while visiting OMM and the boys in Hawaai, though, huh?!

Hope you're having a good new year so far as well, iSmokes! :high-five:

Just catching up on your current journal Xlr8, looking great! Now I gotta go read all your completed ones :laughtwo:
:nomo:

Hey Bro! Happy belated New Year! Your plants look awesome, as always. I've always been amazed at the size of those PE leaves, too, and the smell is just incredible! :yummy:
I've also heard that mixing MH with HPS in bloom helps immensely. I saw a video of a growroom setup with about 20 1k HPS bulbs with 600w MH's hanging in between them. It was pretty impressive, if not damn expensive!

Hey Bro! Happy belated New Year! Your plants look awesome, as always. I've always been amazed at the size of those PE leaves, too, and the smell is just incredible! :yummy:
I've also heard that mixing MH with HPS in bloom helps immensely. I saw a video of a growroom setup with about 20 1k HPS bulbs with 600w MH's hanging in between them. It was pretty impressive, if not damn expensive!

I have actually been thinking of that lately, hanging the MH bulbs inbetween the rows. I have seen it done and looks pretty cool and easy. Only worry I have it the heat produced with the bulbs with no way of cooling them.

I have actually been thinking of that lately, hanging the MH bulbs inbetween the rows. I have seen it done and looks pretty cool and easy. Only worry I have it the heat produced with the bulbs with no way of cooling them.

1 K is 'only' 3500 BTUs, just get a bigger AC......:tommy::bigtoke:

Been thinking about this a lot too.
What about if running multiple in a row, and heat was an issue, you could have a cooltube on each bulb, and dedicate an exhaust fan and run exhaust hose between them like a Ogopogo wave down the aisle..
venting the lot of em..
You could then pack em in tighter as plants could grow right up against em.
Foliar feed/ spray, bump without exploding bulbs.

just a thought..
:tokin:

Just catching up on your current journal Xlr8, looking great! Now I gotta go read all your completed ones :laughtwo:
:nomo:

Hi Brewloc -

Good to have you, and thanks! There's a lot of good info in those journals, but it might take you a while - some of them are pretty long. :trance:

Hey Mr Krip!

Yes, I'm really liking the PE so far. It's definitely a she-beast of a plant, too. As a clone she was pretty small, and a little behind the seedlings in there at the beginning, but it's her I have to slow down the most, now. She's stocky and big everywhere it seems, and she really looks like she wants to turn purple at some point. And the smell? Already very nice. I have high hopes for her!

The MH thing is interesting. I'll post some pics soon, and if you look close, the plant tops in the middle lean toward the MH lamp. Even a few that are under the HPS more directly, are leaning slightly toward the MH lamp. It's kind of interesting to watch it unfold... I think the common logic with adding MH is that a mix of 3-1, 0r 4-1 HPS/MH is ideal. So, two 600 HPS, and a 400MH for example. Or three 1000 HPS and one 1000 MH, etc. But, there's no real firm consensus that I'm aware of, and so much of it depends on the space. In a small space like mine, the 50/50 thing might be a decent mix... we'll see! The set-up you describe from the video sounds impressive indeed! :thumb:

Good to see you around buddy - hope you are well! :high-five:

Hey A1!
I think that would be really cool if you could keep it... cool, lol. I like that idea. :thumb:

I can tell that the plants really like the new bulb in my set-up, and the tops in the middle seem to want to lean slightly toward the MH bulb, which is fascinating. I'm really curious to see how this all turns out.

Hi Fluffy! Sure good to see you around. I am proud of you for the difficult road you are going down, and I think you are very courageous. Thanks for bringing smiles and positivity with you - as always!

:circle-of-love:

Been thinking about this a lot too.
What about if running multiple in a row, and heat was an issue, you could have a cooltube on each bulb, and dedicate an exhaust fan and run exhaust hose between them like a Ogopogo wave down the aisle..
venting the lot of em..
You could then pack em in tighter as plants could grow right up against em.
Foliar feed/ spray, bump without exploding bulbs.

just a thought..
:tokin:

That's a very nice idea! One advantage to being able to leave them naked, however? They produce UV that sometimes is filtered out by tempered glass in cool-tubes or air-cooled reflectors. But, I can't do it naked either, and there are benefits to the MH regardless. :)

guess the ladies just love you x :high-five:

Rubbing my chin like JJ Walker, "Well you know, what can I sayyyyy...." :slide:

Haha, I wish! :rofl:

Picture update - Day 19 bloom:

Turned the lights out for a moment to get these - the MH/HPS combo makes color really difficult for pictures.

Believe it or not, the RH is still low in there - all this vegetation, and it's still in the 35% range. Also, you'd be shocked at how many leaves I've already removed! It's just a whole lot of plants in a very small space. I can see I have a bunch more pluckin' to do, and a few more branches to bend.

Light is most intense in the middle, so I'm letting the plants dish up a little on the outsides and the corners. They are really healthy and happy. The Jillybean plant has something like 17 tops at almost equal heights (bottom right quadrant of the first pic below).

How's this for crowded? (Don't try this at home!) ;)
jan_7_1.jpg

MH is on the right side
jan_7_7.jpg

Pineapple Express - check out the giant pink leaf-stem in the second pic, bottom right (nearly as big around as the plant stem!):
jan_7_2.jpg

jan_7_3.jpg

Humboldt - and I once that she might be a he!
jan_7_4.jpg

Vortex
jan_7_5.jpg

Pineapple Express
jan_7_6.jpg

Looking awesome X. This is going to be a great grow.

I ordered some more Kosher Kush seeds Friday on a weekend special. I'll be germing those next and looking for a mom. But the freebies should be interesting and fun too. On the way with the order are one each of Feminized DNA LA Woman, Reserva Privada Sour Kush aka headband, OG #18, Silver LA, and DNA LA Confidential and Stacked Kush.

Adding to my previous freebies I have yet to start:
DNA Martian Kush
Afghan Kush Ryder
LA Diva
Barneys Pineapple Chunk
Barneys Critical Kush

I think I'm going to set up my old tent (4x4) and run my 685w LED for veg, then add my 400w hps during flower and run 2 grows 1 month apart. Probably try to end up with two-four moms all different strains. Kosher Kush will be a given, the strain I really want to keep, probably Master Kush too. Hopefully two from the above choices.

No idea for sure what will be 3rd-4th strains as there looks to be some really good choices above.

Looking awesome X. This is going to be a great grow.

I ordered some more Kosher Kush seeds Friday on a weekend special. I'll be germing those next and looking for a mom. But the freebies should be interesting and fun too. On the way with the order are one each of Feminized DNA LA Woman, Reserva Privada Sour Kush aka headband, OG #18, Silver LA, and DNA LA Confidential and Stacked Kush.

Adding to my previous freebies I have yet to start:
DNA Martian Kush
Afghan Kush Ryder
LA Diva
Barneys Pineapple Chunk
Barneys Critical Kush

I think I'm going to set up my old tent (4x4) and run my 685w LED for veg, then add my 400w hps during flower and run 2 grows 1 month apart. Probably try to end up with two-four moms all different strains. Kosher Kush will be a given, the strain I really want to keep, probably Master Kush too. Hopefully two from the above choices.

No idea for sure what will be 3rd-4th strains as there looks to be some really good choices above.

Hi Bassman -

Those all sound great! OG #18 has been on my list for a bit now, and I've been itching to grow out some LA Connie seeds that I have too. Kosher Kush is a given - she's high on my list. Headband should be good too. Great list, and I like your plan! :thumb:

now thats a full tent! looks great in there X:)

Thanks Jon - yes it's full alright! :)

I've added another post to the FAQ section in the grower forums. This one details my method for germinating seeds:

Xlr8's germination technique - germinating in Rapid Rooter plugs

I'll continue to post new threads like this as I have time if people find them useful. Hope you are all having a great day! :)

Back
Top Bottom