Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

re: Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

OCD or not, I would use tired (and paid for) nutes for the flush. It's my lazy (cheap) side showing. Plants are looking nice and even, hope they stay that way.

Psychedelics.....I want to see more Psychedelics ! It's in the name, isn't it? I paid my way in with Plus Reps...so let's see some mores colors! Late sixties will do. Hope you feel better my Buddy.:hug:

I still have access to a mom from the original Big Bang that I grew. I haven't ran it in a while but a friend still does and it is still strong as ever. :) I have moved to Strawberry Cough and Triple X.... both are great and I would recomend. (Triple X is awsome!)

I plan to do some posts soon... stay tuned. :)

Jonny

Triple X... Sounds right up my alley! ;)

Is that from Hazeman Seeds? Always on the lookout for something new to put on my "wish list".

Really nice seeing you around again, Jonny. :high-five:

Great resin production already! You did a great job on choosing your strains. Never tried the Humboldt, but as for the other three, they're grrrrreat... Although the Bubba is a short little light hog, I have a feeling you won't be disappointed in her quality. It is one of my favorite strains, great for pain relief at the end of a long day.

Thank you Doc Dread! I like the strains too, I'm so pumped to watch them start building flowers and resins. Funny thing is, the day after those pics the resin content looked to be about double what it was. Like the frost fairy came to visit. I love this stage of the grow because of the dramatic changes seemingly "overnight". I feel like I always say this, but I'm pretty sure this is the most excited I've been about a grow so far. So much to look forward too! I've been dying to try the Bubba. I really appreciate you dropping by and all the positivity, brother. :)

:thumb: wow x so glorious and amazing you be 1 good grower :thumb:

Thanks BID - you rock! Appreciate the positivity and the props, and the support. Like I said, you rock! :theband:

OCD or not, I would use tired (and paid for) nutes for the flush. It's my lazy (cheap) side showing. Plants are looking nice and even, hope they stay that way.

Hi OG!

Any doubts I had were eased when I saw them looking so happy afterwards. Lazy and cheap? Perhaps, but prudent? Definitely. Appreciate you giving me your 2 cents. :thumb:

I say, Gaaaaaaawd Damn!!!!!
:tokin:

Thank you for the DWC tips in Spring's journal my darling...I am going to take the plunge and get one
DWC 1 Potz System - GreenSea Hydroponics and see how it goes. I can't cope with the soil anymore sadly (and the hospital have referred me on, but told me I am screwed basically).

Figure I could just about squeeze two into my cupboard and have one for photo (yield) and one for auto (speed).

Anyway...rambled about me. Dammit, sorry, am without a journal to do that.

Lots of fluffy hugs my darling :hug:

Thank you for the DWC tips in Spring's journal my darling...I am going to take the plunge and get one
DWC 1 Potz System - GreenSea Hydroponics and see how it goes. I can't cope with the soil anymore sadly (and the hospital have referred me on, but told me I am screwed basically).

Figure I could just about squeeze two into my cupboard and have one for photo (yield) and one for auto (speed).

Anyway...rambled about me. Dammit, sorry, am without a journal to do that.

Lots of fluffy hugs my darling :hug:

FLUFFY! So happy to see you. I wish your wing wasn't all wonky, and giving you such problems. Screwed? Don't accept that. I've been told that (in essence) from a few doctors now, but SCREW THEM. I'm not giving up - Psht. Never ever give up or give in, Fluffy, they are being lazy. I've seen a few times now where one doctor says "No way!" and another says, "We can fix that!". They're just humans, and totally fallible.

Those look like nice little DWC set-ups, honestly. I like those a lot for a simple bucket DWC system. I've typically DIY'd them, but it may be handier for you to buy them pre-made like that. I like that they give you a little porthole for PH measurements, etc., and a drain on the bottom that I'm guessing could be modified to turn it into a larger, recirculating system. If it were me, I'd get it with the drain tap, and get the larger air pump or a good larger air-pump of your own. :thumb:

Hello there my friend :ciao: I have a couple of general questions that are not related to this specific grow for you. Your input is of great value to me. Please know that I won't take advice per-word, so feel free to completely express your opinion. I realize there's numerous ways to do it right so don't worry about that.

1- I noticed you exclusively run Hortilux bulbs. How come? Is there a story/comparison/experiment behind this decision? or are you just the type of guy to go for the proven best and stick with it? I'm curious and planning to purchase a new 600 soon.

2- I love your strain selections in general. Most of the stuff you grew are top on my "wish list" if you may. Have you noticed any strains that prefer growing single colas? Any pheno-stable strains you noticed grew with minimal branching? I understand how general this question is, but if it rings any bells please do share the strain name with me :blushsmile:.

3- I'm currently growing a super lemon haze babe. I'm fixing to take a few cuttings before I flower her. Have you cloned this strain before? I know you grew it and it remains to be one of your favorites so I thought I'd ask. I heard she could be a little b*itchy to clone. Would you recommend any special treatment for SLH cuttings? Or is the difference only in rooting time?

I hope these questions are not too noob'sh :) I noticed your current pre98 bubba is a good answer to question #2, any others :blushsmile:?

Cheers :passitleft:

Hey X,I need your expertise bro.do you mind having a look at the pics I posted in my journal. It looks like a defficiency but its the only plant in the room with this yellowing.JBC420 suggested it could be micro nutrients defficiency because its only the top half of the plant that is affected and he might be right,im just not sure because its the only plant showing symptoms.Thanks in advance:)

Hello there my friend :ciao: I have a couple of general questions that are not related to this specific grow for you. Your input is of great value to me. Please know that I won't take advice per-word, so feel free to completely express your opinion. I realize there's numerous ways to do it right so don't worry about that.

1- I noticed you exclusively run Hortilux bulbs. How come? Is there a story/comparison/experiment behind this decision? or are you just the type of guy to go for the proven best and stick with it? I'm curious and planning to purchase a new 600 soon.

2- I love your strain selections in general. Most of the stuff you grew are top on my "wish list" if you may. Have you noticed any strains that prefer growing single colas? Any pheno-stable strains you noticed grew with minimal branching? I understand how general this question is, but if it rings any bells please do share the strain name with me :blushsmile:.

3- I'm currently growing a super lemon haze babe. I'm fixing to take a few cuttings before I flower her. Have you cloned this strain before? I know you grew it and it remains to be one of your favorites so I thought I'd ask. I heard she could be a little b*itchy to clone. Would you recommend any special treatment for SLH cuttings? Or is the difference only in rooting time?

I hope these questions are not too noob'sh :) I noticed your current pre98 bubba is a good answer to question #2, any others :blushsmile:?

Cheers :passitleft:

Hi iSmokes!

(1) Well, I don't actually run Hortilux bulbs exclusively, per se'. My HPS bulbs are indeed Hortilux. Here's why: I've spent a lot of time trying to find the best bulb for flowering, and time after time - this seems like the one (though pricey). Perhaps the biggest reasons I like their HPS bulbs, are the added blue spectrum (not sure how much it matters though), but more importantly, I have a friend who did some tests with a meter, and he swears that the Hortilux remains remarkably bright long after most other bulbs start to dim (I believe he measured the lux/lumens. In other words, a longer effective life. There are still some unknowns and honestly plants don't care much about lumens, they care about PAR, but perhaps the lux readings hint at PAR... If I were to try any other bulb for HPS, "Ushio" is the other brand I might try. I'm sure there are other good ones too, this is just where I landed. My understanding, is the big difference between cheaper bulbs and good bulbs like the Hortilux, is the longevity, and effective life. But, again, that's just the gist I've gotten, mostly from others I trust. I've also never had a Horti bulb go bad, yet, personally. :wood:

This round I'm experimenting a little, and running a MH bulb by Sunmaster (Warm Deluxe) in one hood, and a Hortilux Super HPS in the other. I want to see how they respond to a broader spectrum, and the effect the MH has on the plants.

(2) The Pre-98 Bubba I'm growing didn't really side branch much at all. It's quite remarkable actually. I forced it into 4 tops, by topping it low in veg, but those 4 tops have almost zero side branching. If I'd have left it "as is", it'd probably be one big cola with hardly any side-branching. If I had the goal you do - I might start with the "Pre-98 Bubba Kush" from Cali Connection. I don't know how stable it is, though, as this is my first time growing it. Most indica or indica leaning hybrids would work well for a single cola grow, but I'd stay clear of most strains by Subcool, as they tend to be pretty sativa in their stature. (I love his strains, just not good for single cola grows typically). The other one I'd recommend would be "Snow White" from Nirvana. Really nice strain, and 420fied has mapped out the perfect way to grow it "single cola style" so you'd have a roadmap right there. I've grown several of it too, and it's stable, vigorous, consistent, easy, potent - very nice strain, perfect for that style grow. Pineapple Express by G13 Labs might be good for this, too. I've seen this plant grown that way, too.

(3) Super Lemon Haze is a SLOW cloner (for me). When I take cuttings, I'll have others root in 6-7 days, and she'll take 12. But, she doesn't get any special treatment. I just have to be more patient with her. I really don't like her as a plant, but I love her amazingly delicious flowers. She's a bit scraggly, with goofy looking fan leaves that don't always look happy (the secret to her happiness, btw, is aeration/oxygen). She doesn't like soggy feet (roots). If you let her media dry a little more than you might otherwise while she grows, she'll be happier. But, it's a fine line so be careful not to let her get too dry. This info is also what Greenhouse would/do say about her, too, so it's not just my cut - it's a strain thing somewhat. Even their SLH plants have the ugly fans and scraggly look a bit in their videos (it's a clawing thing with the fans) - they also recommend more aeration/dryer media for her. They have a great grow video for the SLH you should check out - I found it helpful, and agree with their assessments on how to grow her from my own experience.

Hope this helps! :goodluck:

But X I run sub's QRAZY TRAIN and it does pretty good and tastey um um um good my avatar is it and im a 2 liter guy so check sub out I got 3 QT and 2 were female kept the best.

Hey X,I need your expertise bro.do you mind having a look at the pics I posted in my journal. It looks like a defficiency but its the only plant in the room with this yellowing.JBC420 suggested it could be micro nutrients defficiency because its only the top half of the plant that is affected and he might be right,im just not sure because its the only plant showing symptoms.Thanks in advance:)

Hi Jon!

In my humble opinion, it's the fungus gnats causing your issue. The fungus gnats cause yellowing that looks just like this (at least they have for me). Root aphids also cause yellowing leaves, and can have wings and look remarkably like fungus gnats (but they are much worse!). I hope you don't have Root Aphids. Can you get a better look at one, and compare it to pics on the internet of fungus gnats and winged root aphids? :goodluck:

As far as micro nutrients, that's possible. Your PPM's seem a little on the low side for a plant that size, and micro nutrients being deficient could be at fault, too. I wish these things were a little more cut and dry, but if you have one plant more infested than others with bugs, it's likely the issue IMO.

But X I run sub's QRAZY TRAIN and it does pretty good and tastey um um um good my avatar is it and im a 2 liter guy so check sub out I got 3 QT and 2 were female kept the best.

Hi MR! Glad you are still around!

I shouldn't have been as absolute as I was on Subcool's strains... I'm sure there are strains/phenos of his that would work for a grow like that, but not as many as some breeders perhaps. Generally speaking, he likes sativa leaning hybrids, that tend to be vinier, but not ALL are like that. Thanks for pointing that out on the Qrazy Train - good to know!

:thumb:

Day 28 since photo-period reduction:

Vortex - Buds are still small, but getting really sticky. She even has trichomes on the stems. Smells like Jolly Rancher candy!
jan_18_1.jpg

Jillybean - what a vigorous she-beast! Smells like Orange Tang. If I were to start a SCROG grow, this is the plant I'd choose of everything I've grown (at least for canopy management). She side-branches like crazy, and they DO make it to the canopy without much help. She must have 15-20 tops within or close to the "sweet spot" of the lighting:
jan_18_5.jpg

Humboldt - also smells like fruity candy - really intoxicating. Check out the insane frost!
jan_18_2.jpg

Another Humboldt pic:
jan_18_3.jpg

Pineapple Express
jan_18_4.jpg

Took this cutting from the Bubba Kush during flower. She rooted in 7 days, AND is still making a flower, lol. Crazy!
jan_18_6.jpg

I agree! Great Trichs at such an early stage in flower! That Humbolt is already almost completely white!
:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom