1st Journal 32 2L Hempy - 420Fied Style

Bigpappa1983

Aloha 420 Magazine!!
Ok so I have been lurking these forums for quite a while during my adventure in growing. This is going to be quite the learning experience for me and hopefully some of you....but mostly me I bet.
I got my recommend back in March 2010 and in May I saw a few clones sitting in the local dispensary and decided to grab a few and just see what happens. Well then I bought a used set up from the local hydro store and well.....here I am now gearing up for a 32 plant run!
I have 2 grows under my belt now, neither of them structured in any way! I would just Top and FIM to my heart's content and flipped them into flower. Last grow I had 3 plants and yielded 7 ounces, and while I was not upset, I always like to better myself in everything I do.
While trying to learn as much as I can I stumbled across this site. I have been lurking around different forums for a while, but I have been pretty much in stealth mode. I had already decided that I wanted to structure my next grow to really step up yield and potency and to really get to know my plants much better. Doing my research I figured a SOG or SCROG would be my best options. Then I had to read 420fieds Hempy SoG journals and went sort of bat shit crazy lol. My old man is my growing partner and lets just say I overloaded the poor guys brain in a very short period of time!
So this grow will be my first attempt at a SOG, I am styling as closely as I can to 420fied's(I was planning on inviting 420 to the journal but I have like 5 or less posts so no PMs yet for me!) set up and will make adjustments as the plants (and possible some of you) tell/suggest I do.
I also got in touch with Blue Planet Nutrients, I simply enjoyed how active BPN is in the grow journals using his products. So he got me hooked up nicely and I look forward to working with the nutrient line and BPN alongside this grow.
In short a HUGE thanks to Blue Planet Nutrients and 420fied!! And now for the nitty gritty!!

Purple Kush X White Widow and Ice(undetermined numbers at this point more Purple Widow than Ice this run)
32 2l Hempy buckets in a 2x4 grow tent.
600w HPS
75% Perlite 25% Vermiculite
BPN Micro/Grow/Bloom/Liquid Blue
Defoliate on days 21/45
Poor Man's Co2
As for feeding schedule I will be following the BPN schedule and I am going to run PPMs similar to 420fieds and make adjustments as needed. I just like this as a starting point, its better than guessing.
(from 420fieds come SOG with me journal)
week1 - 400 PPM
week2 - 700 PPM(by week 2 the roots have hit the res and they take off)
week3 - 900 PPM(lots of stretch in week 3)
week 4-10 1100-1400 PPM
One thing I will be really monitoring is the stretch, I really don't know who any of my strains stretch so that will be a big learning experience as I know we want to keep them in the 18-20 inch range so next run I will have a better idea and hopefully a much prettier run!
As per 420fied set up I was planning on feeding daily and flushing after every 3rd or 4th feed. Now my question is because this is new to me. I assume the flush is just feeding plain water that day or is it more traditional in running water until it drains for a while? One of the few things I couldn't find in the journals.
I have a small set of clones ready now and will be transplanting them, but some of them are small and not looking so great currently so I will only be adding the healthy looking ones to the tent the others I will put in veg for some recovery and then flowering them under my CFLs, for a comparison. The rest will be transplanted and set under the hps for 3 days of 18 hours just to adjust and then flip them to 12/12. I just finished building a 30 site aeroponic cloner and will be taking cuttings tonight and getting them going to so hopefully they won't be too far behind the rest. In future grows I plan to have all the same strain per grow fluxing between Purple Widow/Ice/Harlequin. I don't know if I will keep all these strains but my goal is to have 4 mothers of 4 different strains and be able to rotate strains per harvest.

Now that my long winded ass is done with introductions here are a few photos of my previous grow as I have nothing to post yet. In the next day or so first photos of the current grow will be up! Again this is a huge learning experience for me so I welcome all to come watch ask questions and give advice.

Purple Widow close up early on in flowering.
IMAG00606.jpg

Full picture of Purple Widow in flower
IMAG0080-1.jpg

Fresh Trimmed Ice from holiday harvest 2011
IMAG008510.jpg

Fresh Trimmed Purple Widow from Holiday Harvest 2011
IMAG00879.jpg

Re: 1st Journal 32 2l hempy(420fied style) Feat. Blue Planet Nutrients

beautiful buds bro, hoping my stuff turns out lookn like those pics haha

ill be along for the ride, cant wait to see your next batch

Thanks for the kind words and welcome to the adventure.

I feel kind of like a retarded chimp though. Before this I have had no experience in any type of gardening so even though I have a couple grows under my belt I'm scared shitless. Last two grows were Ohh let's get some organic soil let them feed of that for get then add some tecnaflora nutes for flower. So this is going to require a lot more attention to detail. So I'm excited and scurd ha!
Hopefully any screw ups won't get me tar and feathered!

Anywho transplanted some girls tonight gonna let them sleep the night and will feed them tomorrow. As well as provide some photos and take some clones.

In a world of billions of retarded chimps, let's hope you'll be the one who happened to write Shakespeare
Those crops thus far have been wicked awesome, brother.
Nice to watch the development. That bud in the hand, damn beautiful.
I'm half expecting your next one to sprout gold and bubbly nubile women.

In a world of billions of retarded chimps, let's hope you'll be the one who happened to write Shakespeare
Those crops thus far have been wicked awesome, brother.
Nice to watch the development. That bud in the hand, damn beautiful.
I'm half expecting your next one to sprout gold and bubbly nubile women.
Ha ha mahalo bruddah welcome aboard..please have your own life preservers!

Looking forward to the grow! 2L is great.

Me too! I was in shock at the journals i was reading and growing in a 1b apt is a bitch with big plants!

i'll be following this journal.. love to watch a 2L SOG..

alright I wanted to do an update earlier than this but well I had a little to much fun at $2 Tuesday last night and didnt wake up til like noon! Not a whole hell of a lot going on, but got a few photos for everyone.

Shot of the babies this morning, sorry for the crappy lighting. More will come tomorrow morning when they get fed.
IMAG00958.jpg

Mothers on the left is Ice and right is Purple Widow....Ice was raped for clones today!
IMAG00969.jpg

The aero cloner I attempted to build....here is hoping it works!
IMAG00977.jpg

Shot of the mother/cloner set up.
IMAG00987.jpg

question to anyone who might know...will sunlight from a window(sun hits it 80% of the day) be enough to root clones? I am having issues placing my aero cloner and I found a nice place but no where to really put lights. Thoughts?

Clones need very little light to root. In fact, you don't want a whole bunch of light on them. Best of luck.

I love seeing more and more 2L grows. May all your buds be dense my friend.

:high-five:

I was hoping I would see you poke your head around in here! Honestly I owe you a bunch of thanks. Reading your two journals made me get excited about producing max yield out of my 2x4 tent! And I made a bastardization of your aero-cloner design.

Clones need very little light to root. In fact, you don't want a whole bunch of light on them. Best of luck.

That is the conclusion I came to as well, I have them tucked under my mothers with a 2, 2ft fluorescent tubes over them...already lost 4 yay droopy clones, but I half expected it on those one. I designed to frame for slightly smaller bucket and wound up finding a really nice one a little bigger. So those four as I thought are not getting the spray they need. Figure I can do a quick fix by getting 360 degree spray heads instead of 180 and 90s.

I was hoping I would see you poke your head around in here! Honestly I owe you a bunch of thanks. Reading your two journals made me get excited about producing max yield out of my 2x4 tent! And I made a bastardization of your aero-cloner design.

That is the conclusion I came to as well, I have them tucked under my mothers with a 2, 2ft fluorescent tubes over them...already lost 4 yay droopy clones, but I half expected it on those one. I designed to frame for slightly smaller bucket and wound up finding a really nice one a little bigger. So those four as I thought are not getting the spray they need. Figure I can do a quick fix by getting 360 degree spray heads instead of 180 and 90s.

Thanks for the kind words....... and you're quite welcome. Max yield is what it's all about! I'll be checking in on you so I can share in your success.

hey cool grow i am thinking of doing one similar, what do you have the 2L pots in? is it some kind of tub for the over flow?

They are drawers from one.of those cheap rolling storage/dresser like things you get at walmart. They only stay in that for like 20 min after feeding. Makes for easy transporting a small group at a time.

Back
Top Bottom