1st Journal 32 2L Hempy - 420Fied Style

Cut some lemon juice 50/50 with water and spray the leaves. Some people use milk. Both are mild acids and lower the pH to a range where the mildew can't survive.

Great question! I too would like to see the answer.

To be honest I have started skipping my plain water feeding and I have been giving them nutes with every feeding until a 3 day, water only flush at the end....and even then it's not much of a flush, I just run some plain water through them until they begin to drain out the side and stop. Xare never flushes his plants and I've had runs where I haven't flushed them and to be honest, there's no noticeable difference.

Take this for what it's worth and it's only my opinion, but I have grown thousands of 2L SOG plants so I'm speaking from experience here...you don't have to worry about flushing these little Hempys. Feed them with every watering and flush them for 2 or 3 days at the end if you'd like and you(and they) will be fine.

To be honest I have started skipping my plain water feeding and I have been giving them nutes with every feeding until a 3 day, water only flush at the end....and even then it's not much of a flush, I just run some plain water through them until they begin to drain out the side and stop. Xare never flushes his plants and I've had runs where I haven't flushed them and to be honest, there's no noticeable difference.

Take this for what it's worth and it's only my opinion, but I have grown thousands of 2L SOG plants so I'm speaking from experience here...you don't have to worry about flushing these little Hempys. Feed them with every watering and flush them for 2 or 3 days at the end if you'd like and you(and they) will be fine.

And this is why I am glad I have some Jedi masters following and giving this young padawan and others watching some guidance!......ya wake n bake...im gonna see if i have more roots now! Much mahalo 420!

Cut some lemon juice 50/50 with water and spray the leaves. Some people use milk. Both are mild acids and lower the pH to a range where the mildew can't survive.

Awesome tip, sadly I had neither available to me so i took some of my organic miticide(which also kills mildews to it says) and diluted it to like 20% at most and took a Qtip and just applied it to the white spots.

In other news YAY ROOOTS! just changed the res today (day 11) and we have about 6 with nice at least 1-2 inch long roots good and white. So i think my goal of having the clones transplanted and in the tent by 2/1 is going to work! First batch is going to be 17 Ice 2 Purple Widow and 2 Harliquin....then 11 more Ice will go into the Cloner on 2/1 and with the new pump and using some cloning nutes hopefully the will only be about 10 days behind the others.

In with a few more questions to iron out the coming days. I have 3 plants in hempys I managed to keep alive, now one thing i noticed is when I add my nutes or just plain PHd water its around 6( i am lame and only have the GH liquid PH tester for now) and i catch the run off and test it its back up to 7......So I assume I want my in and out to be running the same? If so, do i just PH the water/nutes further down till i start seeing it run off as 6 or should i just keep adding the way I am and it will slowly lower? I will state that the first week or so it was fed straight tap with the nutes as I did not have a PH tester(my old one was jacked) Now once i add the BPN nutes it seemed to naturally lower it to 6.5 after i got a new tester so I wasn't to far off(or so i think).

I am getting excited for the coming days!

make sure u let your tap water sit out for 24 hours to let the chlorine evaporate.

best of luck to you my friend

Ya i do that....ok most of the time i do, i need to get better on it LOL. I also have one of those PH sticks and it also shows how much chlorine and other things are in there(well the color indicates it) and it shows 0 on the chlorine, I do take it as a grain of salt...most of the time I am bad and just mix the nutes into tap water the night before so its more like 12 hours.....ya i know I should be shot.
Curious would boiling tap water the night before have any benifit?

i have no idea if boiling would help but i wouldn't go through that much time over that.

What i do is have about 8 1 gallon water jugs that i try to keep full at all times so that i always have water on hand even if i forget to fill a couple back up. I have 5 large plants flowering right now so i go through a lot of it but u should only need like 3-4 gallons to keep u going.

Or just take 50 cents and go fill a couple gallons up

bubbling with an air stone will accellerate chlorine removal. It will also raise PH a little

alright guys could use some opinions....since this is my first time aero cloning I am on the fence if I can/should transplant these gals yet. Its either transplant to hempy pots or change the res tonight(which would suck for just a day or 2).I think next time with the right pump from the start they will look much better lol. Anyways here are the ladies!

IMAG01038.jpg

Why do you need to change the res....just run for another day and plant them. Or plant them now, they will all grow.

alright so i transplanted the 18 i had in the cloner, lost 2 over night. Not sure how i am feeling on this hempy set up right now. I am struggling big time for some reason. However I am going to let these now 16 go and see what happens between now and when my other clones are done(cutting them tonight or tomorrow). I am going to take yet again bigger clones(at least 6-8 inches) I tryed to do 5-6 inches(some down to 4) but they dont seem to be working.

A few issues I had this time....

I pre-soaked the 75/25 perlite vermiculite but I did so in a bucket all together and seems that I used to much water. Because the last 6 bottles seem like they are much more vermiculite and have a really dense muddy feeling.....Solution: Plant all clones in dry mix then soak.

The other big problem I had was the medium getting all over the clones leaves. I think perhaps my solution above will help that as I wont have the stuff all over my hands.

So with that being said I don't want to give up on the hempy yet, but if these guys that are good dont take off(at least half of whats left) I am probably going back to soil as its been over a month since i have had anything flowering and thats just not acceptable.

Here are a few photos, sorry lights are on. When i feed them in the morning I will snap a photo or two.

IMAG01069.jpg
IMAG01053.jpg
IMAG01044.jpg

You need to let your root systems grow out more before burying your plants. I noticed your picture above and it's my opinion that you buried them much too early. I make sure my root systems are long enough that they're already laying in the res at the bottom of the 2L when I plant them. I've grown scads of 2L SOG plants and I'm convinced that the single most important factor to growing hearty plants is having a healthy root system that's already laying in the res at the bottom when they're buried. For example, here's a photo taken today of a group of 50 clones I will likely plant within the next day or two. Bury them with a healthy root system and they'll take off immediately and grow into much nicer SOG plants. Don't give up on these 2L Hempys just yet. This is a super easy and effective method of growing if done right. Best of luck my friend.

rooty2.JPG

rooty.JPG

Back
Top Bottom